Halo: Shade of Benevolence OOC/ Sign-up ((Re-trying.))

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Drek'Thar Vadal

Halo: Shade of Benevolence OOC/ Sign-up ((Re-trying.))

#1 Post by Drek'Thar Vadal »

Greetings, all of you. You may have seen my previous under of a post, which was spawned from spending time within RPing communities with a more sudden nature than this one. If I could put a positive spin upon my blunder, it would be that I suggest you to view it as a sample, if you will. Moving on. I hope this will go much more swimmingly, and I hope you'll find the information I have given you below sufficient. Let us begin, shall we?

The Plot:

Note: This RP will be a crossover of the Halo and TwoKinds canon. If this foreword dissuades you, I am sorry. If not, continue to read.

The current year is 2557, four years after the end of the Human-Covenant war, and around half a year after the New Phoenix incident. The stage is set between during a battle within an unknown vector of space, set between three ships. The Shade of Benevolence, a CCS-class Covenant cruiser, commanded by the seasoned Sangheili shipmaster, Drek'Thar Vadal, it's forces consisting of a large mass of Sangheili whom defected from Jul 'Mdama's Remnant. The Sanguine Cleric, a destroyer-class warship commanded by the Jiralhanae Chieftain Joturus and his pack. The third and finale vessel is the UNSC Round'A'Bout, a light frigate. Boarding craft from the Cleric and Round'A'Bout storm Vadal's vessel, in which a three-way firefight ensues. Confident in his men, Vadal orders for a slipspace jump, believing that the invaders would be slaughtered by his Sangheili brethren. However, as the Benevolence's drive is activated, a volley from the Cleric pierces the cruiser's shielding and hull, damaging the slipspace drive greatly. The cruiser jumps, taking both the surviving Sangheili, as well as their Jiralhanae and Human foes, with them.

The unstable core causes the portal to somehow shift, melding with different dimensions. This causes incredible damage to the cruiser, nearly destroying it. The CCS's mangled and burning wreckage crawls out of the unstable portal, crash-landing on an unknown planet during it's twilight hours. These jungle-lands belong to more than just beasts, though. It belongs to the Keidran. Now, the various survivors of the Benevolence must learn to coexist not just with each other, but the natives, if they have any wish of even trying to return home.

Rules:

1.) No god-modding, Mary-Sues, ect.

2.) Do not argue or bicker with others. If there is a problem, kindly message me.

3.) Put effort into your grammar and dialogue. I entrust we are all writers of a good degree here, and I expect as much in quality.

4.) Do not kill another person's character without their permission!

5.) Treat named NPCs as player characters. Slaughtering a bunch of crazed ferals is acceptable. Killing Kerzon Xydosai, swordmaster of the Xydos bloodline, with a single strike will not slide.

Characters

Note: There will be a limit of ten players, including myself, to make for a diversity of characters, but to still have a manageable party.

Character description format:

Name:

Race: Note: We should all be familiar with the races of the TwoKinds canon. Races from the Halo canon include: Sangheili (Elites), Jiralhanae (Brutes), Kig'Yar (Jackals & Skirmishers), Unggoy (Grunts), Mgalekgolo (Hunters), Hugarok (Engineers), and Humans. All races listed, as well as all races canon within the TwoKinds universe, are playable.

Physical description: (Can be brief or long)

Equipment: Note: In order to compensate for the technology of the TwoKinds universe, the slipspace portal has rendered all Human Ballistic weapons and Covenant plasma weaponry useless. This includes energy shields, active camouflage, and other enhancements.

Armor: (Description or picture, you may choose)

Skills:

Bio:

----------------------------
Note: When making your character, understand allegiances, language barriers, and culture. Humans from the TwoKind universe and Humans from the Halo universe will be vastly different. A Sangheili and a Jiralhanae will not get along, unless provided special situations. As a common point for dialogue, English will be used for the Human tongue of Twokinds. Otherwise, use <> for Keidran, {} For Basitan, and // for the various Covenant dialect.
----------------------------

Name: Drek'Thar Vadal

Race: Sangheili

Physical Description: Drek is taller than the average Sangheili, standing at eight feet, one inch. He has palish-white skin, with brown ridges and bumps located all throughout his body. His eyes are azure blue. He is fairly clean of scars, save minor cuts from skirmishes.

