MacPherson's Bar and Tavern OOC

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

MacPherson's Bar and Tavern OOC

#1 Post by Twippit »

An old classic; I thought I might come back with a bang. Say hello to an old stand-by of these worn-out boards: MacPhearson’s Bar and Tavern. No interest check because reasons.

DESCRIPTION
Across the multiverse, all things exist, from Planeswalkers and hyperdrives to elves and magic gods. And in one little pocket dimension, they all come together for a drink.

MacPhearson's Tavern (also known as Mac's Place or simply MacPhearson's) is a pocket dimension that exists outside of regular space and time as most universes experience it. One could spend a year in this place, and less than a mere hour has passed in your home dimension. Not much is known about MacPhearson or how his establishment came to be. Mac himself appears to be some form of Shade or ghostly apparition, but he is certainly solid and sunlight does not seem to have any noticeable affect on him. No discernible background has been found on Mac; as far as anyone can tell, Mac and his bar have been around forever.

Similarly, the bar appears to be just a wooden room, but it too is much more than meets the eye. For instance, everything is sized perfectly. Nothing is too big or too small -including the other patrons. No matter how big or small the patrons are relative to each other before entering, a giant space marine can sit next to a fairy and they can comfortably look each other in the eye. The two haven't actually been resized -how this actually works is quite frankly beyond our mortal comprehension. The only person who understands is perhaps Mac himself -and if so, he hasn't told anyone.

The bar has been shielded in such a way that it can only be accessed on purpose. In places where interdimensional travel is commonplace, Mac's Place is advertised (the advertisements are known to just "pop up", without anyone knowing where they came from). In places where interdimensional travel is a rarity, the place still persists in rumors and legend.
Getting to the bar isn't difficult -one merely requires the ability to traverse alternate realities and knowledge of their destination. No one arrives at MacPhearson's by accident.

The interior appears to be wood, along with most of the decor. It is simple and clean, and humanoid bartends scurry around the establishment cleaning messes almost as soon as they appear. Each bartend is dressed in formal wear from eras and settings as different as they.
Behind the bar, all is as mysterious as Mac himself. One can order anything edible, and it will be served promptly, just to one's specifications (voiced or not). Meals are also appropriately priced, so a lavish meal will be an expensive one, as to be expected. The cooks are never seen, even by the bartends.

The bar is tended almost solely by MacPhearson. He rarely takes breaks and doesn't change shifts with the rest of the bartends. He serves any and all drinks, alcoholic or not.

The bar is what you make of it; what are you?

RULES
1. Don’t be a dick.
2. No controlling other people’s characters. See rule 1.
3. Take your conversations to PMs and post a master conversation in one post, to avoid clogging up the thread.
4. Try to avoid fighting. If you ABSOLUTELY must, take it to PMs and post a master, just like you would with conversations.
5. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, gets to Mac’s by accident. No naive travellers. I don’t wanna see anybody asking about or explaining Mac’s place in the IC.
6. John Cena is not allowed in the bar.

I may add more rules as necessary.

CHARACTER SHEETS

This is an unusual game in that I won’t be taking CSs by PM. Post all CSs here in the OOC, wait for a go-ahead, then post away. Hell, if I take more than three days to okay a character, and the rest of the active players are okay with you joining, then go right ahead. Here’s the CS:

Appearance: You know the drill. Also include any gear you think might be worth mentioning.
Name: Ditto above.
Race: Could be anything you like. Feel free to make up anything you like. A description is appreciated, but not strictly necessary.
Gender: Does not have to conform to any gender binary. Figgin aliens, yo.
Backstory: Just a paragraph or two about where you came from.
Speech Color: Again, pretty self-explanatory.
Theme: Throw some youtube up here if you like. Not required.

NPCs

These are some of the characters I’ll be controlling. Y’all feel free to control any NPC servers, waiters, or waitresses if you’d like -as necessary, of course.

Appearance:
8', or 2.4 meters tall.
Name: Metatron, Holy Virtue Diligence, Archon of Order
Race: Angel
Backstory: Metatron is the personification of Diligence, of the Seven Holy Virtues. She, along with the rest of the Virtues, were locked in an everlasting war against the Seven Deadly Fiends -until one day, a mortal spoke her True Name and bound her to MacPhearson's. She is now to defend MacPhearson's with her life; her job description, however, is merely "bouncer".
Metatron appears to enjoy her new station, though she worries about the Everlasting War.
Speech Color: "Welcome to MacPhearson's. Enjoy your stay."
Theme: “Everything has its natural place.”

Appearance:
7'6", or 2.2 meters tall.
Name: Mammon, Deadly Fiend Greed, Demon of Material Wealth
Race: Demon (Fallen Angel)
Backstory: Mammon is the personification of greed, of the Seven Deadly Fiends. He, along with the rest of the Fiends, were locked in an everlasting war against the Seven Holy Virtues -until one day, a mortal spoke his True Name and bound him to MacPhearson's. He is now to defend MacPhearson's with his life; his job description, however, is merely "bouncer".
Mammon hates his job. He's no brute-strength ruffian, he's not cut out for this work. He is willing to sneak and connive his way out of work any way possible -he's looking to make a deal, as the phrase goes.
Speech Color: "Welcome to Mac's, enjoy yer stay."
Theme: “How would you like to make this good time a great time?”

Appearance:
Stands at a disturbingly exact 6'0/182.88cm.
Name: MacPhearson (No other known name)
Race: ???
Gender: Unknown, though he displays male physical traits. S/he does not shy away from any gender pronouns.
Backstory: Unknown. As far as anyone can tell, MacPhearson and his establishment have been around forever. Mac appears to be all-powerful in his realm, but the demiplane is only as large as the bar. Mac does not often display his power, nor have the limits been seen. He does not partake in barfights, allowing his bouncers take care of any issues that come up.
Speech Color: "What'll it be tonight?"
Theme: N/A

I’ll be posting an IC soon.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: MacPherson's Bar and Tavern OOC

#2 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Appearance: Shaven head, a bit of stubble. Reference pic. Same clothing as the pic.
Name: John Cena
Race: Human, caucasian
Backstory: Y'all know John Cena. Except the part where he became a time traveller in the year 2043. Then, ten years later, he sees one such ad for the Bar. He travelled there from 1935 after assassinating Adolf Hitler.
Speech Color: "U.S.A.!"
Theme: Just, like, WWE music or something. Use your imagination.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#3 Post by y7h65 »

I.... What.... Just.... what.

Incidentally, I will say that I may join, depending on how much time I have.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#4 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

y7h65 wrote:I.... What.... Just.... what.

Incidentally, I will say that I may join, depending on how much time I have.
My thing or twippit's? Because to be honest I'm doing it just to be ridiculous.
Certified Jojo fan

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#5 Post by y7h65 »

Your thing. I was one of the people who was in one of the original MacPherson's.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#6 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Ohh. Well, here's hoping it's fun!
Certified Jojo fan

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#7 Post by Lief »

Both the originals, wasn't it? The original original was on a different forum, and then there's the original that was run on this forum...

I'll be joining, just gotta decide what character(s) to recycle.

I'm also not okay with Bwaa joining as John Cena.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#8 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

If it turns out I can't be John Cena, that's perfectly fine. I'm preparing a backup CS for the inevitable. :mrgreen:
Certified Jojo fan

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#9 Post by Twippit »

Ooooookayyyyyy, time to edit the rules. Please refer to them, as they have now changed.

EDIT: Leif, y7, nice to see y'all again. I'll be more than happy to have you aboard.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#10 Post by y7h65 »

Lief wrote:Both the originals, wasn't it? The original original was on a different forum, and then there's the original that was run on this forum...

I'll be joining, just gotta decide what character(s) to recycle.

I'm also not okay with Bwaa joining as John Cena.
I've been in so many bar social stuff, I can't even remember which ones happened where and when. Like actually.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#11 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Okay, fun has been had. In all seriousness..

Appearance: She wears a robe of gold and green, the hood adorned with miniature antlers from a Familiar elk she once purged. The tattoos on her face are mostly hidden by the shadow of her hood, but her ears remain in the open. Her hair has returned to its natural shade of deep brown. Reference.
Name: Diertre of the Seven
Race: Hylian
Backstory: Diertre, on her way to being the successor of one of the Seven Sages, had just mastered the secret Sage art of interdimensional travel. After being told of the Tavern through an oddly dressed blue man in a giant metal skyship that had pierced the heavens and ventured beyond, and a week or so after returning from there, she travelled to the Tavern.
Speech Color: "Oh, by the Three!"

Also, my sincerest apologies to those I actually managed to offend. While I was hoping to be able to play as John Cena, I understand that it's just too silly for something like this.
Certified Jojo fan

Twippit
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Twippit »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Okay, fun has been had. In all seriousness..

Appearance: She wears a robe of gold and green, the hood adorned with miniature antlers from a Familiar elk she once purged. The tattoos on her face are mostly hidden by the shadow of her hood, but her ears remain in the open. Her hair has returned to its natural shade of deep brown. Reference.
Name: Diertre of the Seven
Race: Hylian
Backstory: Diertre, on her way to being the successor of one of the Seven Sages, had just mastered the secret Sage art of interdimensional travel. After being told of the Tavern through an oddly dressed blue man in a giant metal skyship that had pierced the heavens and ventured beyond, and a week or so after returning from there, she travelled to the Tavern.
Speech Color: "Oh, by the Three!"

Also, my sincerest apologies to those I actually managed to offend. While I was hoping to be able to play as John Cena, I understand that it's just too silly for something like this.
Accepted, but ONLY IF Dietre doesn't ask about MacPhearson's.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#13 Post by Lief »

There's a difference between knowing the place exists and knowing anything about it. I don't see why you can't ask about the place.

Certainly there'd be no "What is this place?", because you'd need to know about its existence beforehand.

Twippit
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Twippit »

Lief wrote:There's a difference between knowing the place exists and knowing anything about it. I don't see why you can't ask about the place.

Certainly there'd be no "What is this place?", because you'd need to know about its existence beforehand.
Mostly because I don't want what happened the first time to happen again; namely, four repeats of the same damn conversation of "oh I don't know anything about this place please explain everything that was stated in the OOC description".

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#15 Post by Lief »

Understandable, no reason you can't just give some vague non-explanation in response though.