4 us Daily Beasts

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Dynaphus

Re: 4 us Daily Beasts

#121 Post by Dynaphus »

I can't go totally daily all the time. I may have to drop my answers down to every other day. With 3 players it is getting complicated.
I was afraid that'd be the case. Were you still entertaining the idea of that 4th person joining? Because I'm starting to think it'd be a bit too much...
I get the feeling that now would be a bad time to show an interest in potentially joining eh? xD

Phaing
Master

#122 Post by Phaing »

Dynaphus wrote:I get the feeling that now would be a bad time to show an interest in potentially joining eh? xD
I hear that about 25 people are following this thread, which is a pretty amazing compliment if you ask me! :D

However... yeah, it was supposed to be a daily thing, and the more people we add the longer the delay gets. However, that is balanced out by the fact that all three players are still with us and we have a pretty comfortable rhythm going.

I dunno... what sort of Char would you want to bring in? We don't need another male human or female Kiedran, got two of each of those already.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#123 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:I'm starting to get confused myself at this point...
Well now, I'm real confused. Am I supposed to be responding to Annaria, the maid or both?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#124 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:I'm starting to get confused myself at this point...
Well now, I'm real confused. Am I supposed to be responding to Annaria, the maid or both?
Both, I guess, Maid first but you really don't have to. I was just sending her on her way to get some Milk.
Not what Sylvi is looking for, but it is all you are likely to get. ;)
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

coolbreeze88

#125 Post by coolbreeze88 »

Phaing wrote:
Dynaphus wrote:I get the feeling that now would be a bad time to show an interest in potentially joining eh? xD
I hear that about 25 people are following this thread, which is a pretty amazing compliment if you ask me! :D

However... yeah, it was supposed to be a daily thing, and the more people we add the longer the delay gets. However, that is balanced out by the fact that all three players are still with us and we have a pretty comfortable rhythm going.

I dunno... what sort of Char would you want to bring in? We don't need another male human or female Kiedran, got two of each of those already.
hey there. a lot of people tell me forums are a dying medium but I was honestly surprised at the amount of traffic this RP thread is getting.

so you say this rp needs more male kiedrans.. lucky me.... I was planning to have my OC be a male kiedran.

alright.. pardon to sloppiness, I'm whipping him up on the fly and feel free to note me if you don't mind dropping in. I love RP's.

Name: Yewl
Species: Keidran
Race: Coyote

Appearance: (Image if applicable)
• Height: 6, 0’

• Fur: brown and earthy.

• Hair: brown

• Eyes: a piercing yellow.

Wardrobe:

although his desert tribe in the southern reaches of the continent are comfortable with staying nude, but in an attempt to blend in, he stole a wardrobe off a traveling human merchant.

he wears a cloak with hood to hide his face, a plain black long-sleeved shirt, a tan leather belt, khaki trousers that are tucked into his leather riding boots with the front part cut out to give his clawed toes some room.

Personality:

in simple DnD terms. Yewl is a chaotic good type and as such it really doesn't matter to him how many rules he breaks or how much of a bounty or infamy he racks up, all that matters to him is settling the score with mankind and eventually rescuing his parents.

fairly extroverted and straightforward, he doesn't like to tiptoe around controversial issues or topics and tends to charge headlong into trouble as a result.

Yewl is also shown to be fairly short tempered and doesn't exactly know how to keep his cool when something comes up that pisses him off and instead gets confrontational and vindictive when angered so don't be surprised if he beats the crap out of you for making an off hand comment or insult his values.

but when calm, Yewl is shown to be fair and sound in judgment, albeit he shows absolute animosity and distain towards humans, especially after they sold his parents into slavery. but he's willing to get along with one if they aren't there to kill or capture him, although he's yet to see one.

Weaknesses:

0 Impuslive, REALLY IMPULSIVE
0 Short tempered, he's always looking for trouble

Skills:

as is the tradition of his tribe, he is skilled in both the bow and arrow and tomahawk throwing, as well as excellent experience in tracking and a completely merciless and dirty fighting style if things get that desperate (he is willing to use his teeth to tear out someone's throat for example). albeit while he's not the most avid warrior in his tribe, his inner rage and the determination to save his parents is what drives him to always get stronger and overcome any challenge.

Phaing
Master

#126 Post by Phaing »

coolbreeze88 wrote: hey there. a lot of people tell me forums are a dying medium but I was honestly surprised at the amount of traffic this RP thread is getting.
I wonder why I only get PMs from people I already know, then...

Thanks for the interest, lets hear what the players have to say. One problem is that having 3 players knocked us back from "Daily" to more like weekly, so I am about to do something drastic and tell everyone that they don't have to wait for everyone else anymore.
Its that slow now.

So give us a few days and I'll get back to you.

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#127 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote:
coolbreeze88 wrote: hey there. a lot of people tell me forums are a dying medium but I was honestly surprised at the amount of traffic this RP thread is getting.
I wonder why I only get PMs from people I already know, then...

Thanks for the interest, lets hear what the players have to say. One problem is that having 3 players knocked us back from "Daily" to more like weekly, so I am about to do something drastic and tell everyone that they don't have to wait for everyone else anymore.
Its that slow now.

So give us a few days and I'll get back to you.
I wouldn't mind another person, the only problem I have is the Coyote part. We've mostly stuck with TK lore, other than the addition of Otter Keidran for antagonists, but if Phaing says it's alright (since they're the GM) then it will be fine by me.

