4 us Daily Beasts

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

TheLoreiConstruct00

Re: 4 us Daily Beasts

#31 Post by TheLoreiConstruct00 »

Kind of threw this together today. Had a real busy and long day at work today so I didn't have much time.

I left the kingdom behind six years ago. My home, my family, my happy little childhood, what few friends I had. Everything. What they say is true, fate can be cruel even to good men. I didn’t grow up dreaming of becoming a mercenary. I never danced around the house practice sword in hand fighting off imaginary bandits. I wanted to help people, to help the people I grew up with. Now any chance of that has gone and all I can do is run. Run and hope no one who knows my face runs into me.

I can’t ever go back to my home, my shame runs too deep. I would rather die than face my family. After what I have done, how could I look my mother in the eye? My sisters? Better they think I’m never coming back, or perhaps even better, that I am dead. It would certainly save them the horror of the truth. And save me the horror of telling them for I could never live hiding such a secret while lying to their faces.

It’s not hard to find a way north, not when you carry a sword and can look tough. Some traveling merchant, or scholar, or what have you will pay you to watch him and wagon lurch through the mud to the next town whether or not you’re actually what you say you are. Then you just have to wait until the next traveler happens along wanting protection in the right direction. It can be slow going, with mostly dull and dreary miles of road between you and the next warm bed. But it’ll take you north. Away from the kingdom. To the north are sparsely populated villages and settlements that might welcome a man such as myself, beyond them lies snow wolves‘ territory. I don’t know how far I’ll go, but I’ll go as far as I have to.

You see a lot working as muscle for hire on the open road. Every once in awhile you get an eccentric customer, some wealthy merchant who thinks, for whatever reason, that someone is out to get them. This last one was intensely paranoid, paid me double to switch rooms with him and sleep in his bed at the inn when we arrived in town. Crazy old [censored].

At least I’m finally away from the kingdom, away from the damned Templars, away from the past. I’ve never had a reason to believe in second chances, now I just have to convince myself that I can start over. A little gold and silver in the pocket, a sword by my side, a shield on my back, things could be worse.

Phaing
Master

#32 Post by Phaing »

TheLoreiConstruct00 wrote:Kind of threw this together today. Had a real busy and long day at work today so I didn't have much time....
Um, wow.
I gotta say, your rush job makes a lot of my own prepared stuff look tame. Serious kudos for doing it in the 1st person, that's something I don't see very often.
No need to go too deep into whatever it was that drove him out, and we are not starting for a week or two anyway. But if.when you do come up with something, could you bounce it off me first? Once we do get started I will need a heads-up on anything like that.

And, that reminds me, I have a boogey-man for those familiar with the Templars. This might even figure in the game later on, or maybe not.
The Exorcist;
This fellow exists mainly in the form of a Rumor. Loyal to the Royals family alone, he/it exists as a check on the possibility (now a fact) of any overly-ambitious Templars... or the whole lot of them. Assassin, or Paladin, what sets the man known as the Exorcist apart are two things; an abnormal capacity for violence, and the fact that he is a walking Dead-Zone. Not simply the Basitian inability to use magic or be helped by it, including healing, this is something else. No effect of magic touches him, and if he is within 3 paces of a mana stone or an artifact, it ceases to function for as long as he is in the area. Illusion or even shape-shifting cannot hide the truth from him.
This is all just rumor of course. If he actually existed, things might be happening differently down south.

It should be pretty easy to get these two together, but the likely season for this to kick off might be a problem for Ardis. In summer, the tundra is much and covered with clouds of mosquitos. Spring is called "the Mud", and fall is sweet but brief.
Winter is harsh and long, but it does have its advantages. Skiis or snowshoes make travel much quicker and easier. Frozen Lakes and Rivers become the best roadways in the world, and you may even see wind-powered skate-carts moving about at incredible speeds.

However, the plate-armor that I imagine Ardis would be wearing would literally suck the life right out of him. The same goes for the hobnailed boots favored by souther soldiers.
If he does not have that sort of gear, we can by-pass that.
If we start in Fall (my preference) he could meet a certain Lupusand just in time to give him some good advice.
Or, we can go straight to winter, and assume that he has already sold his 600$ suit of iron in exchange for something more practical.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#33 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:The Exorcist
*Remembers my character is very magic reliant* Eeep...

