Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

#121 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Midnightblink hasn't been logged in for a few days now, I would guess computer issues like last time.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#122 Post by Hotep the psychic »

thought id ask if i could join but looks like ill send the GM a pm instead on topic....

also hi amoeba long time no see!
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#123 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Hello, hotep.

If it's alright I'm going to post without Midnight, he still hasn't read my PM and more importantly hasn't been online since the 17th. I'll post in a few days, most likely.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

JoshtheOverlander

#124 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Go ahead, Amoeba.
Chicken Curry is the best thing EVER!!!

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#125 Post by Hotep the psychic »

ok question whats the character ratio on whos light and whos dark? this is so i can choose a side easier.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#126 Post by The Rookie »

So far it's about 3 light and 4 dark, I think.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#127 Post by y7h65 »

Light side we have Josh's two characters and Rookie's one. Dark side we have Tyendinaga, Amoeba, and I. Midnight is debatable as he is currently not around.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#128 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Alright then. Thanks I'll have my CS posted when able.

JoshtheOverlander

#129 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Take your time.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#130 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Name: Trevor "Hellsscythe" Hamsptead
Appearance: Dirty blonde, shoulder-length. Cold blue, droopy eyes, tan skin, tan build. Normally wears light clothing. Burn marks over his back.
Weapon: Death's hidden blade: A scythe Said to be fashioned by the souls it defeats, its honed blade once said to cut through anything like death itself.
Light and dark: two scimitars of opposing colorations used in deadly combination of attacks and speed.
Race: Lost soul
Class/Rank: Reaper/ Former general
Element: Darkness and fire
Affiliation: Neutral/Dark

Bio: After much time and training Trevor had become one of the highest Lost souls to the few of a new class in the war. Reapers, known for there wide attacks and use of scythes in battle these masters of darkness and one other element were to dominate the battlefield and bring a new stand on the term Darkness brings death. However being so few there was going to be downfalls to this, Each Reaper had to have trained and born during the monochrome war, they had to have been in battle or had experience fighting. with this out there were only 100 reapers made but each was deadly, each could take on hundreds of soldiers at once and still have yet to be defeated and seemingly never back down from a challenge, each one could use the dark as an extension of themselves, and fully grasp what it meant to be death themselves. But this power became their downfall to many. Power bred them to be hungry for more and would kill themselves facing army's alone. They were stubborn and even against impossible odds became martyrs to the dark.

But things like everything, changed. After a battle that captured people of the light and assimilated them They began to rebuild the Reapers once more. Among them was trevor a neutral man of battle who ided with the light to fight against the dark however with his experiences they turned him, and for much of his life he worked, trained, harrowed in pain and suffereing to become a reaper of the dark, a servant of death. He was only doing what he needed to live and had become one of The best, commanding forces and training others to be as strong or as grand a repear he was. Untill the moment, he turned himself between sides. And in one swift act broke the battle line to stop a war and vanished. He made himself a phantom, unknown to all who presumed him dead or turned to the light. but he would walk among both sides, The general of the dark and a known Reaper to all, Hellscythe, The phantom, The true Reaper of darkness.

(hows this look?)

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#131 Post by y7h65 »

Well, first of all, from the top. The Monochrome War is still ongoing. So your character would still be relatively new/recent. Second of all, I don't think introducing a completely new unbalancing factor of the world like your backstory 'Reapers' is a bit of a bad taste move. Third of all, can you just please choose a side and stick with it? I think it's completely unnecessary that you be Neutral/Dark Aligned, especially given how the sides are a bit unbalanced in terms of numbers of RPers right now.

Personally, I think it's just a bit ridiculous that your character is described as being a one man army and capable of ending a war just by changing sides in the middle of a battle. That's just so stupidly powerful its both unfun for everyone else and gamebreaking on so many levels.

Also, if Amoeba doesn't post by Friday, I'm going to post.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#132 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

When I said 'a few days' that was code for 'I lied.' Exam scheduling gives me time on late Thursday to post. Also Hotep, you should consider joining the Light side. Although we're even on characters, if Midnight returns it'll be 2 to 5 in player count. As we stand it's 2 Light to 3 Dark, not including you, Hotep.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#133 Post by Hotep the psychic »

i feel the story as an exageration of their strength to be honest, and sure ill join the light side and think of a different backstory bio for the charcter so it doesnt seem ridiculous.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#134 Post by y7h65 »

If his strength is an exaggeration then you should have some indication within your bio that notes it very clearly you are exaggerating his strength, not j ust have everyone else assume it or use it as a defense.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

JoshtheOverlander

#135 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUARDIANS AND LOST ONES!!!