Equipment: T-1 Plasma Sword (DEFECTIVE.) T-51 Carbine (DEFECTIVE.) Personal Energy-Shield (Offline.) Steel Carbide Curveblade.

Armor: Personalized Remnant-model Zealot class combat harness. Dark gold in color, holographics a light blue.

Skills:
1.) Zealot: Drek'Thar is of the zealot warrior class, having personally killed hundreds in battle to earn his rank.

2.) Warrior of Old: Drek'Thar is a seasoned veteran, and a skilled tactician, working off of a lifetime of warfare.

3.) Diverse allies: Vadal can cooperate and work with other races easily.

4.) The sword demands blood: Drek'Thar follows a strict code of discipline and honor, rarely leading him to commit sinful acts or betray his word.

Bio: Drek'Thar was born many years before Humanity was discovered, and began training by the time he could walk, as all Sangheili do. He became a minor easily, and at a young age, within combat coming naturally to him. Vadal earned glory upon the battlefield against heretics of the Covenant faith, propelling him to the bloody path of the zealot. In time, Drek'Thar would gain command of a cruiser, and when Humanity was engaged, earned a small fleet. Drek'Thar's fleet, it's name lost to time, was responsible for the destruction of a few minor outer-ring colones. When the Great Schism began, most of Drek's fleet was destroyed at the battle of High Charity, save his flagship. He retreated from battle, determined to keep what little of his men that were left alive. He involved himself briefly with 'Mdama, in the years following the war, but defected due to a lack of faith within Jul's teachings.

I eagerly await results. However, I am extremely tired, and shall be going to bed. Good night, and happy RPing!
"When I was brought into this world, I was crying, and everyone around me was smiling. When it is time for me to leave this world, I intend to be the one smiling, while everyone else around me is crying. I will be legendary.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Halo: Shade of Benevolence OOC/ Sign-up ((Re-trying.))

#2 Post by Lief »

I'm mildly interested. Not sure if I'll be joining or not yet, but we'll see.

I do have some questions/issues, though.

1- Hunters are really strong and incredibly tough (Mostly because of their armor/shells), and without the advanced technology how would anyone be expected to stop them? Personally, I don't think it's a good idea to have them in the RP at all, especially under player control. Maybe have a pair or two around as NPCs for some 'boss battle' things, but otherwise they're a bit... Overpowered.

2- Grunts rely on advanced technology to survive, as they breathe methane and not oxygen. They wouldn't be able to survive without their breathing apparatuses, so how does the disabled tech work? Is everything defunct, or just military tech in some kind of hand-wavey manner?

2.1- Somewhat related, how is it that Human tech is now defunct? Guns don't break that easily and for the most part the Humans' weaponry isn't very advanced beyond construction and material. They all fire bullets using propellant, whether gunpowder or special solid concoctions. Things like the shotgun are especially simple, still being a pump-action design. The only thing complicated about it is the recoil system, which I imagine is very similar (And thus quite simple) to the M16's buffer tube.

2.2- What about things like the MJOLNIR armor systems? You've said energy shielding doesn't work, but how about the strength/agility enhancements they give?

3- How about AIs? Are they defunct/'dead' now?

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#3 Post by Myperson54 »

I'd also like to point out that, while Hunters are several times stronger than a Spartan or Sangheili Elite, they are in turn several times stronger than a standard human, jackal/skirmisher, or grunt (even without armour). Is there a plan for balancing this divide?

That said, I like this idea; I may join, although I'm quite busy at this time.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#4 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Here's mine!~

Name: Onaga Krosis Rinu

Race: Mgalekgolo

Physical description: Out of combat stance, standing straight up, Onaga is 12'7. In combat stance, slouching to protect his weak spots, Onaga is 8'3. His 'skin' is a deep orange-yellow, and he speaks by vibrating singular lekgolo at different frequencies to simulate a voice, though it is more felt than heard.

Rank: Undetermined, although he was seen ordering a few low-ranking Sangheili around.

Equipment: Large, almost impenetrable shield, large plasma firing battle cannon(disabled), and a length of twisted, sharp metal, from the wreckage of the Shade of Benevolence.

Armor: Onaga's armor is like that of any other Mgalekgolo, though it does have a dull green tint, advantageous for camouflage on this strange new world.

