Dreamscape OOC/Interest Check

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

Dreamscape OOC/Interest Check

#1 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

Welp, guys, it's late, but I brought something.
I hope you like it.
The neon lights vibrate and hum, rattling the pollen plastered to their fixtures. The undulation of the grainy hairs levitating over the scintillating bulbs only pronounces the presence of the words. Precisely what vernacular this is endemic to, you're unaware.

Stepping through the subdued luminosity, you begin to recollect your memories of the night before. You don't find anything that could possibly justify awakening in this [censored]-fest of a cathedral. You fell asleep, as would occur most nights, and your respite has coaxed you into something hardly registering as a dream. The walls are withered into a thin veil of rough wood pulp; the ceramic flooring cracked and shattered across the expanse of the dilapidated edifice. Floor and ceiling joists branch outwards, jabbing through the boards of plaster supporting the latter.

The withered sheets of an anachronistic tome appear to be upon the cusp of dissolution. Deprived of upkeep and custody, it requires the pages' greatest effort to not crumble under the infinitesimal strain of their own weight. The zephyrs howl past the centuries dried ink across the paper, almost relinquishing of its longevity.

The articles comprising the volume, easily thousands of pages in length, yearn for your touch. Steadily, you pace yourself towards the book. As you begin to approach it, the settled grime and smut has vanished, and the page is empty; save for the beckoning inquiry glaring at you.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Character Sheet?:

What might your name be?
(It could be anything, but you're too unsure of how the [censored] the book knows you're here to respond so acerbically. Against your better judgment, you decide to sign your name.)
What a splendid name! Do you have preferred moniker?
(Moniker? That's kind of an eccentric way to put it, but yeah, you don't exactly fancy people referring to you by your full legal name, so you write what people ordinarily call you.)
What is your gender? Your sex?
(These are simple questions; you're sure you wrote down the correct answer.)

Tell me, PLAYER, what are your greatest fears?
[/i]

(This is getting disconcertingly personal...)

Tell me, PLAYER, what are your greatest aspirations?
[/i]

(You follow through, professing your greatest aspirations, fears, and most personal affairs to this leather-bound (and very sultry) devil. You're also pretty sure that when it asked you for your name you didn't write down PLAYER, but what're you gonna do sometimes?)

Please rank the four items according to how much the items appeal to you. The most important item is ranked 1. The next most appealing is ranked 2, and so on down to 4.
[/i]

Familial or platonic bonds: ?
Self-assurance and esteem: ?
Physical safety and comfort: ?
Reliable leadership: ?

Unimpaired physique: ?
Dependable logic and reasoning: ?
Cognitive and bodily impigrity: ?
Positive social presence: ?

In the context of a friend or companion:

Congeniality: ?
Intelligence: ?
Reasonability and rationality: ?
Physical comfort: ?

What is best in life?:
(Well?)

(Well, this is new. You don't exactly get books giving you psychological assessments ubiquitously. What the hell, you humour the old [censored].)
Thank you for your cooperation PLAYER, but there are a few more questions I have before we can continue.

It is never one's name that defines their character. So, whom would I have the pleasure of speaking with?
(This is kind of ironic, a book is asking you for your story.)
Thank you PLAYER, I am now processing your data...

You are PLAYER, the ADJECTIVE CLASSTHING whom uses a WEAPONDEVICE.

Is this correct?
You scribble down a sloppy yes, and that's it.

Rules boiiii:
1. I have a literacy standard; you have to be able to write coherently.

2. Since this is one of the few chances I'll get to be out of character, I am your flippant god; the omnipotent GM of this RP, and I'm running it. I will direct every player personally in order to facilitate the flow of the story. This doesn't mean I'll be riding your [censored], no, but it means that I will be personally interacting with each of you.

3. Don't fill out the last sentence with your name, weapondevice, adjective/class on it, I do that. (Partially for humour, partially because I feel that player-GM interaction is key to a perfect character)

4. I love gore, but absolutely no sex unless it fades to black. Yes, you can be romantically involved with another player, but no descriptive sex; I don't want that.

5. All of your characters are either fifteen, sixteen, or seventeen years old; that is an aspect that I have carried for the protagonists since I first began to develop this idea.

6. It goes without saying that all of 2K's rules apply.

7. Don't be a [censored].

8. No dick moves.

9. Hell, let's take it a little further and just prohibit any moves of the genital variety. (It's funny because of rule four)

10. Rules 8 and 9 apply doubly for this RP; they coincide with rule 7.

Welcome to the DREAMSCAPE:
[/size][/b]
FINN the GRIM JESTER whom wields a FRISBEE and a BOX OF CHEX CEREAL.

Context: You went to sleep one morning or night or whenever you go to sleep and woke up outside of the dilapidated cathedral; you don't know why you're here, and you don't know what happened. All you know is that you're looking for a way out.

