TwoKinds RP?

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Phaing
Master

Re: TwoKinds RP?

#31 Post by Phaing »

Fawkes wrote: Sorry but I had no idea that the women being mentioned in the opening post was your character, I thought it was just a random NPC being talked to since a name was never mentioned. ---
NO!
you were right, that's not her at all!
The "injustice" was the mean gang of thugs getting ready to do a beat-down on the Keidran, in the OP.

heh, I better stop being so cryptic... :roll:

No, I just posted, and now my silly little comment should make more sense.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#32 Post by The Rookie »

I just had this mental image of Phaing entering the shop, turning around and bolting. Meanwhile you have Tobias and Malcolm just watching everything as it unfolds.

Tobais: The heck was that about?
Malcolm: I haven't the foggiest...
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Phaing
Master

#33 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:I just had this mental image of Phaing entering the shop, turning around and bolting. Meanwhile you have Tobias and Malcolm just watching everything as it unfolds.

Tobais: The heck was that about?
Malcolm: I haven't the foggiest...
Yeah, that was about it, she may have spent 2 minutes in there, tops.
And that was a good conversation, just the sort of thing she might have butted into without giving it a 2nd thought.... or even a 1st one. However-
She can't speak any of the local languages yet, not with any proficiency. Her translation spells last for a good many hours, but not all day long... and when using it she can't work on picking up a new language.
And that wasn't really intended for much contact. I just wanted to someone to glimpse the mousey and skittish little Phaing before she went all Jekyll & Hyde w/o any warning.
PTSD can be a wicked disadvantage.

And I finally figured out how to make the pics work, Photobucket is a rotten source-point, apparently.
Now if I could make the spoiler function work.... meh.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Phaing
Master

#34 Post by Phaing »

Kieth wrote:https://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19322

Thread is done. Go have fun kidos.
Keith -
I am a little confused.
Did the Barkeep aim that Crossbow at the Thugs too, or at Phaing?

She made a deadly serious move, and was not expecting to be ignored. She also can't hold that bow drawn like that for very long, so unless they back down quickly she has to let fly.
Are they leaving?
((Didn't mean to steal his scene or anything, but your guy did appear to be in peril there))

I know it is pretty radical and a little ridiculous for her to make a move like that, but that's the nature of the beast.

-George Bernard Shaw

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#35 Post by The Rookie »

Perhaps Phaing would take Julius's retort as a sign that he wasn't really in danger, nore was he looking to fight the human tugs. In which case, Phaing wouldn't have any real reason to start shooting at anyone, and would probably benefit more from disarming herself and joining Julius and Oalei.

Kieth

#36 Post by Kieth »

Barkeeper took aim on the thugs and held them at bay. Your girl was not threatened because she did not really cause trouble. She was acknowledged but not ignore. Everyone saw that she was aiming a bow at them and the bartender had a crossbow so they backed off.

Julius 'was' in danger. But instead of engaging in a bar fight and causing a big scene, he just defused the situation best way he knows how. The guys were chased out, Jules managed to get himself out of an asskicking. Thats about all there is to it im not sure why you are confused xD

Phaing
Master

#37 Post by Phaing »

Kieth wrote:Barkeeper took aim on the thugs and held them at bay. Your girl was not threatened because she did not really cause trouble. She was acknowledged but not ignore. Everyone saw that she was aiming a bow at them and the bartender had a crossbow so they backed off. ...
Okay, cool, I just wasn't sure about that little detail.
She didn't cause trouble? Oh, also cool, this is a sort of wild west place, isn't it? |D

(i did not mean to imply you were doing anything wrong, I think my post should have stopped at the apothecary.
I took a look at the size of the posts and overdid mine a little, my bad.)

-George Bernard Shaw

Kieth

#38 Post by Kieth »

Well if i owned a buisness and some thugs were messing with my customers i'd chase them out as well at gunpoint xD. Im not gonna punish someone who was trying to do the right thing...despite the whole arrow thing =P

Phaing
Master

#39 Post by Phaing »

Kieth wrote:Well if i owned a buisness and some thugs were messing with my customers i'd chase them out as well at gunpoint xD. Im not gonna punish someone who was trying to do the right thing...despite the whole arrow thing =P
Thank you.... one last query-
Posting order. How strict? Or, how much time would you like us to give the others before posting again?

-George Bernard Shaw

Kieth

#40 Post by Kieth »

With posting order i find that posting should be pretty loosly regulated and only put into strict order when important events take place. Huge group fights, main story points, ect. But when casually RPing i just suggest that you give at least one or two people a turn to post unless someone you 'directly' are posting to replies back. Like if you and i are engaged in our own little thing we can post as many times as we'd like while everyone else does whatever. But when others are drawn in and such then we would have to slow down.

Does that make sense?

Phaing
Master

#41 Post by Phaing »

Kieth wrote:...
Does that make sense?
All I can say is; "Great minds think alike." :D

Thank you again for setting this up.
And, going by that, I could post again right now, but I'll give it a few hours, see if anyone has anything else to say whilst I pondercate my next move..

-George Bernard Shaw

Phaing
Master

#42 Post by Phaing »

So.... is this still a thing?

-George Bernard Shaw

Transient Truth
Traveler

#43 Post by Transient Truth »

Yes.
It is just the fact that my mind is too occupied with different stuff that I'm unable to construct a post with Fawkes.
Just give me a day or two and I should have something fixed up.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#44 Post by The Rookie »

I do hope so, although I'm not sure where we can really go now that Keith seems to have left us without a focal story point to follow in his absence.

Phaing
Master

#45 Post by Phaing »

The Rookie wrote:I do hope so, although I'm not sure where we can really go now that Keith seems to have left us without a focal story point to follow in his absence.
that wasn't very nice of him, was it?

Well, 3 weeks since we heard from him, that does seem pretty bad, and I did PM him about a week ago.

So, what should we do? wait until it's been a month before we draw straws or something?
Combine with another game?

-George Bernard Shaw