Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

JoshtheOverlander

Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

#1 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Humanity's Conception
It is said that long ago, the world was a soulless, empty plain. Then, the unity of light and darkness created the life that the world of Lumis now bares. Nobody knows for certain how, but they know that they are the product of two higher powers.
Light and Darkness
Light, the warm, bright side of life. Always vibrant and beautiful. The light of mankind and the animals themselves constitute positive emotions, the soul, and life itself. Darkness, the shadowy, more fearful side of life. Constantly strong and powerful, but also terrifying. The darkness within life constitutes negative emotions, the body, the mind, and fear and death. These are the higher powers that man once treated as equally powerful. They worshipped these higher powers. However, it was not meant to last.
The Fall
Mankind began to fear the Darkness, as it represented the inevitable end of every life without exception. They had turned to the Light, hoping it would protect them from the Darkness, but the Light refused. Angered, Mankind lashed out at both powers. Blinded by their fear of the Darkness and their outrage of being abandoned by the Light, Mankind slowly began to lose themselves, and in a fit of anger, the Darkness used their loss of self to transform them into unfeeling creatures of instinct. Lost Ones, as they were called, were created to reflect the corruption of their souls in their past lives. What remained of Mankind fought against these creatures, but with only traditional weaponry, their fate to fall into corruption would be inevitable.
The Monochrome War
The Light took pity on Mankind and granted them the gift of magical arts, and with it, Mankind was able to effectively push back the monsters that the Darkness had created. Mankind was saved from a fate worse than death. However, the Darkness grew furious with the Light for sparing a race that shunned its very creators. The Light tried to defend the creatures they had given life to, but the Darkness refused to listen to her words. The Darkness declared war on the Light and he would go on to make the more powerful Lost Souls more intelligent and even return their memories of who they once were. He made promises to return them to life they once had, lying in order to increase his armies. In turn, the Light gave Mankind the power to utilize light itself and explained the situation to her creations. With an understanding of the situation, Mankind created armies of their own. They would go on to call themselves Guardians.
Present Time
The Monocrome War is still ongoing and both sides are in a stalemate state. Neither one is stronger than the other and if they continue to fight on like this, the world will soon be effected greatly by the destruction caused by the chaos. The only thing to do, however, is to continue fighting and hope that the war ends soon.
~~~
Rules:
1. No Godmodding or making your character invincible or immmortal. The only immortals allowed are the Darkness and the Light.
2. No making your character be in one place and then suddenly be in another the next minute. Unless they're only moving a fair distance, this should be impossible, even in a world full of magic.
3. No dictating the actions of other users' characters. The only person who can control a character is the character's owner.
4. No copyrighted characters or knock-off characters. There should be no characters that are pretty much the mirror image of a pre-existing character in any fictional franchise. Got it?
5. Posts must make sense.
6. No writing your posts in text format. Itz vary e-noyin' wen u talk lik dis!
7. All characters must be posted with a bio like this:
Name:
Appearance: (Clothing is optional. After all, it's not like your character wears the same thing every time)
Personality: (Purely optional. You're going to be displaying your character's personality soon anyways, right?)
Weapon: (Must be based off your chosen element)
Race: (Regular Human, Guardian, or Lost Soul)
Class/Rank: (Lost Souls are split into six classes: Valkyrie (Winged Speed type), Paladin (Highly Defensive Type), Trickster (Speedy/Cunning type), Archer (Ranged Fighter Type), Brute (All-Strength Type), and General (A very special class given to the wisest and most skilled Lost Souls) (The Guardians' Ranks are built up of Trainees, Instructors, and Generals)
Element: (Aside from Light, you can choose only one or two elements of nature to base your character's magic off of)
Alignment: (Light, Darkness, or Neutral)
8. The maximum number of characters each user is allowed is two and a character bio must be posted for both.
9. Trainee characters live in houses with one or two other Trainee characters, while Instructor characters can live in their homes with one other or by themselves.
10. Have Fun!
Chicken Curry is the best thing EVER!!!

JoshtheOverlander

Re: Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

#2 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Name: Draco Trove
Appearance: Straight, shoulder-length dirty blonde hair, tan skin, athletic build, 5'6", and curved golden eyes.
