Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC (Maybe Ded)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC

#61 Post by Lief »

I think at this point only three people are participating, including yourself, Y7. And right now one of them appears to be incapacitated. I could throw up a character but with where the story's at right now it'd be kinda awkward to introduce them. And with the difference in our writing styles, I'd feel weird taking control of Allison back from Amoeba.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#62 Post by Ketzal »

I am still alive, though a bit too lethargic to post in time as of late >_<

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#63 Post by y7h65 »

Just send me a PM of your post and I can put it up for you.

EDIT: Isst, it's your post dude.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#64 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I'll post once I get some information from y7. My fault for not asking sooner, sorry about that.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#65 Post by Ketzal »

Without going into too much detail, I've been going through some serious s*** with my family, which is why I've been silent for so long. I'm very sorry about this, and I'll try to have a post up today

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#66 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

I wouldn't sweat it so much. If it had been my turn, I would've been delaying like Congress on a reasonable budget, what with my tests and such.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#67 Post by Ketzal »

I am extremely sorry for the wait. Regardless of whatever's going on, I should at least be dropping a note saying whether I'm going to be late for a post. Next time I'll notify somebody if I'm gonna be gone. I might just hand over the reins for a post if I have to, even. Once again, I sincerely apologize...

Furasian
Citizen
Location: Down in Florida where we don't participate in the month of december

#68 Post by Furasian »

Hello ladies and gentlemen! Is there still room in this party? I'm reading over the OOC of both here and the older RP and have developed an interest. It might take me till later tonight to create a CS and I might ask questions along the process of creating a CS if you all don't mind!
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#69 Post by y7h65 »

Actually, I run this. And yes, there is room. You should PM me your CS instead of posting it up here, I prefer to look over things and walk through issues/do some other stuff.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Furasian
Citizen

#70 Post by Furasian »

What a awesome convenience! I'll see what I can do but I might need to hold off till tomorrow before sending you the first draft of my CS

(Oh and thanks again! For earlier..)
"It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war." (President John F Kennedy)

Every message has a secret, it depends on how valuable that secret is that makes it different from the other secrets.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#71 Post by y7h65 »

No worries, it's the holidays, take your time. Do note that this is a really, really, really slow moving RP. I prefer people to focus more on the quality of posts that they put out rather than the speed and if that requires a post every two weeks, then by God we will be posting once every two weeks.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Furasian
Citizen

#72 Post by Furasian »

That's fine by me. I wouldn't mind if it took months for a RP to continue, just a long as I know it's still alive, ya know?

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#73 Post by Lief »

y7h65 wrote:Actually, I run this. And yes, there is room. You should PM me your CS instead of posting it up here, I prefer to look over things and walk through issues/do some other stuff.
Ouch. Usurping power now, are you?

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#74 Post by y7h65 »

Lief wrote:
y7h65 wrote:Actually, I run this. And yes, there is room. You should PM me your CS instead of posting it up here, I prefer to look over things and walk through issues/do some other stuff.
Ouch. Usurping power now, are you?
Yes, I am. Well, I run this from a story teller perspective.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Furasian
Citizen

#75 Post by Furasian »

Characters incoming!

They gave you clothes, education, a home, and a job. The only thing they took, was your life.

Appearance: An image to help you out! (Of course his clothes are not all torn up... Yet.) Usually wears a large gray cloak to help conceal himself with the crowd and hide his weapons from plain sight. Has bandages wrapped around his ankles and hands as improvised fingerless gloves and footwear.

Weapons and items placement: Scoped flintlock rifle with a gun sling on his back, gunpowder flask on his right side. Rapier sword sheathed in it's scabbard strapped to his left side, courier bag with a strap over his shoulder is also to his left side containing a few items. The throwing knives are located on a strap wrapped around his right upper leg. All weapons are concealed when the cloak is wrapped around him, but one with the observant eye might be able to get a glimpse of them through any occasional openings caused by movement or wind drafts.

Has the hat in the drawing! (Who doesn't like hats?!) Unlike what is shown in the piece of art he was gifted with an long bushy tail of awesomeness.

Name: Ansen Grayson
Race: Beastfolk Wolf (I saw the term Beastfolk and.. Wow the person who made that idea can have all my cookies.)

Equipment: Rapier, Messenger bag (Only containing ammunition, rags, bandages, a canteen of water [Tied to the strap in the upper body region], a sharpening stone, and a few old tattered envelopes, along with a change of clothes and finally a rugged blanket.) Three throwing knives.(Concealed on his right side) Velvet tabard, cloth shirt, large gray cloak, Scoped Flintlock Rifle, and a map.

Skills:
Swordplay:Over the period of his courier days Ansen was taught how to fight with a sword to help appease to human customs.(Since his tribes weapons were more primitive to the king's perspective.) With the aid of trainers he has become a skilled swordsman, but not a master.

