Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

JoshtheOverlander

Re: Inverted OOC (Sign-up, Rules, and Discussion)

#16 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

First and foremost, I'm sorry that for those of you not interested that my RP didn't pique your interests. I have to admit this is quite a cliched forum. So, I hope that next time I make an RP, that it'll be much more interesting.
That said, I have to thank those of you who made characters for my forum in spite of that. Thank you so much.
Chicken Curry is the best thing EVER!!!

JoshtheOverlander

#17 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Percival, Zephyr, Yin, and Libra are all accepted. I hope you enjoy yourselves.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#18 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I'd really like to get the elaboration I requested, along with a few other questions:
Some additional info would be good. Stuff like where these training houses are, if both sides have the same system, different systems, rankings beyond what you've given us, the rules of engagement, the tech levels present, what magic is like here, a bio for both of your characters, if the Lost/Darkness are actually evil or just a different perspective, how much of our minds the Lost Souls still have, if non-aligned humans have powers, what kind of power is 'Darkness' or 'Light' entail, (Shadow jumping? Solid shadow, like Naruto? Beams of magical burning light? Teleportation, long-range vision, etc) how does changing sides work if you're a Lost Soul/Guardian, are Lost Souls actually immortal or just revived mortals, does either grant you powers beyond simply the element or is the element itself inherent to humans now, etc, etc.
EDIT: When I say immortal for Lost Souls, I don't mean eternally invincible so much as Tolkien-style, where they'll live forever so long as nothing fatal happens like a sword in the face.
EDIT2: Wait, am I crazy, or did you only write six Lost Soul classes despite saying seven? Valkyrie, Paladin, Trickster, Archer, Brute, and General.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#19 Post by y7h65 »

I also got a character in the works but I would like the previous questions answered as well.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#20 Post by The Rookie »

Actually while we're asking questions: How are Darkness players and Light Players going to interact ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#21 Post by Twippit »

I also wish to know more about this game.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

JoshtheOverlander

#22 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:I'd really like to get the elaboration I requested, along with a few other questions:
Some additional info would be good. Stuff like where these training houses are, if both sides have the same system, different systems, rankings beyond what you've given us, the rules of engagement, the tech levels present, what magic is like here, a bio for both of your characters, if the Lost/Darkness are actually evil or just a different perspective, how much of our minds the Lost Souls still have, if non-aligned humans have powers, what kind of power is 'Darkness' or 'Light' entail, (Shadow jumping? Solid shadow, like Naruto? Beams of magical burning light? Teleportation, long-range vision, etc) how does changing sides work if you're a Lost Soul/Guardian, are Lost Souls actually immortal or just revived mortals, does either grant you powers beyond simply the element or is the element itself inherent to humans now, etc, etc.
EDIT: When I say immortal for Lost Souls, I don't mean eternally invincible so much as Tolkien-style, where they'll live forever so long as nothing fatal happens like a sword in the face.
EDIT2: Wait, am I crazy, or did you only write six Lost Soul classes despite saying seven? Valkyrie, Paladin, Trickster, Archer, Brute, and General.
(Before I begin, I feel I must apologize for my mediocrity. I left out so much and I have to answer so much because I neglected to give this information from the very beginning. I'm sorry.)
Yes, I accidentally wrote seven when I only had six. Silly me. I edited that to fix it up. I also edited the training house thing. The trainee houses were built from old village houses that were wrecked during raids a few years back. Training, exercising, and sparring takes place outside of the area in a field neighboring the village. As for the ranking system of Lost Souls, there are three rankings. The first is grunts, for Lost Souls that are mindless or instinct prone. These guys are pawns and are only used as distractions. In fact, grunts are rarely ever involved in important events and are usually roaming around. The second is split into the first five Classes, for those Lost Souls that have retained a grip on their minds after turning into Lost Souls. Excluding the General class, which is in a rank of its own, this rank is split up into the previously mentioned Lost Soul classes: Valkyrie, Paladin, Trickster, Archer, and Brute. These guys are more important and are sent on missions, usually involving what their class is strongest in. Valkyries and Archers are typically sent on scouting missions and often attack from a distance when in combat, Brutes and Paladins are always sent on raids or sieges, and Tricksters take on a number of missions involving stealth or intelligence, which usually ends up being assassinations.
The third rank goes to the General class as it is the most intelligent and strongest of the classes. As a higher seat of power, the General has a say in what the lower ranks do and decides whether or not they can attack or if they should retreat and decides upon strategies.
Now, the ranks of the Guardians were edited to trainees, instructors, and soldiers. Trainees are those who are still attempting to perfect their skills as Guardians, calling upon what elements they are capable of commanding, learning combat prowess, learning how to treat injuries, and learning to use your weapon properly, etc.
There's Newbloods, who are relatively new to training and typically haven't learned what their element(s) are or haven't yet summoned their weapon. Then there's the Regulars who are in the middle of their training. They've summoned their weapons and have managed to learn what at least one of their elements are, as well as having the skill to use their weapons well. Finally, there's the Elites. These guys are extremely well-trained and are on their way to becoming soldiers and while they are not yet finished with their training, they can still take up the roles of Instructor assistants. They have mastered their weapons, are quite skilled in both combat and outside ability, and have learned what both their elements are and are quite adept in using them.
Now onto Instructor ranks. These men and women take care of the training of future soldiers or instructors and teach them almost everything they know at whatever pace they want. There are Instructors and Assistants. Instructors are graduated trainees that chose to spend their life passing on what he learned to the next line of young adults, rather than being a full-on soldier. Assistants are skilled trainees that have the right to helping his instructor with lessons, practice, or demonstrations.
Now onto the soldier ranks. This rank is split up into the usual army ranking system, like privates, sergeants, lieutenants, etc. Those who are extremely powerful in skill have a say in what they do. There are some who can even decide when they retire, so long as they've done enough work. However, given their level of power, they're expected to be called upon to rejoin the fight. These exceptional few can even choose to take on a different occupation within the forces.
As for the regular soldiers, the duties they take on depends on what they are. (Sorry, I'm not very good at this)
(I'll answer further questions in the next post.)

.normal.human.
Traveler

#23 Post by .normal.human. »

Can I still join?
Hello! I am .normal.human.!
You can call me Winger

JoshtheOverlander

#24 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Yes, you may.

.normal.human.
Traveler

#25 Post by .normal.human. »

Name: Alisha
Appearance: (Clothing is optional. After all, it's not like your character wears the same thing every time) Alisha is 5'9" with a slim build. She has long, straight hair, the color of coffee beans. She usually wears leather armor with her swords strapped to her waist. Her eyes are a couple shades darker than her hair.
Personality: (Purely optional. You're going to be displaying your character's personality soon anyways, right?)
Weapon: (Must be based off your chosen element) two swords
Race: (Regular Human, Guardian, or Lost Soul) regular human
Class/Rank: (Lost Souls are split into six classes: Valkyrie (Winged Speed type), Paladin (Highly Defensive Type), Trickster (Speedy/Cunning type), Archer (Ranged Fighter Type), Brute (All-Strength Type), and General (A very special class given to the wisest and most skilled Lost Souls) (The Guardians' Ranks are built up of Trainees, Instructors, and Generals) Trainee
Element: (Aside from Light, you can choose only one or two elements of nature to base your character's magic off of) is it ok if she doesn't have an element? She is just really good with her swords.
Hello! I am .normal.human.!
You can call me Winger

JoshtheOverlander

#26 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

I suppose an irregular character is fine. Very well. Accepted.

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

#27 Post by Tyendinaga »

Preparing a character.

JoshtheOverlander

#28 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Accepted.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#29 Post by Transient Truth »

Just one more quick question.
Do Instructors still count as a soldier? Will they fight sometimes too?
And are we going to start the RP soon?
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

JoshtheOverlander

#30 Post by JoshtheOverlander »

Transient Truth wrote:Just one more quick question.
Do Instructors still count as a soldier? Will they fight sometimes too?
And are we going to start the RP soon?
Yes, even though an Instructor's primary duty is to train future soldiers, if they're called on during an important event or crisis, they will have to take on that role.
And yes, we can start whenever you are all ready. Well? Let me know if you are, and we'll begin.