Skills: Mean Sonofabitch: Onaga has learned to use his sheer size and power to intimidate both friend and foe alike, earning him the nickname "Mean Sonofabitch" and quite the knowledge of threatening.

Black Hole Sun: Onaga enjoyed listening to and replicating Human music, particularly artists like Roger Waters and Soundgarden. He can replicate the music in the same way that he replicates speech.

Bio: Onaga was created from another Mgalekgolo who had grown too large, Gandogo Dirik Rinu. A few short months after his creation, Onaga went into battle with Gandogo against a particularly pesky group of humans. Gandogo fell to a Spartan, one by the name of Kenneth-135. He flew into a furious rage and beat the Spartan to death before ripping out a strip of metal and beheading Kenneth. After the battle, he assumed Gandogo's standing within the Covenant and went on to prove himself time and time again. After a decade or so, he boarded the Shade of Benevolence as a support/shock troop, unsuspecting of the ship's eventual fate.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Drek'Thar Vadal

#5 Post by Drek'Thar Vadal »

Gravely sorry for my absence over the last two days, had a good deal of studying and other things to do. Now that I am here, I thank you for the questions, for they are all good points. I don't know if it was noticeable, but the night I posted this, I was slowly growing more tired by the moment, thus causing my mind to stray and become somewhat shut-down.

I would like all help I can recieve, so please, suggestions?
"When I was brought into this world, I was crying, and everyone around me was smiling. When it is time for me to leave this world, I intend to be the one smiling, while everyone else around me is crying. I will be legendary.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#6 Post by Transient Truth »

I'm pretty interested in this RP. (And I'm most likely going to submit a form later, save a spot for me!) But there are still a few things that I'm not pretty sure about this RP.(And as well as a few suggestions.)

Questions:

1. If every weapons from the ship is down, it is going to pose a very serious threat to the UNSC humans and the Covenant, as nearly everyone in the 2kinds universe knows freaking magic, and they are also wielding swords which are definitely larger than UNSC or Covenant combat knives. The UNSC humans and the Covenant are at a distinctive disadvantage here.
Maybe the weapon lockers on the vessels are destroyed in the ship battle and only personal weapons remained? This way the weapons won't last very long due to their limited power/bullet supply. And for Energy Swords and/or energy shields, they could be lost or damaged in the crash.

2. Could the UNSC humans and the Covenant learn magic? As UNSC humans are still humans like the Templars.

3. Does the Slipspace pulse destroyed Covenant in-armor/AI translation software? Cause it would cause a great deal of confusion if that is the case, with different dialects around.(Don't even mention the Keidran language, there would be 6 languages[English, Keidran, Basitan, Sangheili, Unggoy and Hugarok.] total if translator software is off])
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#7 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Transient Truth wrote: 6 languages[English, Keidran, Basitan, Sangheili, Unggoy and Hugarok.] total if translator software is off])
Mgalekgolo won't be an issue there; they can just replicate all languages.
Certified Jojo fan

Drek'Thar Vadal

#8 Post by Drek'Thar Vadal »

I am appreciate and thankful of all things pointed out and questioned. Criticism is an element of any idea needed in order to refine it, and it's oh-so annoying when most just raise their hands up and shout, "This is my idea, I'm a special butterfly, respect me!"

So, I began thinking. Of course, those of the Halo mythos are greatly advantaged in technology, and it would nearly be like shooting fish in a barrel if not for one key element I had forgotten to take into account: magic. Let us face it, in a purely melee combat, a Spartan, Sangheili, Jiralhanae, or Mgalekgolo would likely wipe the floor with the average Keidran. However, the arts of the arcane present an extreme counter. A skilled Mage would have more than a fair shot at a Mgalekgolo, should they figure out the weakness of the worms. After all, a Spartan was able to kill one by simply tearing out a few, throwing the colony into disarray.

Due to this advantage, the respective technologies of the Covenant and UNSC may be needed to provide a fair playing field. As well...It occurred to me how idiotic the premise of the Slipspace pulse disabling all technology was. As pointed out, Hunan weaponry theoretically wouldn't be effected, though extremely low on ammo. Covenant weaponry would more than likely be initially offline, but could be reactivated. Though, without a steady supply of plasma for refueling, save any plasma that could be salvaged from the wreckage, they would suit a role fit for stylish clubs, in time. As well, there is the whole mess of A.I. and translation systems, which is a debacle I'd wish to rather avoid.

