All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Nikolai-097
Templar GrandMaster

Re: The Pilgrimage: The Crusade Ablaze

#16 Post by Nikolai-097 »

AWAITING APPROVAL

Character sheet:
Appearance: I appear to be a simple knife most of the time, nothing one would look at twice unless very close to it. A knife, probably used for household chores and eating with a bone handle. No hilt, not ornamentation on the bone handle. The blade though, it shifts its pattern slowly, constantly. Were I to believe in the tricks of the mentalist, I would say it was hypnotic.
Here.

But I am not constrained to the blade. When loosed from it I appear as a sphere of perfect darkness and shrouded in blue flames that give neither heat nor comfort to those near it. It is a cold flame and it shares a feeling of dread to those that witness it.
Here.

And that is not all I can do. When Ta’vril da Kansu asks for it, or when I can overpower her will, I possess her. Her flesh thins showing the veins below in detail as they turn black. Her eyes follow suit, becoming orbs of solid black. A halo of baleful blue flames ring her head as a final touch.

Name: Sei’leith

Race: I do not know what I was or even if I have always been this way. I simply am. More than a soul, less than a wraith. I do not speculate about what I am. Call me a spirit, call me an incarnation. What you may find interesting is what I can do, what this form allows me to do.

Offensive magicks are dangerous to me, especially when I am loosed from the Pact Knife. It does not matter the type of damage dealt, as a being that may be entirely made of mana, I as susceptible to their damaging abilities. [Evocation and damaging spells are 100% more effective when in spirit form, and 60% more effective otherwise.]

Yet, this is not entirely without its advantages. Poisons, disease, and physical attacks can’t hurt me. Only while possessing Ta’vril da Kansu can I be hurt by a physical attack other than a city destroying ability. Perhaps some of the magickal weapons wielded by powerful people could hurt me as well. But I doubt it. [Immune to physical attacks, poisons, disease while in spirit form. As the Pact Knife, 70% resistance to those. While possessing Ta’vril da Kansu, resist as per her abilities.]

Whatever I am, I have a nearly inexhaustible supply of mana for my magicks and need no focus, no gestures, no components. I cast what I will, as I will it. [Does not need to rest after most mana expenditures to recharge mana and does not require any focus for any spells cast.]

Unfortunately, I have become bound with the person who wields me currently. I do not know precisely why, but I know this for a fact. If she dies, I die. If I die, she dies as well. I do not think she knows this, and I will keep this from her until I can leverage it most effectively. Perhaps the worst of this is the tie between me and the Pact Knife. I cannot leave the blade for too long, nor can I move to far from it. [As stated, if either of the soul bound die, the other follows them into the grave. Sei’lith can’t get further away than one hundred paces from the Pact Knife and Ta'vril.]

Equipment: The Pact Knife is the closest thing I have to a possession, if we do not count the girl. It is my home, my salvation, and my curse. With it, I am tied to this existence, unable to be forgotten like before. And yet, it binds me to this girl’s life and I do not trust her to keep us safe. The edge is sharper than a razor, able to cut through anything a regular knife could with no resistance and never a need for sharpening.

Skills:
Everything you ever wanted: I can corrupt anyone with enough time. My presence alone brings out the desires of those near me, making them more likely to act on them. The aura is weak now, very weak. Beyond a pace or two it is unnoticeable, but inside that everyone can feel the tickling feeling telling them to act to fulfill their desires. The girl, bound to me as she is, is slowly coming round to my way of thinking.

Pure Essence: For whatever reason, I am most adept at spell casting and magick. While I do not claim to be skilled in all the arts, I instinctively know the generalities of any spell, save the most complex, cast near me.

From the School of Illusion
Auras: I can cast a spell that gives the target a specific aura that others feel. Fear and dread are my favorites, but the least used. Most often, I cast spells to convince others that the bearer of the aura is kind, charming, and safe. And of unimportance. Why bother becoming invisible when no one can be bothered to notice you in the first place?

