Frozen Dead OOC (It's Dead, Jim)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

Re: Frozen Dead OOC (Signups Closed!)

#16 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Still finishing my character lief should be able to send you the final product today

EDIT:
placing CS HERE

PRE ACCEPTED

and ready to roll

Appearance:

http://www.universe-galaxies-stars.com/ ... forces.jpg

http://jlawadvocate.files.wordpress.com ... ndman1.jpg
(picture above with black hair and brown eyes)

Height 5'10

Full Name: Staff Sergeant Trevor Yorkshire Yornifax

Nickname: Rigs

Role: Field engineer/scout.

Skills: Mechanics/engineering, driving and close range combat.

Weaponry:
HK33: x9 magazines (mag holds 25rnds, rounds are .223 REM)

naval mp5k w. extending stock: x5 30 rnd magazines (9mmx19)

welrod pistol: bolt action .32cal fully suppressed pistol. x5 8 round magazines

Five seven pistol: semi auto, 5.7x28mm, x5 20 round magazines

(I am counting one magazine in each gun)

2x tonfa

Equipment:
Black Urban camo winter overcoat, issue SAS black urban armor, pads(elbows and knees, extra black clothes, 3x flares, 1 handmade nail grenade, 1 pineapple grenade, backpack (carrys few mre' s, water pouch, extra tools, and medic bag.), bound tool wrap (tools set in a roll not a bag and is in back pack.), gas mask, weapons attachments bag(holds one suppressor for each non suppressed weapon, 2 med-short range scopes, and weapon repair tools and parts.), small book.

Background:
Texan American who moved to europe early in his life after his mothers death. Raised under his Army father in England he came to know much about military life. At the age of 18 he joined the British Army as a vehicle maintenance worker, however the Army found his talents to be worth more and moved him into the SAS as a mobility troop soldier where he'd continue as a mechanic and put his skills to use son becoming one of the top sergeants of his mobility troop and one of the best drivers. At the age of twenty he gained the nickname RIGs after jerry rigging a truck during combat with a mounted weapon and using it to escape trouble. Before contact was lost with America London sent NATO aid to the US Via plane convoy, the convoy held troops vehicles, food, water, and ammo to use by American military to contain the spreading zombie plague, IN the troop plane was an SAS mobility troop and Army soldiers. After Arrival in the US Trevor had made his name known after his troop was over run by zombies, only two of five vehicles returned each a bushmaster LMV carrying wounded and survivors. The remaining SAS mobility soldiers were set with another platoon to keep numbers up, soon the remaining SAS were known as Londons Locomotives for there skill in combat against worse odds and always returning in either the same vehicles they left in or one off the streets. After everything went crazy and structure was lost Trevor and any remaining people they gathered met with the rest of the surviving military structure via Bushmaster and cargo truck convoy. Hoping to be of more use Trevor found out about the task force through just listening about the base before looking himself and finding them among a barrack. He then introduced himself and joined the Task force to continue what he had been doing most of his life. He hopes that with him on the team the use of military vehicles will last longer and can operate as another leader to the team.

Misc: SAS mobility troop soldier sent with others from London before loss of contact. Has a habit of looking into his small book in spare time. Also has a habit of scavenging.

still nicknamed London Locomotive by some people and usually wonders what happened to the vehicles he brought and where his team is now.

Theme/Speech Color: "who dares wins"
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Wolfgang penguin
New Citizen

#17 Post by Wolfgang penguin »

am I in or am I out?

Character Sheet:
Appearance: 6' 7" bright brown eyes, black, no tattoos, black hair.
Full Name: Sergeant Wolfgang Jay Wilson - Rank may not be appropriate for your age, but I'll let the GM have final word on this.
Nickname: Wolf
Role: Sniper
Personality Enjoys getting to know people and when people ask him to keep a promise he always keeps it, known to be precise, calculating, calm under pressure, reliable and quiet.
Skills: master in stealth, accuret and precision with his weapon, master at remaining undetected while in enemy territory
Weaponry:
M24 SWS 10 mags 20x sniping scope with a surpresser
collapsible crossbow - 3
combat knife
Desert eagle with scilencer - 4 mag plus one in chamber

Equipment:
20x magnification sniper scope - may be removed depending on the weapon you choose.
1x frag and 1xsmoke

crossbow bolts - 7 bolts
special forces backpack
MRE
canteen full of water
night vision goggles
Deagle mags 3 mags plus always one in chamber
Background: when he arrived back from deployment the helicopter taking him to base crashes because the pilot got infected he manages to survive and radio for help the task force come to the rescue
Theme/Speech Color: dubstep
"Spartans never die"

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#18 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Wolfgang penguin wrote:-doubly post snip-
I'm assuming that you're out, seeing as how Lief said that he isn't letting you participate. Sorry, but you should pay closer attention.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Wolfgang penguin
New Citizen

#19 Post by Wolfgang penguin »

Dang it I been busy with stuff to get to work on my cs can there be an exception
"Spartans never die"

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#20 Post by Lief »

Lief wrote:EDIT: Okay, so, I'm sorry to say that I won't be allowing you to join Wolfgang. I was giving you a chance, and you did improve between the first and second versions of your sheet, and I believe you can improve further, but I don't think this is really an RP for you.

I believe Fawkes was still trying to help you develop the sheet further, you could ask him if he'd be willing to continue so that you can get some more practice before another RP pops up that catches your attention.
Bwaaa is correct. You're out, sorry. You're welcome to try again in another RP of mine someday, though! Also, please stop double-posting.