Speaking of which, I've had a bit of time to think of what other 6 spells I'd like to use. Given that she's a Snow Wolf, I seem to have gone with a cryomancer approach to her kit.

1. Close wounds. The healing ability already mentioned. Used to close open wounds, like cuts and stabs. However it's only mildly effective at sealing lost appendages, and useless against internal wounds

2. Summon familiar. Sylvi is able to summon a spiritual stag, made from shards of ice. Sven (Yes, it's a reference) is able to protect Sylvi in combat, however he's more often used to help act as a mode of transport or carrying equipment. Despite being a magical construct, Sven is actually capable of remembering events that occur during his previous summonings, allowing him and Sylvi to have formed a close bond over the years.

Sven is susceptible to all manner of damage, and can be easily shattered from one heavy hit. (I'll leave just how long he can remain summoned up to you, Phaing, but I was thinking maybe a few days at a time. The other thing was would it be too 'over powered' if Sylvi was able to regain a mana point if she willingly dispelled Sven, but lose it if Sven was destroyed)

3. Cone of cold. Like the name suggest, Sylvi fires a considerated cone of microscopic ice partials at her foes, blinding and slowing them.

4. Sheet of ice. Sylvi is capable of encasing the ground around her in a thick layer of ice, used to trap foes. While this ability has combat effectiveness, Sylvi is also capable of using it to summon make shift bridges across gaps and rivers. Destroying them after in the even they're being followed.

5. Ice wall. Sylvi summons a wall of ice as a defence against ranged attacks. The wall is immobile, so she's only safe if she stays put.

6. Winter's bite. Sylvi's primary ranged offensive spell. Sylvi summons a spiked projectile similar to that of a mace that is hurled toward her opponents with great speed. It doesn't do much damage to armour, but it'll certainly knock the wind out of them.

7. Resist cold. This one is more a survival spell. Sylvi creates a dome capable of reflecting the effects of the cold. This includes rain, hail, snow, blizzards. In dire situations it may be used as a last resort against avalanches or frost wielding mages.

So yeah, are these acceptable?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#34 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:

That was for Ardis & his store of lore. If Sylvi ever meets him (if he really exists) then he would be the most likely Human to known what your Spear is, and the least likely to care, even if it is a world-class weapon in it's own right.

Speaking of which, I've had a bit of time to think of what other 6 spells I'd like to use. Given that she's a Snow Wolf, I seem to have gone with a cryomancer approach to her kit.

1. Close wounds. The healing ability already mentioned. Used to close open wounds, like cuts and stabs. However it's only mildly effective at sealing lost appendages, and useless against internal wounds

Sounds wrong to me, she can already do that. Are you looking to save crystals? If so, okay, but keep the restriction in mind as it seems to be a ranged Healing spell.... which is fascinating in itself.

2. Summon familiar. Sylvi is able to summon a spiritual stag, made from shards of ice. Sven (Yes, it's a reference) is able to protect Sylvi in combat, however he's more often used to help act as a mode of transport or carrying equipment. Despite being a magical construct, Sven is actually capable of remembering events that occur during his previous summonings, allowing him and Sylvi to have formed a close bond over the years.

Sven is susceptible to all manner of damage, and can be easily shattered from one heavy hit. (I'll leave just how long he can remain summoned up to you, Phaing, but I was thinking maybe a few days at a time. The other thing was would it be too 'over powered' if Sylvi was able to regain a mana point if she willingly dispelled Sven, but lose it if Sven was destroyed)

Ah, very nice.
Duration will be RANDOM. Sven has a habit of wandering off (vanishing) without saying goodbye. Sometimes it seems like his way of playing a joke, sometimes he leaves you with a philosophical question to ponder, and sometimes he can't recall his last visit to you.
Yeah, I'm gonna have some fun with this one.

3. Cone of cold. Like the name suggest, Sylvi fires a considerated cone of microscopic ice partials at her foes, blinding and slowing them.

Good, short range like a shotgun.

4. Sheet of ice. Sylvi is capable of encasing the ground around her in a thick layer of ice, used to trap foes. While this ability has combat effectiveness, Sylvi is also capable of using it to summon make shift bridges across gaps and rivers. Destroying them after in the even they're being followed.

Lets keep it down to the size of the floor of a small room, triple that if you are just trying to make things slick.

5. Ice wall. Sylvi summons a wall of ice as a defence against ranged attacks. The wall is immobile, so she's only safe if she stays put.