Terror: This spell is wonderfully underused at the current time. With this I can send the target a vision of something that terrifies them. Asleep, they find themselves locked in a nightmare until I relent. The waking world is not always a refuge however, and targets who are awake see visions or hear the sounds of that which haunts them. Stronger willed opponents can face their fears however, and mages of sufficient strength can see through this ability.

From the School of Divination
Mind Reading: I can read the minds of any who I focus on. The longer I focus on the target the more information I can dig out of their minds. It starts with surface thoughts, but it grinds deeper until I can learn everything about them. Mages and the strong willed can detect or feel this and lock me out for a time, but I assure you that I can out wait them. Additionally, people with strong thoughts on a particular subject take longer, their fixation takes time to break past.

Distal Viewing: I can send what I’m seeing and hearing to Ta’vril da Kansu. Of course, I’m limited in how far I can travel from her, but this is a useful ability.

From the School of Necromancy
Commune with Dead; I can speak with the spirits of the dead. For the most part they babble about pointless things that I have no care to listen to, but every so often they know something I need. And the dead have few reasons to hold back what they knew in life.

Consume Life: This spell is more like a trait I have than something I do intentionally. Everything the Pact Knife kills, everything that I cause to die gives me an increase in power. Unfortunately it is less than an infinitesimal portion of their life force, but given time I will be returned to power.

Personality: I hate everything. More or less. But I am limited in my ability to show this in a meaningful way. So I bide my time, build my power, and work at turning Ta’vril away from her foolishness about the sanctity of life and death. Nothing is more important than me and my desires. Only because I am tied to her, do I bother bowing to the girl’s whims. But she’ll fall in the end as will any other I need to make use of. This world is beneath me, the glories of my past may be lost to me currently, yet I will return myself to them. And then the world will quake at my passing.

History: The only things I am certain of is that I am from Outside and that I used to have significant power. I don’t know how long I drifted in this weakened state. But I found the girl, Ta’vril da Kansu, and bonded with her. I know that she has a quest of sorts and is pursued by a group demanding that she appease some upstart god of this world. I do not yet know how many there are, but if they interfere, they will die. I do not have the time nor the patience required to exterminate them now, and most likely I lack the power. But there will come a day of reckoning.

Theme: Natura Renovatur
I will also punish without hesitation the weak, the incompetent, and the treasonous.— Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt

ALWAYS ANGRY! ALL THE TIME!-Angry Marines Battle Cry

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#17 Post by Myperson54 »

Gah, I'll start writing properly now... :P Expect a mostly-finished sheet to be PMed to you by Sunday, Geo

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Sorry I have yet to post despite my numerous times I have appeared on the forum; my computer needs to be fixed, so I am using an extra until I get my computer back.

Nikolai and Newgirl are accepted, interesting set up.

I hope to see it myperson. :)

edit: I have also placed all the current approved people in RP within the second post.

Edit 2: edit harder: I am placing a notice, I am going to start the RP about next week, not this week but the following, depending on how my schedule is looking, which should be good. I will reiterate that it will remain open for all ya'll you said you wanted to join and have yet to place in your sheet when the RP starts. We shouldn't be that far in.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#19 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Changed a few things.

Fireball is now Lightning Bolt, and Samos has a young daughter.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#20 Post by Lief »

Definitely joining, working on a character now. Took me long enough.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#21 Post by Myperson54 »

Pre-approved.

Appearance: Standing 7' exactly!

Name: Gawain Cadwgan

Race: Outsider

Equipment:

Moralltach, Great Fury - (Pictured) This sword measures at roughly 5' long and can be held in either one or two of Gawain's massive claws, granting him a far greater reach than might be expected. The interior of the blade is made of a kind of high-quality metal, while the edge is made of finely-tempered crystal-metal fusion. Between the hilt and the blade of the sword is a rotating chamber of Badabon design. It contains cartridges which, when activated, set his sword ablaze. They're incredibly expensive, as is the revolver mechanism, so he doesn't use them much.

Clothes - Gawain's clothes are mostly limited to hardened leather and cotton weave, with silk underclothes to allow for comfort and a wide range of movement. The cape which extends from under his collar wraps around slightly, and can be used to conceal his wings, among other items.

Helmet - He rarely wears it, only doing so if there's a threat he knows can seriously hurt him or if he wishes to conceal his identity.

