Road to Ditteridge. (OOC)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Hamers8989

Re: Road to Ditteridge. (OOC/Sign up thread)

#16 Post by Hamers8989 »

If you really need a kaidran. I may be willing to change my character to fit that. I'd rather not though but if need be I may be able to.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#17 Post by The Rookie »

Hamers8989 wrote:If you really need a kaidran. I may be willing to change my character to fit that. I'd rather not though but if need be I may be able to.
No, it's fine. I'm happy for anyone to be what ever they want. Just saying a Keidran might make things a bit more interesting, but it's not a necessity.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#18 Post by Ranalf »

I could do a Keidran, though my idea is a Human atm. I'm also going to PM you real quick, Rookie, just to check about something.
Delicious.
Cool story.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#19 Post by The Rookie »

Ranalf wrote:I could do a Keidran, though my idea is a Human atm. I'm also going to PM you real quick, Rookie, just to check about something.
If you're planning on having another human that's totally fine. Don't want you to have to change on my account.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#20 Post by Twippit »

Wow am I late to this party. I totally thought that I'd posted in this thread and that nobody'd responded, which would explain the lack of notifications. Oh well, here I am.

I'm here to help Rook out. You can direct questions to me as necessary/desired and I will attempt to answer them as best as I can.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#21 Post by Myperson54 »

I will be back from my vacation on Wednesday if you still have slots open by that point.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#22 Post by The Rookie »

Appreciate the help Twip.

Now a few of you mentioned wanting to add a few story elements to do with your characters. If you could could message Twippit a brief summary of what you wanted to do, I'm sure he could work it in somewhere.
Sorry for throwing you under the bus like that, mate
Myperson54 wrote:I will be back from my vacation on Wednesday if you still have slots open by that point.
I think we're full at the moment, but if your still interested we could always let you know if someone drops out down the road.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#23 Post by Myperson54 »

The Rookie wrote:Appreciate the help Twip.

Now a few of you mentioned wanting to add a few story elements to do with your characters. If you could could message Twippit a brief summary of what you wanted to do, I'm sure he could work it in somewhere.
Sorry for throwing you under the bus like that, mate
Myperson54 wrote:I will be back from my vacation on Wednesday if you still have slots open by that point.
I think we're full at the moment, but if your still interested we could always let you know if someone drops out down the road.
No worries. I have a lot on my plate as it is. If you need anything though, just send me a PM. I may not have replied, but I did see your post about RPing last week.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

FishWeave
New Citizen

#24 Post by FishWeave »

Is there any open slots left in this game?

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#25 Post by The Rookie »

FishWeave wrote:Is there any open slots left in this game?
Sorry FishWeave, but like I said to Myperson we're kind of full at the moment. Still if anything comes up and someone leaves, I'll be happy to accept new applications.

FishWeave
New Citizen

#26 Post by FishWeave »

That means this is no longer a sign up thread at the moment, just an OOC.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#27 Post by The Rookie »

FishWeave wrote:That means this is no longer a sign up thread at the moment, just an OOC.
Well yes and no. If you'd like to submit an interest or a character sheet, I'd still give it consideration if we'd ever need replacements. Until then, it's pretty much an OOC thread.

Edit: Ok sign ups are over. The thread is now aimed towards OOC content.

Just to avoid future confusion. Ranalf's character has already been confirmed. They pitched their general ideas for the character a while ago (Before Myperson and FishWeave asked) and they've just been tidying things up before finally posting here.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Road to Ditteridge. (OOC)

#28 Post by Ranalf »

Whew, sorry it took so long! Here's my character! I may try my hand at drawing her sometime soon so i can get rid of the lengthy appearance clarifications.

Appearance:This is her. Her hair is a soft dark brown, while her eyes are a limitless sky blue. She doesn't usually wear the clothes in the picture, instead wearing a curiously created robe without the fancy details on the bottom of it, instead favoring just a light trim on the edges as well as modified to have a hood over her head reinforced by leather to expand the hood and hide her horns. It's also colored in a soft blue color. She wears pants and shin-high boots for travelling long distance rather than the sandals and shorts in the picture. She hides her scales with long bandages and hides her tail under her robe.

At her highest, she stands about 5'5 and weighs about 112 lbs.

Name: Miranda. Doesn't really have a last name due to her past.

