TwoKinds RP?

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: TwoKinds RP?

#16 Post by Phaing »

Gah! How did I not see this sooner?!
Oh.... I didn't see the OOC board until just now.... cripes...

((Done with the mods, she is now "Humanized))

Name: Phaing (prounnced Fang) true name Sushulana
Species: Human
Race: (Asiatic//Nordic cross)
Class; ex-slave, Bounty Hunter (?)

Appearance: 5" 0", maybe 80 pounds after a good meal, slender yet balanced figure, Dark-bronze skin, streaky-Blond hair, Blue/Black eyes. Exotic and double-jointed, Phaing moves with natural grace and an unselfconscious manner that matches her personality.
She has a foreign accent that rolls her "R"s like candy in her mouth combined with a lazy drawl... however, when irritated, that accent morphs into a harsh urban chop (think "Brooklynese")
(Identifying mark; slave brand burned into the sole of her right foot)

Personality: a curious mix of paraniod and outgoing, is insatiably curious and has no idea what the concept of "shame" is supposed to be all about. This is a two-edged sword, however, as she was likely to walk in on someone while they were crouched over a commode and start a conversation as if it were perfectly normal to do so. It would not be an overstatement to say that she has a relentless talent for tactlessness, sooner or later just about anyone is going to get the urge to try and strangle her.

Strengths: Brave, mental toughness, intelligent, highly flexible
Weaknesses: Hideous self-image, impulsive, shameless, puny, tactless, viciously sarcastic, PTSD.

Skills: Read & Write, Swim, Self-Disguise, Fighting (with a limited variety of weapons), Ride Horse & care of them.

Custom Magic:
Translation magics; can function for many hours per day with minimal effort, but cannot be used for the written word.
Variable self-protection spells to ward off enemy magic or function as reasonably good armor (but not both at the same time) Must be cast before the need for them has begun.
(not formally trained, she picked this up by spying on her former owner)

History: "Sorry, I don't do back-story"
:P
Just kidding!
A score of years ago daughter of a far far-Esatern merchant was kiddnapped by a Nordic Bandit leader. While the Bandit and Rich Merchant haggled over ransom issues, the young and lovely Rhiannon was ravished by the Northerner Dragon-ship crew. When she became heavy with child, the guards around her relaxed, and she escaped. A terrible homecoming awaited her.
Rhiannon's haughty family would only allow her back into the House of Treewater if she had an abortion first, to cleanse herself of the "abomination" growing inside her. Rhiannon refused and was exiled. With no marketable skills, she became a prostitute, and was eventualy killed in that trade, as so many are. Her half-grown daughter took to runing the streets the city, called Fangore, whch means "Chaos-bane". She called herself Phaing, or chaos. She was caught up in a Militia 'Dredge Night", an attempt to clean up the worst slums, and was sold into slavery to pay the Magistrates fines.

Phaing was purchased by an Evil, powerful mage named Malfeador, who wanted to use her as a virgin sacrifice to a Demon Lord... but his plans were ruined when he discoverd that this Demon prefered boys. Little Phaing found out what a real beating was that first night, the first of many. The bitter old mage put her to work as a scribe, as she was too puny to be of much us anywhere else. As she slowly developed into womanhood, he had her trained to suit his tastes; which meant that her physical abilities in the sexual department are phenomenal by the standards of kinder civilizations... and her social skills were practically nill. She eventualy managed to kill Malfeador in a brilliant if guesome way and escaped Fangore. How she managed to do it might come out, if you get her drunk enough, perhaps.

Phaing as traveled so far she can't even be sure of the way back, not that she ever would want to go back to Fangore where she is wanted for murder and arson (she set fire to Malfaedor's mansion on her way out) or to make any contact with her mother's haughty and treacherous people.
Young Phaing has a very jaded view of the world, as anyone so badly abused can be expected to have. She makes money by chasing down Bounties in her own dreadful way; She allows herself to be captured and abused by the criminal in question until she wears him out, and then kills him in his sleep.

Basically, hope is what keeps her going now. Hope that there are some Good people in this world, and perhaps she might meet some of them. The notion that she might actually be one herself someday is just a fantasy... but a nice one that helps her sleep sometimes.

Gear; can start with nothing at all if so desired... in fact a good challenge is always welcome. :wink:

Not kidding, I have RPed that way before and it can be a real hoot.
However, if the GM is feeling generous;
Curved sword similar to a Kilij, recurve short bow (9 arrows left). Stiletto, 2 throwing daggers. "Roman" sandals, standard peasant clothes that are loose-fitting to permit freedom of movement {... which actually works better than the glorified Bikini look}. Wide-brim floppy hat and gray woolen cloak. In pack; silk rope, nice boots and spare clothes, flint & tinder, small bedroll, a minimal amount of food, waterskin.
Some coins, of good quality but of a very foreign make.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#17 Post by The Rookie »

Kieth wrote:Also, Construct. Im not really sure what to think of your character since ive never seen a Lizard Kedrian.
So far in the story there was one mention of possible lizard people living in the mountains, although they were considered to be a myth, along with mermaids.

