Everlasting Symphony OOC and Signups

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Everlasting Symphony OOC and Signups

#61 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Hotep, is Trevor's cloak indicative of his status as a Florence Ranger? More generally, is he wearing anything visibly that marks him as such, like the saxe knife?
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#62 Post by Hotep the psychic »

If one knows the florence rangers then yes his cloak would mark him as such, as well as weaponry, if one does not then his weaponry and such mark him by the nicknames hes known as.
Make sense?
To be more specific item wise the cloak holds a raven insignia of the family which would point to him as a florence ranger. This would be equal to the oakleaf insignia in the rangers apprentice series.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Trace-Legacy
Traveler

#63 Post by Trace-Legacy »

Do I need to add a backstory?
SINON IS THE GOD OF LIFE AND GUNS!!!

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#64 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Generally speaking, you want a public backstory for your character in an RP. It can be somewhat mysterious, but even if only for your own characterization's sake, you want to have a backstory. No need for their entire biography, just anything relevant you want to put out. Of course, GM should know as much as possible.

Had to delete/re-edit a lot to avoid double post.

Link if Image seems to be dumb and broken
Something occurred to me, I don't know where everyone is in relation to each other. Made a super artistic map. Ignore weird 'L' near Lief, also forgot a parentheses after Stryder's listing.

Lief said he was at a window table, so he has to be on the left bottom or right bottom.
Red said he was on the west wall. Tyendinaga is currently with him.
Bards would be near a fireplace. Stryder/y7/DtH/Hotep are at 'the' fireplace, assuming the biggest one is near the bards.
Myperson established far side of the bar, Twippit said 'not quite in a corner' so they should probably be adjusted a few inches to the left. MP's post kinda implies that he walked farther from the stairs, but I don't know where to put him, since Ty noted that he went from one side of the inn to the other.
Geo didn't establish where Killasandra was exactly, so I assumed middle area vaguely.
Triman also didn't establish an area beyond the counter, which puts him towards the top.
I, MFA, am currently rotating around the inn.

If someone can help clear this up, that would be great.

EDIT: Sorry, Lief doesn't necessarily have to be on the bottom, but it's the most likely location for the windows.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#65 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Amoeba for some strange reason i feel your gonna do something with your character to mine after asking me. About trevors significations......

Have you read rangers apprentice? Just curious since you said saxe knife specifically earlier.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#66 Post by Myperson54 »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Have you read rangers apprentice? Just curious since you said saxe knife specifically earlier.
I was wondering that as well, since I've read them. Pretty good books.

For clarification, Meebs, I walked all the way across the room to get to Twippit's table, so maybe we're in one of the bottom corners, or by the door.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#67 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Following Keetara's scent, he located the Basili at the far end of the bar, and began to walk over.
I took it to mean that you slid sideways, that the bar was a specific area of the inn as a whole located at the top section. Did you mean Erik saw Keetara across the entire inn and crossed it to get to him? I guess that would put you guys a bit above and to the left of Lief to keep Tyendinega's crossing of the inn consistent.

And yes, Hotep, I did read the Ranger's Apprentice. Stopped after the seventh.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#68 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Awww. Should have kept reading past that it only gets better till the end of the series when you sadden out.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#69 Post by Lief »

My location is fine, I was intending for it to be somewhat near the entrance.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#70 Post by Myperson54 »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:
Following Keetara's scent, he located the Basili at the far end of the bar, and began to walk over.
I took it to mean that you slid sideways, that the bar was a specific area of the inn as a whole located at the top section. Did you mean Erik saw Keetara across the entire inn and crossed it to get to him? I guess that would put you guys a bit above and to the left of Lief to keep Tyendinega's crossing of the inn consistent.

And yes, Hotep, I did read the Ranger's Apprentice. Stopped after the seventh.
That interpretation works as well. It's you who's making the map after all; if I need to move around, I'll go by where you place us.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#71 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Oh, the map is just what I thought was going on. Whatever is actually going on would take precedence.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#72 Post by Myperson54 »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:Oh, the map is just what I thought was going on. Whatever is actually going on would take precedence.
Ah. I wasn't really building a very good picture myself while reading. Twippit and I should be across from the stairs in some way though.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#73 Post by Twippit »

Just to throw in my two cents, I was remembering the various nameless NPCs about the place and figured I was against one wall and had a table between my back and the other wall. Thanks for the reference.

EDIT: if you swap my/MPs place with Red and Ty, that seems to solve both the issue of "crossing" and the weird double fireplace.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#74 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Red did say he was on the west wall, but I guess we can simply adjust the orientation of the inn in a flipped perspective.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#75 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

I already posted this in the going away tread, but I may or may not be able to post for the next week or so. Definitely not the next 2 days (at least during the day. Night I will probably be in a hotel). Just wanted to let everyone in the RP know that.