Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC (Maybe Ded)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC

#91 Post by y7h65 »

Fubar, Furasian, Gabe, Issimitch. Ball's in your guy's court.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#92 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Minor edit made to my post so Fubar has a lead-in.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#93 Post by Furasian »

Eh? Oh whoopse. Lmme check my post to see if it needs any edits.
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#94 Post by Myperson54 »

After reading what y7 posted in that other RP interest check, I popped over here to see if I could slip in at some point, where it was plausible to do so. I always thought this was interesting, but I assumed it was too late to submit a character. (It looks like there were a few other recent additions, so maybe I'm not such an outlier after all :P)

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#95 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

GET OVER HERE!

As in, always open unless y7h65/Lief say otherwise. I say it's open, but I'm not the driver here.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#96 Post by y7h65 »

Well, this is always open. I can fit you with Gabe's group right now. Just write a rough CS and send it my way and I'll help you develop it so it fits into setting and what not.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#97 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

How about me? I'd like to join into an RP. Also, does this one do a turn-based posting system? 'Cause if so, it's perfect for me.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#98 Post by Myperson54 »

Pre-approved:
Stands at 5' 9"

Name: Sal "Swift" Enton

Race: Rugaden - A small race of humanoids living in Hastrajal, in small villages by the northern sea. They have slightly softer, more feline features than most humans, but an untrained eye might easily mistake the two at a distance. Some Rugaden are more feline, and have catlike ears, whiskers, and/or tails, but Sal is closer to a human.I know, I stole it from FFIX and FFXIV

Equipment:
Leather/Plate hybrid armour - Sal's armour is plated with steel around the middriff, legs, and arms, joined by layers of leather in-between for mobility. Her battleskirt is also made of especially hard, banded leather, but it's split so as to not get in the way of leg movement. The studs and spikes are mostly decorative, but they can pack a hefty wallop in a fight.

Axe of Run'myll - A relic handed down seven generations in her family, Sal's axe has been specially designed and enchanted for use by healers. It contains a store of magical energy which can be put to use in many ways, notably augmenting Sal's own reserves. Due to the axe's large size, it's a bit unwieldy for those untrained in its use, but still effective in a fight, especially the spear-tipped pommel. Finally, it has an enchantment of sharpness on the blade; It'll never dull unless faced with a very powerful curse or debuff spell/ward.

Violin - She can play it rather well.

Knapsack - Made from stitched leather, this pack holds all Sal's important things, and it's waterproof, to boot!

Medical Kit - This includes assorted dried herbs, a mortar and pestle, needles and thread (varying strengths), linen wraps, and turpentine oil.

Other: A bedroll, flint and tinder, and coffee bean grounds in a sealed container.

Skills:

Can we fix it? - We can, indeed! Sal's learned to be quite the handyman from living on her own. She fabricated her own backpack, and fixes her armour after battles, among other things.

I know what you do in the dark - Sal's feline features extend to provide her with an acute sense of sight during the day, and better-than-average sight in the dark.

Holy magic, Batman! Sal's magical proficiency is in the manipulation of restorative and protective magic, including but not limited to healing wounds, raising and dispelling barriers, and applying temporary buffs. Being from Hastrajal, she's used to casting magic either through her axe or her palms. (One example of her hand-to-hand ability is applying a small shield to her fists to dampen the blow, or using it to push an object she isn't directly touching.)

Everybody was kung-fu fighting - When she's too close to use her axe, Sal proves to be a very competent hand-to-hand combatant, especially with her magic thrown in.

Flexible - Sal's very flexible, and her armour is designed to allow for a large range of motion while still protecting her from enemies.

I'm Better, I'm Stronger! Don't challenge Sal to an arm wrestle. She'll win.

Herbal Lore - Sal has knowledge of most common herbs, and some less common ones used in her herbal remedies, and is always on the lookout for new kinds of plants and minerals to use in her cures.

Personality: Sal is rather un-healer-like, in fact tending towards a much more confident and even slightly aggressive outwards appearance than most might expect. She's generally enthusiastic about doing whatever job she's been tasked with well, unless she especially dislikes it. She has a very strong, determined will that's hard to stray from its course when she has her mind set on something. She doesn't generally let people get too close to her, and wouldn't randomly talk about herself unless asked, but does enjoy talking to people who are genuinely interested. One important thing to note is that she gets extremely offended at the name "cat" used in a derogatory way. Although she's very human-like for a Rugaden, that's rather unusual, and the name has a strong negative cultural connotation for her.