Anyways, I'm happy to start when ever you guys are. :grin:
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

TheLoreiConstruct00

#18 Post by TheLoreiConstruct00 »

So far in the story there was one mention of possible lizard people living in the mountains, although they were considered to be a myth, along with mermaids.
This was my basis for the character, Flora mentions that the lizards are considered more beast-like than man-like and I enjoy the idea of creating a character to break that idea down. In my mind they aren't savage or beastly, they just want the other races, including humans, to leave them alone so they stay isolated and don't engage the other races in trade or diplomacy. To me, this character is a man out of place. He was raised a slave, a gladiator slave no less, among people of other races in a city not of his people and then he gets bought by a human Templar who takes him even further into a land he's never known in order to experiment on him! He manages to escape after a while but he has no idea where he is, he has no clue what he should be doing next, he doesn't know the politics or culture of the world around him. All he knows is what he doesn't want: to be a slave, and to be a killer. Up until now that is all he has ever known and all he has ever been and he resents it now.

He's a lost man trying to make his own destiny, even if he doesn't have a clue where to start.

So yeah, I'm ready to start if y'all are :)

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#19 Post by The Rookie »

TheLoreiConstruct00 wrote:He's a lost man trying to make his own destiny, even if he doesn't have a clue where to start.
Interesting, I'll be looking forward to seeing where this idea goes. (Although, it'll probably be a lot of "The hell's that thing" coming from all the other characters S:P )

Phaing
Master

#20 Post by Phaing »

Fawkes wrote:I'm ready to start like everyone else though I think Phaing's character sheet still needs to be addressed.
Naturally, but I only posted it up about 12 hours ago 8)
No need to rush the boss on account of me, maybe leave Phaing for the last one to join up?

I have to say, its a sweet collection of Characters here, I'll do my best to do the gang justice. Any modifications I need to make won't be a problem for me.
(and yeah, I know, "an elf, really?" but I PMed a list of ways it could be justified. and if not, no biggie :wink: . Maybe this world could use a touch of the Orient)
EDIT - In fact, the more I think about it, the better it sounds. Too much strangeness isn't a nice thing to do my first time out.
Human with Asian features, (keeping the basic look) I want to play Twokinds instead of trying to make some crossover thing.
I'll go back and work on that stuff, maybe Keith hasn't seen it yet.

Re-reading all your sheets now, fascinating, this could be the most interesting group-dynamic since Firefly.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

TheLoreiConstruct00

#21 Post by TheLoreiConstruct00 »

The Rookie wrote:We'd still need a starting location, which will probably have to be neutral ground given Julius's wolfyness. Maybe Fox or Tiger territory?

Edit: There's also canine territory, Foxhunt and Tylerwyrn are excellent candidates as they're near human, fox and wolf towns.

If you were thinking something a little further north, there's Snow wolf territory. Ridgegate for example, opens up numerous interesting locations. There's Ditterage (Human/Wolf settlement where cross species marriage is allowed.) and Castle Heywood (Northern Basitian outpost) not far to the North. To the South West you've got the Wolf cities, to the North East and South East there's Human boarder towns.

Also negates the 'How did a wolf get across human territory?' story which Julius will have to deal with if we went with Tiger.
Looking at the map, I'd probably go with Ridgegate (or Camp Hollow if we want the human side of the mountains) if we want to start in the north, Foxhunt in the South West, or Witchen if we wanted to start near the Tiger territory.

I'm leaning more toward Ridgegate or Camp Hollow myself. Close enough to the borders to make most of the characters easy to introduce. Although I am open to suggestions.

Phaing
Master

#22 Post by Phaing »

TheLoreiConstruct00 wrote:
Looking at the map, I'd probably go with Ridgegate (or Camp Hollow if we want the human side of the mountains) if we want to start in the north, Foxhunt in the South West, or Witchen if we wanted to start near the Tiger territory.

I'm leaning more toward Ridgegate or Camp Hollow myself. Close enough to the borders to make most of the characters easy to introduce. Although I am open to suggestions.
Sounds good to me, a sudden storm could be something that would make us all seek shelter, a quick & easy way to put us all in one place.
Where is the map that shows all of that?

-George Bernard Shaw

Phaing
Master

#23 Post by Phaing »

Fawkes wrote:
Phaing wrote:Where is the map that shows all of that?
Right here.

Thanks!
I can't zoom in far enough to see all the little names, but it really helps get a feel for the place.

Speaking of that, I can't make my images appear in my views here, are they showing up at all?
Even my sig is problematic.

New Avatar coming up, and Phaing is phinalized, ready to rock! 8)

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#24 Post by The Rookie »

Phaing wrote:
Fawkes wrote:
Phaing wrote:Where is the map that shows all of that?
Right here.

Thanks!
I can't zoom in far enough to see all the little names, but it really helps get a feel for the place.

Speaking of that, I can't make my images appear in my views here, are they showing up at all?
Even my sig is problematic.
Easy fix. In the conner there should be the option to download the image. What that does is opens the map in a new window at 4000 x 4750 resolution, allowing you to see all the little details.

As for how you get images to work, all you need to do is right click on the image, copy the image address, and then paste the address into the [img] [img] brackets.

Hope that helps

Phaing
Master

#25 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote: As for how you get images to work, all you need to do is right click on the image, copy the image address, and then paste the address into the [img] [img] brackets.

Hope that helps
You have been very helpful, thanks!
And all of you that have been so great with answering all my silly newbie questions, you have been great. So, a little entertainment/theme music-

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcfIroNI3NU[/video]
I wish it worked that easy for pics...

I'll just chill now until Keith gets back to us.... but I have a couple of ideas of my own, for another thread. :squirrel:

-George Bernard Shaw

Kieth

#26 Post by Kieth »

Alright so it seems everyone is ok with starting in neutral territory to meet malcom. I am ok with this as a starter for our group, but along the line we will need to come up with some kind of conflict. But that should not be to hard ^^

Transient Truth
Traveler

#27 Post by Transient Truth »

(Halp. My head...)
(Sorry to hear that you're not well, Kieth. Hope you have a speedy recovery.)
(Now to present a character that is probably more controversial than Phaing and Construct's. Meet Quentin!)
Name: William Lazarus(Alias Quentin)
Species: Basitin
Race: Eastern

Appearance:
-6.5 feet tall
-Sandy fur
-Lithe
-Amber eyes
-Misshapen left hand(Bandaged)
-Missing left ear tip
Wardrobe:
Normal
-A long sleeved black tunic
-A pair of gray trousers
-A brown cloak, fastened with a clip on the side.
-A brown leather belt, with a mana crystal, a scabbard and a pouch hanging from it.
-A pair of combat boots
-A quiver
-A small messenger bag, usually with a water skin, a stick of wrapped graphite in a wooden case, and a notebook.
Winter
-Everything listed above except for the cloak
-A gray sheepskin ushanka
-A thick brown fur-lined robe
-Possibly a scarf when not in combat
-Leather gloves
Weapons
-A longsword, made of magically conductive material
-A recurve bow
Gear:
Personality:

Strengths:
-High pain threshold
-Increased resistance to magic attacks(And more conductive to friendly magic)
-High stamina
-High agility
-Highly intelligent. Even diagnosed as a prodigy at early birth.
Weaknesses:
-Decreased resistance to poison and sickness, i.e. poison or sickness will not have immediate effect, but must be removed or will be lethal.
-Decreased resistance to blood loss and wounds
-Decreased regeneration to wounds
-Constant pain
-Absentminded
-Low self esteem
-Yet doesn't likes others to help
-Pacifistic, but unlike Oalei. He just hates to fight. Not so quick in drawing out his sword while in a conflict, and tries to talk his way out instead
-Allergic to some types of healing potion and magic; while some may simple have no effect, some may harm him
-Somewhat unstable mental state
-Poor hand-to-hand combat skills. Will be an extremely small threat if he was to be completely disarmed.
-Unable to cook. Once he tried, and he made something that could bypass the Basitin's poison immunity. He couldn't replicate it after that time, or else it would become a Strength.
Skills:
-Limited usage of magic: Will be explained in backstory
-Skilled archer: Although he has magic, it is somewhat weak and not oriented towards combat, not to mention the somewhat long time of conjuring an offensive spell. So Quentin had resorted to using the weapon that he was most proficient with- the bow and arrow. Naturally gifted, and with the military training that he had received, he was able to aim and shoot extremely fast, even when the target and himself is moving.
-Average camouflage: Being an archer before, he is naturally trained in hiding himself while laying ambushes. It is, however, not as good as trained assassins. Only a few tricks to conceal himself.
-Average swordsman(Scimitars only): That is the one weapon that he didn't fail in his training, other than his bow. Still, he prefers his bow over close-range combat.
-A great artist: He was quite gifted at drawing. It was also one of his favorite pastimes as well. He is best at sketching with graphite, which is why he always kept one.

Custom Magic: An invisibility spell that requires two mana crystal to activate. The invisibility is not perfect, and so when bumping into anything the spell will immediately fail. It also puts a toll on his body, so not pretty advisable to use when you're injured. Requires a large amount of concentration as well. There is also a time limit of half an hour.
He could also cast an illusion to make himself another species, and of course it requires mana crystals as well(1 to be exact). The illusion lasts for one and a half week, and must be renewed by then or the spell will slowly fall apart in half a week.(e.g. Tail reverting to normal color, ears returning to Basitin, and stuff like that) People in pain will be able to see through his illusion, and his signature will be different from other Kiedrians as well.

History: Quentin was a exceptionally gifted Basitin, and from birth he was already more interested in knowledge than fighting, like the other kids at his age do. Still, being a noncombatant is basically a thing to be frowned upon in the Basitin society, and that is why Quentin still attended military training. However, at the age of 15, he first saw magic at use, and immediately started to research on it, hoping to bypass the Basitin's inability to use magic. He was in the middle of his researches when the Templars came to the Island to build the Tower.
Fascinated by this, he decided to learn from the Templars, and he asked questions whenever he saw a Templar passing. Soon, he would come into contact with the matter of dark magic.
Deciding that was the solution to the problem, he started researching the forbidden arts of dark magic. And he succeeded. He became the first Basitin to wield magic, dark magic to be exact, without any adverse side effects.(Except for the fact that it made him quite tired every time he used magic, as well as a greatly decreased regeneration rate, but that was not observed at that time)
Still, history was bound to repeat itself. Quentin's parents were slain at the battle around the Tower, killed by Trace himself(Or rather, the Tower. But Quentin didn't know that). While Quentin still sought after his parent's killer, he became obsessed with the fact of resurrecting his parents.
He had already looked into the matter of resurrection before, but the circumstances never required him to use it. In a matter of days, he already prepared the spell needed for the resurrection.
The resurrection process naturally failed, and the process sucked out any lifeforce in the area, a side effect that Quentin had not considered before(Most of the documents he read was about the process of the ritual, and the only mentioned side effects were the shortening of the casters' lifespan), and then further devastated the district he was in with an explosion of dark magic, rendering Quentin unconscious. The incident spanned a few blocks, and although Quentin lives in a not so populated district, it still killed off a few Basitins who lived in the district, as well causing quite a lot of structural damage to the area.
The authorities were quick to move in, and they apprehended Quentin with ease, due to him being uncocnsious. Some of the Basitin's magic were also lost in the incident, rendering him unable to escape, even only with normal restraints. He was given a quick trial, in which he didn't have much of a defense. At about the time that Trace and the main group left, he was exiled from the Island, and shortly he landed in the mainlands. He managed to live with the measly few gold that he had smuggled out, whilst travelling the strange mainlands. He managed to get a job or two here and there, but the sight of a Basitin was still quite a novelty at the mainlands, and to disguise himself, he casted an illusion on himself, making him a wolf Kiedrian, both in look and scent, and mingled with the general population. He also changed his name as well, and made do with certain odd jobs.

Other notes: Apparently he keeps a journal. Your characters, however, doesn't knows that.

(Oh no! Basitins with magic! It is the Apocalypse! Before you say that, I feel the need to clarify something first. Although I know this one is somewhat on the fringe, this character is actually not as OP . He is unable to use high-tier class spells, only some weak regeneration spells for himself and a few quick deploy shields, and also enchanting his arrows with fire or making it sharper. He can manage to shoot a ball of fire/electricity, max.[And the invisibility of course] So plzzzzzzzz? :oops: )
(I still do have another character in my disposal if this doesn't works out though.)
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

Kieth

#28 Post by Kieth »

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#29 Post by The Rookie »

Fawkes wrote:So what do you guys think?
Personally I like the idea of an increase in violent crime rates between the species. Considering this is Snow Wolf territory, I feel like the majority of the population would sympathise with their southern Forest Wolf neighbours, even if they're not officially at war with the humans. It would be pretty likely that at least some of the population consider humans to be the enemy; seeking out and attacking them where ever they can.

Phaing
Master

#30 Post by Phaing »

Fawkes wrote:...
So what do you guys think?
I am afraid I may have to respond to the injustice being committed in that Bar, its just the way Phaing is wired.
You guys did catch the part where her alias translates as 'chaos', right.
So, yeah, gonna have to start off with the nasty.

BTW; what mechanism do we have for resolving combat?
Is there a die-roller built in to the forum, or are we relying in each other's judgement not to go overboard?

-George Bernard Shaw