4 us Daily Beasts

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: 4 us Daily Beasts

#106 Post by Phaing »

Well, in a month this RP will be a year old, but we are also closing on on 1,000 posts.
Shall we start a betting pool on which will come first?

Or maybe not, I don't want anyone just firing posts out there, I like the pace we have going as it is. :D

Just wanted to say this feels pretty awesome and kudos to everyone, especially Rookie!

HAPPY NEW YEAR :heart:
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#107 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Well, in a month this RP will be a year old, but we are also closing on on 1,000 posts.

Or maybe not, I don't want anyone just firing posts out there, I like the pace we have going as it is. :D
You know me, I'll respond damn near as soon as I see there's an update. So my money would be on 1000 post :roll:

Phaing wrote:Just wanted to say this feels pretty awesome and kudos to everyone, especially Rookie!

HAPPY NEW YEAR :heart:
D'awww, thanks for making this all possible Phaing! It's been a blast! :grin:

Here's to another year of our collective nonsense S:P
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#108 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:Well, in a month this RP will be a year old, but we are also closing on on 1,000 posts.

You know me, I'll respond damn near as soon as I see there's an update. So my money would be on 1000 post :roll:
I'm kind of the same way, though I try to give 256 a chance to post, if he's going to.

I think we'll reach 1000 first, and I hope this goes on for another year, I'm having fun.

#109 Post by 2561642 »

sometimes

sometimes i forget to check :oops:

That said, I've gotten myself kind of... stuck. I don't know when you want Tycho to be done working, and I already took some... creative liberties with the Catalogue just so he could walk around. I've already implied that he's close to being done, so if it's alright with you i'd like to wrap it up there. He can store the enchantment in the Cataluge and apply it when the woodworking is done, if it isn't already.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#110 Post by The Rookie »

2561642 wrote:I've already implied that he's close to being done, so if it's alright with you i'd like to wrap it up there. He can store the enchantment in the Cataluge and apply it when the woodworking is done, if it isn't already.
Wait, hold on a tick. I thought you were currently in the main room. Right now, Sylvi and Raimius are hurrying to get ready to speak with you.

Phaing
Master

#111 Post by Phaing »

A couple of things-

I can't go totally daily all the time. I may have to drop my answers down to every other day. With 3 players it is getting complicated.

And I can skip forward and any time you guys agree on it. What I would hate to do most of all is fast-forward when you guys have more exposition you want to do. Once we get to Sarn things are likely to move quickly again, and I don't want to move the spotlight until you are all ready for it.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#112 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:I can't go totally daily all the time. I may have to drop my answers down to every other day. With 3 players it is getting complicated.
I was afraid that'd be the case. Were you still entertaining the idea of that 4th person joining? Because I'm starting to think it'd be a bit too much...
Phaing wrote:And I can skip forward and any time you guys agree on it. What I would hate to do most of all is fast-forward when you guys have more exposition you want to do. Once we get to Sarn things are likely to move quickly again, and I don't want to move the spotlight until you are all ready for it.
I haven't got anything else with Sylvi at the moment, but I'd like a chance at a full meeting to discuss Sarn with everyone else. Sort of bring everyone up to speed on the Templar, what we could do to hide better in plain sight, and so on.

I'm still in favour of dividing the group into a new set up of Sylvi and Tycho/ Rita and Ana/ Raimius and which ever NPCs wish to follow. It'd mean Phaing wouldn't have to keep track of about 3 characters off the bat, and in game the group's description of "A man travelling with a young girl and a female snow wolf" would make them stand out less to the local guard or Templar if they're searching for them.

EDIT: Sorry, avoiding double posting.
2561642 wrote:[[I'll be perfectly honest, now I'm somewhat confused. I had Tycho returning to the same place where he was working on his enchantment (which I assumed was near the workers as they put the two ships together). I think he's still there, but if the current conversation requires him to not be, it can be arranged. That said, I think we can just say that both Sylvi and Raimius are within earshot of Tycho at the moment.]]
Right, so from my understanding, Tycho was brought back into the main officer's common area that adjoins the rooms the cast are currently staying in when looking for someone else at the time.
Phaing wrote:It may be tough to have that conversation just now, you made that announcement to an empty room. Tycho really needs to stop walking around with his nose in that book...
However, from behind a closed door you hear a groan, and Raimius's voice; "Arrrgh... we'll be out in a moment!"
And then, after some hushed conversation behind that door; "Well, maybe he should come in here then?"
The Rookie wrote:"What?! No! Tycho, please just give us a mom-", a brief moment of hushed muttering is heard again. "I don't care if they're covered in fur! I'm no-" *Mutter mutter.* "No, you taking your shirt off too won't change my mind... What's wrong with you?" *Muffed laughter*
At the time Sylvi and Raimius were in their own room, while Rita and Ana where in their's. Raimius responded through the door as he and Sylvi were in the middle of something...

Sylvi, afraid that Tycho may come in at any moment, has been making herself presentable, but hadn't opened the door yet.

Mean while Rita and Ana have been observing Tycho from their own door way, but I don't recall the level of interaction aside from when they shout out "Tycho's log!"

Anyway, I guess the fact that Raimius and Tycho are interacting now means that everything has been sorted and that Tycho has entered the room without Sylvi uttering a word. Which, given his current attitude towards her, makes sense.

#113 Post by 2561642 »

Sorry everyone, college is making regular updates difficult for me. I don't have enough time to write a decent post until this weekend, I'm afraid. I'm sorry for making you wait.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#114 Post by The Rookie »

Actually, I've some news of my own

I'll be moving this weekend and our new house might not got get Internet for a few weeks.

I still have mobile data, but I probably won't be as active for a while...

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#115 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

2561642 wrote:Sorry everyone, college is making regular updates difficult for me. I don't have enough time to write a decent post until this weekend, I'm afraid. I'm sorry for making you wait.
I'm at college too. I think I can hold on though, but everyone can take as much time as they need.

I'm a very patient person.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#116 Post by The Rookie »

For those who mightn't have been following Kia's art threads, the piece I commisioned finally came through :grin:

Phaing
Master

#117 Post by Phaing »

WOW!
The Rookie wrote:For those who mightn't have been following Kia's art threads, the piece I commisioned finally came through :grin:

Indeed it is.... okay, if KB ever wants to jump into our game, I will find a way to make it work... that was pretty damned awesome. :D :mrgreen: :heart:

And he even put everyone in there, they all make it? Well, that's a level of optimism that I can respect, but no promises, okay?

((I put too many words in there, didn't I?))

-George Bernard Shaw

#118 Post by 2561642 »

The Rookie wrote:For those who mightn't have been following Kia's art threads, the piece I commisioned finally came through :grin:

I should really check this thread more often. That looks absolutely fantastic!

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#119 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

It's amazing.

Also, sorry for the little hold up. Been pre-occupied lately, will try to get my post some time purring this weekend.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time

#120 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Phaing wrote://I am going to be out of town, maybe until Sunday, so I have to do this now, sorry Dark//
Don't worry about it. Been very busy with school lately and had little time to think about my next post. I actually appreciate you moving it along.