Anyways, Transient, check your PMs.

Wolfgang penguin
New Citizen

#21 Post by Wolfgang penguin »

This is my first time actually doing a rp thing and filling out a character sheet I am also using a table t film this things out too which makes things even harder to do how I am sopost to learn how to get rp if I can't participate
"Spartans never die"

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#22 Post by Lief »

Okay, Wolfgang, all you're accomplishing right now is making me want to not let you into any future RPs I create. Stop while you're ahead. There's other forums and the like out there dedicated to roleplaying, if you're that intent on getting into it right now, you should go find one. You can't remove posts that have another post after them, but a better solution to double-posting is just to not do it at all.

Now please leave my thread in peace before I have to get the moderators involved.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#23 Post by Transient Truth »

I edited my ref sheet, Lief. Care to take a look now?
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#24 Post by Lief »

It's better, but you skipped over a lot of the stuff I mentioned. Keep working at it. Let me know if you want me to point out the issues again.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#25 Post by Transient Truth »

Done again. See if anything is wrong and PM me if there is.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#26 Post by y7h65 »

Finally finished writing this. Approved and all that jazz.

Appearance:
Stands at 181cm with tanned skin and crew cut curly brown hair. He appears to permanently have a five o' clock after-shadow that never seems to grow longer, despite never being seen shaving. He has some very piercingly blue eyes underneath his shades. He's rather well muscled and fit enough to beat most soldiers and athletes in many different physical activities.

Full Name:
Senior Data Analyst Yosef 'Joseph' Levy

Nickname:
'Joey', "Joe", or 'Accountant'

Role:
Data Analyst

Personality:
Yosef is an upfront honest man who would give you the shirt off his back if you asked him for it. Humble and upbeat, he's always one to crack a joke when things are going wrong or look to be down. If wrongs are made in his presence and he is in a position to intervene, expect him to do so. When he gives you his word or makes a promise, expect him to follow through. However, according to him, several bad experiences with the outcome of this habit has led to him rarely making such promises. Overall it could be said that Yosef is just the type of person that you would want around when things go wrong, which happens rather frequently when you find yourself in a zombie apocalypse.

Of course, this is all compounded by the fact that his past is a jumble of maybe-truths and maybe-lies. Furthermore, for all his honesty, the silence of the Canadian government means that all that is available to verify his identity is his various passports and licenses, many of which are oddly inappropriate for the man he says he is. Despite this, there seems to be no discernible lies or purposeful misdirection in his explanation of his past. He also appears to be always telling the truth, a fact that various lie detector tests have verified. In the end, while he may or may not be lying about who he is, he is still somebody that you want with you when fighting in cities or attempting to traverse through urban terrain.

Skills:
Masters Degree in Predictive Statistics Applied to Non-Static Populations and Groups as well as Application of Bayesian Statistics to Singular Mobile Targets and Objects
To put it simply, Yosef is extremely good at using statistics to determine the likelihood of where a missing or dark group may have moved to as well as being able to predict the chances of finding a single person or object in an area given enough time. According to his IDs and various licenses, he was apparently a sessional lecturer of the subject at McGill university from the years 2016-2019.

Ghostwalker
One of the extremely odd quirks about Yosef is that he never makes a noise while moving. His steps remains silent even when walking across forest bush, snow, ice, or creaky floors in full combat boots.

City Rat
Yosef can navigate quickly and accurately through urban areas even if he has never been to the area previously.

In the Shadow of Man
Yosef is uncannily good at finding or creating hiding spots whenever he's moving through urban areas.

Balance the Books.
Yosef, notably, is apparently a Certified General Accoutant and Chartered Public Accountant on top of his other qualifications. Apparently, he must have had a lot of free time in his young adult life for him to have gotten both a masters and both these titles. Or he's lying about one of his three designations though his various titles are backed by what appear to be official papers and membership/council/identification cards.

Just a Little More Pressure...
Yosef is a lockpicker comparable to a professional cat thief. He can unlock most locks in fifteen seconds at the slowest in low stress situations.

Omniglot
Yosef knows how to speak multiple languages on a conversational level although he is only fluent in English, French, Hebrew, and Spanish. He attributes this to being well traveled and having seen the world several times in his life before the zombie apocalypse.

Face to Face...
Yosef's accuracy with his weapons is the greatest at ranges below 200 meters.

... and Hand to Hand
Yosef is proficient in IDF Krav Maga, Judo, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and Kick Boxing. While he doesn't stick to one style for longer than necessary, he does have a preference for Krav Maga.

Cut Them Up!
Yosef is deadly with his Smatchet. Of course, he prefers to ambush people rather than fight up front but the 85% first strike kill ratio is still very hard to argue with.

Weaponry:
Blackwater Branded XM8
An XM8 Carbine chambered for 5.56mm NATO with a very prominent Blackwater logo above the pistol grip, it has been modified by the Blackwater company for their purposes. Those modifications include the removal of the default scope as well as the addition of NATO Accessory Rails on the top of the carry handle and the addition of a NATO Accessory Rail on top of the PCAP system. This particular example has a Mark 6 Leopold Hammer Sight, laser aim module with both visible and IR Laser, a suppressor, sling, and a flashlight. It also has been fitted with a modified magazine well to allow it to use STANAG 5.56mm magazines. Yosef himself prefers the MAGPUL Ranger Plated Gen3 Windowed 30 Round PMAGs that he also liberated with the rifle.

