Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

JoshtheOverlander

Re: Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

#46 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

No problem at all. It was job as GM. I couldn't refuse to answer questions. If this RP is to start, I need to make sure that my participants are informed. If you have any further questions, I'll try to answer them the best I can.
Chicken Curry is the best thing EVER!!!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#47 Post by The Rookie »

How many players were you aiming for ? Cause at the moment it seems like you have half the forum interested :roll:

Aside from you've pretty much answered everything I can think of. Thanks
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

JoshtheOverlander

#48 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

:grin: Love the picture you put along with your question. To be honest, I wasn't sure how many I wanted for the story. In fact, I usually just put up the rules and the story and the CS and waited before getting things going. The number of people that joined varied every time andI usually just put up with however many people decided to take part. These forums, however, as I've learned, are different. I need to be more detailed with the story and the rules. And, from your question, I judge that I also need to set a player limit at times. Am I wrong?

Transient Truth
Traveler

#49 Post by Transient Truth »

@
y7h65 wrote:Spero, Transient has a steampunk plasma magnum. That's three different type of settings (Steampunk, Sci-Fi, and Western/Modern) worth of weapons jammed into a single one. Meanwhile, everyone else has swords, spears, and other similar weapons. That is quite a bit of discrepancy that needs to be addressed since that is a rather insane jump in technology level when compared to other characters.
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:I had assumed so, SperoWolf, but that raises the question as to why we aren't using more guns. The immediate answer is that guns haven't been able to keep up, but that's kind of a cop-out. Especially since massed gunfire should almost certainly be able to murder most anything who isn't Magneto, doubly so if we can actually weaponize plasma. (Even if only on what appears to be a prototype level) I'd be a little concerned about OP powers if most of us can hear bullets coming and dodge like Neo.
Well... Sorry for causing so much trouble with that weapon of mine. In order to compensate for the insane weapon, I could nerf it a bit if you guys do think it is too OP for a character... by adding a charge time to my weapon. Or, if it is still not enough, I could opt to switch into a bow and arrow which fires electric bolts.
So the charge time works like this, if you guys do think the guns needs nerfing.
The gun would then need to charge for a few seconds or two before discharging, giving your character time to dodge, but to compensate, there will now be four rapid shots than one. Also, I will nerf the gun to make it less accurate.(Due to the recoil of the gun.)
And the thing with mass killing, no. It won't happen here. The gun may be OP, but as I stated before, it is not a assault rifle. It could only spew a few payloads before it overheats and the user will either need to wait for the heat sink to cool down, or to eject it and insert a new one in.(Number of heat sinks are limited due to it's size and fragility, so not much are often brought.) So it is just a secondary weapon.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#50 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I'm not upset that you have the weapon so much as confused, since it raises all kinds of strange questions about how you got it.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

.normal.human.
Traveler

#51 Post by .normal.human. »

By CS do you mean Chicken smoothie?
Hello! I am .normal.human.!
You can call me Winger

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#52 Post by y7h65 »

Nope, Player Limits aren't actually that common/useful. You may, however, want to not let anyone else join since we are starting to get slightly large.

Transient, GM said it's fine to have a gun that fires your element. How plasma is an element of light, thunder, and spirits is beyond me but it's not that big of an issue. Also, why would a plasma weapon have strong recoil in the first place? Recoil comes from Newton's Third Law. A force that changes a bullets velocity from 0 m/s to 450 m/s generates an equal amount of force in the opposite direction. Plasma is just energized gas. Not enough mass to create any amount of meaningful recoil. The mass killing was also in direct reference to Spero mentioning how the Gun could have been invented recently, to which I can only point out that history tends to show otherwise.

If I were you, I'd be more worried that both of your characters are now more than a century old. GM said the monochrome wars have been underway for at least a century. Both your characters were born before that. You might want to fix or change that.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

.normal.human.
Traveler

#53 Post by .normal.human. »

Can someone please post the url for the topic? I am sorry if this troubles you too much.
You can call me Winger

.normal.human.
Traveler

#54 Post by .normal.human. »

