Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Re: 4 us Daily Beasts

#61 Post by The Rookie »

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

#62 Post by 2561642 »

I had no idea. Well, that makes this easier! Do you guys have any particular destination in mind? If you said so in the IC thread, I apologize if I've forgotten.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#63 Post by The Rookie »

2561642 wrote:Do you guys have any particular destination in mind?
Nothing that can't change in a moment's notice. So far, the plan Sylvi has put forward is she wants to go all the way North, around the mountains, and head back down through Snow wolf territory back home.

However, I think Phaing has other things in mind :roll:

Phaing
Master

#64 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:
2561642 wrote:...
I have "things" in mind, naturally.
I also have lots of unrelated weirdness that's just fun to deal with.

I still need to know if Tycho is staying at the same Inn the rest of us are in. And Rook, I think you can go ahead and post again whenever you are ready.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

#65 Post by 2561642 »

Phaing wrote:
The Rookie wrote:
I have "things" in mind, naturally.
I also have lots of unrelated weirdness that's just fun to deal with.

I still need to know if Tycho is staying at the same Inn the rest of us are in. And Rook, I think you can go ahead and post again whenever you are ready.
I think it will be much easier if Tycho is staying at the inn. He finished the enchantment he was comissioned to create (still not sure what it should be - maybe you could help me out, Phaing). He couldn't stay at the blacksmith's any longer, so he walked across the snowy street in the middle of the night to rent a room in the inn, because he was told to meet his client there.

We could always just have him show up unexplained, but I like for my RP characters to have actual, plausible motives. Your thoughts?

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#66 Post by The Rookie »

2561642 wrote:I think it will be much easier if Tycho is staying at the inn. He finished the enchantment he was comissioned to create (still not sure what it should be - maybe you could help me out, Phaing). He couldn't stay at the blacksmith's any longer, so he walked across the snowy street in the middle of the night to rent a room in the inn, because he was told to meet his client there.

We could always just have him show up unexplained, but I like for my RP characters to have actual, plausible motives. Your thoughts?
If I may, I think I may have an idea. Being in the frozen North, how would you feel about cold resist or heat providing enchanments? We've mentioned the the bathes are powered by magic, so maybe he could be making some coin replacing/renewing those spells for the local population. You'd also have the local lords who'd own bathes of there own, and possibly those who'd rather magic over fire for their general heating.

Phaing
Master

#67 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:
2561642 wrote:I think it will be much easier if Tycho is staying at the inn. He finished the enchantment he was comissioned to create (still not sure what it should be - maybe you could help me out, Phaing). He couldn't stay at the blacksmith's any longer, so he walked across the snowy street in the middle of the night to rent a room in the inn, because he was told to meet his client there.

If I may, I think I may have an idea. Being in the frozen North, how would you feel about cold resist or heat providing enchanments? We've mentioned the the bathes are powered by magic, so maybe he could be making some coin replacing/renewing those spells for the local population. You'd also have the local lords who'd own bathes of there own, and possibly those who'd rather magic over fire for their general heating.
Sounds good to me.
THey'd have to burn a LOT of wood to keep that thing warm all year.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

#68 Post by 2561642 »

Phaing wrote:
The Rookie wrote:

Sounds good to me.
THey'd have to burn a LOT of wood to keep that thing warm all year.
Then it's settled - he bulk enchanted some tiles (with mana stones provided by the buyer) specifically to heat the water in the baths.

P.S. - Sorry I disappeared for a couple days - an attempted BIOS update bricked my PC's motherboard, so I'm having to RMA it with MSI. Take it from someone who learned the hard way: NEVER update your BIOS through your OS - use a USB with the BIOS image you want, and update through the old BIOS itself instead.

P.P.S. -I don't know the standard procedure around here in regards to joining an ongoing RP, but in my experience, you don't post until given a clear go-ahead from the GM, so that's what I'll be waiting for.