Glock 19
A Fifth Generation Glock 19, there is little changes in terms of design or parts. However, many of the polymer parts are now made from CNT Polymers, greatly increasing the life of polymer parts in the weapons. Furthermore, the stronger material allows for the frame material to be thinner which, in turn, reduces weight. To counteract the increase in recoil, the recoil spring has been strengthened which allows for an increased rate of fire. The weapon also has a modified grip pattern and Gen5 stamped on the slide. This particular example has tritium night sights, a combo flashlight and laserpointer unit attached to the bottom, as well as a suppressor. It uses a standard 15 round 9mm magazine.

Smatchet
A 50cm long fighting knife with a 36cm long blade. Notably, it is only got a full blade on one side with the other side having a half sharpened blade. It very easily parts through flesh and bone and can easily penetrate a ribcage. Needless to say, it kills things very well but it is really not suited for defensive fighting. It's kept in it's holster on his left hip tilted forward to ease the act of performing a drawing chop.

Equipment:
Cold Weather Clothing
The sweater, pants, combat boots, and beanie that he wears manages to keep the worst of winter away. If needed, he also has an additional ski jacket that he can throw on but he prefers to keep it light.

Kevlar Tactical Vest
In a former life, this kevalr vest was a plate carrier meant for private military use. Now, it is a kevlar plate carrier without a plate being used by a tactical anti-zombie operator. Funny how things work out. Yosef stores the majority of his extra magazines and commonly used tools in his vest. The Blackwater logo still remains rather prominent on the back even though it is usually covered up by his backpack. Right now, the vest contains 6 extra 30 round 5.56 STANAG Ranger Plated Gen3 Windowed PMAGs in three dual magazine pouches, 90 Loose 5.56mm NATO rounds in a single dual magazine pouch, 4 extra 15 round 9mm Glock Magazines in two dual magazine pouches, Break and Entry Kit as well as a Tactical Flashlight in otherwise empty dual mag pouch, and a hard shock proof case of empty syringes in a pouch. A Model 3H Compass attached to some paracord is attached to the vest and kept in a pocket when not in use. When the pistol suppressor is not required, it is commonly kept in a pouch on his right hip.

Glock Light Holster
It's a holster for a Glock. Notably, the Glock only fits when the suppressor is removed.

Hunting Backpack
A hunting backpack that is lightly covered with the odd bloodstain it carries all of Yosef's other, less necessary, equipment. It contains a 1 weeks worth of MREs, UV Water Purifier with 1 liter bottle, two sporfs, four changes of underwear and socks, plastic tarp, 8 meters of Paracord, cold weather sleeping bag, 400 Spearmint Tictacs in a Tupperware Container, several sticks of antiperspirant, a tupperware container filled with 4 bars of soap, and a weapon maintenance kit in a tupperware container are all located on the inside of the main compartment of the backpack.

On the outside, on each side of the backpack, are two 76 cm long and 15 cm wide waterproof hard carrying cases. Contained in the case on his left hand side is a 23cm XM8 barrel, XM8 Compact Carbine handguard, Compact Carbine Carry Handle with Eotech Holosight, folding stock, and XM8 part swapping kit. Contained in the case on his right hand side is a 51 cm XM8 barrel, XM8 Marksman Designated handguard, bipod, 8x zoom scope, scope changing kit, and XM8 part swapping kit.

Notably, it has an Inquisitional Deathwatch symbol attached to it. It is unknown if this was Yosef's own work or the previous owner's work.

AN/PRC 152
A rather large military grade handheld radio, this particular specimen is kept in a dedicated pouch on his right pectoral and is connected to a headset.

License and ID Cards
Scattered throughout his backpack, tactical vest, pockets, and wallet are countless licenses and ID cards for almost everything inconsequential under the sun under various names with most of them attributed to a Yosef Levy or some derivative of that name. It is unclear if Yosef actually has the skills or history associated with each of those Licenses and ID Cards. The most prominent and interesting of these are an Israeli Passport for Aharon Malka, Midwife Certificate for a David Cohen, a Dental Assistant ID Card for a Jacob Solyom, a Maritime Pilot Diploma to a Thomas Smith, and a 2014 San-Diego Comic Con Volunteer Badge for a Yosef Levy.

Cards
Located in two different pouches on Yosef's chest is a deck of playing cards, both decks required for Guillotine, a deck of UNO cards, and a deck of 80 Fluxx cards made from the Pirate, Cthulhu, and Star Sets. They're kept separate by elastic bands.

Flask of Whiskey
A 250ml Flask of 20 years aged whiskey. Not much needs to be said about it.

Background:
Yosef Levy, according to him, is a Canadian CSIS Data Analyst who was born in Kamloops BC before moving to Montreal to study Mathematics. From there he managed to secure a position at CSIS Head Office as a Data Analyst. Over the next decade and a half, he would find success in several other projects and cases as well as a sessional instructor posistion at McGill. According to him, he was on a month long vacation in New Jersey when Canada went dark. Afterwards, with nowhere else to go, he spent the next couple weeks until New Jersey fell.

Now, here is where his story gets extremely convoluted and the part of the story that has caused many to question the legitimacy of his claims. Yosef was supposedly taking a stroll along the coast when he somehow ended up in the commercial docks just as Blackwater trucks carrying weapons it had sold to various anti-Israel countries to secure safe passage had dropped off its cargo for loading onto ships. He then somehow managed to break into these containers to arm himself just moments after the neighboring pier discovered that a cargo ship which had docked and been unloaded the night previously was carrying a lot of illegal immigrants in its containers. A lot of undead illegal immigrants at that. In the middle of the chaos, Yosef managed to secure a nice arsenal which, oddly, did not include the pistol he has on him. After this, he somehow managed to escape a dock that was rapidly filling with zombies which proceeded to cause the fall of New Jersey.

While his exact actions and during the fall of New Jersey is unclear, his actions and movements are much more acceptable and free of odd coincidences. After New Jersey fell, Yosef then wandered America using the supplies he managed to secure around New Jersey to make the trek westwards, avoiding heavily populated areas as he moved unless he had to resupply from small cities. Somewhere along the way, he bumped into the still reforming and regrouping CDC and, with nowhere better to be or do, he decided to assist in their endeavors. Ever since then, he has been with the CDC Force as an expeditionary member.

Misc:
Nothing else left to hide ?

Theme/Speech Color:
At least it is not a desk job.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

#27 Post by Tyendinaga »

Pre-Approved and [censored]

Appearance: Facial Reference
To say the least, John isn't exactly a small person. He stands at a height of 6'1" And a weight of 205 Pounds, while not intimidating by itself his frame itself is quite wide for someone of his height, allowing for larger and more powerful levers to be built but not exactly ideal for building stamina. In terms of actual build he seems to be fairly well muscled though not quite lean enough for it to show and it would appear that quite a bit of emphasis was placed on explosive power, especially in the legs. Structurally speaking his legs weren't quite designed for running at high speeds or extreme distances, though he's above average in both, both are more so due to raw power and a soldiers life style than being physically gifted. His arms are also quite short, in fact they would be right about average on a 5'8" person. While making splendid levers to push and curl things with, that's about all they are great at.

In terms of looks, he has relatively short brown hair, accompanied by exceedingly dark brown eyes, his face itself is coated in a thin though noticeable red five O'clock shadow, being a complete different colour than his natural hair. His skin itself is relatively pale, and scar-less, adorning each arm is a large number of freckles. Over all though nothing excessive stands out, the man himself can be described as average.

Full Name: Captain John Rose

Role: Technical Specialist

Personality:
To put it simply, John isn't as cut and dry as one would expect from a soldier, and is far from what the Ideal soldier would be. Though military life has caused him to lead a rather solitary lifestyle, one in which he primarily keeps to himself and only keeps a scant few friends close by who he is capable of 'Opening Up' to so to speak. This leads him to have a few distinct personalities that largely vary depending on the situation and just how comfortable he is with his surroundings and those around him, though each shares the same basis of moral values and personal likes and dislikes.

With people he is uncomfortable around, he remains quiet and largely silent. Speaking only when he deems appropriate and rarely engaging in any sort of idle chatter, preferring to stick with his own thoughts and imaginings for the most part. Actually getting him to speak in this state often requires repeated prodding, questions, and other such things. Getting him to speak at any length will often require either something major happen, or something be done that goes against his own moral beliefs.

When comfortable with his surroundings and the people he is with, a somewhat truer personality comes into play, one with a much warmer demeanor. Often engages in idle chatter, often asking questions about those he's alongside with genuine curiosity. If he likes someone he's most likely attempt to stick with them whenever possible often betraying a colder exterior. Overall he's more likely to give his opinion on ideas or plan's and the situations at hand and much less likely to filter himself.

Underlying all of this is a general set of values and beliefs. He seems to value his friends more than any sort of sense of duty and seems more content to let people do as they please rather than impose strict military discipline, taking a calm and steady approach to leadership. He also seems to hold some contempt for authority, heavily disliking those who try to swing around respect that wasn't earned all the while asking for unquestioning loyalty, enough so that some wonder how he ever became a soldier in the first place. On a more personal value he seems to constantly question himself, double checking whether decisions and beliefs are actually correct.

While valuing social progress, honesty, and trying to improve himself, he is however not above manipulating both people and the system around him. Tends to take a strict cover your [censored] policy in almost all manners, keeping paper trails, audio recordings, and quite a bit of other small assurances all in the name of protecting himself and those he is truly loyal to. Fudging numbers on papers, falsifying small details on reports, and even blackmail is fair game provided the payoff and risk factor are small.

Even outward appearances aren't fully what they appear, regardless of whether he tries to portray himself as cold and calculating, or simply laid back, such a thing couldn't be farther from the truth. During heated situations he rides out tension, battle highs, and heightened emotions to push both his mind and body to their limits. When under pressure he starts to spend much less time thinking, and much more time acting on split second decisions, pushing himself to move faster and hit harder all the while relying on his training and experiences to guide him.

Skills:

//COMBAT ASPECTS
Hand to Hand Combatant ~
In hand to hand combat, John Leverages his own power and size beyond all else making free use of a variety of techniques from a handful of different sources. Techniques seem to range from those found in boxing, to conventional grappling techniques utilizing a mixture of powerful throws and submission holds in a mixture of buck standard wrestling and judo tying it all together is some proficiency in Bayonet fighting. All in all his abilities with each or average to slightly above average at best, leading him to use the various techniques with great variety in effort to change the rhythm and flow of combat. This isn't always enough though.

Brutal Creativity ~
Where professional techniques end is where more brutal ones begin. When the opportunity presents itself, John isn't above taking much dirtier and less professional techniques in combat. Be it cinder blocks, trash cans, a brick wall, a curbside, or even a long drop. Anything that can be conceivably used to provide some advantage is fair game anything to cause additional damage or shift things into his favour with ruthless pragmatic efficiency. Zombies, being the tough and unforgiving things they are, have only allowed this to flourish.

Weapons Handling ~
Like most trained soldiers, he has a degree of familiarity with a fair number of weapons. Handguns, rifles, knives, shotguns, grenades and the list goes on allowing him to both handle and maintain a wide variety of equipment. This isn't necessarily to say he is an expert marksman, or even a great one to boot. He scored decently on standard weapons qualifications but is neither the most accurate or quickest on the draw.

Tactical Engagement ~
All of the accuracy and elaborate face mashing in the world won't help you if you don't actually know what to do in a situation. He is not averse to using his environment if he can get advantage and actively seeks out cover in situations requiring it, walls, ledges, windows, bits of rubble, all can be used to rest a weapon, hide, or even be used as cover. Actual tactics being used also count, as what you decide to do and when you do it, can have an impact on outcomes of battle. Who you choose to shoot first, what you plan to do after a retaliation and what options you have if things don't go your way. He's not above using guerrilla tactics or even outright retreating if a situation isn't advantageous.

//SURVIVAL ASPECTS
Foraging Basics ~
Though not exactly great of it, he has some rudimentary knowledge on what is edible, what's not edible, and roughly where such things could potentially be found.

Navigation Basics~
While not exactly skilled, John is capable of using a map and compass effectively as well as doing basic navigation based on external factors such as moss, position of the sun and stars in the sky. Though far from perfect, and far from accurate, it works in a pinch.

Advanced First Aid ~
Though quite a bit out of practise, John holds a CPR for Health Car Providers certification. This particular certification covers a wide variety of topics from Cardiovascular and Respiratory emergencies to specific skills for use on Adults, Children and Infants. It further covers the use of Automatic Defibrillators, the use of a bag valve mask, rescue breathing, anatomy, physiology, and infection control. Though this allows him to function pretty decently during first aid, he neither carries the equipment, nor does he have the specific training for combat scenario's that a proper medic would have.

Food Preparation Basics ~
One can't always eat MRE's and a soldier knows that better than anyone. Though far from a master chef he is fairly proficient in the preparation of food, sticking to safe practices and procedures to produce something that won't kill you or make you want to kill yourself. Though it takes some additional resources he is also familiar with canning and preserving foods such as fruits, vegetables, jams and jellies in addition to preserving meats for future use. This skill also pertains to the preparation of animals and fish for consumption.

//TRADE ASPECTS
Fabrication Basics ~
With access to tools and the like, John can provide decent fabrication work, be it welding a roll cage and frame together, bending tubes and sheets into shapes, or even Smithing old hunks of metal off of a car into more useable shapes. However there are clear limits to his abilities, there's not much he can do without a good bit of time and some prep work, and some more complicated bits might be well out of the question without a good deal of time. If it's metal, he can probably find something to do with it, be it a coin for a wring, a leaf spring for a nice sword, or even some wheel weights to cast bullets with.

Automotive Repair Basics ~
Though not what one would call a professional, he possesses enough working knowledge of automotive repair to carry out a number of tasks, replacing and installing a variety of parts, disassembling engines and the like. Though while he may be able to take things apart and put them back together, his ability to diagnose the numerous more advanced problems that can't be simply solved by replacing something, or figured out with a simple glance, are fairly moot.

Woodworking Basics ~
Though not what one would call employable, he has working knowledge of woodworking techniques to the point that he's able to make use of a majority of tools effectively and produce quality work given time. There's little demand for fancy chests and chairs though.

//SCIENTIFIC ASPECTS
Rudimentary Chemistry ~
Though his knowledge is far from anything that could be considered employable, he knows just enough about chemistry to do dangerous. Given access some regular household chemicals and things that would often be forgotten in the apocalypse, he can prepare a small number of explosive recipes. Steel wool and an Etch and Sketch is enough to make a small batch of Thermite by itself. Black powder is similarly easily prepared from readily available ingredients. While able to make a number of compounds, both useful and not, anything requiring specialised equipment or the knowledge to use them is beyond his grasp.

//Specialist Skills
Software Engineering Specialist ~
Though one wouldn't necessarily guess it from the look of him, John is a skilled software engineer possessing a wide knowledge that covers a fair number of fields making him useful not only as a soldier but also as a technical specialist. His skill in software ranges from web developing with PHP, Java, AJAX, JSON, JavaScript and Flash to applications software with C++, C#, JAVA, and Python, and mobile application development with Java. Even rarer is his knowledge of Mainframe programming, working on and with old IBM systems that few else can.

Computer Networking Specialist ~
Tying together with his skills in programming is a skill with computer networks and hardware. Few soldiers know what to do with computers, the internet, and all the bits that tie them together. Not only is he A+ Certified but he also has a CCNA Certification as proof of his skills. Aside from putting together networks and hardware, he also has knowledge of servers and server administration, provided proper software he is capable of setting up everything from web servers to domain controllers and other small things.

Electronic Engineering Specialist ~
Though primarily self taught using online resources and tutorials, John is fairly able to walk his way around electronics circuits. Enough so that in addition to being able to assemble circuits from diagrams and parts, he is well capable of developing his own and assembling them. Tying in with a knowledge of programming is the ability to program micro controllers and assemble circuits capable of a variety of different functions. This also allows him some ability to work like an electrician in a pinch but you wouldn't want him to do work on your house by any means.

Armoured Warfare Specialist ~
Before the collapse of everything, John's Officers commission was as an Armour Officer and as such has a working knowledge of Armoured warfare Tactics as well as historical knowledge of a variety of equipment. As an Armour Office he commanded four Leopard A2's and and twenty three men through thick and thin.

Weaponry:

Type: Rifle
Brand: Colt Canada C7A3 Rifle
Weight: 6 Pounds
Cartridge: 5.56x45mm Cartridge
Fire Mode: Safe, Single, Burst, Auto

Background: The Colt Canada C79A3 rifle was officially adopted in 2016 replacing its predecessor the C7A2 Rifle as the primary weapon of the Canadian Forces. This was done in order to bring Canadian equipment up to the similar offerings that Colt Canada already sold to various ally countries such as the GV M/10 Sold to the Danish, the C7NLD sold to the Netherlands, and the L119A2 sold to the British. The primary differences between the A2 and A3 model were the replacement of various external parts, replacing the Primary receiver and and hand guard with a monolithic receiver with an aluminum quad-rail hand guard built in allowing for greater diversity in attachments while also enhancing accuracy hampered by the previous models limitations. Additional upgrades were made as well, adding a custom and slightly heftier butt stock, shifting the weight somewhat more towards the shoulder for additional control. Accompanying this is a custom pistol grip, forward grip, flip up iron sights, and custom flash hider.

- Standard Equipment -
Hammer Forged Chrome lined Barrel ~
Unlike a standard rifle, the C7 features a somewhat more expensive hammer forged barrel. Though actual performance is moderately similar to a standard barrel, the hammer forged properties of the barrel allow it to last quite a bit longer than a non-hammer forged variety while maintaining accuracy. This is largely due to the quirks of the manufacturing process allowing it to resist wear even after its Chrome lining has worn off unlike cheaper barrels. As per the standard, this barrel is threaded for use with a flash hider or suppressor. The hider it has by default.

Custom Telescoping Stock ~
The stock used by the C7 is a custom telescoping model allowing for various adjustments to be made on the fly or for different body types. This not only allows one to be comfortable while using the rifle. Not only this but the adjustable nature of the stock allows one to use it unimpeded by body armour and pouches unlike the M16 series of rifles with their typically fixed stock.

Weather resistant Furniture ~
The plastic furniture on the C7, is highly resistant to cold.

Fully Ambidextrous ~
Knobs and levers such as the fire selector, magazine release, and charging handle are ambidextrous allowing for almost any one to use the rifle without difficulty.

C79 Optical Sight ~
The C79 Optical Sight, also known as the M145 Machine Gun Optic by the Americans is a sight manufactured by Elcan in 3.4x magnification, the particular Canadian model is coasted in a green rubber. The Sight itself is relatively old and outdated being moderately heavier than similarly performing sights such as the ACOG or SUSAT. However it is able to maintain its zero through repeated removals and reattachment to a weapon. It is also highly resistant to shock and water immersion as well as possessing an anti-glare coating. On top of the sight itself is a small sets of backup sights that aren't too unlike those you would find on a pistol with two prongs closer to the viewer, and a single one further away. In terms of sighting the scope has preset elevation adjustments for 200 through 800 meters. Windage adjustments can be made on the side with a coin or Flathead.

AN/PAQ-4 ~
A Standard issue and fairly IR Laser aiming module. While it would be great during the night, and completely invisible to walkers, John doesn't actually possess the Night Vision goggles necessary to make use of the laser, rendering its existence a fairly moot point.

M3X Weapon Light ~
Also fairly standard issue is a weapon light designed to fit on the weapons rails for use in situations where a light would be required. Unlike the PAQ though, these are actually useable.

Monolithic Upper Receiver ~
Replacing the old setup is a monolithic upper receiver leaving the receiver to encapsulate most of the barrel with its own hand guard unlike other models that kept the hand guard and receiver separate. Overall the receiver allows for somewhat enhanced accuracy in addition to allowing more attachments over a wider area than the old Triad rails allowed in the past.

Forward Grip ~
You grip and You Hold it Stable and Shoot people.

- Modifications -
Nickle Boron Bolt Carrier ~
Though people tend to differ greatly on opinions regarding whether an NiB bolt is typically worth the cost and how effective it is, this particular C7 has had its standard military bolt replaced with an NiB model to make the best of a [censored] situation. The effect of this replacement allows the weapon to run better than a standard model while using less grease and oil to keep things running smoothly. Not only that but it tends to be easier to clean which when used in conjunction with a suppressor allows one to easily reduce the affect of carbon fouling which can render grease and oil tacky. Overall, it is also constructed with much higher quality metal than the standard bolt.

Type: Handgun
Brand: Sig Sauer P226 Handgun
Weight: 2 Pounds
Cartridge: 9x19mm Parabellum
Fire Mode: Safe, Single

Background: Replacing the almost eighty year old Browning Hi-Power in Canada's Arsenal was the Sig Sauer P226 Handgun. Though ultimately the stopping power was about the same the switch resulted in great strides in reliability and performance. The aging pistols, though in decent condition, were largely far from reliable, reportedly jamming with relative ease, going on with simple jostling, and for all intents and purposes being janky as all hell failing to instill confidence in both the gun itself and the soldiers who were assigned them. All in all the upgrade resulted in enhanced reliability, accuracy, range, and a larger magazine to boot.

- Standard Equipment -
Under Barrel Rail ~
A simple under the barrel rail for installing small accessories.

- Modifications -
Tritium Sights ~
Replacing the standard white dot sights is a tritium based replacement allowing for easy aiming of the gun, even in darkened environments.

Lightened Springs ~
While being fired in double action, the P226 has a rated 21 pounds of trigger pull. This particular handgun has had its standard spring replaced with a 17 pound replacement lightening the pull by a great deal both when operated in double action, as well as when single action takes over.