Check, and flat-faced only, no curves due to the alignment of ice crystals.

6. Winter's bite. Sylvi's primary ranged offensive spell. Sylvi summons a spiked projectile similar to that of a mace that is hurled toward her opponents with great speed. It doesn't do much damage to armour, but it'll certainly knock the wind out of them.

Check

7. Resist cold. This one is more a survival spell. Sylvi creates a dome capable of reflecting the effects of the cold. This includes rain, hail, snow, blizzards. In dire situations it may be used as a last resort against avalanches or frost wielding mages.

So yeah, are these acceptable?
Like a transparent Igloo? I like it. But the Diameter won't be much more than her height.

Now, I said 12 per month, and we have to keep track of that (beads on the handle?). After that, your not going to break it or anything, but things start to get wonky. Spells may fizzle, you might set your own hair on fire, or you might get the attention of some random critter with an atmospheric flare that can be seen from 5 miles away. Or... something else.
Maybe this thing was meant to defend a fixed location, rather than go adventuring with?
Still, a fabulous item, and maybe a reason to leave lands patrolled by the Snow Wolf Royals lest they recognize it... ?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

TheLoreiConstruct00

#35 Post by TheLoreiConstruct00 »

Had a little bit more time today to do some more character lore.

I’m not sure if the ramshackle village actually had a name, a real name, I’m sure the villagers called it something but I doubted it would be on any maps. The perfect place for me to start my life over. At least, it would have been if anyone would bother speaking with me.

The first person I tried to speak to, an old, tired looking man, looked me up and down, scoffed under his breath, and meandered off without so much as a glance over his shoulder. I was too stunned to react. The hell does a country bumpkin from some scraggly, run-down village have against a southerner? As it turns out, it wasn’t just the old man. Not a single villager I met that afternoon would give me more than a monosyllabic response.

Only a traveling fur trader, by the name of Olivia Brackwater, would so much as acknowledge me. “Don’t give it too much thought, friend,” she told me sitting outside the local inn, “these people have their own way of doing things and you’re just getting in the way of that.”

I raised an eyebrow at that, “And how is inquiring about work as a swordsman or guard getting in these peoples’ way?”

Olivia just shrugged, “You aren’t one of them. You’re just another southerner come to escape your dark past, or at least that’s what most of them think.” She glanced at me, and my weapons and armor, out of the corner of her eye, “I won’t judge you one way or the other, but these people have had to deal with criminals and brigands that run north to escape the King’s justice.”

I didn’t respond.

For a moment longer, Olivia’s eye lingered on me before she reached into her pack which lay at her feet and produced two brown glass bottles. She handed one to me and kept the other. I noticed the wax seal of Lake Mead Brewery and raised an eyebrow appreciatively. Lake Mead Brewery was a staple of southern drinking, to find it so far north was unexpected.

“Before you think about breaking that seal, I want you to answer one question.” Olivia didn’t give me the chance to turn her down, she barreled right on, “If you were running from something down south, is there any chance that it could follow you back here? Could your past suddenly show up, somehow, someday?” She paused for just a moment, “That’s why these people don’t want you here. They know your type. And so do I.”

She turned so we were both facing each other, her brown eyes locked on mine, “If the answer to any of those questions is yes then I suggest you keep moving. Find another place where the answer is no. Then settle there. Don’t bring your past into the lives of the people here. Once you find that place, then you can break that seal and have your drink. If the answer to those questions is no, then I invite you to share a drink with me now.”

My hand clenched the bottle tightly, the leather of my glove creaking lightly in the quiet of approaching dusk. I dropped my eyes to the small, brown bottle in my hand, tracing the brewer’s seal with my thumb. “Well then Olivia,” I said, my voice sounding more despondent than I expected, “it looks like we won’t be sharing a drink tonight. Perhaps one day, when I’ve settled properly, we’ll share a whole crate of Lake Mead.”

When I looked back up at her she was wearing a sad little smile. She shook her head slowly, “Perhaps we will, Ardis. Perhaps we will.”

---

The next morning I found a man taking a cartload of fresh cut trees to a lumber mill a few miles northeast. I asked for barely more than a pittance to accompany him and, although skeptical at first, he was more than happy to underpay me for the job.

The man, Domnall, was pleasant enough. We made conversation as best as a lumberjack and a mercenary can. Just before we reached the mill, I asked him if he would be returning to the village or heading further on. He told me he would be returning as soon as the wood was offloaded and asked me in turn if I would be accompanying him back. I told him I would not.