Phaing
Master

#128 Post by Phaing »

DarkTheImmortal wrote: I wouldn't mind another person, the only problem I have is the Coyote part. We've mostly stuck with TK lore, other than the addition of Otter Keidran for antagonists, but if Phaing says it's alright (since they're the GM) then it will be fine by me.
Whoops!
I just sent a PM that is now only half-true to him.... let me take care of the rest of this via PMs.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#129 Post by The Rookie »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:I wouldn't mind another person, the only problem I have is the Coyote part. We've mostly stuck with TK lore, other than the addition of Otter Keidran for antagonists, but if Phaing says it's alright (since they're the GM) then it will be fine by me.
Personally, I'm not so worried about the specifics of the sub species of canine/feline. Even though the world is largely divided into Wolf, Fox and Tiger Territories each has sub provinces that allow for a variety of species to still exist within the borders. Take lions, cheaters, leopards, stilt foxes (Maned wolves) and dogs for example example.

My main concern is attitude, and motivation.

Attitude, because it's generally a bad idea to start picking fights with the other characters.

Motivation, because we're actively trying to escape Templar/Human lands while he's wanting to search deeper into those provinces to find his family.

coolbreeze88

#130 Post by coolbreeze88 »

The Rookie wrote:
DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Motivation, because we're actively trying to escape Templar/Human lands while he's wanting to search deeper into those provinces to find his family.
Conflict of interest does make for good drama.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#131 Post by The Rookie »

coolbreeze88 wrote:Conflict of interest does make for good drama.
True, however this is a rather dividing conflict of interest. Literally none of the current roster want anything to do with human lands, so if you were to try and force them in that direction you'd almost be certain to be doing it alone. Currently the group is in the North Eastern most corner of the human empire's reach, so heading back south now would be a rather unnecessary risk for them.

That's probably the only thing that I'd suggest rethinking though.

coolbreeze88

#132 Post by coolbreeze88 »

The Rookie wrote:
coolbreeze88 wrote:Conflict of interest does make for good drama.
True, however this is a rather dividing conflict of interest. Literally none of the current roster want anything to do with human lands, so if you were to try and force them in that direction you'd almost be certain to be doing it alone. Currently the group is in the North Eastern most corner of the human empire's reach, so heading back south now would be a rather unnecessary risk for them.

That's probably the only thing that I'd suggest rethinking though.
fine. ill just make a second OC then. Fox keidran perhaps. I don't know. depends what the GM thinks.

Phaing
Master

#133 Post by Phaing »

Hi!
Okay, I'm having some health issues at the moment, actually for most of the winter. I will be spending much of my week off in the hospital (Sat, Mon & Tuesday and maybe Wed. too) so things are going to slow down for a little while.
Don't worry, its an inconvenience, not an emergency.
coolbreeze88 wrote: fine. ill just make a second OC then. Fox keidran perhaps. I don't know. depends what the GM thinks.
Hey, sorry about that.... and thanks for taking up the slack, Rookie, but I do need to do this.

We have 3 Humans and 2 Keidran, so we really need another Keidran, or even a Bastian... but I would enjoy seeing a Western one instead of the uptight kind.

Personalities; we have 3 "A" types and a couple of more laid back ones.

Types; on the surface, we have a warrior, a healer/fighter and a wizard... but not really. Its more like a Ninja and a Jane of all Trades and a Scholar that knows some good tricks. We also have a Thefty Fox that is too young to be terribly skilled by small enough to slip through the cracks... perhaps even literally. And we have the willful yet (thankfully) intelligent princess with an understandably limited skill-set.

What we don't have is a Ranger-ish sort, or anyone that has been to the area we are going to be spending the next few months slogging across, in winter.
In fact, I could use some help making up details about what lies ahead, if you would like to play with that. Or not, but lets think in terms of-

Standard Keidran, but of any sort, or Bast., and you don't have to go too deep into backstory. Just a rich Char Personality that breathes like you do. Meaning ... something natural for you to play.
That's really all, you can modify the one above if you like.... just nix the temperament. You don't have to be a wild-man to be believable as a fellow that lives in the wilds. :wink:

And, its late and I have to get posting on my thread, chat you later!

-George Bernard Shaw

Dynaphus

#134 Post by Dynaphus »

Apologies for the delay, I'll admit part of my rather relaxed timing was down to a perhaps erroneous belief that, even if threw up a character over night, odds are it'd be a while before they'd be able to be introduced and for everything to get underway. However, I have spent the time mulling over the character I'd been toying with since first I'd showed an interest, and...
What we don't have is a Ranger-ish sort
I might be able to help out. I'd been toying with the idea of essentially a survivor from a group of bandits or border clan, the idea I'd had in mind is that, as with most Empires, a fair chunk of humans who weren't fond of the current regime would either have to hold their tongue, or, alternatively, set up around the border. In essence 'uncivilized' wild folk. We've not directly seen anything like that in canon yet, but I reckon it's a logical assumption, although I'll submit to group opinion on that.

Far as I figure it, human female, mostly a survivalist (she'd have had to rough it alone for a fair while), and, given their distance from the Empire's heartlands, far less likely to concern themselves with racial policies over simply survival, so odds would be fairly good she'd know the landscape.

Sorry if it all sounds a touch rambling, I'm more or less typing some of this as it comes to me.

Phaing
Master

#135 Post by Phaing »

Okay, I am aback and everything is fine at my end.

Now it seems as if I would have to say okay to two new players at the same time... which would make 5 players, plus my 2 NPCs and everything else going on outside the group.
I just don't know if I can do all that.

Would anyone be interested in helping me run this thing?

-George Bernard Shaw