Broken Worlds OOC/Interest check

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Broken Worlds OOC/Interest check

#1 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Hello, hello! Come one, come all, to the latest, hopefully fast(ish)-paced forum role play!

Now, I may not be the most popular fellow in the RP board, but I know one thing for sure. I love to role play. It's my passion, along with... well, probably all of you. Aaaaand very few rp's are still active, so I figured I'd do an interest check for an idea I had. Okay, here goes.

Setting:
1944, at a special booth at Coney Island. It is pretty much deserted, with only one plump man sitting on a stool. The sign reads "World of Broken Perceptions", and the cloth bigtop is purple with black stripes. Upon entry, each character's special piece of jewelry(explained later) transports them to a world much like that of the movie Mirror Mask. It is made almost like pages ripped from a book and glued to more pages ripped from another book. Seeing as it is a world of broken perceptions, whoever decides what an area looks like has spoken. Whenever you do, do it in the OOC part after your next post. As GM, I'll let you guys know when we all enter a new area.

Plot:
After each character has entered the broken world, the main quest will begin. There are side quests, but they're optional. If people want to start a side quest, they would start a vote. Sometimes it will be necessary for the group to do a side quest if they've failed a task in the main quest. The main quest will consist of all of the group receiving a piece of a magical spear, which they will be able to reassemble at the end.

Every character will have an article of jewelry of some sort with an orange gem in the middle. This is what transports them into the broken world.

I'm sure all of you are familiar with sign-up sheets, so here.

Name:

Description:

Bio; why they came to the carnival, as well:

Equipment, including the special jewelry: (weapons allowed, but keep it to a minimum. At the most, a concealed handgun-- peashooter status. You'll get big weapons later.)

Special skills to help survive/perks:

Role:(Doctor, Engineer, Tank, Ranged, etc.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

Re: Interest check-- a broken world

#2 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Here's mine. Uh, pre approved...?

Name: Cybin Tangreb

Description: A tall man, obviously a(former) carnie. He is 6'2, with dusty brown hair,
apple green eyes, tan skin, with a lean build lacking much muscle. His left shoulder is a bit lower than his right.

Bio; why they came to the carnival, as well: Cybin, or Cy, as he prefers, was born in a poor area of a poor town in a poor region: Long Island. His childhood was rather uneventful; he was beaten up and teased like any lanky, nerdy kid. Currently 22, he works at Coney Island to make a bit of extra pocket change to feed his ma and sis. One day, he spots a strange tent being erected. He decides to take advantage of his ticket discount and checks it out one weekend.

Equipment, including the special jewelry: A nicotine-stained white T-shirt, blue jeans, almost-soleless shoes, and a half empty pack of cigarettes-- his favorite. Below a dusty old leather coat hangs a fancy switchblade, nicked from a homeless man in the dead of the night. His special piece of jewelry is a small pendant, hanging from his neck by a leather strap.

Towering Tallness: His height makes most small, dangerous critters avoid him.

12 Months a Bum: A year of living on the street gave him the ability to identify salvageable food and quickly eat it right up with little complaint from his gut.

Role: Ranged attacker
Certified Jojo fan

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

Re: Broken Worlds OOC/Interest check

#3 Post by Hotep the psychic »

HEY! thought id give this a go with you to try it out.

Name: Johnathan Sergii "Manual" Kruschev

Description: A man who stand 5'10 with average runners build look that hides his true strength and speed trained from military status. He wears a green/black trench coat that has pockets on the inside, underneath he wears a WW2 jacket with cargo pants and boots.

Bio; why they came to the carnival, as well:
Sergii or maunal as the military knew him had just discharged him after finding him at the wrong place at the wrong time, his freinds vowing to figure out his problem. No job he found work at the island as a guard and operator finding his military experience usefull. Living in an apartment and not finding any other work he took it.

Equipment, including the special jewelry: two police batons (one is standard guard equipment the other he took), standard guard gear (this is hand cuffs, pepper spray and taser), a small set of cigars, his favorite lighter, dog tags and a small black cloth wrapped roll (medium sized tool set holds wrenchs, screwdrivers, small torch etc.)

jewlery: Dragon shaped braclet

Jerry rigged goodness: Sergiis job was field engineer and soldier during his time working he got the habit of making things from scrap, from bombs to lauchers and more he learned to make things last, work out to some purpose or just build for fun. or later use.

Military training: training that requires a grand state of mind and strength, Basic training was no joke and he became faster and stronger than most of his platoon. He knows self defense, hand to hand combat, weapons combat, and more

Role:Support Tank/fighter
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#4 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Hotep the psychic wrote: -snip-
Approved!
Certified Jojo fan

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Stryder221 »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Go ahead and post it.
Proof this is approved. If you don't believe me, ask for yourself.

Name: Finnian Serégon.

Description: A person of average height, apparently with more than enough money to get by. He is 5'7, with bright blonde hair, eyes that appear always closed, light skin, and a slim build with only a small amount of visible muscle.