Weapon: Phoenix Rose (A double-edged longsword with an orange feather-like design on the hilt and a red jewel on the pommel that can store up magic energy)
Race: Guardian
Class/Rank: In-Training
Element: Fire

~~

Name: Nathan Trove
Appearance: Dirty blonde, shoulder-length. Cold blue, droopy eyes, tan skin, tan build. Normally wears light clothing. Burn marks over his back.
Weapon: Death Zero (A cold seven-foot french voulge spear with a translucent blue blade)
Race: Guardian
Class/Rank: Trainee
Element: Ice and Wind

Draco's and Nathan's Bios: The two brothers lived in the slums of a city off to the east that was raided by Lost Ones. They both narrowly escaped with their lives, though Nathan suffered a horrible burn by a fire-wielding Lost One that was part of the raid during the getaway. They could barely get by and Draco was beginning to wonder if it would've been better if they both just died then and there. One day, the two came to a town that was unmarked by raids or other attacks and was doing fairly well. The boys stopped at this town and would have tried to find jobs when Lost Ones came and attacked. During all the confusion and chaos, the boys managed to grab some well-needed food before hiding from the Lost Ones until the attack was over.
Afterwards, the two stayed behind in the ruined town, feeding off of what food wasn't destroyed in the attack. They lived there for a good year when the two decided to go out and search for a training regime for the Guardians. After finding one in Solaas village, the two signed themselves up to be trainees.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#3 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Hey, it's not a good idea to start the IC so soon if nobody else is in the OOC yet. (I know this is the OOC thread) I'm interested, and you'll likely draw a few others, but if you start the IC off before at least a handful of folks are onboard, we'll be left in the dust.

EDIT: Some additional info would be good. Stuff like where these training houses are, if both sides have the same system, different systems, rankings beyond what you've given us, the rules of engagement, the tech levels present, what magic is like here, a bio for both of your characters, if the Lost/Darkness are actually evil or just a different perspective, etc.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

JoshtheOverlander

#4 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

I know, I know. I'm sorry, I'm just not quite used to these forums as I am for others. I'll try to do things right as best I can. I'll edit the first post and add more details and in the future I'll try to remember to be more initially detailed with the construction of RPs from now on.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#5 Post by The Rookie »

Name: Yin
Appearance: Pale with ash coloured hair
Normally wears light loose fitting clothing. Usually made up of greys and light browns.

Weapon: Twin daggers; one black with a white stone the other white with a black stone. Legends say that the stone’s of each dagger were made from the stolen eyes of the Light and the Dark. The truth however is Yin found them while walking along an old road side and thought they were pretty.

Personality: Remorseful, yet cruel. Yin is trying to make amends for his past, but uses the methods he learnt from his dark days with frightful efficiency on his new enemies.

Race: Lost Soul

Allegiance:The Light

Class/Rank: Trickster

Element: Shadow and smoke.

Yin had been born to the Darkness. Made to live and breed hatred and fear, Yin revelled in the rush of killing and bloodshed. Using his gifts and cunning, Yin lured his opponents straight into his hands. By the time his enemies were aware of what was happening, it was already too late.

Yin refuses to speak of what transpired that allowed him to free his mind; often resulting in brief outburst of anger when questioned.
Yin now fights for the light, using his skills with lethal efficiency. Often treated as an outcast and freak, Yin doesn’t get along with most people. However, this suits him just fine as he prefers the company of a select few.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#6 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Perhaps an 'allegiance' line in the CS might be a good addition if we're going to see different races crossing their former overlords?
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#7 Post by Transient Truth »

Is this RP still open? If so, I will post my character here later.
Why am I always so slow when it comes to RPs I feel interested in?
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#8 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Name: Peitrus "the Bloody" Winterleaf
Appearance: Red-tinted skin(from his literal bloodbaths), with tied-back black hair and a tangled, knotty three foot beard. Generally wears dented, bloodstained armor, otherwise wears nothing but a set of long underwear that covers all of his body but hands, feet, and head. He stands at a surprising 7'1, and has a shoulderspan of nearly three feet. He weighs 698 pounds of equal fat and muscle.

Weapon: The self-proclaimed Hammer of Fate, a massive warhammer to match Peitrus's massive body. The handle is about six feet in length, and nearly half a foot in diameter, while the head of the hammer is the size of a child. One side of the hammer is made like a meat mallet, and is used to fit a similar purpose: mashing his enemies into a paste. The other side is shaped like a horrified face, stained with the blood of the Lightfoe.

