Kingdom Hearts RP idea(s)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Kingdom Hearts RP idea(s)

#1 Post by Raphael »

Okay, since my Redemption RP is taking a slow pace with my fellow players, I figured I would do something to try and get myself back into the RP world with some ideas that are running through my head. Just a warning, I've been in a Kingdom Hearts mindset since the HD collection came out, so they're based off of the series (I'll keep them separate from the canon, don't worry).

Now, I'll just give the general RP themes here, and if there's one somebody likes, I'll try and flesh it out more. I still haven't decided if these will be taking in either an alternate universe, or in the far future, where pretty much every KH character is either retired, or...well... "retired"

Main theme (Future based, removing anything involving canon characters will make it alt. universe)
Following the journeys of Sora, Riku, and the other keyblade warriors, Master Yen Sid has decided that the realm of light needs more guardians to defend the worlds from darkness. While no longer a master himself, he, along with all of the other keyblade masters have scouted the worlds, searching for any who might be fit to wield the key, and teaching them to become the next generations for the guardians of the light. This has gone on for several generations, and life has finally found a sense of normalcy since this new "order of the key" has been founded. But no matter how bright the light may shine, darkness still lingers in the shadows. The same can be said for good and evil. A new evil is beginning its rise to power, bringing with it a shadow that could snuff out the light and tip the balance in darkness' favor.

RP themes
Fractured hearts Standard, quest RP
A new seeker of darkness has risen with the extreme ambition of controlling Kingdom Hearts, and has been extracting the darkness in people's hearts, manifesting into dark versions of their original selves, and bringing forth a new age of "The Unversed" with them. This badly damages the hearts of those who were targeted, and many die because of the fatal damage the process causes. A select group of apprentices, some even at level with that of a keyblade master, have been tasked with finding this new seeker of darkness, and eliminating them, and the dark incarnations created during their quest for Kingdom Hearts and the χ-blade. (Note: not everyone has to be a keyblade bearer, they just have to be someone willing to fight the darkness to defend the realm of light)

The Mark of a Master tournament-style RP with a twist
It is time for the next generation of keyblade masters to be chosen, and a new mark of mastery examination has been initiated. In these tests there are no winners or losers. All may prevail, or none at all, it all depends on the strength of the warrior's heart. But there is someone with a hidden agenda overseeing the examination, aiming to sabotage it and put the apprentices at risk in the process. (Note: The TRUE test begins after the saboteur manages to influence the exam proceedings, so you must choose our path before we begin. Are you a master, fighting armies of Heartless and Nobodies in your search for the abducted apprentices? Or are you one of the exam participants, fighting for a way to escape the realm in between, inadvertently earning yourself the rank of master?)

Now, I originally didn't have any intentions of including any Disney or Square Enix based worlds into this, only worlds that were found in between the realms of light and darkness. But if anyone wants to put in some requests, and is willing to help moderate THAT world and keep it canon to the movies/shows (within reason, so we can fit into the mix somewhere), I can give temporary GameMaster status for those who want to try walking in different worlds.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Kingdom Hearts RP idea(s)

#2 Post by Raphael »

Okay, so it's been about a week. I see the post had quite a few views, but nobody wanted to comment. Am I to assume that no one is interested in this at all?

FuhrerVonZephyr
Merchant

#3 Post by FuhrerVonZephyr »

I'd be willing to give it a shot, but it seems unlikely as of now.

You know, because I'm the first one to reply.
Hey, I make art now. Check it out.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Raphael »

Good to see there's some interest. But I think we'd need at least four people to get this going and be worthwhile, and that's only for my first idea.

Speaking of ideas, I also have one that involves Kingdom Hearts itself being revealed and the X-blade being forged. Sort of a "possible outcome" if the first RP idea went south at the end.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Raphael »

Okay, so I'm going to just ask this for people to give their opinions. Should I make the complete OOCs (either this thread or a new one) for both choices and let people decide if they want to join, or just keep waiting aimlessly?

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#6 Post by y7h65 »

Mate, I think that, sometimes, you just gotta accept that an RP idea ain't gonna take flight. In which case, you bury it, grief and mourn for a bit, and then come up with an idea that will take flight.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Raphael »

And that was all that I was looking for, a simple good idea/bad idea comment. There were only 2 other people interested, so I'll just bury it like you said.