Knapsack - Contains an assortment of herbs and spices, one knife, a special whetstone (rarely, if ever, used), flint and tinder, turpentine, and medical dressings.

Skills:

Natural Armour - Gawain's scales are significantly tougher than most lesser beings' fleshy hides.

Strength - Years of training plus a naturally hefty build have made this lizard into a beast - One story about him says he once threw a fully-grown bull at a man during a fight.

Glide on, Spyro! - Gawain is far too heavy to generate lift from a standstill, but he is able to use his wings to slow a descent or to glide from high places.

Multi-limbed - Gawain's fighting technique isn't all about his sword; He's also capable of using his long tail (5') or wings (16' total) to batter enemies. That's not counting his claws, teeth, and on occasion, feet!

Stewin' up a Good Stew - There are more than just combat abilities, of course! Gawain is quite the accomplished (and creative) cook.

I can smell you! - Gawain is more sensitive to scent than most other creatures.

Handcrafter - Gawain enjoys working with his hands in his free time. While it's almost unthinkable that any kind of fine craftsmanship could come out of his massive hands, it's something he enjoys working on.

Personality:
Gawain is a proud creature, and steadfast in his decisions. While he has no problem being part of a team, his strong will can put him at odds with others, especially if he's opposed to an idea or decision. While he prefers well-evidenced, tested and planned actions, he's capable of putting faith in beings or tactics of significant worth. As far as appearances go, he puts out an atmosphere of regality and professionalism. There's little which can faze him.

History:
Gawain is a lizard-like creature not too dissimilar to the Slaman race; Perhaps an ancient ancestor which never came to Arkenfall. He was once a respected general in his city's military, and commanded a large amount of power. However, a plague descended upon his people, forcing him to flee. Taking this as both a bad omen from his gods, and as a real and present threat, he left for lands unknown. He wandered endlessly, not knowing where he was headed, until he ended up in Arkenfall. For about a year now he's been working as a smith in the town of Gutesova, but it seems fate has other plans for him...

Miscellaneous:
- Gawain despises necromancy in all forms.
- He might have been a man of power in the past, but he's more than willing to sacrifice himself for anyone he respects. Honour - Proper honour - is a very real concept to him.
- Don't call him "lizard". Don't.

Theme: I'll choose this when I find an appropriate tune.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#22 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Sorry I have yet to post the IC today. The weather is pretty bad and I have been sick for quite some time and my room is not helping the situation. I will try and see if I can post it up during this week, hopefully I am feeling a bit better.

As for characters. There will be no more new characters and all positions have been locked. If you have already stated that you will be joining previous to this lock and have yet to submit a character then you are exempt from the rule and still allowed to post said character. If you have yet to post a character and still thinking about joining, then you'll have to wait until the end of Act I.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#23 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Did I forget about this, did I forget about this.

Good thing it was approved a while ago.
InceptionBwaaa wrote:Appearance: Relatively tall for her age, at a whopping 5'5, her feathers are a speckled brown, her eyes a deep green-blue, and her beak is a light brown like her mother's. Rosalyn is 12, coming upon her thirteenth. Linky

Name: Rosalyn Mai'ahl Gol

Race: Torlman

Equipment:
Tattered robe
Hunting knife
A small spool of rope
An old leather bound book, written in an ancient language
A large yew bow
A quiver w/ 17 steel head arrows
A deerskin canteen
And a travel pack to carry it all in

Skills:
Wilderness Experience: Rosalyn is a good hunter, both in setting traps and taking down larger prey, like fawns and badgers.

Large Wings: Her wings are larger than average, so she has a longer period of gliding through the air. She can also flap them at a target to momentarily stun them.

School of Illusion
Muffled Steps: Rosalyn casts this to make herself completely silent when moving. Simple as that.

Chameleon: She casts this to make herself slightly invisible, though the warbling of light is still slightly visible. Skilled images can see through it, but she uses it to hunt, anyway, so she doesn't want.

Personality: Rosalyn was once a happy, carefree little girl, but since her escape from her captors, she has been seen as very introverted and antisocial.

History: Rosalyn was born in Gutesova, and she lived there for many years. In her spare time, she taught herself and was taught how to hunt, prepare game, and all in all live off the land. At the start of Samos's quest, she was kidnapped by a group of mercenaries thirsting for Samos's blood. Eventually, she escaped, and used her skills to survive away from any town. Sure, she could've returned, but she likes it out here.

Miscellaneous: Rosalyn never particularly liked her father, but respects him immensely; he was the one who taught her magic.

Theme: N/A
Note: this should be read as a week or so into the journey.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#24 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Pre-approved.

Appearance:
Standing 5’5”, Amelia is a thin, moderately freckled, lightly tanned young woman with straight shoulder-length, dirty blonde hair that is kept firmly tied in a bun at the base of her head. She has wide light grey eyes, and slender fingers and limbs frequently found waving about as she either attempts to explain a vague remark by her dominant side, or compounding the confusion by continuing with more strange utterings. Mildly athletic in appearance, her lack of scars or blemishes implies the lack of a hard life.
Outfit:
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... male_2.jpg

Name:
Amelia Verdalm

Race:
Human

Equipment:
Medium Pack: Basic travelling equipment including a small pack containing a few weeks’ worth of dry and tasteless rations, two water skins, twenty feet of decent rope, flint and steel, etc.

Clothing(Enchanted): One spare set of clothing, identical to the first. Both are able to regulate the temperature slightly and protect her from a stray arrow, but are not going to stand up to a determined swordsman. In both cases, the necklace is decoration, not magical foci.

Spellbook (Enchanted): A thick brown textbook, bound with faded leather and carefully wrapped by leather strings and cloth, shrunk down to the size of her palm and lightened to match, this functions as a grimoire and journal of her experiences. Protected against the elements and even able to block a sword without tearing, this has served her faithfully for most of her life alone. Some who have come near it swore it hissed at them, pages rustling ominously. All protective enchantments were given by a friendly fellow travelling mage years ago.

Quarterstaff: A plain staff with a mana crystal shoved firmly onto one end, this serves as her main foci. Capped with copper on the base to avoid excess wear, and reinforced with copper rings along the staff.

Mana Crystals (2): Two backup mana crystals, each the size of a small child’s fist, are kept on her person, usually in a pouch inside her clothing.

Skills:
(When Pigs Fly) Basic Transmutation: Amelia understands the basic principles of transfiguration and transmutation. She may alter beings and objects smaller than a young human child or of moderate complexity, granting or removing properties, but this level of knowledge does not allow her to make the transition permanent.

(From A Writing Desk to a Raven) Advanced Transmutation: At this level of understanding, Amelia is no longer limited by size or complexity up to the size of a small home, or if it is so complex that it borders on the absurd, such as transmuting only a single cell’s inner workings. Further, her speed has been improved to be lightning-quick if the transmutation is simple, like transforming a sword into a bundle of wheat. The cost for spells has been reduced by her improved efficiency, and she may perform many basic transmutation spells before tiring.

Transmutations may now be permanent, but anything beyond the changing of an object’s properties is nastily exhausting, with more radical shifts such as the permanent transformation of a human into a newt granting instant unconsciousness from the cost. Interestingly, wounds may now be removed, but this is far more costly than a healing spell of the same degree, as the transmutation must cause the ‘Wounded’ being to become ‘Unwounded’, a property substitution which falls under the same rules-if the transmutation is only temporary, the wound will reappear in full upon the magic expiring. However, the magical cost of such spells relates to the amount of flesh disfigured by the wound, rather than severity itself. It should be noted that she could cause wounds to appear on someone by transmuting them from ‘Unwounded’ to ‘Wounded’, but even a scratch would be nearly incapacitating for her.

With this, Amelia is capable of even transmuting simpler magic, but only if the target is relatively static, such as a ward or slow creature, and not a magical explosion inches from her nose. The results may vary, but she cannot create a spell in a school she does not know. Typically, transmuting a spell will result in nothing more than a spray of ethereal energy, as she does not understand the school of Conjuring or Evocation, but she can channel the energy into another transmutation spell if there is a convenient target within a few feet of the original spell. This level of knowledge does not allow her to grant transmutations carrying magical properties, such as mystical eyes which pierce illusions, but she may possibly be able to remove simple properties. Naturally, undoing transmutation spells is easier than any other.

