Moderator: Moderators

SirDrinkalot

Patria Aeterna OOC

#1 Post by SirDrinkalot »

Theme Song

"...You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time, run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down..."
Five years have passed since the war between the Templars and the Keidran and a strained peace now exists between the peoples of Mekkan, after the intervention of the Basitin fought both Human and Keidran factions to a standstill. The world has changed much, since then, with the eastern Basitin now controlling a vast swathe of the southern coast and having the most powerful fleet.

Both Wolf and Tiger clans have lost territory to this invasion, but the hardest hit, has been the Human Empire. Losing most of its forces and fleet, after having to fight a war on two fronts, the Humans are still struggling with the loss of their status as dominant power in Mekkan. The costs of the disastrous war have led to an economic crisis in Human lands and the destruction of their armies has rendered the Empire defenseless against the warlords who rose to power in the aftermath. Now a unified nation in name only, the Humans are divided into several factions, all vying for power, the most dangerous of which, being the reformed Templars.

Overwhelmed by poverty and civil war, the Humans are powerless against the now-common raids that the Wolf and Dog clans, frequently conduct upon the Empire, many of which penetrating very deep into Human territory, due to a very weak opposition. Humanity is now cornered and faces the imminent collapse of its civilization.

The Basitin's surprise attack has worked well in their favor, enabling them to crush all opposition and march virtually unopposed into the Human capital, which they now occupy. They are now the dominant faction in Mekkan, but are facing numerous challenges, as the Human population in the occupied territories, refuses to convert to Basitin culture. Adding to the riots, are frequent attempts by various Human warlords to retake the capital.

Also, due to their relative lack of experience in policing international waters, Dog Clan pirates now roam the Grand Ocean, plundering and pillaging along the former Human coast, at their leisure. The Fox Keidran have been almost completely enslaved by the Dogs, with only a few pockets of resistance still remaining, only surviving due to the Dog Clan's forces being redirected towards the Dog/Wolf border, in anticipation of their inevitable conflict.

What is worse, a huge storm has appeared in the south-west and is now heading straight for the Basitin Islands. This enormous, World Storm, threatens to engulf the center of Basitin civilization and no one seems to figure out what is causing this maelstrom, or how to stop it.
Hi folks. New here, but not new to RPing. Been reading the comic these past few days and came up with an idea for an RP, set in the TwoKinds universe. The RP is a mixture between TwoKinds, my favorite videogame series (Gothic) and my own ideas. The story takes place five years after the events in the comics and it begins in the former capital of the Human Empire, which has now become a multicultural hub of trade. Keidran traders are tolerated by the Basitin occupation forces and the Wolves are especially common, seeking to hire bands of Human mercenaries to serve as catapult fodder and additional forces, in their upcoming conflict with the Dogs. The Wolves also frequently buy Human convicts and criminals from the Basitin, to serve as slave labor in their rapidly expanding war machine.

Human mages still enjoy a priviledged status, due to the Basitin's lack of magic forcing them to hire Human spellcasters to serve in the ranks of their armies. In the impoverished Human sectors of the cities, a harsh curfew is imposed, in an attempt to forcibly convert the Humans to Basitin culture. This has backfired, however, causing frequent riots, which have forced the Basitin to deploy a very large military presence in the city. All-in-all, the situation is very tense, with another major war at risk of erupting at any time.

Create your character and post it below. The rules are very simple: No overpowered characters are allowed and you start in the former capital of the Human Empire. Stick with the forum rules and the races in the TwoKinds universe. I am looking for a varied party of characters and I will only approve one dragon (more would be overpowered). However, only the best-written dragon character will be selected and know that in this RP, the group will be encountering forces which have the capability to kill dragons. You will find my character application below.
Appearance: (Picture) ----- A tall man, standing at 1.93 meters, this brutish-looking, dark haired man, has icy blue eyes and a muscular build. Dressing in simple clothes and a red cloak, he also wears a worn bracer on his right forearm and keeps his long hair tied into a ponytail with a strip of red cloth. He carries a massive, two-handed greatsword with strange crystal symbols inlaid into the blade itself.

Personality: Westender is a sarcastic, conflicted man with a very short temper and prone to violence, but disciplined and cunning during a fight, traits which have earned him the respect of the Basitin occupation forces, even though he has, at times, been in the employ of enemies of the Basitin. He does not seem to share most Humans' prejudice against the Keidran, though he seems to treat all people, regardless of race or gender, with a cold, pragmatic attitude and does not hesitate to resort to violence, when someone irritates him. Naturally, this attitude has not gained him many friends and so, he spends most of his free time in taverns, showing a curious interest in the World Storm.

History: Not much is known about Westender's past, though it is believed he was a soldier during the war, which has taken up the path of the mercenary, like many other former soldiers who found themselves without a source of income, after the end of the hostilities. What is known is that about a year ago, he started taking jobs as an independent sword-for-hire and has been employed as a bodyguard for a Templar warlord for several months, before coming to the former capital of the Empire, when he started taking on assignments from the Basitin themselves.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Patria Aeterna OOC

#2 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I am a little interested, but there's quite a few questions I have.

To what degree do the events of the comic affect the RP?

What happened to all the comic characters? While some of them may have simply died or vanished, big characters like the Templar leaders wouldn't have remained silent during this crisis, especially since there were so many schemes tied to the current cast.

How much combat are we expecting to see? I'd like to make a primarily non-combat oriented character, but that won't be of any help if bandits are falling from the skies, or if our goal becomes to slay an entire faction.

Do you have a loose plotline in mind? It's fine not to have everything in stone for the next ten arcs, but it would be a heck of a lot better if there's a plot instead of having us free roam, especially since that tends to fragment the party.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

SirDrinkalot

#3 Post by SirDrinkalot »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:I am a little interested, but there's quite a few questions I have.

To what degree do the events of the comic affect the RP?

What happened to all the comic characters? While some of them may have simply died or vanished, big characters like the Templar leaders wouldn't have remained silent during this crisis, especially since there were so many schemes tied to the current cast.

How much combat are we expecting to see? I'd like to make a primarily non-combat oriented character, but that won't be of any help if bandits are falling from the skies, or if our goal becomes to slay an entire faction.

Do you have a loose plotline in mind? It's fine not to have everything in stone for the next ten arcs, but it would be a heck of a lot better if there's a plot instead of having us free roam, especially since that tends to fragment the party.
Well, the RP does take place five years after the events in the comics. It picks up from where things are in the latest issue, with the Templar and Wolf Clan being at war and the Templar's attempted sabotage of the Basitin triggering tensions which would eventually lead to a Basitin invasion into human lands. As for the characters in the comic, you'll just have to wait and see, as I don't wanna' reveal any spoilers.

As for combat, it will be mixed. It won't be a continuous, non-stop battle, but there will be some action, depending on how the plot progresses. However, I don't see a reason why a mainly non-combat character shouldn't be around. The RP will focus more on character development and politics, than actual fighting, though there will be some intense fight scenes and a couple of large-scale battles, later on.

There is a plot, but I don't want to go much into detail, as I want some things to be quite a shock, as I have several major plot twists and surprises planned. You may have noticed a few references to the World Storm. The title of the RP (Patria Aeterna) is also a little hint. For now, just create a character and start off somewhere in the Human Empire capital. To gather the party, I will use NPCs and various events, depending on each character.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#4 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Sorry, I'll specify. I don't need/want to know what Trace is doing right this second, but as a character in the Human Empire, or as a Basitin in general, things like "What happened to Keith" or "Did Maddy vanish into the unknown" would be relevant. There are some basic things that our characters should know depending on their origins, especially if they were formerly placed in some position of authority or power. Or even if they don't know, they'd have knowledge of widely held beliefs.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

SirDrinkalot

#5 Post by SirDrinkalot »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Sorry, I'll specify. I don't need/want to know what Trace is doing right this second, but as a character in the Human Empire, or as a Basitin in general, things like "What happened to Keith" or "Did Maddy vanish into the unknown" would be relevant. There are some basic things that our characters should know depending on their origins, especially if they were formerly placed in some position of authority or power. Or even if they don't know, they'd have knowledge of widely held beliefs.
Ah, I see what you mean. Well, in that case, I hope you don't mind me using spoiler tags.
Spoiler!
Trace, Flora and the crew arrived on the mainland just as the war started in earnest. They tried to defuse the tensions by organizing a peace summit, held by the Tiger Clan, but the Templar attempted to assassinate them. The assassination attempt failed because Keith managed to overhear the Templars and figured out what they were planning, but this led to the Templar delegation leaving the conference, which ended in utter failure. The gang then tried to gather as many people who were opposed to the war, with them, then they went to Lyn'Knoll, where they currently reside. They'll be making a reappearance later on. The second group (Raine, DBE, Sythe) split up at first, with DBE (whom, for practical reasons, we'll call Red in this thread), rejoining the Templar. After the war ended, Red became one of the warlords who now control what's left of the Human Empire and made Sythe one of his generals. What sets him apart from the other warlords is that he allows Keidran into the ranks of his army. Raine was captured by one of the other Templar warlords and is now being held in an unknown location.