Threaded Barrel ~
Replacing the standard barrel is a threaded one for use in attaching suppressors or flash hiders.

Suppressor ~
Though not always attached, the P226 has a moderate quality suppressor available to it. Though it sounds as if someone dropped a large bible in the next room when fired, it can take thousands of rounds before wearing out.

Type: Bayonet
Brand: Diemaco M9 Bayonet
Weight: 1 Pound

Background: A Standard issue knife, attachable to a rifle.

Equipment:
- Apparel and Gear -
Woodland CADPAT BDU ~ [3 Pounds]
A Standard issue Canadian Forces BDU. Provides excellent camouflage in woodland terrains and similar area's. It also provides a deal of resistance against IR detection and is relatively warm to suit the climates they come from.

Type 3 Body Armour ~ [6 Pounds]
A simplistic black vest designed to provide some defense against small arms fire, readily eating various handguns rounds and even the standard rounds fired by common assault rifles through the use of Kevlar and light ceramic strike plates covering the most vital of area's though primarily centered around the chest and abdomen, as well as the back, leaving the sides relatively thinner by comparison. A bit of further defence is added by the addition of a neck guard that loops around in a C Shape from back to front, leaving the front of the neck lower and clasped with a Velcro strip as to not impact neck mobility by too much. The vest itself is designed to be a light as possible, and incorporates no storage space whatsoever, only enough to slide in plates.

ModCan Load Bearing Vest ~ [3.5 Pounds]
Leaving the protection to other body Armour, the ModCan vest strictly acts as a tactical vest, providing one with space to put on and take off pouches, or even completely drop the vest itself without impacting the armour one wears. Though not standard military issue the vest itself was relatively popular with Canadian Soldiers who purchased them for personal use on the battle field and their similarity to the issue vest. It was made for sale after a few too many soldiers brought in issue vests, asking for the company to rework in webbing for modularity. While having no pockets itself, it's designed to hold various modular attachments, being both MOLLE and ALICE compatible. The entire vest itself has spots for pouches, from the shoulders and sides, to the back and front.

Modular Bayonet Sheath ~ [0.3 Pounds]
Mounted front and center directly over the sternum is a Bayonet sheath with a small snapping clip to keep the blade in place. faces down, allowing for easier access to the knife.
//Contents
Diemaco M9 Bayonet

Radio Pouch ~ [0.5 Pounds]
Mounted just behind the right shoulder is a small radio pouch for storing a...well...a radio. Well in reach it can be easily adjusted given a short bit of time, but is also out of the way for when it isn't needed.
//Contents
AN-PRC 152 Handheld Radio [1 Pounds]

Rifle Magazine Pouches ~ [2 pounds]
Mounted On his front right right side, and rounding over directly to his right side, is a series of three magazine pouches intended for fairly generic and regular sized rifle magazines. Each of the three pouches is designed to carry two magazines each for a total capacity of around six magazines. The tops of the pouches are secured with a flip over top, which secures to the bottom half with a plastic clip.
//Contents
4 x 30 Round 5.56x45mm STANAG Magazines Loaded [4 Pounds]

Pistol Magazine Pouches ~ [1.0 Pounds]
Mounted on his right flank, just behind the magazine pouches is a set of magazine pouches designed to hold relatively generic sized pistol magazines, leaving a great deal of flexibility in what exactly gets stuffed into them, to the point that they're often used to store small tools such as pliers and cutters. In Total he has two of them, each designed to carry two of them side by side. Each is secured with a flip down Velcro top.
//Contents
4 x 16 Round 9x19mm P226 Magazines Loaded [2 Pounds]

Horizontal Pouch A ~ [1.5 Pound]
Located on the front right, just above one of the magazine pouches is a standard horizontal pouch, designed to hold small odds and ends rather than magazines or important tactical equipment. Like the Magazine pouch, is it also secured with a flip over top and plastic clip. To be honest, It is loaded with candies and the like.
//Contents
3 Mars Bars
6 Packs of Smarties,
9 Warheads
2 Big Turks,
3 Coffee Crisps,
2 Crispy Crunches

Grenade Pouches ~ [2 Pounds]
Immediately left of the bayonet, taking up both the left breast position and the one just below it, is a pair of grenade pouches with the same flip over and clip tops that the rest of the pouches have. Each is sized to accept most any sort of grenade that can be stuffed into it short of old German stick grenades and the like.

Generic Pouch A ~ [1 Pound]
A fairly generic pouch, situated immediately to the left of the bottom Grenade pouch. Can hold just about anything that's stuffed into it, so long as it isn't too much bigger than a standard can of pop.
//Contents
1 X Rugged Smart Phone [0.5 Pounds]
1 X Roll out Keyboard [0.5 Pounds}
1 X Bundle of Connectors [0.5 Pounds]

Horizontal Pouch B
~ [1.5 Pounds]
Another generic pouch, situated immediately to the left of Generic Pouch A on his left side a bit further than his immediate left. It's about the same size as a generic pouch but just over twice as wide and intended to hold a somewhat larger number of items. It's secured with a flip over tap with a plastic clip.
//Contents
1X LED Flash Light [0.5 Pounds]
1X Zippo Liter [0.1 Pounds]
1X 50 Pack of Matches [0.1 Pounds]
1X Fuller Multi Tool [0.2 Pounds]

Generic Pouch B ~ [1 Pound]
Located immediately on his left side, See Generic Pouch A for Description.
//Contents
1 X Handheld Compass [0.2 Pounds]
3 X Tubes of Camo Creme [0.2 Pounds]
1 X Variety Box of Earplugs [0.2]

