Pokémon: Unbalanced

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Pokémon: Unbalanced

#1 Post by tony1695 »

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. I figured that, with the recent release of ORAS, a Pokémon RP is just the thing we need!

Several years after the activation of the Ultimate Weapon in Kalos and the defeat of Team Flare, poaching around the world has hit a record high. Pokémon are being killed for their hides, their meat, their teeth, anything and everything that could have some conceivable use. Normally, Pokémon are able to cope with this sort of situation by simply reproducing more often, but this time it just isn't viable. Numbers are dropping faster than they can be replaced, and there is mounting concern that some species may go extinct in the wild.

No-one knows why the group behind this, known as Team Venor, do this. No-one knows who's paying them, or where the illicit goods disappear to, despite numerous investigations by both Interpol and the Pokémon Rangers. Their leaders, whoever they may be, are very good at staying hidden.

You are a trainer. You may take part in Contests. You may have once attempted to take on the Elite Four in your home region. You could be a researcher doing field work. Or any other hundreds of jobs that would see you have Pokémon with you. Whatever the case, you've somehow found yourself tied up in this mess. Team Venor is destroying the balance of the world. Maybe you can help restore it.

A few important things to note:
This RP will be treating Pokémon as the dangerous creatures they really are. Most of them are perfectly capable of killing the average human with ease, so remember that. Treat your team, and the teams of others, with respect.
I will not be forcing you to only choose four moves for each Pokémon. That's dumb. If they can breathe fire, they can use Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Overheat... You get the idea. Though do try to keep it limited to what they can actually learn normally, whether through levelling up, breeding or TMs.
Kind of obvious, but no Legendary Pokémon. They're legendary for a reason. Other than that, anything and everything is fair game.
No Mega-Evolutions, either. Just to keep things simple.
Poképhilia. Or, in layman's terms, being in a relationship with a Pokémon. If you want to do this, I won't stop you. Just, nothing explicit and don't let it dominate your characters and/or your posts.
Pokéspeak. Not sure if I'm gonna go this way or not. Stay tuned for more info, though I am leaning against it.

Character Sheet template

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b] Feel free to include nicknames, if they would have any
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Home Region:[/b] Please stick to ones revealed in games so far. Don't make any up.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Description or image (please link images so it doesn't make the page stupidly long)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Occupation: If applicable.[/b]
[b]Biography:[/b]
[b]Belongings:[/b] Just the notable stuff. The Holo Caster is pretty standard across all regions. 

[b][u]Team[/u][/b]
A maximum of six Pokémon are allowed. Don't go overboard with powerful Pokémon. Take into consideration just what would be realistic for what you've given above, in both power and numbers. A character that partakes in Contests will have a completely different kind of team compared to a competitive battler.
Give your team members some personality.
Please link to the appropriate page at Bulbapedia. I will include a link at the bottom of this template.
Link to Bulbapedia

A few other things:
The adventures starts in Sinnoh, where the poaching is at its worst. Haven't decided on which city just yet.
A chain of stores, called Trainer Warehouse, opened several years ago and quickly established itself as a solid competitor for the Pokémart across all regions, offering incredibly cheap prices and service, as well as a much larger range of products, including clothing, jewellery and cosmetics. There is one in every major city.

Character list:
TBA

Well then? Are you willing to lend your power to stop Team Venor from destroying the balance of the world?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Pokémon: Unbalanced

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Just posting in here because the board seems to be alive again, so now it might get some attention.
Gentlementlemen

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

It is practically criminal that there still has yet to be a single soul that has actually joined in a pokemon RP, and twice the times it has been announced. I am unsure why, as I think the other one previous to this was successful(I have no idea though). I will join to see if others will be inspired to join as well. I will not leave you hanging Tony.

Name: Veloci Deplodo
Home Region: Kalos region
Appearance: About 5'3”
Personality: a big fan of dinosaurs. Tends to act ladylike throughout, through contests and battles. She has been known before every fight that she gives a sweat little curtsy as a sign of respect towards her adversary.
Biography:Born in the city and raised by a rich archaeologist of a father, Veloci grew accustomed to high-life living and the knowledge of prehistoric pokemon. She has always adored dinosuar pokemon and asked her father if she could make a team of them. It was an expensive project to re-animate the pokemon, but in the end she received her very own Prehistoric-team. She didn't simply flaunt her gift, nay she worked her butt off keeping the team in line and domesticated into appropriate life style of the Kalos region. She would often go to Cafe's and Restaurants to battle some of the people with her pokemon. She left home to face the elite four after going to gym and gym. She wasn't successful, but she was dedicated to winning one day. She has moved to the Sinnoh region to continue her battles and train her pokemon. Little does she know what awaits her in Sinnoh.
Belongings:
1.Her umbrella, a status symbol in Kalos
2.Her Poke-purse, where she keeps her items in.
3.five pokeballs
4.three greatballs
5.six potions
7.four super potions
8.2,500,00 pokemon dollars(about 2500 dollars to pay for travels, rent, and food)

Team
1.Amaura named “Brinnie”: calm, friendly and a bit naive, she is the beauty of the team and acts upon her beauty like she owns it. She doesn't really like to fight all that much, but she would if it requires her to.

2.tyrunt named “Tywin”: the narcissistic older brother of the team. Although he will push for the most food and the most attention and throws fits when it doesn't go his own way, he will still look after the rest of the team, especially Brinnie. He will not harm his master.

3.Cranidos named “Brutus”: Headstrong and gungho. He is reckless and overconfident in his own abilities. Is often a rival to his older brother Tywin in that he wants to overpower his enemies, while Tywin is merely an attention theif.

4.Shieldon named “Hannibal”: Also headstrong, but humble is he in battle for he takes no glory in such. He is overprotective and is willing to throw himself upfront to intercept his team from harm.

5.Kabuto named “Orlando”: an overtly chill and relaxed pokemon of the team. He doesn't like to do much other than crawl around on everything and wait.

6. aerodactyl named “Micheal”: The protective parent of the group. Tends to make sure everyone is in line and safe. Will act as a form of mentor to his family.
Is this to your liking or is there edits to be made?
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#4 Post by Hotep the psychic »

I feel quite inspired for this rp and will make a CD shortly as possible
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#5 Post by tony1695 »

Geo, I like your character. If only because Fossil Pokemon will either not be a target for Venor, or a priority target.
So, Venoci Deplodo and her Dino team are in.
Gentlementlemen