Phaing
Master

#69 Post by Phaing »

P.P.S. -I don't know the standard procedure around here in regards to joining an ongoing RP, but in my experience, you don't post until given a clear go-ahead from the GM, so that's what I'll be waiting for.
Well, we have been going slow for a bit, and I am torn at the moment between starting something crazy right away or giving you guys a chance to meet normally.
Or, I was.
I'll give it another day of normal & nice. You are the first to join in, so I will leave it to you how you enter into it just as long as you do it in a reasonable way. We are making a lot of noise in the stables... but you'd have to be a wandering insomniac to know it. We'll be moving on from there soon, so if you would wait a couple of days we can be in the common room of the games room in the basement when you meet us.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#70 Post by The Rookie »

2561642 wrote:I'm not entirely sure I could break the official rules, they are so poorly defined.
A lot of the magic seen/used in TK thus far has very few limitations on what can and can't be done. I feel this is sort of intentional so that Tom can write himself out of certain plot points should the need arise.

2561642 wrote:At the end of the day, it's really up to us (more specifically, up to the GM) to decide what should work and what shouldn't.
Pretty much. I feel as long as we can draw from the comic's lore to explain the use of magics, I feel we should be safe.

On that note. Phaing, oh glorious and kind GM, would I be allowed to add a spell to Sylvi which allows her to summon alcohol on a whim? I feel it'd be very important for her character development.

Phaing
Master

#71 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:
On that note. Phaing, oh glorious and kind GM, would I be allowed to add a spell to Sylvi which allows her to summon alcohol on a whim? I feel it'd be very important for her character development.
After due consideration , or my best attempt at it, I have to ask;
Why?

I mean, it would be perfectly acceptable for her to be able to take water and some sort of organic material and turn it into booze, if she had both she could make a LOT of it before using up even one stone.
But... what does this have to do with Sylvi?
She's not going to be a mean drunk, is she?

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#72 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:After due consideration , or my best attempt at it, I have to ask;
Why?
Oh, this just meant to be a bit of fun. Nothing I thought you'd actually take seriously. Sorry.
Phaing wrote:But... what does this have to do with Sylvi?
She's not going to be a mean drunk, is she?
No, nothing more than what she's already shown herself to be. I mean, she's a bit of a lush, but only in social settings... Mostly... :roll:

Phaing
Master

#73 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:After due consideration , or my best attempt at it, I have to ask;
Why?
Oh, this just meant to be a bit of fun. Nothing I thought you'd actually take seriously. Sorry.
No, its okay. I would like to encourage you all to develop your skills, explore new paths, and test the limits of what you can do.

And I can't offer much guidance, since there isn't much to give here. Just keep this in mind when dealing with Magic here-
It is easier to get forgiveness than permission.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#74 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:The last post in the main game.
Oh God, sorry that wasn't supposed to be a "Gottcha " moment. I assumed he was using the two handed sword with Sylvi's spear over his shoulder, or that his two handed sword was closer to a [censored] sword which can be used one handed when necessary.

In this case, was hoping to give you some options to adapt to fighting the otters...

Sorry, didn't mean to cause trouble.

Phaing
Master

#75 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:
Phaing wrote:The last post in the main game.
Oh God, sorry that wasn't supposed to be a "Gottcha " moment. I assumed he was using the two handed sword with Sylvi's spear over his shoulder, or that his two handed sword was closer to a [censored] sword which can be used one handed when necessary.

In this case, was hoping to give you some options to adapt to fighting the otters...

Sorry, didn't mean to cause trouble.
No, its okay.... I didn't even think about a spear having a strap like a rifle or something.
But, its just too big to have on Raimius when he already has such a large weapon and so many smaller ones, as well as his own gear, like the backpack.

I have a better idea;
Say that he handed it to Rita, and she held on to it while you were holding on to her.

That way, it is now your option; you can charge ahead unarmed and just say Sylvi forgot about that, or leap back, grab the spear and then charge in.

Either way, let me clarify something; half a foot of show on a cobblestone street, and it is slightly downhill to where Raimius and the Otters are. Two blocks beyond that is the warf, and you can see ships there, just not very clearly yet.

Yeah, I really need to slow down here.... :oops:

-George Bernard Shaw