Bio: Sal grew up in the village of Narafvell, on the north coast of Hastrajal. There's not much to say about her life up until the age of 14, when she was chosen by the village healer to be an apprentice, setting her career path in stone. She expected this, of course; She was the first in her family to show holy-magic tendencies in three generations, and her family were the keepers of the Axe of Run'Myll, specially designed for healers. Of course she was chosen, much to Sal's dismay. She would much rather have been a hunter or axeman in the Hastrajal army, but the decision was made. She trained for several years under the current healer until the opportunity came one day to join a trading caravan bound for the independent city of Rune. She leapt at the chance, always having wanted to explore, and thus her real journey begun. (Please excuse my blatant use of cliche. :D)
When the trading party came upon the city, Sal kept up a pretence of interest until their first night in the city, when she snuck out the window of her room under the cover of night. She left a note apologizing, explaining her desire to not be held down by village life, then set out on her own into the depths of Rune.

Misc: She's currently trying to avoid the people of her village, so if she sees any feline beastfolk or Rugaden, she'll likely scramble out of the area.

Theme: Undecided, at the moment.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#99 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Also pre-approved.

Appearance: Medium length orange hair, a thin nose, a soft jawline, blue eyes, light freckled skin, a lean, muscular build, well, small breasts, and about 5'11 without shoes on. Also, he has one extra toe on his left foot.
Name: Reillus "Valkynaz" Ghillie, named after a Saint of a civilization lost in legend
Gender: Female, prefers "he", "him", is rather blatant about it
Race: Human
Equipment: A lightly armored brown leather duster, baggy brown leather chaps, a tan cotton undershirt, a light Yew crossbow, a holster for wearing on the back, a deep cup for crossbow bolts, eight crossbow bolts, a hunting knife, a rigging knife and a set of four lockpicks.
Skills: He is good with ranged weapons, he can throw knives rather well, he is quite stealthy and he has some blacksmith training; enough for to repair a weapon until professional work can be done.
Personality: rash and immature, yet caring and always loyal. In a fight, he will often stand in front of someone to shield them from harm and will never hurt a lady, even if she intends to kill him.
Bio: When Reillus was born in the small town of Risoul, he had an open wound on his back, scarring him. The midwife managed to save him from death, but not his mother. She died later that night, cursed. Still holding Reillus. He had always been taught by his father that women were the shepherds of life, and that to harm them would mean total evil. He always knew that he could never harm a lady. They were too gentle and loving to be hurt in any way, and he would punish all who did. Eventually, he discovered himself as a male, trapped in a female's body. This impacted his life greatly, and everyone stayed away from him. He was a social outcast. When he was twelve, Reillus got into a fight with someone picking on a girl he fancied. He shoved him back, but he knocked Reillus over and hit the girl as hard as he could. She fell, knocked unconscious by the blow. Reillus saw this and immediately flew into a rage, kicking and punching and spitting and cursing until the offender and Reillus both lie bleeding on the ground. Reillus became friends with the girl and they soon developed a relationship. Reillus, having fought teeth bared, was not afraid to fight for what he knew was good in the world. His father taught him how to fight with weapons and hand-to-hand afterwards. Four years later, Reillus left his father to seek adventure, and never returned to him. He later discovered that he was going mad. The bit of stray magic left behind from his mother's curse had begun to take its toll on him, after 16 years. He sought out healers and wizards, but to no avail, until he heard tell of a powerful wizard living nearby the city of Rune. On his 17th birthday, he stopped in the city to have a drink with an old friend and find this wizard.
Misc: A peculiar phenomena was detected in Reillus at a young age. His eyes shift color, very subtly, but noticeably, when he feels a change in emotion, betraying said emotion to whoever can read the colors. It is unknown what causes this.
Theme: Pink Floyd's "On the Run"
Certified Jojo fan

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#100 Post by Furasian »

My bad for making a small post and not editing it like I said. I'll try to put more time into the next post T~T
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#101 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Who's turn is it? 'Cause I want to try to explain my bloody blade as soon as possible. God-damn, I should've wiped it off..
Certified Jojo fan

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#102 Post by y7h65 »

We're waiting on Amoeba and Fubar.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#103 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

Oh damn. Damn, damn, damn........ sloppy. [censored] hell, this is bad. So, guys, seeing as how I'm slowly receding into non-regularity, I'm gonna go ahead and quit with a final post. Hope nobody is planning some sort of protection for Reillus, he probly gon' die.
Certified Jojo fan

InceptionBwaaa
Grand Templar

#104 Post by InceptionBwaaa »

This'll be fun. I'm sure.
Certified Jojo fan

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#105 Post by y7h65 »

Apologies for the lack of activity from my end. It's been a busy couple of weeks and I haven't had the time to hash out a post. I should free up a week and a bit before Halloween though.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.