I waited just outside the mill for Domnall to be paid by the mill owner so I could take my small pay and wait for someone heading further north. When Domnall returned he found me with the small brown bottle in my hands, my fingers tracing the intricate tree design of the seal in bright noonday light.

“A bit early for a drink, innit?” he asked amiably, a pleasant smile on his broad face.

I smiled back, a grim, sad little smile, and responded, “It’s never too early for a drink, Domnall, but this one I think I’ll save for another time.”

He smiled, paid me my few coppers, bid me good fortune, and went on his way. I could make out the creaking of his wagon wheels for the better portion of an hour before they faded, leaving me with naught but the little brown bottle.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#36 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:
The Rookie wrote:

That was for Ardis & his store of lore. If Sylvi ever meets him (if he really exists) then he would be the most likely Human to known what your Spear is, and the least likely to care, even if it is a world-class weapon in it's own right.

Sounds wrong to me, she can already do that. Are you looking to save crystals? If so, okay, but keep the restriction in mind as it seems to be a ranged Healing spell.... which is fascinating in itself.

This was just putting a name to the healing ability that I mentioned before hand. It's only close range and requires a lot of concentration on Sylvi's part. Essentially it prevents an individual from bleeding out, but has no effect on internal bleeds, broken bones, ect.

Ah, very nice.
Duration will be RANDOM. Sven has a habit of wandering off (vanishing) without saying goodbye. Sometimes it seems like his way of playing a joke, sometimes he leaves you with a philosophical question to ponder, and sometimes he can't recall his last visit to you.
Yeah, I'm gonna have some fun with this one.

Glad to hear you liked this one. Hopefully Sven ends up becoming a character in his own way.

Good, short range like a shotgun.
Exactly.

Lets keep it down to the size of the floor of a small room, triple that if you are just trying to make things slick.I was only really thinking that it spread out in a 5 metre triangle from where Sylvi is facing. So a full room maybe a bit much for her to handle without putting others at risk..

Check, and flat-faced only, no curves due to the alignment of ice crystals. Certainly. Seems fair.

Check

Like a transparent Igloo? I like it. But the Diameter won't be much more than her height.
Pretty much. That's fine, I wasn't really expecting to make it too large. Just big enough to shelter her and maybe one or two other people if they bunched up a bit.
Now, I said 12 per month, and we have to keep track of that (beads on the handle?). After that, your not going to break it or anything, but things start to get wonky. Spells may fizzle, you might set your own hair on fire, or you might get the attention of some random critter with an atmospheric flare that can be seen from 5 miles away. Or... something else.
Maybe this thing was meant to defend a fixed location, rather than go adventuring with?
Still, a fabulous item, and maybe a reason to leave lands patrolled by the Snow Wolf Royals lest they recognize it... ?

I like the idea of counting beads. Each time she uses a spell one of the blue beads burns out until there's only the main crystal itself.

I was thinking it'd be one of many ancient magical weapons from the Snow wolf treasury. While it's certainly considered a valuable relic, not many outside of ancient scholars or the royals themselves would know much about it. I doubt the current queen would care too much about the loss of such a trinket, but the captain of the guard certainly might.

I'll have to think up a bit more back story for the weapon itself. Perhaps it held significance after a particular battle with the humans or southern wolfs centuries ago. Wielded by the shaman/warrior king of the time in a defiant attempt to defend his home land from invaders. Hmm... I may have some fun with this :roll:

Kieth

#37 Post by Kieth »

soooo what exactly is this? xD

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#38 Post by The Rookie »

Kieth wrote:soooo what exactly is this? xD
From my understanding, it's an Rp that's going to be designed to be a bit more serious and slightly darker in some areas than a few others here.

There's also the intent that it'll be update regularly (Possibly multiple times per day), so there's a strong pull for us users who're here quite frequently.

Phaing
Master

#39 Post by Phaing »

TheLoreiConstruct00 wrote:Had a little bit more time today to do some more character lore......
Awesome!
You can go ahead with these stories if you like, but you have already given me plenty to work with.
Have you made a choice about armor? One one hand, you can junk it for cash and gear before we start.... but you might get a better deal of you wait for help from Sylvi.
I'm not even 100% sore of what kind your guy has.

