Everlasting Symphony OOC and Signups

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Everlasting Symphony OOC and Signups

#76 Post by Myperson54 »

Hey, sorry for the short notice, but I'm gonna be going to my cottage for the weekend. I haven't posted recently due to exams, but Triman, I'll get to my post interacting with your character when I can.

Edit: Back. I'll post tonight.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#77 Post by y7h65 »

I'm actually waiting for Dark to post so, uh, hopefully they're back soon.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#78 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Im waiting on stryder to reply.
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#79 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

Sorry for the hold up, I had not connection for a couple days. I need to re-read a few posts to remember, but I will try to reply tonight.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#80 Post by Myperson54 »

I don't wanna turn this into a [censored], but I and a few other unnamed people would just like to mention, characters are allowed to have secrets, and that includes identities. I personally think seeing through those at will is a tad OP, but then I'm not the one to decide that.

Also I meant to post this last week but I never got around to it.

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

#81 Post by Tyendinaga »

Myperson54 wrote:I don't wanna turn this into a [censored], but I and a few other unnamed people would just like to mention, characters are allowed to have secrets, and that includes identities. I personally think seeing through those at will is a tad OP, but then I'm not the one to decide that.
Just going to reinforce this. Hotep, Your supposed deductions of who 'Beck' is quite frankly reeks of an unadulaterated level metagaming [censored]. I don't believe that were you not aware of who Maskerad is on an OOC level that you would be able to so readily and so earlily draw a conclusion that the particular character is Maskerad so early on in the RP. Especially in an era where the only real source of information is word of mouth. In my opinion this is rather rude and unbecoming of a roleplayer.

If you think otherwise, then feel free to state what supposed facts have lead you to this deduction.

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#82 Post by Twippit »

Tyendinaga wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:I don't wanna turn this into a [censored], but I and a few other unnamed people would just like to mention, characters are allowed to have secrets, and that includes identities. I personally think seeing through those at will is a tad OP, but then I'm not the one to decide that.
Just going to reinforce this. Hotep, Your supposed deductions of who 'Beck' is quite frankly reeks of an unadulaterated level metagaming [censored]. I don't believe that were you not aware of who Maskerad is on an OOC level that you would be able to so readily and so earlily draw a conclusion that the particular character is Maskerad so early on in the RP. Especially in an era where the only real source of information is word of mouth. In my opinion this is rather rude and unbecoming of a roleplayer.

If you think otherwise, then feel free to state what supposed facts have lead you to this deduction.
I'm going to have to second this. Ty and MP have already said everything better than I could've, so I'll refrain from saying anything further, aside from the fact that edits may be in order.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#83 Post by Hotep the psychic »

Well for one this is an area where many mercenarys are, so it wouldnt be OP to suggest that one is lieing or for one to come to a conclusion on rumors and heard info from other places, as said in an earlier post its ok for characters to have secrets, i placed the fharacter emphazizing the name as if coming to a conclusion in lieing about the name beck. But if everyone has a problem with it then ill fix it. Geez
As an engineer for war, a thief for hire, and a regular guy, one finds similarities to all these occupations in time.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#84 Post by Lief »

Without any in-character evidence hinting at that not being Beck's real name, you can't come to the conclusion that 'Beck' is a fake name. The character is not well-renowned, your character is not part of the same circles as theirs, etc. And rumors are exactly that, rumors. It's not wise to believe everything you hear. If your character has yet to learn that, it's a miracle he made it to the inn.

Hotep the psychic
New Citizen

#85 Post by Hotep the psychic »

then ill make sure to try for more detail to what my character thinks and does then in the future

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#86 Post by Myperson54 »

The scents obtained in my post were specifically requested and approved by y7, for whatever dark, mysterious reason he may have. A new lineup of scented candles

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#87 Post by Twippit »

Myperson54 wrote:A new lineup of scented candles
Eu Maskerad~ *The Smell of Stealing*
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#88 Post by y7h65 »

Eau de Maskerad: For the stylish rogue who just oozes mystery and obscured truths.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#89 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Worst fragrance ever. You sniff it, and can't determine what you're smelling, but it definitely isn't pleasant and probably just cost you a fortune to do so.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Twippit
Grand Templar

#90 Post by Twippit »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:
Worst fragrance ever. You sniff it, and can't determine what you're smelling, but it definitely isn't pleasant and probably just cost you a fortune to do so.
So... Cologne?