Thanks!
You can call me Winger

Transient Truth
Traveler

#55 Post by Transient Truth »

y7h65 wrote: Transient, GM said it's fine to have a gun that fires your element. How plasma is an element of light, thunder, and spirits is beyond me but it's not that big of an issue. Also, why would a plasma weapon have strong recoil in the first place? Recoil comes from Newton's Third Law. A force that changes a bullets velocity from 0 m/s to 450 m/s generates an equal amount of force in the opposite direction. Plasma is just energized gas. Not enough mass to create any amount of meaningful recoil. The mass killing was also in direct reference to Spero mentioning how the Gun could have been invented recently, to which I can only point out that history tends to show otherwise.
Well... I'm just merely providing a way to prevent autohit,
Plasma is only tied to the thunder element, as plasma is a energized gas, as you said. Electricity flows through the gas and high voltage is needed to energize the gas to make it plasma. That's how it ties to thunder.(Well... More precisely it should be Electricity. But my brain checked out at that time.)
And if you don't like the recoil, I could remove it, make it negligible as it is just a nerf anyway. But you should take a look at this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlikeimf ... ve_recoil/
y7h65 wrote:If I were you, I'd be more worried that both of your characters are now more than a century old. GM said the monochrome wars have been underway for at least a century. Both your characters were born before that. You might want to fix or change that.
Mhm. I guess the GM overlooked that. I would edit it soon. Thanks for the tip though.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#56 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

My apologies for the delay. If there are issues, let me know and I'll adjust/explain. I'm not trying to outdo anyone or be the most powerful.

Name:
Anne Nilva

Appearance:
Stands 5'7.
Anne's clothing is far more sturdy than appearances suggest, offering protection on par of that with obviously armored warriors. This is in part reinforced by the gifts of the Darkness, allowing her to block blows with a seemingly frail gauntlet. Her long ponytail is detachable, one of her few vanities.

Weapon:
Tenacity and Fortitude
As shown in her appearance image, Anne wields a pair of masterfully crafted weapons which integrate shield and sword into a pair of flexible tools of combat. Although the core sword may be withdrawn and used alone, she prefers to act defensively. These weapons are extremely tough, and will stand against almost any attack without damage. Their weight is considerable, lending themselves to offensive moves without the need to split apart into its components. The shields may project a defensive field when defending against a larger assault becomes necessary, and she can manipulate them for more effective protection.

The Will of One
Towers at 9'2.
This monstrous form is akin to the physical manifestation of her ironclad will. Consisting of the same durable material as her shields, she will resort to this body to defend her allies, with her former body largely replaced by metal and hardened bone. As the greater size would suggest, she is considerably less quickfooted and must leap great distances if she wishes to move with haste. Curiously, when in this form, she is a hairsbreadth from transforming once more.

Endless Rage
Retains her original height of 5'7.
Weapons entirely subsumed, determination shattered and rebuilt into fury, Anne resorts to her magic and brute strength. The temperature around her rises to searing heights as both magic and heat press down oppressively on the area, and those within a few feet will be set aflame if not resistant to the wrath of a volcano given life. Her own flesh is a mass of flame and molten rock, twisting and shifting to ignore fatal injury. If her own body is extinguished within and without, she returns to sanity greatly weakened by the power necessary to fuel such a wasteful transformation. However, if left to her own will, she will consume those around her to feed the flames.

Personality:
"Understood. Stay behind me, sir. I will shield you from the attack."
In proper life, Anne was a soldier with the discipline and loyalty of a thousand. Through grievous injuries or unspeakable horror, she remained an iron pillar against any test of her will. Her shield would never falter, bearing the brunt of a hundred mighty blows without complaint. Although she did not have the talent for leadership, her unwavering strength was always a source of inspiration and shared courage among her fellows. Even so, she was still human, and was able to relax with friends, sharing jokes and wryly tolerating silliness. This portrait of the ideal soldier has not vanished with her fall, and would seem untouched to the unknowing. Loyal and respectful to her commanders without question, Anne would make a fine officer if not for the massive flaw in her psyche.

"YOUR CHARRED FLESH WILL SLOUGH FROM YOUR SHATTERED BONES!"
Her mind was twisted by the might of something infinitely more powerful, an once unyielding wall now barely keeping the seething hatred within from raging endlessly until everything-foe, friend, innocent, guilty, Light, Darkness, all has been incinerated. Her outwardly serious and disciplined behavior is a brittle cap on an endless roiling fury which can erupt if her self-control wavers for even a moment.

Once unfettered, she will attempt to kill everything she can find, starting with enemies but moving onto allies and even those she calls friend if nothing else is to be found, only ceasing if forcefully subdued or nothing remains to be put to the flame in her sight. Anne does not fly into a rage over minor annoyances or even the chaos of battle, and she can still be as sociable as necessary. But as the Guardians and Lost Souls can both attest, fleeing on sight is a wise choice for anyone not willing to burn when her temper is loosed.

Race:
Lost Soul

Allegiance:
The Darkness
Anne is staunchly loyal to the Darkness when not gripped by madness.

Class/Rank:
Paladin/Brute
Although fit for the rank of General by skill, her rages make Anne completely incapable of wide-scale command. She is usually dispatched on raids and light skirmishes, her presence used as a threat of escalation to distract enemies, often to extract operatives or other raiders.

Element:
Heat/Earth/Darkness
In order of descending skill. Anne cannot manipulate worked earth such as forged metals and glass without extreme strain, unless she has extensive contact with the specific objects in question. Her control over Darkness is largely in that of stealth and personal protection, rather than offensive.

Bio:
Anne is a former Guardian, fallen and twisted into a mockery of their ideals. Her corruption was through accumulated despair and hopeless rage at what she saw as a pointless war waged between two powers that to her eyes only harmed humans-at least the Darkness was clear about its intentions. Even as she kept stalwart in the face of the brutal, endless war, Anne grew resentful of the Light, questioning its benevolence and honesty, asking why it could not do more for humans, to save them from the Darkness. Not for a moment did she consider betraying her duties, but the seething frustration built and built as lifelong friends vanished in battle, far too many reappearing under the Darkness' banner. After yet another of her closest comrades was put down by her own hand, Anne snapped. Raving and shrieking, she clawed at her own skin, and fire burst to life from the wounds. The maddened Guardian turned against the Light, rampaging among their lines until suddenly fleeing from the battlefield.

She would reappear as a soldier of the Darkness mere days later, her determination and stoicism renewed. Although aware of her own treachery, Anne's usual reaction to extended questioning is typically to incinerate those who ask, and few are willing to attempt diplomacy with a Lost Soul who so easily resorts to brutality when sensitive issues are breached. Currently, Anne is used as a handler for Rozalis Aerius to keep her in line during missions as well as to prevent friendly casualties in the event of Anne herself flying into a murderous rage. Shuyin Lee often accompanies the duo, despite Anne's distaste for his shaky loyalty.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#57 Post by y7h65 »

Transient, I did say there was recoil. Just a negligible amount of it. It's right there in my quote.

Anyways, here's my Character.

Name:
Rozalis Aerius

Appearance:
Standing at 5'3", Rozalis is often dressed informally; cutting uniforms and clothing to the bare minimum required to be considered decent. This is partially due to her natural aptitude for stealth, forest movement, and her own fashion preference. She is quite a bit stronger than her lithe build suggests but suffers slightly to dexterity as a result. She has rather acute and sharp hearing.

Argath is in its feng huo lun mode in this picture.

Weapon:
Argath:
A weapon best described as a multitool or transforming weapon, it is a combination of recurve bow, a feng huo lun, and can be used as a double sided saber in bow mode if required. The entirety of it can shift and change with components receding into the weapon or exposing themselves as Rozalis requires it to, usually staying in it's smaller feng huo lun mode when in storage. An extremely specialized weapon it is pretty damn hard if not impossible to get the weapon to properly switch modes without proper training, never mind using it in combat. She is skilled in the use of the weapon in all its modes but prefers the recruve bow mode.

For arrows, she generally prefers to use a simple four blade barbed broadhead for general purpose wounding and killing. She does carry a limited selection of hardened bodkin point arrows for when she needs even higher penetration power than normal but those situations are rare.

Carvar
A pair of guard-less knives that she carries on her boots, they are about eight inches long overall with a six inch long blade. They resemble kitchen knives more than combat knives and have a serrated two inch section. They are notably not designed to act as weapon and are meant for use as survival tools. Of course they are rather useful as weapons but they are primarily meant for survival use and not combat use. Doesn't stop her from making very extensive use of them.

Battle State
Rozalis can transmutate most of her dermis, all of her epidermis, and her clothes into a metallic layer while creating a helm and ear coverings for her head for when extra protection and defenses are more important than speed and accuracy. As tough as iridum alloyed metal, slightly heavier than steel plate while remaining as flexible as chain, and with a low thermal conductivity but high specific heat capacity; Roazlis turns from an agile sniper and marksman into a slower but unstopping siege engine. Her armour doesn't always dispel when she wants it to and is also rather isolating, possibly driving her likely insanity even further.

Alchemical Mixtures
While Rozalis is by no means an alchemist, she does know enough tricks and wildlife survival to let her mix some concoctions. While they're generally harmless and more medicinal than harmful, she does have quite a few paralytic and hallucinogenic poisons for use on her arrows and blades. She is extremely fond of using them to set up her so called 'hunts'.

Personality:
"It's all right! It'll only hurt a little~ But then you'll really feel it! And then not as bad again. Then it'll really kick in."
Rozalis was a very big believer in heroes, honour, and justice. She was, and still is, also extremely high energy. Like a squirrel, she seems to flit effortlessly from one subject to another and move from one location to another. While she generally means well she has been described as annoying and a bit of a pain in the neck to be around for too long. In combat and serious situations she retains this cheerful and bright outlook on life, which can be a bit disconcerting as she fires arrow after arrow at just the right places to maim or fatally injure a target.

Naturally, when she fell she became a bit of a dark reflection of her former self. While Rozalis still believes in what she used to and acts more or less the same way she did before, there is a lot more ruthlessness and callousness behind her actions. Also more than just a bit of bloodthirstiness. She now tirelessly stalks her designated target, usually a self proclaimed hero of sorts, and ensures that they never fall short of her impossibly high standards as to what counts as a hero. If they do, then they can expect an arrow through the heart or poisoned food in short order. Similarly while she still upholds honour as a value, she is no longer as interested as remaining honourable as she is in ensuring that everyone around her remains honourable. Betrayal, dirty fighters, and those that fail to uphold their words are among her most hated enemies and they can, once again, expect an arrow or a dagger in the back in short order if any cross her sight. Finally the justice she pursues is less justice and fairness for all but more vengeance and spite. She would rather kill a killer than to stop the killing.

The only person apparently exempt from these judgments is her friend, Anne Nilva. Anne is also one of the few people Rozalis sees as having authority.

Race:
Guardian?/Lost Soul?

Allegiance:
The Darkness, though she often attacks targets that are also aligned to the Dark if she is not told to avoid attacking them.

Class/Rank:
Soldier?/Archer?

Element:
Kinetic Force, Metallic Elements, and Darkness
Rozalis is extremely well versed in the application of her two main elements, Kinetic Force and Metallic Elements. However, she only appears to be capable of using certain aspects of Darkness Magic. Whether or not this is due to lack of practice, failure to completely fall to darkness, or just simply her only wanting to master certain aspects is unknown. She has an unmatched grasp on mental attack magics, namely ones that cause fear, anxiety, and paranoia.

Bio:
Rozalis is what most would call a sad reminder of what happens when you don't follow the principle of 'no man left behind', especially when facing an enemy that is more than capable of corrupting the most stalwart of people. Roazlis was a rather normal and not particularly noteworthy Guardian Trainee in most fields. Lower than expected academic performance but average or decent grades, an inability to listen to superior training officers, and a disregard for uniform regulations. Almost guaranteed to be a washout were it not for her extremely high combat and independent recon potential. While she displayed mediocre to decent performance in classrooms and in professional situations, her performance in field exercises and training marked her out as a highly competent and deadly marksman; superb tracker and survivalist; and a incredibly stealthy person when required. She was more or less a nonpresence in the class room but was a vicious warrior when she was allowed free reign to complete assignments as she saw fit in the fields, in the forest, and in cities that she went through in her training.

Upon being deployed she and her squad were assigned on a simple and easy mission. They were supposed to scout out a supposed Lost Ones infestation and then report back their findings. She took her position as the long range recon element and marksman and they departed. Instead of an infestation they found an ambush, a trap to capture as many Guardians as possible. Her squad was forced to evacuate before the trap could be closed. While they lost a few people in the initial ambush, Rozalis was not one of them. Rather, she elected to stay behind to buy the rest of her squad time to evacuate with the promise to either be right behind them or to take a longer way back. The Squad Leader agreed, believing that she could actually pull it off. While Rozalis dashed off in a different direction, making as much noise and killing as much as possible, her Squad ran away with the expectation to see her back at base.

She never made it back.

Tears were shed, sad speeches were given, and an empty casket was buried. However, a year later, reports of Guardians being stalked and hunted down started making their way back to those higher up the command chain. While much more brutal than what she was previously shown to be capable of, all evidence pointed at Rozalis being the culprit. By the time they realized, most of her original squad was already dead or fallen and she was no longer a threat that could be easily contained. Ever since then she has been appearing in random places all over the front and, more alarmingly, even behind it with little rhyme or reason as to why she is where she is. While not all of her appearances have had a kill attached to it, each of her appearances have managed to eliminate a potential threat to the Darkness; even if they are not killed. However it has also been noticed that she will also hunt and stalk Lost Ones or Lost Souls that fit her criteria if she is not around someone she recognizes as having authority. She is currently working with Anne Nilva and Shuyin Lee as a group of relatively high power, but shaky allegiance, soldiers being kept in leash by Anne.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

#58 Post by Tyendinaga »

- NAME:
Shuyin Lee

- APPEARANCE:
Shuyin Stands at 5'11" and weighs in at around 176 Pounds. He possesses a head of long fiery red hair kept back in a pony-tail and black eyes. Tends to forgo heavier armour, preferring to stick with the lightweight and highly flexible garments associated with his Martial Arts. Despite appearing somewhat Lithe, underneath his clothes is a body of iron built with explosive power and flexibility in mind. Though unseen he possesses a fair number of scars, souvenirs of various skirmishes and battles.

- WEAPON:
Rejecting all offers by Darkness, Shuyin fights solely under his own power.

- RACE:
Lost Soul

- ALLEGIANCE:
The Darkness

General

- ELEMENT:
Darkness, Earth, Air

- COMBAT STYLE:
In combat Shuyin doesn't tend to be very flashy or Impressive. He doesn't throw around his power like some sort of brute, nor does he rely on underhanded parlour tricks to tip things into his favour; Perhaps its due to his personality that he prefers to fight it out up close and in person. The overall focus is efficiency, using the minimal amount of power necessary to get the largest effect. Because of this he tends to sacrifice range and breadth of attack, focusing on singular targets and delivering his blows at point blank range.

Stylistically He relies heavily on heavy striking attacks, complicated grapples, and locks; Breaking bones, necks, and spirits all at once. He's also not above making use of improvised weaponry when necessary, using bottles, furniture, chains, Helmets stolen mid battle; Weapons taken off of downed enemies are also fair game but oft discarded quickly. He's also an expert in using environmental factors and can be expected to do what he can to use his environment to his advantage.

Shuyin doesn't tend to rely on Magic as heavily as those around him, preferring to rely on his own capabilities when possible though dipping into his magic when necessary. He tends to use his powers over Air and Earth for largely utility and defensive purposes, creating footholds where there are none, and using the winds for evasion. Offensively he prefers to use the Darkness of his own spirit as his primary source of power, strengthening himself, shielding himself, and making powerful pinpoint attacks against Vital area's. Outside of combat he can use it to heal minor wounds and stop the bleeding of larger ones.

- BIOGRAPHY:
Before his fall, Shuyin was a famed martial artist instructor who made his living through his fists and only participated in the Monochrome war in passing. When he wasn't working as an instructor he was traveling the world, fighting in tournaments, challenge other fighters, and put on performances. Though likely results of showmanship he was able to build a reputation for doing the impossible, having been purported to do such things as climb a one-hundred foot cliff with one arm, catch arrows and blades barehanded, and have fought one-hundred and fifty men back to back while blindfolded. Whether such feats were true or not is hard to say. Many things about him had been exaggerated and some outright fabricated.

Despite what many would claim, his fall to Darkness wasn't some grand event. He wasn't betrayed by his people, he didn't have to fight his comrades in a useless war, he didn't have any great crisis of faith to push him to the brink; He fell to darkness because that was what he chose for himself and for his own reasons whatever they may be. Despite his Rank, Yujin's allegiance to Darkness is shaky at best; he considers many of its rank and file to be far too bloodthirsty and psychopathic for their own good and is just as ready to cut his own people down as he is the forces of light.

Currently Shuyin is working alongside a pair named Rozalis and Anne. Though he holds some distaste for the pair due to their antics and beliefs they are far from the least sane people on the side of Darkness. He also does this as to minimize collateral in the event Anne herself flying into a murderous rage.

JoshtheOverlander

#59 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Shuyin and Anne are accepted.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#60 Post by y7h65 »

Any reason why I wasn't accepted that I can fix or edit?
Local Type Moon Fanatic.