And as I said, I don't want to start until Feb., the first week of it. And I do NOT intend to make it all gloomy and dark, some light-hearted storyline is good too, just about anything in fact. But when the bad stuff hits, it might stand out even harder.

The Rookie wrote: This was just putting a name to the healing ability that I mentioned before hand. It's only close range and requires a lot of concentration on Sylvi's part. Essentially it prevents an individual from bleeding out, but has no effect on internal bleeds, broken bones, ect.

And her other healing? I was thinking it would be more effective and varied.

Glad to hear you liked this one. Hopefully Sven ends up becoming a character in his own way.

Up to you, unless I play him as an NPC
And by Random I mean he can be dismissed at any time (no mana boost), and he might get bored if you ignore him, but a day or two at a time is fine.

Lets keep it down to the size of the floor of a small room, triple that if you are just trying to make things slick.I was only really thinking that it spread out in a 5 metre triangle from where Sylvi is facing. So a full room maybe a bit much for her to handle without putting others at risk..
Even better, and a dramatic strike at the ground with the butt of the spear would be a good way to fire it off

I like the idea of counting beads. Each time she uses a spell one of the blue beads burns out until there's only the main crystal itself.

NO. The notion of an immortal mana crystal is interesting, but it has to have limitations.
It won't warn you. You have to keep track of it, carefully, or fate may give you a nasty surprise.
And if anyone else gets there hand on it, they will just assume the beads are decorations.

I was thinking it'd be one of many ancient magical weapons from the Snow wolf treasury. While it's certainly considered a valuable relic, not many outside of ancient scholars or the royals themselves would know much about it. I doubt the current queen would care too much about the loss of such a trinket, but the captain of the guard certainly might.

I'll have to think up a bit more back story for the weapon itself. Perhaps it held significance after a particular battle with the humans or southern wolfs centuries ago. Wielded by the shaman/warrior king of the time in a defiant attempt to defend his home land from invaders. Hmm... I may have some fun with this :roll:
[/quote]

Since it has been out of sight for over a decade, nobody it going to be too terribly familiar with its appearance, we hope. However, when you use it that way, it can be pretty memorable.

Have all the fun you like with it, that's what we are here for after all! :mrgreen:

One thing I don't think we need to get into is the equipment list. I have spent a lot of time on those over the years and 95% of that time was a total waste. I will trust your people to have all the basic stuff they need, and not to "pull" anything too exotic.
example-
Poker cards don't need any mention, Tarot cards do.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#40 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:This was just putting a name to the healing ability that I mentioned before hand. It's only close range and requires a lot of concentration on Sylvi's part. Essentially it prevents an individual from bleeding out, but has no effect on internal bleeds, broken bones, ect.

And her other healing? I was thinking it would be more effective and varied.This is the only magical healing ability she possesses, while her others would be more traditional. Such as herbs, bandages and setting bones. This one is really just to prevent someone from dying before she can attend to them properly. Sorry if that's a tad boring :|

4. Sheet of ice.Even better, and a dramatic strike at the ground with the butt of the spear would be a good way to fire it off
YOU SHALL NOT PASS!

NO. The notion of an immortal mana crystal is interesting, but it has to have limitations.
It won't warn you. You have to keep track of it, carefully, or fate may give you a nasty surprise.
And if anyone else gets there hand on it, they will just assume the beads are decorations.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. The beads are only a decorative representation of the amount of charges available for the remainder of the month. They appear to be bright blue, just like the stone, however, when a spell is used they burn out one by one. Once all 12 spells have been used, only the primary mana stone remains lit. Possibly have the crystal changes colour slightly from the traditional clear light blue, to a darker more unstable looking sapphire. Complete with swirling black cloud of doom inside the crystal itself, just to hit home the message of "Warning: Currently unstable mana source.
Side note this text has gotten fairly colourful |D

Phaing
Master

#41 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:[/color]
Side note this text has gotten fairly colourful |D[/quote]

Ummm... okay.
It can be a useful trick for avoiding all the cut & paste, but on that note I'll re-start the dialogue tree here. :wink:

Okay, so she is an actual Medic instead of someone that knows a couple of handy spells, that's actually a hell of a lot better.
Speaking of that, looking at your sheet you seem to have mixed Advantages with skills. That's 2 different things, so if you get the chance this week could you clear that out?

I wish I still had a scanner, I could draw what I was talking about for the spear... but (more than) enough about that thing.