Range decreases the potency of her magic sharply, with twenty feet as her comfortable range, and fifty feet as the point where her magic is no longer appreciable.

Amelia may also animate inanimate objects into the semblance of life, although the new object has no sentience and can only carry out simple commands given just upon creation, such as “Destroy X” or “Carry X”. Living creatures may not be transmuted into nonliving objects. Attempts to do so are met with total failure thus far.

(Had You Fooled All Along) Split Personality: Her fractured persona means she might be the picture of innocence while the other half plots your downfall without a single sign of deceit. This also allows the preparation of magic while physically performing other actions, but does nothing to protect her from mental magic. However, if a spell attempts to target her soul, only the currently active personality will be affected to the fullest potential, while the other personality is only somewhat subject to the spell.

(I Prefer My Blood On the Inside) Rudimentary Combat Ability: Amelia understands the value of keeping sharp sticks on the exterior of her interior. While nearly useless with any sort of weapon, she is reasonably able to dodge common dangers for at least a few frantic seconds.

(A Discount Survivalist) Basic Self-Sufficiency: Amelia can survive if dropped into the wilderness, although she will not thrive.

Personality:
“Two, one, not lacking yet still gone, why can’t one be the other?”
“Oh, give our face a rest, you’ll tire it out someday.”
“Tugging on the loose strands, so much to give, yet already given so much.”
“Is that an insult? A compliment? Are you saying my-er, our, face is wrinkled?!”
“Much the same as the other, twist and turn until one is the other, until none may say it is one.”
“Fine, a compliment.”

Amelia Verdalm is a woman with two personalities sharing one head. The dominant half is a helpful and friendly person who speaks in frequent bursts of seeming nonsense and ambiguous words. Her other half is much more short-tempered and more immature, easily insulted and willing to respond in kind with little provocation, although she can be calmed without much fuss and both are eager to banter with others in their own way.

Both consider themselves to be Amelia, but the two sides tend to agree on most topics, having come to the realization that if you are permanently stuck to someone, you may as well get along with them. Although the more enigmatic side is usually in control of their body, either may attempt to seize control at any given moment. Both sides are fiercely passionate about magic, being determined to push the limits of transfiguration until they die.

History:
Born as a daughter of merchants twenty six years ago, then quietly leaving her family after she realized they could no longer tolerate her broken mind, Amelia has lived a rather peaceful and content life since. There is no dark rumor haunting her steps, as she is hardly unusual enough to attract unwanted attentions, especially when combined with her preference for travelling. Although she has met many mages, discussed theory and practiced alike, she is still too young and inexperienced to be noted in the legacy of anything.

Miscellaneous:
Amelia is deeply upset by her unwilling role in the Pilgrimage. She will do much to spit in the eye of the Cazador and the Pilgrimage, although she is unwilling to sacrifice others to save herself so far.

Theme:
TBD
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#25 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Haha, finally got it before the end of the week.

As I said, my stance of late character still stands. So Far I have two that have gave me PMs about their characters.

So yes, here is the beginning of the world you are about to enter. Take the first part as you will, it is there to simply set the mood.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#26 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Just in case, we are all in the same town, yes? Some longer than others, but we were all in this town for at least a few days, correct?
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#27 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Just in case, we are all in the same town, yes? Some longer than others, but we were all in this town for at least a few days, correct?

Yes, we should all be in Gutesova.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#28 Post by Lief »

There we go, finally finished. And accepted via PM! Mind the writing style, won't be posting in a first-person perspective. I wanted to do something different for the CS though. EDIT: Minor change so it makes sense that she has a scarf to start with.

Appearance: I stand at roughly 5'6. I have various scars from various injuries, and I do not enjoy discussing this. This is my combat attire. I typically wear loose plainclothes, tan pants and a long-sleeved faded green shirt, along with a plain-looking brown cloak of fine manufacture. To match the cloak I often wear a long-brimmed leather hat, dark brown and very soft, though rigid enough to retain its shape. The left side is pinned up, as is custom in my homeland. Recently, I acquired a brilliant green scarf which I keep loosely wrapped so as to hide the scar on my neck.

