4 us Daily Beasts

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

Re: 4 us Daily Beasts

#136 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I would love to help overall, but maybe not help run the thing. Never ran or helped run an RP so I don't exactly know what to do, but I certainly don't want you to overdo yourself.

#137 Post by 2561642 »

Exams start next week and I've got a packed schedule ahead of me. I'll try to update at some point in the next 24 hours or so, but after that things might get iffy.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#138 Post by The Rookie »

Sorry for all the delays on my part. I just haven't really been feeling up for playing Sylvi for the last couple of days. While she's my favourite character, it's been sort of hard for me to enjoy writing anything for her.

I'm sure it'll start to come back once we get back to moving at a regular pace again. Just sorry in advance for smaller post that mightn't really lead anywhere for the immediate future... :potatoes:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

#139 Post by 2561642 »

I LIVE

Also, there seems to be some confusion here.
Phaing wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:46 am
2561642 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:13 am the gauntlets and blade have both reached 1600 degrees Celsius,
Um, no, they didn't.
That would be hot enough to flash-fry the entire building. I'll give you not enough to glow bright and melt or things that com in contact with it, but lets not go nuts here.
1600 degrees Celsius is a very specific temperature that I chose when building the character (it's in the character sheet for Tycho earlier in the thread). It's based on the physical properties of iron, as shown in this phase diagram:

Anything above the highest red line is liquid. As you can see, at 0% carbon content (pig iron, for instance), iron only reliably melts at 1538 degrees Celsius. Now there is some wiggle room in that number because it's difficult to accurately determine when the substance has completely liquified, so I bumped it up to 1600 to get a nice round number and avoid that wiggle room cleanly.

If this temperature is still a problem I have no problem changing it, but I really wish you'd said something about it sooner.

Phaing
Master

#140 Post by Phaing »

2561642 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 3:20 am I LIVE

If this temperature is still a problem I have no problem changing it, but I really wish you'd said something about it sooner.
I know, I thought I was reading a temp if Fahrenheit, and then I read 1600 C and I thought that meant about 8,000 deg. F.... but its less than 3.000.
Still, that is mega-hot, hotter than a lava flow and people can't get too close to those.

But you know what? It does not matter. This is a Fantasy world, we'll just make sommething work.
The game stopped, how about a post so we can keep it going?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

#141 Post by 2561642 »

Phaing wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 4:34 am
2561642 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 3:20 am I LIVE

I know, I thought I was reading a temp if Fahrenheit, and then I read 1600 C and I thought that meant about 8,000 deg. F.... but its less than 3.000.
Still, that is mega-hot, hotter than a lava flow and people can't get too close to those.

But you know what? It does not matter. This is a Fantasy world, we'll just make sommething work.
The game stopped, how about a post so we can keep it going?
Sorry, didn't get a chance to check this yesterday. Also, I forgot to mention that the character sheet for Tycho also says that his gauntlets don't heat the air (which is definitely a fantasy-world, suspension-of-disbelief kind of thing - but it isn't like oven gloves aren't that themselves :roll: ). I'm writing up a new post for the main thread now, should have it up soon.

#142 Post by 2561642 »

I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I've obviously not been doing it daily for quite some time. Posting here's been like a chore for me for months at this point.
Phaing wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 7:05 am And sets his clothes on fire.
Just to clarify, who's on fire here?

Phaing
Master

#143 Post by Phaing »

2561642 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 12:56 am
Just to clarify, who's on fire here?
Only the bad guys.
Unless you want to stick around :mrgrin:
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#144 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 4:28 am /// folks, this mont went from bad to worse and I am so busy I am also getting sick, so I have to give myself a break and take a week off. I really need this, I will PM you when I can take this up again//
Hope things get better and get well soon

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#145 Post by The Rookie »

Sorry, I hadn't noticed you were waiting on me! I swear I'll have something up tomorrow. Sorry sorry sorry!

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#146 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Just letting you know I'm going to wait a day or two more for 256 to post before I do.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#147 Post by The Rookie »

Anyone heard from Tycho?

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#148 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Well there is this
2561642 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 12:56 am I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I've obviously not been doing it daily for quite some time. Posting here's been like a chore for me for months at this point.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#149 Post by The Rookie »

Right... I'll give him until tomorrow afternoon before I put something up. I really don't want leave him behind...

#150 Post by 2561642 »

I didn't check this for a while, and I used one of my spam catcher emails to sign up here, so I don't get any outside notifications. Couldn't sleep because I had a hunch I needed to check here again, and, well, here I am.

I'm sorry guys. I truly am. To think I started this as a little creative writing practice. A bit silly, given my quality, I know. Even more silly to realize that some (nearly all) of my posts took me over an hour to write, rewrite, and tweak before I was willing to post them.

And what you guys got out of it, looking back, was some hot garbage. Tycho is a poorly designed character and he's played poorly. To my credit, I adhered almost dogmatically to the rules i set for him, convoluted though they may be. That's probably the only thing I did well.

I've become almost entirely disconnected from the world of TwoKinds since I started posting here - I don't even remember the last time I looked at the comic. Given Tycho's unorthodox design in relation to what I know about TwoKinds, I wasn't very connected to it from the beginning.

I've lost so much sleep to this RP... and it's got nothing to do with any of you, you're all wonderful people, and I'm goddamn lucky I got to RP with you. It's most certainly my problem (as I sit here, chuckling to myself about losing even more sleep because I can't and won't sleep until this post is complete - feels all too familiar).

What I've given you is far less than what you deserve, and far worse than the amount of effort I put into it would have made it if I was any good at this. And I haven't even mentioned the delays I've caused you. Many, many times, I've read posts, tried and failed to write an update, and just gone to bed frustrated. Creating decent responses would nag at me daily, until at some point I just gave in and hit 'submit'. And the worst part is, none of it was even close to good enough to justify the wait.

There's a part of me that wants to see this through. That wants to keep going and find out how this story ends. But the rest of me knows that I'm not good enough at this to be happy with what I post, and that every time I hit 'submit' will be an ordeal, and that I'll just keep making you all wait for me to post my drivel so you can all move forward. I can't thank you enough for putting up with that as long as you have.

So this is probably goodbye. I'll check up on this thread for the next few days, and probably respond if you do, but after that I'm almost certainly never coming back. There's no :tearfulgoodbye: emoji, so I'll leave you with this:

:heart:

P.S.: Thanks for indulging me with the submarine :P