Bio: Finnian, or Finn as most call him, was born to a somewhat rich family, in a place he has yet to disclose. An uneventful childhood, whatever bullying he had suffered, mostly because of his odd surname, was repaid a week afterward with some horrible incident, accidentally it always seemed. However, this meant he had a nasty reputation, making him basically friendless. Now 19, he visits Coney Island, hoping to maybe find a job; or so he says. However, his attention is grabbed by a particularly odd tent. Figuring why not, he uses up what's left of his pocket change and checks it out the very next day.

Equipment: A simple white long-sleeve shirt with a dark blue vest, jeans, steel-toe boots, and fingerless black leather gloves with small plates of metal added to the knuckles. In his pocket lies a brand new hunting knife, purchased on a whim and yet to even be drawn from the sheath it came with. He also apparently has a small set of lock-picks on hand, for whatever reason.
His special piece of jewelry is a fancy-looking ring on his right hand's ring finger, genuine silver set with an orange stone.

Perks:

A smile on your face: Finnian has a way with words many have not seen. For whatever reason, almost anything capable of speech is naturally inclined to trust his word, to believe whatever he says.

Tag, you're it!: In an effort to fight boredom, he took to running the streets, performing acrobatic but stupid stunts just for the thrill of it. After a few months of this, he's gotten quite good, becoming quite acrobatic and fast. He's also a bit more used sneaking around and avoiding notice, due to his habit of avoiding encounters with displeased law enforcement and other unhappy people.

Role: Thief/Trickster.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#6 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

I don't know how good this'll be with only three people; I might have to beg.

Kidding. We could make it work with three, then have any others join in at some other time. Of course, the tent would be closed due to the disappearance of multiple people from within, so they'd probably be plucked from the street by whatever mystical energies put our three people in.

I'm gonna go ahead and start the IC thread. After an initial period of about.. say, a month, real time, I'll have the tent close down. I just can't wait. See you on the flip side!

EDIT: Our first 'world' will be the Wizard of Oz; the portal drops everyone into the sleepy poppy field and they wake up in an infirmary, chatting until the eventual attack by [blank].... I'll leave it to.. Hotep to decide the second 'world', and Stryder, the third.
Certified Jojo fan

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#7 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Alright, Hotep. Waitin' on you.
Certified Jojo fan

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#8 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Oh ok....hold on got into some life business will post asap
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#9 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Uh, Hotep? Please pay attention. Mine and Stryder's characters are both in an infirmary by now. We're not there with you. And please describe your character's sleepiness in the poppy field.
Certified Jojo fan

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#10 Post by Hotep the psychic »

getting tired....any better?

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#11 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Thinking I might make a second character. You guys are welcome to make a second one as well, there will be a group B.

Name: David Winston

Description: Quite a built man, with an astounding height of almost seven feet. His red hair kept short and his mustache waxed, his boxer's hands always twirling it, his eyes sparkling a sky blue. His face, chiselled and manly as can be, always holds a cheerful expression.

Bio; why they came to the carnival, as well: Living in upstate New York, most of David's life was spent training in his uncle's gym alongside some of the most famed boxers of the twenties. Currently 49, David suffers from slight PTSD, having served in WW1 for two years. He came to Coney Island with a special girl to show her a fun time, leaving her behind after entering the purple tent.

Equipment, including the special jewelry: A clean white T-shirt, pressed beige trousers, new white sneakers, a gold earring with an odd orange gem.

Don't Tread on Me: His insane height has made David very cautious of stepping on people. This, combined with dodging blows from his opponents in the ring, made him surprisingly light on his feet. He is capable, despite his weight, to avoid setting off traps and tripping over things.

Fists of Bloody Iron: Even through gloves, David's punches have given his opponents in the ring massive concussions. He can easily take on any monster this adventure can throw at him.

Role: Tank
Certified Jojo fan

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#12 Post by jacobc62 »

Character name: Katariena Fazsin

Description: Has rust-red/brown hair and emerad/green eyes. Wears a short sleeve flannel shirt, skinny jeans, and an aviator jacket. Has looks of Russian ancesteru.

Equipment: A small swiss army knife, silver necklace with the orange stone in the center, already described clothes, small half-empty bottle of vodka, a wallet with no money, an ID card from 5 years ago, and an old photo of her family when she was younger.

Bio: Katariena was once a straight-A student in high school, but everything changed 4 1/2 years ago when her parents were killed in a car crash. Since then, she dropped out of school and started living off of the streets, using her natural stealth to hunt for food outside of city limits. She drinks vodka to keep the pain from the loss of her parents at a minimum.

Special skills/Survival traits: can hold her own in a fight, espesially if she has recently drank some vodka.

Role: Semi-drunken rouge/tank, uses swiss army knife.

*EDIT* Well since I can't be a tigress, made the appropriate changes to the application in hopes that it will now get approval...
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#13 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

jacobc69 wrote:in hopes that it will now get approval...
Your lifelong dreams have been realized. :grin:
Certified Jojo fan

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#14 Post by jacobc62 »

So how exactly will my character be introduced into the RP?
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#15 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

I need the long Rp work help, still dont understand em
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin: