Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC (Maybe Ded)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC

#76 Post by y7h65 »

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have you guys starting in Rune, meet up with isstmich's character who is currently doing nothing. Just walk into the city for now, do whatever you think is necessary to establish your characters. I'll work on getting you guys together. Sometime this week or the next, at least. Holidays and all.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#77 Post by Furasian »

Ya know, having the time to read all the CSs I was wondering... Did I overkill my Bio? o.o
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#78 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I have a clever retroactive reason for not giving my full bio, but it has more to do with being lazy. Don't worry about it.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#79 Post by y7h65 »

If anyone is wondering about the lack of posts as of recent, I'd like to apologize. I got a PM with a new character and I'm currently waiting for them to finish up so I can get them introduced before the next round. This is also doubled up by the fact that I'm a bit on the busy side and keep forgetting to write posts. I should have a post up within a week or two. Once more, I apologize for the long period in between posts.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Furasian
Citizen

#80 Post by Furasian »

Like you said earlier if it takes a month so be it! I for one don't mind and am standing by until the end ^.^
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#81 Post by Lief »

Hey, look, it's a me!

Character sheet is available upon request. It's not finished, though, which is why I didn't post it. (Everything but bio and personality is done, at least.)

Phoenix Fang
Templar GrandMaster

#82 Post by Phoenix Fang »

Boo!
Ever hear of the wolf that can't die? *waves hands hysterically*

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#83 Post by y7h65 »

You just popping in to say high or do you want back in?
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Phoenix Fang
Templar GrandMaster

#84 Post by Phoenix Fang »

just hi for now, been think of maybe starting up a forum rp, or just slipping into one, not sure yet.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#85 Post by Lief »

Apparently certain parties think I should post my CS. So here we are.

Appearance: Stands at a solid 6'
Name: Kaylin Rose Vernon
Equipment:
Adventurer's Outfit- Simple, yet stylish, leather and cloth armor typically worn by the average adventurer. Leather chestpiece with light shoulderguards fitted over a cloth shirt, well-fitted leather gloves, heavy cloth pants with leather-reinforced knees, dark leather belt, and heavy leather boots with steel reinforcements. Upon close inspection, one can tell that the entire outfit is of very high quality, while still resembling the cheap stuff most folks run around in. Brown leather with dark green cloth.
Cloak- Traveling garb. Heavyweight hooded cloak to ward off the cold, or protect from rain. Has a simple water-repelling enchantment. Tan.
Longsword- Stock longsword, a good quality blade. The weapon has been bound to Kaylin, making it so no one but her can wield it.
Hunting Knife- An expensive dagger that looks as if it'd be more at home in a display case than on some adventurer in the middle of the woods. Regardless of looks, the craftsmanship is excellent and the blade is likely to survive longer than the owner.
Traveler's Pack- A small backpack meant to hold a few essential items when traveling, as well as having straps for a bedroll or small tent. Contents: Smoked and salted meats, enough for several snacks or a couple of light meals. Some dried bread. Compact cooking set. Spare canteen. Cloak. Bedroll attached via straps.
Canteen- Standard 1L canteen clipped onto belt.
Gold- A small pouch containing roughly 50 gold.
Two-story Building- Located in the Market district, the building is quite nice, if not a tad small compared to the rest of the area. The first floor is relatively empty, but the front consists of a nice solid oak counter, and a small sign which mimics the one outside.

Skills:
Master Enchanter - While Kaylin is proficient in all forms of magic, Enchanting is the one thing she's mastered. She is easily capable of both temporarily and permanently adding powerful effects to items, with the latter taking more time and energy. Want a flaming sword? Easy. Want armor that protects against said flames? No problem. Want a necklace that protects you from scrying? Sure thing! Kaylin is one of only three enchanters in the city. (A phony, a beginner, and her.)
Blood Mage - While not entirely true, as it isn't her sole practice, Kaylin does utilize some blood magic. Notably, during enchanting processes. Or as a side-practice. She uses a bit of the customer's blood to bind their weapon, armor, or miscellaneous items to them. The binding process is more powerful depending on how much blood is used, as well as the inherent power of the person the blood was taken from. For instance, the blood of a mage or someone with natural magical talent would produce a more powerful bind than an average human. The binding makes it so that no one other than you can use the item, however, it does not distinguish between direct family- Parents, siblings, kids- as they share your blood. Kaylin bound her own sword to her in this manner, using a fair amount of her blood to do so. Due to her having the blood of a dragon, and the amount used, the binding is very powerful, only those possessing ungodly willpower or ridiculous magical talent would be able to wield her blade.
Jack of All Magic - Kaylin is proficient in most types of magic, disregarding those that are highly specialized, such as Druidism, Necromancy, and Alchemy. If nothing else, she can cast low-level spells from all schools, even possessing the knowledge and ability to summon a weak familiar or make a contract with an otherworldly creature.
Swordplay - While far from being a master swordsman, Kaylin is perfectly capable of giving an inexperienced knight a run for his money. In a pinch, she can also use her hunting knife as a weapon, though it certainly isn't suited for the task.
Survivalist - Kaylin doesn't travel much, though she enjoys it, and thus has a tendency to get lost relatively often. (Some people say she just has a poor sense of direction, and they wouldn't be wrong!) Not that she minds. She is, however, capable of surviving in the wilderness for extended periods of time, assuming she has at least a sturdy, sharp object, such as a knife.
Smithing - Due to the nature of certain types of permanent enchantments, Kaylin was required to learn at least some modicum of the art of smithing. While unable to forge something beyond a basic knife, she is capable of altering already forged items in a manner that is not harmful to the item's integrity.
Haggling - While Kaylin normally isn't willing to negotiate her prices, she's well-versed enough in shopkeeper speak to get good enough deals on materials and the like.

Misc: She does not appreciate being questioned about her age. Whether a side-effect of her magical abilities, or due to her bloodline, Kaylin is more in-tune with the spiritual world than most. Kaylin is a well-known Enchanter in the city of Rune.

Phoenix Fang
Templar GrandMaster

#86 Post by Phoenix Fang »

how are things on here, fairly active, or pretty quiet accept for a few?

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#87 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Here as in SB? Fairly relaxed. Post at your own rate so long as y7h65 knows that you're not dead.

Here as in TK? Very, very slow. A few things going on, but not much.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#88 Post by Ketzal »

Hey guys! Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do we know if Lief plans on posting soon?

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#89 Post by y7h65 »

Gabriel said he would have a post ready by about Thursday, Isst wants to be skipped, and I have to check with Lief about posts. So that's the current state of affairs.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Furasian
Citizen

#90 Post by Furasian »

Sounds awesome. I am still and always will be standing by ^-^