Name: Caitria Kavanaugh, if you must know. If you find yourself unable to pronounce it, call me Kate.

Race: Human, as far as I am able to tell. I am not familiar with my exact ancestry and thus am incapable of being certain.

Gender: I am a woman both physically and mentally. I do occasionally masquerade as a man, however.

Equipment: I carry what I need.
Leather Armor (Pictured) - This is my armor. It has served me well, and I am glad to have it. Several pieces have been replaced, and aside from the left sleeve and vambrace is scuffed and otherwise worn. The sleeve and vambrace were badly damaged and recently repaired by a skilled magician. In my experience it is capable of turning arrows if they do not have sufficient power behind them or strike at an angle. It protects well against most knives and daggers, though it does have its soft spots. Overall it maintains a good degree of flexibility and does not hinder my movement. On the rare occasion I am not wearing it, I still wear the boots. The boots are incredibly comfortable to wear, even while traveling long distances.
Ceremonial Dagger (Pictured) - A gift from my mother. Given to me when I departed. It holds little sentimental value, as I did not care for her. If not for its excellent craftsmanship, I would have thrown it away or sold it at the first opportunity. Despite its intricate appearance, it is suited for combat and maintains much more utility than most ceremonial blades. The most notable thing about it is how well it retains an edge. According to my mother, it has been sharp enough to shave with ever since it came into my family's possession. It still is, though I would not recommend using it for this purpose.
Throwing Knives (Pictured) - Several types of blades that I carry for various purposes. The thin ones work excellently at finding soft spots in heavy armor. The thicker, heavier ones are for unarmored or lightly armored targets. I also carry intermediate blades that serve a more general purpose than the others. All of them are perfectly weighted for throwing, so long as you know how. The majority of them are carried on my person, though I do keep spares in one of my packs and I have a few attached to the inside of my cloak. They are of excellent craftsmanship, forged by the smiths in my hometown. The only other place I have seen them is in the Badaur markets, selling for a premium.
Sword - A simple weapon for a simple task. I recently acquired this, as my usual tactics and weapons do me little good in a straight up fight. I was told I should get a shield as well, but my frame is not suited to such a setup and the merchant was being greedy enough already. The steel is of good quality, and the smith who shaped it of great skill. It would be no small task to break this blade, and I do hope it lasts considering what I paid for it.
Plainclothes - As I mentioned previously. I carry a change of clothes and undergarments in a pack.
Small Packs - Several small packs that have been attached to one another in place of a larger one. They are easier to conceal under a cloak. One contains nothing but clothing, and the occasional fragile object. Another contains spare blades and the equipment I require to maintain my gear, as well as some fishing line and a few hooks. A third contains nonperishable food, enough to last myself a week or more if I ration it correctly. A fourth contains medicinal supplies, herbs, bandages and the like. Some of which may be lethal if used improperly. I also have a metal canteen attached to the side and a bedroll strapped to the top.
Cloak - A fine cloak. Made from a heavy material I cannot identify, it is comfortable to wear for long periods, not too hot in the summer, and quite warm in the winter. In spite of how long I have owned it, there is no visible mark on it. It appears to be heavily resistant to tearing, although I refuse to test its limits. It also does not stain. Anything that gets on it washes out surprisingly easily. I do not recall where or how I acquired this, but it is a treasured possession.
Hat - This is also a treasured possession, for different reasons than my cloak. It is a reminder of home. It is made of high quality leather common in my hometown, and as I mentioned before, incredibly soft to the touch, yet rigid enough to retain its shape. It is rare that I am not wearing it, but it does have a strap so that I can attach it to my packs.
Scarf - A simple strip of cloth, used to keep warm in the winter or keep sand out of your face in the desert. It is cheaper than most of my gear, but the cloth is well-woven, comfortable, and the color is amazing. I originally purchased this as a gift, though in my current situation I believe I should hang onto it.

