No votes
Play it safe and start with regular Zombies!!! with no modifiers
No votes

Total votes: 3

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Experimental Boardgame Role-Play

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

This probably won't amount to anything (if it even gets off the ground) but I've had this idea for trying to do a role-play using either ‘Zombies!!! 4: The End…’ or ‘Med-evil (the Deluxe version specifically)’. Both were made by Twilight Creations with the main focus being that you build the board as you go along. In our case, players would announce which way they would go (North, South, East and West) when they wanted to move, I would then draw a tile and tell them what they got, then they would how to place it.

Here are the scenarios I have come up with.

Zombies!!! 4: The End… or Mid-evil
The players have apparently been abducted and taken to this place and…
A1. …have been turned into anthropomorphic animals.
B1. …are in the process of turning into anthropomorphic animals.
They have no real goal other than survival and…
A2. …trying to escape the clutches of their overlord who has apparently done this to them for fun.
B2. …trying to find a way out/find out what happened since whoever is behind all of this claims to be protecting them from a world which no longer accept them.

Mid-evil only.
The players are contacted by an anthropomorphic animal from another world (a Wizard may be?) who needs their help to save their people and kingdom.

Please keep in mind that it's been a long time since I've done anything like this, it'll take a while to think up an appropriate introduction posts (if this thing ever gets off the ground) and I didn't really think past the whole ‘fodder for my interests/fantasies’ parts. Is anyone interested? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

anonfox123
Grand Templar

Re: Experimental Boardgame Role-Play

#2 Post by anonfox123 »

Sounds cool, and actually having a map and encounters determined by a neutral, random entity could prevent player-side godmodding or just writing [censored] encounters for the sole purpose of making thier character look good.

Count me in if it does go somewhere.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

SkybornWG
New Citizen

#3 Post by SkybornWG »

This is a very cool idea. I love the plot lines you’ve come up with, as well as the idea of creating a map as we go along. I’d love to be a part of something like this. :nora:

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#4 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Soinds cool. Im game
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#5 Post by SirJahar »

I'm up for this. Where do I sign?

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#6 Post by jacobc62 »

Sounds cool! I would love to be a part of this!

BTW, B1 sounds like the best way to go for backstory purposes....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#7 Post by BadFoMo »

I think I might be willing to give this a try (five people interested seems to be the magic number), but first we must decide which we are going to do. Let's hope that we don't have a tie and I can write a good introduction for the winning theme.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

SkybornWG
New Citizen

#8 Post by SkybornWG »

BadFoMo wrote:I think I might be willing to give this a try (five people interested seems to be the magic number), but first we must decide which we are going to do. Let's hope that we don't have a tie and I can write a good introduction for the winning theme.
Mid-evil/Zombies, path B1 + B2, sounds the most interesting to me. First of all, we would have to imagine exactly how far into the furrination (new word~) each character is, since it might not take the same amount of time for each person, or the processes might have started at different times. Either way (A1 or B1), we’d still need to imagine what type of furry our respective OC would be, even if it’s just so that we can don some leopard-spotted ears or a white-and-cyan tiger tail. (I’d love to do sketches~!! Ooh, I’m excited already :nora: ) Secondly, with path B2, I can tell that there’s just this sense of uncertainty around the whole thing. There’s just no telling who the kidnapper is, why he/she is doing this to you, if he/she is lying to you, what’s actually going on if he/she is lying...

Also, does this mean we’ve lost all of our memories? Do we not know who we are, or have we only forgotten how we got into this place, why, how, etc? Not that I’m the one planning this out or anything of the such- I’m just theorizing what this might be like and giving ideas.

OoooohmygodI’msoexciteeed~

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Ketzal »

I'm digging this as well. I'll try it, with preferences towards b1 and b2

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#10 Post by anonfox123 »

Yeah, B1 and B2 seems pretty good, though I will be extremely busy in the coming weeks. My uni's semester starts and ends early, so I have the last round of midterms followed closely by finals.

Wolfgang penguin
New Citizen

#11 Post by Wolfgang penguin »

I would like to play/test this idea
"Spartans never die"

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#12 Post by anonfox123 »

Is this still a thing or are we giving up hope? Was looking forward to it...

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#13 Post by BadFoMo »

anonfox123 wrote:Is this still a thing or are we giving up hope? Was looking forward to it...
It's sort of still a thing. While it's not going to be exactly the same (different setting which uses the Zombies!!! Boardgame), I would still like to do a role-play where the players are turning into anthropomorphic animals.

The problems I'm suffering from is trying to find a reason why there are Zombies (or some other type of enemy) roaming the streets and buildings, and my own laziness.

goldgardian

#14 Post by goldgardian »

This is a pretty good idea. In fact it's pretty similar to an idea of mine, make a Twokinds campaign setting for 5th edition D&D

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by avwolf »

goldgardian, please don't necropost. This thread has been dead for over a year; it's fine to let it lie. We consider it necroposting (and against the rules) if the topic has been inactive for over a month. (There are exemptions: if you have something that's really on topic and restarts discussion, or if it is a "content" thread -- like a story or an art thread -- which is yours, those are fine to post in, no matter how much time has passed.) Please try to stick to active threads of discussion. Thank you.

Topic Locked