Interest check

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Interest check

#1 Post by y7h65 »

Well, first of all, I'm gonna say that you might want to give more info as to what people should expect to be doing with their characters. You gave setting info which is nice but setting usually takes a acknowledge seat to plot and story. Telling people what they'll be doing rather than where they'll be doing it will help make people interested.

Second of all, if you're planning to do a factions RP then I'll tell you this straight up; they don't work. The 2K RP board does not support such a complicated RP format and every factions RP I've seen has floundered. I am not saying to drop it if that is your intention but I am warning you of what to expect.

Finally, I'll tell you the advice that every new 2K RPer recieves from me. Before you run anything, you really should join another running RP. You've mentioned reading other 2K RP threads. Thus, you should be aware that there is a very small number of people that post regularly here. As a result, we are rather knowledgeable of what to expect from people. Having a reputation will help your RP gain interest from the regulars that post here. This, in turn, can help the longevity of your RP. I understand nothing interests you but it's definitely a smart idea to build a rep first.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#2 Post by Ketzal »

Well, I'd be game for this

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Stryder221 »

I'm interested, count me in if this ever gets going.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#4 Post by y7h65 »

Felix Mage wrote:I reworked the OP, so as to add as much info as I could about what players will do with their characters.
Thanks for reminding me, that was a major mistake on my part.

By faction RP do you mean the relations between the various races and states in the world?
I thought I would provide race descriptions, god descriptions(as gods would play a big role in the RP), basic description of the world and the most prominent states and their capitals + some important relationships between those.(like people in state A hate race B, and race B hates races C and D)

And for the last thing:
I know of this, and wanted to join a RP first, but no active RP made me want to play it.
I kind of missed The Everlasting Symphony, as I was not here during the time it was active, and no other RP really piqued my interest.
I will however try to join Southbound: Relics of the Past, since it might be for the best.
Well, when I said what people will be doing with their characters, I kinda meant a plot summary. Not that big of a deal, especially if your plot needs to be secret though. What you've got works.

By faction RP, I mean an RP where the player controls anything beyond their character/s. If they get to control a small faction, city, or race theN that makes it a faction RP.

Also if you are serious about joining ST:RotP, PM me and I'll work with you to help develop your character. I did have a player drop recently.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.