Horizontal Pouch C ~ [1.5 Pounds]
Another Generic Pouch, See Horizontal Pouch B for for description. Located on Left Flank
//Contents
1X 500ml Canteen [1 Pounds]
1X Box Assorted Bandages [0.2 Pounds]
1X Bandage Roll [0.5 Pounds]
1X 50 Pack Water Purification Tablets [0.5 Pounds]
2X 4 Meter Gauze Roll [0.3 Pounds]
1X Water Filter [0.1 Pounds]

1.0 Liter Hydration Pack ~ [2 Pounds]
A simple backpack styled carrier for water attached to the back of his load bearing vest, having a similar webbing system sewn into the back. It's relatively slimline running the length from his neck to lower back while carrying a small amount of water, enough to survive for a day and find additional non-static sources of water for more permanent storage and refills. It's so small its almost unnoticeable.
//Contents
1 Liters of Water [2 Pounds]

Assault Pack ~ [2.2 Pounds]
A Smaller sized backpack intended for military usage. Though it's capacity isn't great, it's large enough to carry a variety of things that a person would need in a variety of pockets and compartments while allowing one to remain mobile but not large enough to carry enough supplies to last an extended period of time.
//Contents
AR/PRC-117F [15 Pounds]
6 x 10 Round 5.56x45mm Stripper Clips [1.3 Pounds]
6 x 10 Round 9x19mm Stripper Clips [1.5 Pounds]
1 x Rugged Netbook [2 Pounds]
1 x Utensil Set [0.5 Pounds]

Leg Holster ~ [0.5 Pounds]
A Holster that clips around the leg with a pair of bands as well as hooks to the belt. Fairly simple in design it is meant to store generic standard sized handguns. Attached to the right side of the holster is yet another small 'Pouch' to store a handgun magazine, this time built into the holster itself. Keeping weapons strapped in is a clip running directly over the grip, and velcro strap that runs over the end of the slide, making it exceedingly difficult to draw from anywhere other than directly behind.

Knee pads ~ [1.0 Pounds]
A simple pair of pads that wrap around the knee and provide protection allowing one to drop down in a hurry. Or hit someone, Really hard.

Gloves ~ [0.5 Pounds]
A pair of slim well fitting gloves made of leather and other materials. They're warm and offer a fair bit of protection with some padding around the knuckles. Fairly plain.

Combat Boots ~ [2.0 Pounds]
A pair of standard issue combat boots. They're fully black and fully leather sporting steel toes and a rather high cut that comes up almost half way up the shin. The BDU pants are tucked into them.

Background:

Former Captain John Rose was a Canadian Armour officer prior to the apocalypse as many have taken to calling it. Was initially born in southern Ontario to a family of two. Parents broke up at a young age leaving him to stay with his mother moving relatively often while living a generally lower class lifestyle though not exactly poor by any means. Attended numerous different elementary schools over the years and didn't stay in one place for too long, eventually settling down by the time he reached high school.

Graduating from High school he enrolled in a Software Engineering course at his local college, taking a double major in Computer Networking to complete both in record time over the course of three years, all the while spending a year with an internship at the ministry of health. From there he took international studies, spending a year in Ireland at the Institute of Technology Tralee, advancing his software engineering diploma to a degree in computer science before finally returning home.

Working on and off for a few years, shifting between government and private sector Jobs, he eventually went back to school, this time enrolling at the Royal Military College of Canada where he embarked on a four year Degree Program, pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Military and Strategic Studies where he learned a variety of combat and leadership skills, additionally enrolling in the Schools Judo club, and spending spare time taking up Boxing at a local gym. Throughout his studies and training, John was noted to be both at odds with the leadership around him, and his peers often having large differences in values and opinions, almost getting him kicked out on numerous occasions.

Following his graduation he took an officers Commission as a Lieutenant in the Royal Canadian Dragoons, an Armoured regiment where he worked with one of the Reconnaissance Squadrons where over the course of four years he rose from the rank of 2nd Lieutenant to 1st Lieutenant and eventually Captain in which he commanded his own squadron of vehicles and men. During the time he wasn't training or otherwise working on something he spent his extra time supplementing his earnings doing freelancer programming, tutoring for young software engineers, even going so far as to write articles and tutorials for people. As an officer, John is noted for commanding his Squadron briefly at the tail end of the Syrian war, being both his first and last real deployment in command of a unit.

After that it all roughly fell apart, Civilization that is, what with a supposed zombie plague and various other things going on that threw a wrench around. As things started to get bad up north, command falling apart, supply lines breaking down, he did what was roughly for the best and deserted his post, taking whatever equipment he could snag on the way out before putting as much ground between him and the border as possible. His first few encounters with the zombies where...to say the least...strange. It took some time before he got used to dealing with them, coming up with his own methods of dealing with the threats as they came. Anything short of a horde wasn't too bad to deal with.

Somewhere along the lines he was picked up by the CDC and its allies, joining them at their facility.

Misc:

Bachelors of Arts: Military and Strategic Studies
Bachelors of Science: Computer Science
CPR Certified Level HCP w/AED

Theme/Speech Color:
"..."

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#28 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

That's a big CS.

In other news, added a visual to Moira's appearance.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

#29 Post by Tyendinaga »

I had a lot of time on my hands.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#30 Post by Lief »

For those of you curious, and I know some are, I'm still waiting on two people's sheets, and my own should be done no later than the end of the week. Assuming that's the case, the IC should go up next Monday.

You all have until then to make edits to your sheets, just notify me if you do/ask before making questionable changes.