Okay, looks like I have two very good characters to start this with, I'm feeling very good about this.
We don't need any more than this, and just the run-up convinces me that you will both be here for the long haul. However...
... once we get started, will other potential players back off, be less likely to join in at some later date? That has been my experience then it comes to this sort of thing. So, should we try to recruit another now, or leave it as is for now?

-George Bernard Shaw

TheLoreiConstruct00

#42 Post by TheLoreiConstruct00 »

I am open to people joining at a later date, as long as they start in the OOC thread and do all the basic stuff before just waltzing into the RP.
If everyone wanted to try and get more people before we begin I'd be okay with that as well.

For both of those options though I'd prefer that we don't have to change a whole lot of what we've established so far, which isn't too much yet. For example I wouldn't want a drastic change in scenery because someone wants to start on the Basitin home island instead of up north.

Beyond that I'm okay with it as long as we can all agree on it.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#43 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:Okay, so she is an actual Medic instead of someone that knows a couple of handy spells, that's actually a hell of a lot better.
Speaking of that, looking at your sheet you seem to have mixed Advantages with skills. That's 2 different things, so if you get the chance this week could you clear that out?
Certainly. Sorry about that.

Phaing wrote:Okay, looks like I have two very good characters to start this with, I'm feeling very good about this.
We don't need any more than this, and just the run-up convinces me that you will both be here for the long haul. However...
... once we get started, will other potential players back off, be less likely to join in at some later date? That has been my experience then it comes to this sort of thing. So, should we try to recruit another now, or leave it as is for now?
I'm happy with either option.

I feel it's 50/50 as far as other people joining once a game starts. True, it may be a bit off putting for some, but at the same time it may be the little bit of extra incentive they need to do so. Some times people just want to wait to see how the game and characters all interact before committing to joining.

Phaing
Master

#44 Post by Phaing »

TheLoreiConstruct00 wrote:I am open to people joining at a later date, as long as they start in the OOC thread and do all the basic stuff before just waltzing into the RP.
If everyone wanted to try and get more people before we begin I'd be okay with that as well.

For both of those options though I'd prefer that we don't have to change a whole lot of what we've established so far, which isn't too much yet. For example I wouldn't want a drastic change in scenery because someone wants to start on the Basitin home island instead of up north.

Beyond that I'm okay with it as long as we can all agree on it.
I agree to all that, anyone coming in after the start can't change any of this.

And I'm perfectly fine with taking anyone on either now or later, or going ahead with just 2.

In fact, I'm ready to start now, but I said I'd wait another week and I guess there is no point getting all anxious.... Oh- the basic idea here is an RP thread with daily input, but I don't want people to think that is is required. In fact, there will probably be a few days when even I can't be here, but there won't be very many.
The requirement is, for people to not get annoyed if they miss their "turn", because there are no turns.

-George Bernard Shaw

Phaing
Master

#45 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: I feel it's 50/50 as far as other people joining once a game starts. True, it may be a bit off putting for some, but at the same time it may be the little bit of extra incentive they need to do so. Some times people just want to wait to see how the game and characters all interact before committing to joining.
Yeah, I kinda thought so.
Makes sense, too.
And if someone with bazzilion more posts than I have here wants to see if I'm not all bluster, I don't have a problem with that either.

Okay, so one week to go before D-Day, and on that day I need you two to be in the same place.
I don't know how detailed you want to be about getting to that point, so toss something out if you like. Or just wing it of you want when the IC thread us up.
---------------------------------------------------

Place-holding some ideas-

Starting location will be in the area between the outpost labeled Whitefield and the place on the map where the name Whitefields I printed.
Much of the action , at first, will be in little villages that don't appear on the Map,

Chapter names;
- Something Wicked...
- A million charades of gray
- Proud Monster

Not sure if we can keep that all in one thread, but that's something to worry about later on.

And the Horror angle is obvious, but I'm not sure if that needs to be key or even dominant. I'm going to let this be a more Organic thing. Now that I have seen how that works, I like it.
However-
The thing that drives the story is the Chars, and that includes the NPCs that you don't see. They have plans and motives and they will continue to pursue them.

We can start this weekend, Friday (or sooner) I will put up the IC thread ... but since you both have such firm ideas on how you want your chars to start, Yours will be the first actual IC posts.
I won't even have much interaction with you until we get to the nearest Hamlet, a funny little place called Malventum.

-George Bernard Shaw