Skills: This is what you ask? What is to stop me from claiming I am better than I really am? If you insist...
Assassinry - I am an experienced assassin and have the skills befitting such a profession. Yes, I am skilled at concealing myself and moving quietly. I also know how to create certain poisons, and how to conceal them in food. Do not worry, I can create the antidotes too. As well, I have been trained in the use of bows, but I do not carry one. I prefer daggers. There are several unique points on the human body that I am quite aware of, as well as those of other races. I know how to spot and take advantage of weaknesses in armor, and I like to think I'm agile enough to do so.
Daggerwork - I believe I am quite skilled in the use of daggers, whether they be of the throwing kind or the fighting kind. I find dirks to be a tad unwieldy, but nonetheless am familiar enough to utilize them in combat if the need arises. I am also capable of using my throwing knives in a handheld fashion, though they are not meant for this use, sometimes it is necessary.
Swording - Recently I began training with a with a large lizard who taught me to use a sword. I am still a beginner, but I would like to think I could hold my own against a mere bandit. As current events have reunited me with the lizard sooner than expected, I hope to learn more soon.
Woman v. Wild - Some minor schooling and several years of travel have given me the skills I need to survive on the road for long periods of time. I know how to fish, trap small game, and can spot edible or medicinal plants. I am a capable cook, though 'flavor' is beyond my expertise. I also know the basics of medical treatment. I can also start a fire, but this should be common knowledge for travelers.
There are other things I am familiar with that are not important enough to mention.

Personality: I do not believe one should judge their own personality, you would have to ask someone who knows me. May I suggest Sir Gawain?
Gawain: "From what I know of her, Caitria is... Strong-willed. Professional. She can be blunt at times, but I know that this mostly comes from her role as an assassin. One cannot develop too-close bonds with those they may be required to kill. Despite her outwards appearances, "Kate" is actually rather pleasant to be around, once you have become familiar. She is intelligent and thoughtful: a good conversationalist."

History: Surely you do not wish to know my entire history? It would be boring and filled with complaints of my mother. Instead I will tell you of something more recent. For the first time in years I decided to travel to my hometown, I was coming from the Tundra to the North, and my travels happened to take me through Gutesova. Though not in the manner I expected. Did you know they had a Great Bear in the forest just to the West of town? He was not pleased to see me, nor I him. He attacked me and we fought, if it could be considered that. He was the one who fell, though I did not escape unharmed. My arm was nearly in tatters, and I was lucky to have found a smith's shack on the outskirts of town. It was run by Sir Gawain, who was working the forge at the time. After some hasty words and hastier medical treatment, I ended up staying there for a good month and a half while I recovered. This is when I ended up learning to use a sword, as I expressed interest and Sir Gawain enjoyed the sparring. Eventually I had to continue my travels, as I wished to visit my home again. I took a small detour to the Badaur markets, as I needed to purchase a few things, and my armor was in dire need of repairs. It took a week and several days to reach the markets, and I left two days later. I never made it to my hometown before this... Ritual occurred. Being familiar with Sir Gawain, and having stayed at his estate previously, I invited myself to his home for the time being.

Miscellaneous: My hometown is in the South-Eastern portion of the Vrakan Plains, owned by a minor noble house of which I am part.
I enjoy the presence of dogs, and would like to have one someday. My profession is not suited for pets, however. Perhaps when I retire.
As for my use of East and West instead of Esten and Westen, it is a quirk I picked up from a traveling companion. East refers to Esten and West refers to Westen, if that was not obvious. They flow better in writing and speech, which is why I use them. I do not know why my companion used them but I assume the same, judging by how often he wrote during our short time together.

Theme: TBD

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#29 Post by Myperson54 »

I'm really hoping Red posts soon, cause I don't want us to leave him behind before he even gets one word in. That said, I'm going to try and get a post up either tonight or tomorrow. I want this one to survive. :P

the red soldier
Even my blood is socialist red.

#30 Post by the red soldier »

Sorry for the delay, unexpected circumstances have conspired against me having any free time as of late. Expect a post late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Go ahead though without me, my character can literally show up anywhere as anything, kind of his thing.