Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC (Maybe Ded)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

Re: Southbound: Relics of the Past OOC

#31 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Lief is gone for an unknown amount of time. As such, I'll be bringing Allison along until he returns, which may be on the scale of days or weeks, not sure at this time.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#32 Post by Ketzal »

I never stopped and thought about how weird my character must look with bladed tonfas and a lute. Probably not your average looking mercenary XD

EDIT: I don't know if it's important to note, but I saw MrAmoeba bring up a point about the blades potentially slicing Isaak's own arms if he uses them to defend. My idea for the weapons is that they are folded metal, like a samurai sword, so one side is much more blunt than the other side. Hope that makes sense...

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#33 Post by y7h65 »

Naw, makes sense. I was under the assumption that they had been one sided anyways.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#34 Post by Kisuke »

So, this sounds like a lot of fun and very D&D-esque, expect a sheet from me shortly.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#35 Post by y7h65 »

Right, forgot to mention this, but I am against the use of PMs to compile posts. The short line of reason is that it prevents me from knowing if a post is to be delivered within time or if I am to skip a player. This in turns may cause the RP to grind to a halt, something I wish to prevent.

As of right now, the alternative may either be Skype or Roll20. Expect a Roll20 link for quick compile speech posts to be put up within a few days. With these two methods, I at least can get date/time stamps to ensure that actual work is done.

For the time being though, I will allow shortened talking posts so long as you follow the post order. However, I am not allowing one liners. While I know that you can limit speech to one sentence, at least throw in some character thoughts/motivations into the post to pad it out.

EDIT: If anyone has suggestions, feel free to shoot them to me via PM.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

isstmich
Grand Templar

#36 Post by isstmich »

For the record, what IS the post order?

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#37 Post by y7h65 »

Me, Amoeba, Isst, Fubar. Any joiners will fall into place on the list.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#38 Post by Kisuke »

I have arrived!

Appearance: Stands around 6'
Human Name: Seth Blackburn
Actual Name: Soreth of the Burning Dark
Race: Dragon (sealed by a powerful spell to humanoid form)
Equipment: A special enchanted sword capable of channeling magics more effectively than a normal steel blade, his basic clothing and a small pack with travelling essentials.
Skills:
Sword Mage: Channels magic through a sword to enhance attacks by adding elemental damage or hitting enemies at range with a spell cast from the blade itself.

Master Swordsman: Having lived for 800 years, he has had plenty of time to learn swordplay from the best of the best and is thought of as a prodigy because of his apparent age. He is able to best all average swordsmen, such as guards and most adventurers in short duels.

Magic Detection: Able to detect powerful magic without trying and able to detect weaker and concealed magic with some effort.

Dragon's Blood: Because he is a dragon in human form, he is much harder to kill than usual as he heals faster than a normal human. He also doesn't seem to age since dragons can live for several millennia.

Personality: Soreth is a proud dragon, but Seth is mostly quiet, ashamed of being tricked so easily.

Bio: Soreth was a powerful dragon who ruled peacefully over his own land, occasionally taking down rebellions and adventurers who dared to try and kill him. One day, while mingling with the people in the kingdom nearest to his lair, while assuming a human form, a mysterious woman gave him a gift as a token of her appreciation for keeping the people safe from harm. He was confused at first because no one should have known of his human appearance, but he accepted it regardless. That night however, after he returned to his lair, he found that he couldn't shift back into his normal form. He realized that the woman might have had something to do with it and checked his pockets to the medallion she had given him. Upon closer inspection, he found it to be enchanted with a powerful curse that was kept hidden with a concealment spell. He has tried destroying it, but has failed on every attempt. He now lives with the curse and wanders the world trying to find that woman who cursed him, having assumed an alias to stay undercover as much as possible. He's been stuck as a human for around 40 years.

Now I just need to read the IC and get my post ready to go.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#39 Post by y7h65 »

Right, new post order is Me, Amoeba, Isst, Fubar, Lief (When he gets back), and now Kisuke.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Doom114
Grand Templar

#40 Post by Doom114 »

Guess I'm back, let's have some fun.

Appearance: Stands at 6'5"

Name: Dominic Morden

Race: Castam Wolf

Equipment:
Long Bow - Dom often makes his own bows with supplies gathered in the wilds. he takes great pride in the bows he makes, so he usually wont let others touch it, or let it leave arms reach.
Short Sword - Simple sword, bottom of the hilt is shaped like a howling wolf's head
Leather armor - Fairly basic leather armor with metal plates covering the chest, shoulders, upper legs and left wrist
Pair of Quivers - Each holding 50 arrows each, one on his hip and one over his shoulder
Basic Traveling Gear

Skills:
Speed Archery - Dom is an exceptionally skilled archer with incredible aim, but his greatest skill is the speed at which he can knock an arrow and take aim. He can often fire effectively at a rate twice that of a comparable archer, often making the need to draw his blade unnecessary, unless he empties his quivers.

Tracking - By honing his skills, and natural talents, Dom is often able to track his quarry by normal means, but also by smell. Linked to this is also an advanced level of hearing, leading to it being rather difficult to sneak up on him.

Swordsmanship - Dom has spent countless hours training with his sword, making him a more than acceptable swordsman, but he often prefers to use his bow.

Feral Agility- Another trait from accepting his racial skills, Dom is somewhat faster than most for his size, often taking to moving on all fours when speed is of the essence.

Natural Fighter - If the need arises, Dom is also skilled at combat using his claws to tear into less armored enemies.

Personality:
Dominic is a a fairly trusting individual, but will still take time before he opens up to anyone.
When traveling with a group he trusts, he will often risk himself to keep them safe.
When he is stressed, he has a tendency to lock down a little, seeming to be a much angrier person as he analyzes as much as possible.

Bio:
Dominic spent most of his young life living mostly alone in the forests outside of Castam's main cities. From the time he spent there, he came to be fond of the wild. He often meets with people outside of the cities to hear happenings within the empires, but usually wouldn't head into the cities themselves. He has taken to living a rather simple life of hunting for himself in the wilds, sometimes selling his services as a guide to groups who feel less secure in their travels.

Misc: Whether or not his bow actually grants him any skills is not confirmed.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#41 Post by y7h65 »

Doom's position is now after Kisuke on the post order, sheet is approved.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#42 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

By the way, Kisuke, where is/was your guy's kingdom? Would the rest of us have heard about it, since it's only been 40 years since the place where a dragon was ruling it lived?
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#43 Post by Kisuke »

MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:By the way, Kisuke, where is/was your guy's kingdom? Would the rest of us have heard about it, since it's only been 40 years since the place where a dragon was ruling it lived?
Ok, so quickly talked to y7 about this and determined that my character's from a different continent and that it's far enough away that most people haven't heard of it, though some of the more worldly travelers would.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#44 Post by y7h65 »

Data Post updated. Now contains post order and info sections.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#45 Post by Kisuke »

Won't be able to get a post up today cause I've got some plans with family and friends, but I'll try and get one up tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, been a busy weekend so far.