Species: Human

Languages: Human: Very Fluent, 1st language. Keidran: Fluent for the sake of her studies to learn more magic.

Class/Occupation: Refugee / Target

Equipment:The robe pictured above in her appearance. She also carries around a knapsack to keep her things in. Along side it, she has a pouch of magic crystals, numbering about a dozen she has hidden in the inside of her robe that she took on her way out of the facility, using them to augment her ability.

Skills: Is a mage, so...The entirety of her being?
I-I'm a mage...
Her mind would be her biggest weapon, holding the ability to cast most normal magics and even Dark Magic with no actual drawbacks to herself, though tapping Dark Magic for too long warps her personality for a short time.

Is that so...? I've never read about that...
Due to her very little social experience, she'll take everything without a grain of salt, as she knows there's knowledge not even in a book.

Bibliotaph
Her upbringing gave her a love of books, particularly of Magic and food. If asked of her, she'd be glad to teach certain things she's learned in her time under the Templar, given that she no longer has to abide by their agreements and rules due to being, well...Dishonorably excommunicated and having a not-so-small hit put out on them.

Walking Encyclopedia
Due to her long time of reading books alone, she has knowledge of how to survive and do most things to ensure survival in the wilderness...Too bad the books didn't teach her social skills. Hunting, Cooking, Magic, she can do. Barter or Suspect someone? A bit out of her league, though.

Personality: Her upbringing was rather...Sheltered, so she has little to no actual life experience, making her a bit gullible and awkward. However, if she uses too much Dark magic, she acts a bit more violent and has some blood knight tendencies for a short time afterwards. She has a slight irritation towards Keidran, but mostly from the Templar conditioning under Trace's rule. She herself doesn't remember anything about the village that was slaughtered by Keidran, being one of the youngest of the Siblings.

Background: She's been an orphan for longer than she can remember, her village having been attacked by a Keidran force to test out some magic designed for battle. The village stood no chance, having only a small trained guard to ward away thieves and bandits. By the time the Templars arrived, only a few kids were left, but for some reason, they had an amazing aptitude for Magic. They were taken in by the Templar order, becoming siblings in their studies of magic. They had limited interaction with others other than themselves and their teachers. They were being raised to become top Templar mages, and given their strange abilities, they were shoe-ins to rising the ranks.

However, a different fate awaited them, as under the time of Grand Templar Trace's Insane period, there were some dark magic experiments to grant the great power of Dragons onto humans to turn them into weapons against the Keidran. There was a large underground tournament of non-fatal magic to decide who would be chosen, and Miranda won on a risky gamble against their closest friend in the class. Miranda was the first to be tested on, the experiment using some of the little precious dragon blood they had to splice it into Miranda...And the test was a grand success on the outset. Her capacity of Mana of any type was immense, further boosted by her heightened magic ability from her normally Gifted magician capabilities. Her physical strength increased as well.

However, it had some massive drawbacks. For one, her outer appearance was warped by the magic to look partially like a dragon, and two; even basic spells could cause more damage than intermediate spells with her beefed up abilities. As a result, she was too dangerous to even train with her Study Siblings, forced into her own quarantine where she was taught privately, cut off from almost all human interaction and tested stuff against training dummies exclusively, causing her abilities to be unable to flourish, though they were still mighty.

It would be a few months after the disappearance of the Grand Templar that Miranda was abandoned as a 'failed project' and had an assassination bounty called on her. She quickly wrapped the warped parts under bandages and hid herself in a robe and made a break for it, assisted by her best friend from her Siblings. She ran, looking for a way to change back and heard rumors about Ditterage an Artifact able to reverse Dark Magic effects, and set out to her last hope of returning to normal.
Delicious.
Cool story.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#29 Post by The Rookie »

Ok, awesome.

So Twip and I are going over the last couple of details, then I'm going to hand over the GMing stuff. Might be a little while yet, but shouldn't be too long before we start.

I'll try to keep you guys updated as best I can.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#30 Post by Twippit »

Alright gang, so here's the deal. I'm currently on vacation, so I don't have a ton of time. I'll be spending whatever spare time I have for the rest of this week familiarizing myself with your characters and smoothing out some rough edges. Expect an IC thread sometime early next week.

Feel free to PM me any questions you might have.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.