Everlasting Symphony OOC and Signups

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

Re: Everlasting Symphony OOC and Signups

#46 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

the red soldier wrote:So.... Is this RP still alive?
It is now, for it HAS BEGUN!

I'll try and organize the character sheets for you guys on the front page.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Trace-Legacy
Traveler

#47 Post by Trace-Legacy »

Want to also take part in the role play topic, no idea of what to do to join. :trace: :flora: :keith: :natani: :zen: :kathrin: :eric: :laura: :evals: :mike: :karen: :maren: :redhair: :sythe: :raine: :nora: :heart: :potatoes: :squirrel:
SINON IS THE GOD OF LIFE AND GUNS!!!

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#48 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Trace-Legacy wrote:Want to also take part in the role play topic, no idea of what to do to join.
To join, you must fill out the character sheet and then present it to me in order to be accepted to the RP.

However, seeing that you are relatively new, you might want to ask someone about how we conduct our RPs and what the power limit on our equipment is.

Inceptionbwaaa wrote: IC Post
Inception, you might want to delete that post, make a character and present it to me prior to posting on my IC thread. That would be very much appreciated.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#49 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Alright, here's mine:

Appearance: A young redhead with blue eyes and a freckled complextion; about 4'9, five years old
Name: Benjamin Young
Nickname: Firebird
Race: Avean of an unknown clan
Equipment: Father's magic ring, father's coat and a butterknife named Sandy
Ordinary skills: Can climb quite well, good with carving, can throw a knife like an expert
Extraordinary skill: Untouchable when wearing magical ring, but ring slowly wears down on overall vitality and health, which are restored slowly
Bio: Abandoned at birth, Benjamin was raised by a human mother and father with a human sister. At five years old, his father murdered his mother and sister and left him in an alleyway behind the Grapes of Wrath inn. He was then found by Barty, a member of a group of mercenaries.
Misc: will pass out if the ring has been worn for more than a day in succession without sufficient time to heal; continued use of the ring will cause death

EDIT: if you accept this, I won't need to do that.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Trace-Legacy
Traveler

#50 Post by Trace-Legacy »

So the whole way to do it is that you put in the charecters magic, weapon, gender, name, nickname, clan, and species.
SINON IS THE GOD OF LIFE AND GUNS!!!

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#51 Post by Lief »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:EDIT: if you accept this, I won't need to do that.
You still should've removed your post until you were accepted. Especially since you can't predict whether or not you'll be accepted. And with such little effort put into your CS... Well, I know I wouldn't accept it.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#52 Post by Twippit »

I feel this is a tad relevant:
Luke 13, 25-28 (paraphrased) wrote:25"Once the GM gets up and starts the RP, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, 'Geo, open up to us!' then He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know where you are from.'26"Then you will begin to say, 'But we made a character sheet, we posted in the OOC'; 27and the GM will say, 'Truly I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.' 28"And in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Lief and Amoeba and MyPerson and all the players in the kingdom of Oakenshall, but yourselves being thrown out.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#53 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

There you go again, Twippit. I don't know how you come up with all this.

Also, what do you mean by "such little effort"? There was nothing extra to be done, and, as far as I know, nothing was ever said about making the thing into a full-fledged paragraph-and-plotline application. If need be, I will remake it to be more satisfactory, because I absolutely love to roleplay, and I find it very awkward to go into a big, old roleplay thread and join. I would much rather join a new, up-and-coming one.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#54 Post by Myperson54 »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:There you go again, Twippit. I don't know how you come up with all this.

Also, what do you mean by "such little effort"? There was nothing extra to be done, and, as far as I know, nothing was ever said about making the thing into a full-fledged paragraph-and-plotline application. If need be, I will remake it to be more satisfactory, because I absolutely love to roleplay, and I find it very awkward to go into a big, old roleplay thread and join. I would much rather join a new, up-and-coming one.
This is hardly an old roleplay thread. It's just one that's taken a while to get going. As for standards, there are simply set standards for applications, and rules which one must follow to properly participate in one of this forum's RPs. You can't simply disregard those standards, whether or not you've taken the time to get familiar with the way we run or not.

(I could make a comparison to dadaism, but I won't because my post would get very long.)

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#55 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:Alright, here's mine:

Appearance: A young redhead with blue eyes and a freckled complextion; about 4'9, five years old
Name: Benjamin Young
Nickname: Firebird
Race: Avean of an unknown clan
Equipment: Father's magic ring, father's coat and a butterknife named Sandy
Ordinary skills: Can climb quite well, good with carving, can throw a knife like an expert
Extraordinary skill: Untouchable when wearing magical ring, but ring slowly wears down on overall vitality and health, which are restored slowly
Bio: Abandoned at birth, Benjamin was raised by a human mother and father with a human sister. At five years old, his father murdered his mother and sister and left him in an alleyway behind the Grapes of Wrath inn. He was then found by Barty, a member of a group of mercenaries.
Misc: will pass out if the ring has been worn for more than a day in succession without sufficient time to heal; continued use of the ring will cause death

EDIT: if you accept this, I won't need to do that.

The character seems rather bland and lazily done; it, also, runs into a good number of inconsistencies within the character sheet and the character sheet to IC character. Best thing to do is to expand your character and try to build more upon it. Myperson is right on that there is an unwritten standard here that has been placed on some of us that know how we RP, and when RPing with us, prepare to write a well detailed character.

Also, let us all lay off from turning this disagreement into an argument.
Trace-Legacy wrote:So the whole way to do it is that you put in the charecters magic, weapon, gender, name, nickname, clan, and species.
Yes, a bit. Magic is a maybe, seeing how it isn't an integral part of the RP and, as of now, best to not add it in seeing as we have a handful of magic users already.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#56 Post by Myperson54 »

So I guess I should mention that due to my accidental mention of a language barrier, the Basili language doen in fact exist, confirmed by Geo via PM. (And yes, Erik did actually say something in some language. Hopefully.)

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#57 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Myperson54 wrote:(And yes, Erik did actually say something in some language. Hopefully.)
It's German. I took 3 years of German so I can easily recognize it. Moin is not a word, but other than that, it looks like you got the word order correct, although I could be wrong, it's been a couple years since my last class.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#58 Post by Myperson54 »

DarkTheImmortal wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:(And yes, Erik did actually say something in some language. Hopefully.)
It's German. I took 3 years of German so I can easily recognize it. Moin is not a word, but other than that, it looks like you got the word order correct, although I could be wrong, it's been a couple years since my last class.
Ah, you recognized it! I don't speak German myself, but I know a bit about it, and Twippit speaks it, so we agreed it would be German. I just ran a sentence through Google Translate, and I chose "Moin" because apparently it's a Low German greeting. (Although Google translate didn't show up with it, because I assume it only translates into standard German.)

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#59 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

We should probably let Lief post before we get ahead of him.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#60 Post by Twippit »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:We should probably let Lief post before we get ahead of him.
Seconded.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.