4 us Daily Beasts

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Tom Furson

Re: 4 us Daily Beasts

#181 Post by Tom Furson »

Are you still looking for people to join?

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#182 Post by Lief »

I dunno how many slots are open or if I just took the only one, you'll have to wait on Phaing to tell you.

But, here's my sheet.
Stands at around 6'1. Ash grey eyes. And a fair bit more beard owing to having been imprisoned for some time.

Name:
James Foley
Species:
Human

Wardrobe:
Currently stuck with standard prisoner's garb. Although despite all expectations he's managed to keep his scarf, and it maintains a modicum of cleanliness. His preference, being a soldier, would be medium-weight armor of some sort. A jack or brigandine on the lighter side, or splintmail on the heavier end. For general traveling purposes, especially in colder climates, he used to have an armored longcoat, but who knows where that ended up.

Weapons:
Currently, a 3-foot long piece of iron rod. In better times, a sword and board, specifically his own. Through careful management of the few contacts he was able to maintain from within prison, James is mostly certain that his sword is actually in the prison guard's armory. Before his imprisonment he had been using a standard issue Templar kite shield, and would be more than happy to get his hands on one again, although a suitable alternative would serve just as well.

Foley Family Sword - 33" blade, 9" hilt+pommel, 42" overall. A hand-and-a-half sword that, if the tales can be believed, was forged by James' great-grandfather. Regardless, it's been in his family for at least that long. In James' hands it handles quite well with a one-handed grip alongside a shield, or with a two-handed grip without. Aside from its obviously excellent craftsmanship, there is little remarkable about the blade barring the magical deadzone it is. (It has light anti-magic properties.)

Personality: Generally pretty mild-mannered and withdrawn. He can become quite vocal and even downright aggressive over something he believes strongly in, however. As well, travel puts him in a good mood, and he is known to sing on the road. (Terrible at sticking to a written personality expect differences in-character from what it says here.)

Skills:
Sword & Board- A capable sword fighter in his own right, James downright excels when he's equipped with a shield as well.
Capable Command- Although his experience is minimal, James does have the training and instinct to lead a small unit in combat if the need arises.
Practiced Hunter- James can hunt small or large game relatively well, and while not an archer he is experienced enough with a bow and arrow to not skin his arm on release.
Soldier On- Training, experience, and no small amount of mental fortitude have left James with the ability to move past his dead comrades, figuratively and literally, to get the job done.
Wannabe Bard- In his youth, James wished to become a bard. As it just so happens, he has a relatively pleasant singing voice and isn't shy about it, although his repertoire of songs is somewhat limited.
Misc- James has picked up on various other things during his time as a soldier, and some before he even joined up, but none of them are worth a solid place on this list.

Weaknesses:
While not short tempered, James can be quite opinionated at times, and is unlikely to be dissuaded from certain beliefs or courses of action even if it comes to blows.
James "soldiers on", but has many things weighing on him regardless, contributing somewhat to his quiet demeanor. A man can only take so much before he breaks.
Due to his recent jailtime James is somewhat malnourished, and while he managed to maintain most of his former strength he's still not at 100%.
(Probably others that I'm bad at thinking of/writing)

Recent History:
James' imprisonment was somewhat recent, having only been thrown in jail a little over two months ago. He was incarcerated for "murdering" his superior officer, despite having bested him in a proper duel with several witnesses. Considering the political climate and the type of prison he's in he's been reluctant to share any further information so far.

Misc:
Interestingly, James has a completely undeveloped, and possibly undiscovered, magical affinity.

Phaing
Master

#183 Post by Phaing »

Hi, and welcome again!

It all looks fine to me, a regular veteran of hard times and all that. But does he have any interests outside of Soldiering?
I didn't think of that ealier, and it isn't very important at the current time, but it may come up later on.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#184 Post by Lief »

Yeah, he has more interests than just soldiering of course. The only one that's on the sheet is singing, though.

EDIT: Regarding that, I'm a poor songwriter and will be shamelessly stealing from video games and other things.

Phaing
Master

#185 Post by Phaing »

Sorry guys, this was another busy week when it should not have been. I tried to answer the thread three times this week and my muse is just knackered.

The good news is next week is the last one they can possibly mess with me, and after the 15th I'm FREE.
Whew...

I will get something done within about 48 hours and then it's all gonna be smooth sailing. Sorry I kept you in suspense for so damn long.

... I'd also like to know why this site keeps logging me out every goddamn day now. I can't tell you how many times I have stopped by and seen nothing under Notifications. :evil:
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#186 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Forgot to mention that I'm on my biyearly vacation. Spending a lot of time with my family so my replies may be delayed for a couple weeks, but i will definitely try to post when i can.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#187 Post by The Rookie »

Sorry, I know I try to get something up ASAP most of the time, but this has been a hectic week with assignments, weird work hours and needing to prep for house inspections.

I'll try to have something up tomorrow...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#188 Post by Lief »

It's been pretty hectic here, too, with two family members in the hospital. Also I critically failed my perception roll and only now noticed that a post had been made. Whoops.

I'll try to have something up soon, but I don't want to make any promises.

Phaing
Master

#189 Post by Phaing »

Okay.... serves me right for putting a deadline on this.
That was a doozy of a post, too.

Well, whenever you guys feel up to it, I'll be checking back.

I keep forgetting that the lazy days of summer don't exactly work the same all over the world. :wink:

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#190 Post by The Rookie »

Sorry about all this.

I should be back to my regular response time from now on. :potatoes:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#191 Post by Lief »

There be a post. Not sure if that's better or worse than my last few. But it's there.

And yes, James is swearing in Basitin. Wanted to use scheiße, but I don't know what kind of place German has in the world of Twokinds.

Yuu Xeno

#192 Post by Yuu Xeno »

Hello all!

I was just curious about if you had an open slot. I noticed a couple people already asking to join, and I don't want to cut in line, if you will. So, if there's ever an open spot, I would like to try and join, if that's okay of course!
Like a trance, I move with your voice,
Under chants of horror around me.
And I think to myself what a life.
Why be here if I'm going to die.

Phaing
Master

#193 Post by Phaing »

Yuu Xeno wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:57 am Hello all!

I was just curious about if you had an open slot. I noticed a couple people already asking to join, and I don't want to cut in line, if you will. So, if there's ever an open spot, I would like to try and join, if that's okay of course!
HI, looks like I better stop by more often!

Well, we are about to have a huge battle with killer birds, and its in the middle of a Prison complex. So, at the moment, you can join as a prisoner or wait until we (hopefully) bust out of there.
What are your ideas for a character?

-George Bernard Shaw

Yuu Xeno

#194 Post by Yuu Xeno »

Well, I don't have a legit sheet for my character, but if you give a sheet you would prefer, I could just fill it in the best I can. Believe me, I have him fleshed out though(kinda).

Also, I don't have an actual picture of him, so would it be alright if I used a picture I usually use from the internet for him?
Like a trance, I move with your voice,
Under chants of horror around me.
And I think to myself what a life.
Why be here if I'm going to die.

Phaing
Master

#195 Post by Phaing »

Yuu Xeno wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:33 am Well, I don't have a legit sheet for my character,
Don't worry about it!
Not really that kind of game.
Yuu Xeno wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:33 amAlso, I don't have an actual picture of him, so would it be alright if I used a picture I usually use from the internet for him?
Sure, why not?

Since you have been reading the thread, how do you like it so far?
We just got into a battle, so your intro is going to be a wild one. But as they say, the bonds forged on combat can be strong ones.

-George Bernard Shaw