Personality: Sadistic and headstrong, Peitrus basks in defeating his enemies, seeing them driven before him, and hearing the lamentations of their women. Some of the people who know him most can call him, without a doubt, totally and unforgivingly evil. He also really, really likes blood, if you catch my drift.

Allegiance:The Darkness

Class/Rank: Brute

Element: Stone and steam.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#9 Post by Myperson54 »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Edge McEdgey

So uh, your character is shorter than Andre the Giant by 3 inches, but 200lbs heavier, and has a body fat percentage that's double what it should be for his age. His BMI is 68, which is 1.7x "Very Severely Obese", and a higher number than you'll find on any BMI chart anywhere. The cube-square law is wreaking havoc on his skeleton every time he moves, and he's likely already died of heart problems by the age of 29.

The fact that he can lift such an unrealistically large hammer (which look like this, not this) is amazing, considering he can hardly move his arms as they are.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#10 Post by Lief »

Bwaa, I can't help but feel like your character is what happens when you play Fable, kill all the things, and subsist off nothing but Crunchy Chicks.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#11 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

To be totally honest..

That was a troll. I'm not actually too interested in this, and that's not because it isn't good! I think it could really go somewhere great. But, the whole Light v Dark has been told hundreds of times, and I'd rather be a part of something different than that.

I mean, come on. This is just too ridiculous to pass any checks, especially here. I was just extremely bored, and I thought we could have a laugh before I thought up another character and pondered some on whether or not Iwould submit it.

And, iI admit that it started out serious, but I soon realized what a Gary Stu he was and decided, "Meh, [censored] it."

I apologize. That was immature of me, I should've just started over with the sheet. I hope that I might be able to make another one, most definitely a more serious, realistic, non-godmode one.

Edit: And, when I play Fable, I do indeed make my character as fat as humanly possible. It's just hilarious to see this big, morbidly obese dude kicking [censored]. I often play a more realistic hero(?) on my first playthrough, though.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#12 Post by y7h65 »

That's like, a massive dick thing to do. I mean I will admit I do entertain and use the occasional gag or joke character but I will do so seriously. Not make a massively troll character just for [censored] and giggles. And I'm not going to especially do that to an RP I'm not interested in. Massive dick move buddy, massive dick move.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

midnightblink
Council Member

#13 Post by midnightblink »

I've never actually done a roleplay before, but it seems like fun. I'll probably suck at first so please be gentle on me (;_;)

Name: Percival Lueur

Appearance: 5'5" with a slim build, short blond hair, and dark green eyes. He has pale skin that's cold to the touch, and he has a look of seriousness on him all the time. On his back are a pair of slightly frayed white wings. He prefers not to where a shirt because of them, but in combat he wears tough leather armor made to fit around his wings. He wears a necklace with the symbol of the Light on it at all times

Personality: Fiercely loyal to the Darkness, although every time he kills he shows great remorse, but feels as if it is his duty to do as such. He does not show the same cruelty as other Lost Ones, and only kills those in his way or if the Darkness commands it. Very intelligent, he has shown great tactical skill and has risen in the ranks, although not to the level of general.

Weapons: Two short swords gifted to him by the Darkness, made of Eternal Ice. One is clear white and 4" longer than the other, which he calls "Diamant", the other is a dark blue and he calls it "Saphir". Together they are known as "Les Bijoux des Ténèbres"

Allegiance: The Darkness

Class: Valkyrie

Element: Ice

Bio: Percival's father was killed soon after he was born after fighting in the war, and was raised by his mother on a small farm. She was a very kind woman, and devoutly worshiped the Light, keeping her prized necklace of the Light on her every day. Percival followed her beliefs, shunning the Darkness and only praying to the Light. Percival was happy with his life, until one day when his mother fell ill of a currently incurable disease. She lay in great pain for days, Percival never leaving her side and praying to the Light to save her. It was no use, there was nothing he could do. Just before she died, she gave him her necklace to him to always remember her by. After she lay unmoving, Percival broke into a fit of rage and sadness, cursing the Darkness for taking his mother from him. It was then that the Darkness appeared to him in mortal form, and began to comfort him. He told Percival about his importance in the natural order and how all things must stay balanced. The kindness the Darkness showed convinced Percival of it's good intentions, a kindness the Light had not shown him. He still keeps his mother's necklace, as a reminder of her, and the day when the Light forsook him. From that day forth, he traveled the land, speaking of the Darkness's importance in the world. Most places rejected him, not wanting to believe the things he said, and he began to see people tipping the scales, only embracing the Light. It was then that he decided that the only way to restore balance was to give himself to the Darkness, and so it was that he gave himself willingly to become a Lost Soul. For this sacrifice, the Darkness gifted him his two swords which he named "Le Bijoux des Ténèbres" for their brilliance. Now, he works loyally for his generals and the Darkness, never disobeying orders, but retaining the part of him that still makes him feel human.
Primum Non Nocere

.normal.human.
Traveler

#14 Post by .normal.human. »

Is this rp still open?
Hello! I am .normal.human.!
You can call me Winger

Transient Truth
Traveler

#15 Post by Transient Truth »

So here is my char sheet... Hope this thing isn't dead yet...
Name: Zephyr Shepherd(Preferred to be called by last name)
Appearance: Black fedora and unbuttoned trench coat, Gary Stu style. Leather combat boots and a pair of goggles with several multicolored scopes above his eyes. Wears a crumpled shirt and army green long pants inside his trench coat. Has a pair of milky blue eyes.
Personality: Mainly optimistic, although
Weapon: He mainly uses his power over animals, even naming a wolf that he had gotten close to as Lyall, who travels with him. He uses a steampunk style magnum which fires plasma but reloads quite slowly, so it is an emergency weapon. And he also carries a variety of potions, but strangely, although he brews well, he usually does not make them himself.
Race: Human/Guardian(Not technically)
Class/Rank: Instructor (Technically he is a mercenary[Or more formally called, civilian advisor], but under his current contract his position was that of a instructor.)
Element: Light, Spirits, Thunder
Shepherd was born in a modestly well-off family before the Monochrome Wars, and since then not only he has been popular with his parents, but even more with the animals in the family. He had bonded well with the family guard dog at first sight, and his father was surprised that Shepherd could even tame a violent wild mare by himself without any training.
Although their family did not care much about politics and all the stuff with the two Creators, their home was attacked one night, killing everyone inside except for Shepherd, who rode away in the mare he tamed. But before he left, he could see Lost Ones in the crackling firelight.(Although now even he wasn't sure if the Lost Ones were responsible for the attack.)
Arriving in another city, he was taken in by one of his father's friends, in exchange that Shepherd was to run some errands once in a while. The friend, however, was recruited for the army against the Lost Ones and entrusted the house to Shepherd. Shepherd, however, had to make money for himself and his experience with the errands(Which some are dangerous as well) plus his powers led to him to become a successful mercenary.
His fame grew and eventually the military gave him a contract as an Instructor. Seeing the money worth, Shepherd took on the task and had been serving the Human Army since.(Although he still retained his freelance status. Sometimes he woukd go on detours in missions to finish other tasks, and when he had free time he would go on other missions)
Name: Libra Kamigami(Original name unknown)
Appearance: Pale with sparkling sapphire eyes. Usually wears a white ceremonial gown/dress with intricate black calligraphy on it. She wears a blue tabard over her dress which also has calligraphy on it, but this time it is in white.
Personality: Cold and distant, harbors a great hatred for the others of her kind.
Weapon: A war staff with a sharp spear point at one end and a small sharp hexagonal orange crystal on the other end which is fixed in place. It is made of light magical conductive material. She uses yin-yang orbs as her weapons as well, using them either as a shield or to shoot projectiles.(Guess who I ripped off this time?)And ravens. She could call on ravens to mob you. Yep.
Race: Human
Class/Rank: General(Lost Ones)
Element: Light, Darkness
Libra was separated from her parents at a young age, when the Monochrome Wars had not even started. She, however, was chosen to be a priestess after demonstration of her powers. Since then, she had been serving both Light and Darkness, and still did when humanity began to lose faith in their creators. She had preached extensively, hoping that her fellow humans could repent, but of course not much listen to her, even shunning her for her belief. She even was attacked several times just because of her belief. This has led to her beginning to hate her fellow brethren. She turned herself into her prayers and studies and soon became one of Darkness’ disciples. She was given a high rank and rose rather quickly despite her human origin. Years of fighting had turned her cold and merciless, and she now listens only to Darkness’ orders.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant