4 us Daily Beasts

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Yuu Xeno

Re: 4 us Daily Beasts

#196 Post by Yuu Xeno »

Alrighty then, that's good.

As for how I like it, it seems very well thought out and written, which is how I like it. Most people I come across are...bad at writing, to say the least. :/

And you're right, my intro would be kinda crazy considering. Where do you think I should come in at?
Like a trance, I move with your voice,
Under chants of horror around me.
And I think to myself what a life.
Why be here if I'm going to die.

Phaing
Master

#197 Post by Phaing »

Yuu Xeno wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 am ...
And you're right, my intro would be kinda crazy considering. Where do you think I should come in at?
First of all, Quote me when you are answering my post if you want me to get notice of it quickly.

Second, There are some examples of write-ups at the start of the threads, no numbers are needed, just who you have and what they can do. Some Char traits are also needed.

thrid- Well, there are several ways to go.
There is a phalanx of 16 soldier/prisoners coming down the stairs, and few of them have names. You could be one of the ones that has been overlooked so far.... that would get you right into the action.
BTW, remember that this is a military prison, you would have soldier skills, and a lot of the guys here are in for being Contentious Objectors against the war itself, or just refused Templar orders.
And a some of the others are genuine scumbags...

The posting rate is slow, that might be the only way to get you in this month.
Another option could be a Mountain-Man sort. A wilderness-dweller who happens on the scene for whatever reason. He would have to be careful and clever to be hovering around the scene without shelter, those Birds are a serious problem!

Other than that, not too many restrictions, or options. It may take some time to get to the next place we are likely to meet people; the River and the Skate-boats that we are hoping will be smooth-sailing!
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Phaing
Master

#198 Post by Phaing »

Lief wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:53 am There be a post. Not sure if that's better or worse than my last few. But it's there.

And yes, James is swearing in Basitin. Wanted to use scheiße, but I don't know what kind of place German has in the world of Twokinds.
I'm impressed that your keyboard allows you to spell that word right.

I'm fine with it, the Bastian culture always seemed more German than anything else to me. :potatoes:
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#199 Post by Lief »

Haha, that's a point. And I can't actually spell it properly with my keyboard (Although I can as long as I remember the unicode thing for it...) I just used Google.

But yeah if you like I can switch over to German curses for Basitin.

Phaing
Master

#200 Post by Phaing »

Lief wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:50 am...
But yeah if you like I can switch over to German curses for Basitin.
Yeah, that works. Firefly cursed in (really bad) Chinese, Battlestar Galactica invented new words, and this site auto-cencors bad words.

Just save it for when you really need it... which will probably be the post after next!

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#201 Post by The Rookie »

Sorry I haven't responded yet.

I'm back at school, and work decided to roster me on pretty much when ever I wasn't at school. So I've had about 5-7 hours of free time to sleep between travel, work and class the last 4 days, and probably won't be able to post till tomorrow night or late Friday...

Adulting is terrible...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#202 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:51 pm Sorry I haven't responded yet.
Well, if someone else wants to take their turn, I don't see why not, do you?

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#203 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:23 am
The Rookie wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:51 pm Sorry I haven't responded yet.
Well, if someone else wants to take their turn, I don't see why not, do you?
Not at all. I'd have been quite happy for someone else to go in the mean time.

Managed to catch an hour before work this morning, but sorry if its not exactly a lot to work with... :potatoes:

I genuinely feel terrible not getting these up as fast as I usually can...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#204 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:18 am ...
I genuinely feel terrible not getting these up as fast as I usually can...
Don't give it another thought, every one of us has held things up at one point or another.... including me. :oops:

-George Bernard Shaw

Yuu Xeno

#205 Post by Yuu Xeno »

Phaing wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:00 pm
First of all, Quote me when you are answering my post if you want me to get notice of it quickly.
Alright, I think I've got the quote system down :D
Second, There are some examples of write-ups at the start of the threads, no numbers are needed, just who you have and what they can do. Some Char traits are also needed.
Alright, I'll look into them!
thrid- Well, there are several ways to go.
There is a phalanx of 16 soldier/prisoners coming down the stairs, and few of them have names. You could be one of the ones that has been overlooked so far.... that would get you right into the action.
BTW, remember that this is a military prison, you would have soldier skills, and a lot of the guys here are in for being Contentious Objectors against the war itself, or just refused Templar orders.
And a some of the others are genuine scumbags...
Hmm, I think I could do something with this. I'd just have to think up some stuff.
The posting rate is slow, that might be the only way to get you in this month.
Another option could be a Mountain-Man sort. A wilderness-dweller who happens on the scene for whatever reason. He would have to be careful and clever to be hovering around the scene without shelter, those Birds are a serious problem!
I also like this idea, but with that comes a problem. Would I be on the outside of the prison, or the inside? I'm not sure how that would go.
Other than that, not too many restrictions, or options. It may take some time to get to the next place we are likely to meet people; the River and the Skate-boats that we are hoping will be smooth-sailing!
I like this as well, the whole meeting my character as a sort of guide once you get to another town, but who knows when that will be, right? :/ I'll just post him and see what goes from there, yeah?

Yuu Xeno

#206 Post by Yuu Xeno »

Name: Samuel North
Species: Human

Appearance: (No Image)
-Semi-long hair that reaches his shoulders, and has a bit of a curl in the back/Brown with blonde highlights, mainly in his bangs
-Bright blue eyes
-A long, thick beard/Unkempt, but trimmed every so often
-A small scar above his right eye

Wardrobe:
-Colder climates/Usually wears a brown deer-skin coat that has a gold-colored rope to tie, a dark grey coat and a black shirt underneath. Either grey or black trousers and boots. Also wears a small steel breast-plate over his coat and leather gloves.
-Warmer climates/Usually wears a brown shirt with whatever trousers he has. Wears his breast-plate and a pair of cloth hand-wraps, as well as lightly armored chain-mail under his armor.
-Always wears a small leather backpack for travel/Has a small cloth tent and torch strapped to the sides.

Weapons:
-An overall 32'' short-sword(26'' blade-6'' hilt/handle)-The blade itself is a normal grey steel color, but has a small lack strip running from the middle of the hilt to the tip of the sword on both sides. The sword was forged mainly for stabbing, but it has been worked to be good with slashes as well.
-Two 8'' backup daggers strapped to his breastplate's belt. Each one is serrated on both sides to cause more damage in a successful puncture. Sometimes duel-wields both, or one with his main sword

Personality:
-He is quite laid back and friendly most of the time, willing to help anyone and anything in need. He'd risk his life to protect those who are in danger, and won't back down from a confrontation. He is easy to get along with at first meeting, but he tends to have a lot of nitpicks that could anger him if done on purpose.

Skills:
-Sword-play/He was trained from a young age with blades, and knows a few ways to get around an opponents guard
-Cooking/He can make a mean stew, believe it or not. He's always had a way with food, be it slab of meat or a pile of salt-He'll do something with it
-Convincing/He could convince a bandit to give up his stolen loot with words. He is very empathetic, and knows what it's like to have a bad day
-Entertaining/He knows how to make someone laugh, whether it be just a good joke or a show of character. He doesn't like seeing anyone feel bad

Weaknesses:
-Caring/His positive outlook on most people sometimes can get him in more trouble than he'd prefer, or he'll simply help someone when it would be better not to
-Bad Knee/Due to an accident when he was a child, his left knee can sometimes lock up or just give out completely. This usually only happens during extended periods of use of it, or when he doesn't use it for a while(i.e Sitting down for to long)
-Nitpicks/He doesn't like a lot of small things people do, and at times prefers if they just do what he wants them to do. This can lead him to lose friends and the like, but he always feels bad afterwards

Phaing
Master

#207 Post by Phaing »

Yuu Xeno wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:29 am.... I like this as well, the whole meeting my character as a sort of guide once you get to another town, but who knows when that will be, right? :/ I'll just post him and see what goes from there, yeah?
Well...

If he's not a prisoner, he's not in the scene currently underway.

He could be right outside the prison, which is actually a complex the size of a village. That would leave him exposed to attack from any other Birds that might be around, or he could be in just the right place to help them escape. If he is a canny outdoorsman he could have come up with a way to mask his scent or something.

He might be suspicious about what is happening in there, its been noticed that its been awfully quiet there lately (no dispatch riders or wagons going in or out for days) or maybe he has a load of stuff he wants to sell.

Or, maybe we can start him out on the boat-landing half a day's ride away.
Hmmm... does he have show-shoes, or skis, or something else?

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#208 Post by Lief »

Skip me over this round, doesn't look like there's much for me to do at the moment! Meant to say something sooner, actually, whoops.

Yuu Xeno

#209 Post by Yuu Xeno »

Phaing wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:03 pm Or, maybe we can start him out on the boat-landing half a day's ride away.
He can. I've been thinking up some equipment for him, but nothing's really seemed that great. I guess snow-shoes are fine, maybe just two pairs at least, and he could buy some more if need be, I'm sure.

Phaing
Master

#210 Post by Phaing »

Lief wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:41 pm Skip me over this round, doesn't look like there's much for me to do at the moment! Meant to say something sooner, actually, whoops.
Thanks for letting us know.

Yuu Xeno wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:35 am
Phaing wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:03 pm Or, maybe we can start him out on the boat-landing half a day's ride away.
He can. I've been thinking up some equipment for him, but nothing's really seemed that great. I guess snow-shoes are fine, maybe just two pairs at least, and he could buy some more if need be, I'm sure.
Okay, I might have gone with skis, but they are a bear to carry when you are not using them.

Alright, Annarian has done something highly intelligent and NOT broken the glass, which would have alerted the juvenile Terror bird prowling around just outside the front door. This gives you an opening.... we could place you out there, where she might be able to see you and you can see the Bird from the edge of the treeline.

If you are good with that, go ahead and post.

-George Bernard Shaw