Throwing: His tribe did a lot with thrown weapons to compromise for the lack of rifles. He knew how to throw spears and even hatchets. With the aid of his people and the city's trainers he has even mastered the art of throwing knives.

Keen senses and uncanny reaction time: As a wolf, he is gifted with keen senses. He can hear, taste, smell, and react better than the average humans. It can be a hindrance and a distraction too, the strong scent of blood simply makes him loose concentration in any situation which can be a disaster in some cases.

Agility and Speed: As a courier and messenger speed is his weapon. His life depended on being faster and at times being quicker than some pursuer sent to kill and rob him. He might be average when it comes to the strength of a Beastfolk, but don't let him fool you for his speed can evade and it can most definitely harm anyone who threatens him with his life.

Rifleman: Ansen has been taught how to operate both his and other rifles. He is the type to make sure his shots are carefully put, but usually relies on reloading speed when it comes to the battle of flintlock rifles. He practices frequently and cleans his weapon whenever he can, small things that could save his life on the heat of battle.

The Sixth Sense: It says that only a few people can grow up to have the sixth sense, a power of perception beyond the five senses. The feeling of hair standing on your back, the tensing up of your body, and you know that something is wrong. Ansen has learned to harness and use the sixth sense in order to survive. He can somewhat predict when he or somebody else is in danger, but at times even his senses can fail him, especially when dealing with a master of stealth or when dealing with magic. To him the sixth sense is like a murderer, questioning its presence can be fatal.

Personality: Ansen is usually quiet and cautious around those he labels as strangers. His trust is hard to achieve but to those he trusts he trusts with his life not just his presence. Over time the wolf can be attached to those he is around and he tends to be mindful about their safety. No matter how many times he has experienced it, loosing somebody is one of the worst things he can hold himself up to. When he is forced to actually speak to those he is unfamiliar with he is a man of few words, but when he talks to a friend he opens up many things depending on the subject, even pours out some of his past if convinced by his chatting partner to do so.

Bio: Ansen was raised by a tribe outside one of the many cities in the region of Castam. When he grew to become an adult, his life took an unexpected turn. Word came to his family that they demanded a tribute to the city annually, whether a man or a woman to aid them in whatever cause they wish to participate in. Ansen thought over this dilemma for the entire following night, pondering about what impact this could have on whoever was chosen. Coincidentally (or unfortunately), the wolf was chosen at the age of 19. He was to leave his family and tribe for training in a Castam complex in the following week.

The training and learning was rigorous and exhausting. He learnt the human language, basic education, and survival skills in only a year. They made him into a cultural fusion between his people and their people. Ansen wasn't sure what the purpose of all of this was, until he began to piece it together. He started to realize with the education they gave him the unique traits Beastfolk had compared to the humans. They needed him for those traits, and soon he found out why in his second year.

The second year was all about training to be a messenger. Ansen was taught how to protect, steal, and kill for the sake of making sure whatever he had was to be kept safe. They made him a fighter, his precious cargo being secrets written on paper, without any look towards what he wished to do. Ansen, confined within the walls of a castle like compound was almost held against his will with only one threat hanging over his head; If he left them they would return to the village demanding him to be replaced by another unfortunate person to be trained to the borderline point of breaking. He was their asset and weapon, and they would utilize him like one for the next year.

Being a courier wasn't soo bad, shrugging off the looks people gave him along with the fact he was a walking target. Ansen did learn to cope and adapt to the change of life instead of resisting it and rejecting it. He spent a year of his life taking up assignments, saying yes sir and no sir, and staining his rapier sword in the blood of those who made the move to try and kill him for his valuable messenger bag. It was a operation behind the curtains of the public eye, a wolf delivering fragile material to specific head figures while fending off spies and mercenaries after the secrets he held. On the other side, Ansen was revealed to cultures he had never seen before and he hear stories that he wished to tell his family. One topic, that came up frequently, was the legend of the City of Rune. He dreamt of it and imagined what his life could be if he had managed to thrive in it's riches. It was then he made a plan, with a lot risk being sewn together.

He sent a letter to his family, informing them of his abandonment from his post. It was a cold spring night when the wolf snuck from his guarded complex with his equipment at his side. He crept off into the forest, keeping low and hidden under the cover of the dark night while leaving the city. The courier didn't stop until the crack of dawn, when he was sure nobody could follow and catch him. After more running and gaining distance between himself and his old home, he took out his map, and plotted a course to this famed independent city in hopes to come back to his tribe one day and bring the riches with him. It was an all or bust deal: discover treasure or don't come home.

Misc: He is born with a sensitive tail, stepping on it usually makes him unhappy or temporarily paralyzed for a few seconds (If you stomped on it, that is.)

Theme:Some Blackmill!