On a topic posed by another, there was the question of UNSC Humans using magic. Theoretically, it could go both ways. Humans have a knack for the arcane on the TK mythos, and I could see how a UNSC individual could potentially be trained to harness it. However, two things; If this is true, couldn't the same talents be undertaken by the Covenant races, or is natural magic not possible for them, much like the Keidran, who use crystals. As well, seeing as though they are from a foreign dimension, could magical connection to the world be inert with them?

Thoughts please.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#9 Post by Lief »

I'm still against the Hunters being player-controlled, but otherwise this is acceptable. I'd like to bring up the AI thing again, though, since the little spark of a character idea I have kind of requires them to be, well, 'alive' still.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#10 Post by anonfox123 »

Also interested. And I also agree, hunter players OP, unless there is ammo restriction on those cannons... (Hunter with huge battle axe? Yes pls. Maybe.)
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#11 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

anonfox123 wrote:Also interested. And I also agree, hunter players OP, unless there is ammo restriction on those cannons... (Hunter with huge battle axe? Yes pls. Maybe.)
Oh, my character's cannon is completely offline. Instead, he uses a huge hunk of metal from the wreckage of the Shade. That, combined with his shield, are very nice. But a magic user could have a chance, if it's one on one combat. Or maybe Onaga wants to keep it peaceful. I dunno yet.
Certified Jojo fan

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#12 Post by y7h65 »

A hunter is more or less invincible in melee combat. They can literally backhand a man with enough force to tear that man in half horizontally along the waist. Furthermore, their shield and armour can block plasma that can burn through ceramic armor in seconds as well as man portable anti tank weapons without a scratch. They can be killed in melee given enough time and strength but an unaugmented human will most likely be incapable of doing so before dying. Magic might help but only if the magic user has good enough nerves to cast a spell at a charging monster capable of surviving swords, spears, lances, arrows, most elemental magic, and have probably killed the mage's guards before the mage was ready to cast a spell. This is without a fuel rod cannon.

So yeah just a bit OP for a player to be in control of.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Transient Truth
Traveler

#13 Post by Transient Truth »

Is this dead? I hope not. I really want to try it... :grin:

Anyway, my form here:

Name:Jay Shepherd

Race: Basitan

Physical description:

Equipment: A iron scimitar which is longer than usual, a scabbard for the sword, a circular iron shield, a water skin and a mana crystal that he just keeps for good luck. He also has five daggers.

Armor: Standard issue leather armor, tunic, cloak, pteruges and boots, completed with an iron helmet(No visor)

Skills:

1)Swordsmanship: Jay is proficient with any kind of blades, no matter it is his scimitar or a short bladed combat knife. Combined with his shield, he is a formidable opponent in close range.

2) Military Training: As a soldier most of his lifetime, his physiques and stamina is better than most others. He also learns a few battle strategies but they are pretty limited, it effectiveness extending only to his squad.

3) Speed and Agility: Jay's agility and speed is remarkable. He is able to run at a high speed and jump very high even with his armor and gear on. He is also able to balance himself at steep ledges and cliffs.

4) Instinct: Jay's reaction time is faster than normal , and it is very useful in a swordfight or when a projectile is flying at his direction. He also has somewhat limited sixth sense, having a bad feeling whenever something bad is happening.

Bio: Jay was a lieutenant and was deployed to protect a ship with his squad. The squad and Jay had a pretty close bond and so they preformed flawlessly in missions. However, in the middle of the voyage, the wooden ship got hit by a fragment of the Shade of Benevolence, which was tumbling in the sky. The wooden ship was hit and fire immediately blossomed on the deck, sinking the ship. Nobody from the crew and the squad survived, except for Jay, who staggered onshore. He blamed himself for his squad's death, but still he moved on. His original plan was to find a ship to get back to the Main Islands, but it doesn't seems so easy, especially when he met the crew of the ships.
COUNTDOWN TO WIDE AWAKE AND PHYSICAL: ∞
Semper Vigilans - Ever Vigilant

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#14 Post by Hotep the psychic »

I would be glad in joining this as well if not dead and will gladly search my character
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.