Any interest?

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Dreamscape OOC/Interest Check

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Seems odd. Seems interesting. Seems like my kind of thing.
I guess we're human, or does being in a dreamscape let us alter our appearance as we see fit?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

I haven't decided upon that yet, but I'm leaning towards human appearance.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#4 Post by Lief »

Perhaps some minor alterations? (Not gonna lie, hunted for some kemonomimi pics a while back and would like to use one... >_>)

Seems interesting. Am moving, unfortunately, so I can't join right now.

EDIT: Since we're limited to teens, I can only hope it's not going to be all emo angst [censored]?

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

Lief wrote:Since we're limited to teens, I can only hope it's not going to be all emo angst [censored]?
Nah, it's just a small character gimmick I had in mind.

But on the alteration, I am considering it, given the nature of the forum and your request.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#6 Post by tony1695 »

Blarg n' Stein wrote:But on the alteration, I am considering it, given the nature of the forum and your request.
What I had I mind was minor aesthetic changes that have no actual affect on abilities, except maybe intimidation. Slit eyes, pointy ears, visible fangs, stuff like that.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

tony1695 wrote:What I had I mind was minor aesthetic changes that have no actual affect on abilities, except maybe intimidation. Slit eyes, pointy ears, visible fangs, stuff like that.
You know what, I had a bit of an idea.

You can be absolutely anything you can imagine; this will be great for world interaction, hahaha.
(Obviously, power will be regulated by me as to prevent power-playing.)

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Stryder221 »

Blarg n' Stein wrote:You can be absolutely anything you can imagine.
Interested even more than before now, will probably make a sheet at some point.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

Stryder221 wrote:Interested even more than before now, will probably make a sheet at some point.
Haha, glad to probably have you at some point!

Stryder221
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by Stryder221 »

Here's my character sheet, approved via PM. Blarg even put the name up in the original post.

Warning: Information in this sheet was written while 'in character'. Because of this, not all information may be entirely accurate.
FINN the GRIM JESTER whom wields a FRISBEE and a BOX OF CHEX CEREAL.
Above text made by Blarg.
Name: Finnian Serégon

Moniker: Finn

Fears: Lots of things, a particularly painful death, or a nasty case of betrayal being the least desirable things I want to happen.

Aspirations: I just want to live in the moment. The past is just plain depressing and the future is nothing but gray hair and wrinkles.

-------------

Familial or platonic bonds: 3
Self-assurance and esteem: 4
Physical safety and comfort: 1
Reliable leadership: 2

Unimpaired physique: 3
Dependable logic and reasoning: 2
Cognitive and bodily impigrity: 1
Positive social presence: 4

In the context of a friend or companion:

Congeniality: 1
Intelligence: 2
Reasonability and rationality: 3
Physical comfort: 4

The best in life: Probably just being able to relax, preferably at a beach or river. Maybe with something to read. I've never really thought about it.

About myself: I'm a perfectly normal human being, sometimes called a trickster for various reasons. I don't know why half the time, though. I'm not even all that intelligent, by most standards. As stated earlier, I'm just an average Joe; Just one with a funny surname, blonde hair, and green eyes. One good thing I can say about myself, though, is that I can at least keep a smile on my face in all but the toughest of times.
E͎͖̯̱̻͡r̲͇r͢҉͈͚ò͈̹̰̩̺͓̝̘̟̕r̨̡̺̥̲̰͕̭̬:̵͙̦̟̮̖̯̞́͢ ̴̛̞̙͙̠̲̝̟S̵͎̼̖̜̯͕̺͔̀i̶͉̟̝̻͕̺g̢̤͕n̴͈̩̝͓͖̹͕̟͢a͕̺̱͞ț̸̛͓u̢̥̣̣̰̪ͅr̨̠͙̯̣̣̘̠ḛ̡̨̟̗̥̰̱̻ͅ ̻̮̼̥͕̼͉͎u͏͔̳n͏͔͈̭̭͟a̮͕͖̲͕͙͔ͅv̺̦̼̥̭͙a͏҉̦̺̫̯i̝̙̳̜l̴̡̳̥͠a̢̘̬͈͢ͅb̶̶̦͉͙́ḷ̸̙̙̳̩̥́e͔̪̳̦̫͚̪̹ͅ.͖̠̗͔̖̞ͅ

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#11 Post by Myperson54 »

This is much unlike other games I've seen in the past. I'll see what I can cook up. (Although I will be busy soon enough with University - We'll deal with that as it happens.)

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#12 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

Well, thanks for the vouch of creativity, hahaha.

That'll be workable; admittedly, I have a pretty sporadic schedule on my hands as is, so I'll be able to compensate for yours. c: