hardcore
No votes

Total votes: 7

Able
Templar Inner Circle

Drop into cyberspace ((occ/sign))

#1 Post by Able »

ladies, gentlemen and to everyone not sitting on a soft chair
it's time for another one of my drop series RP's those who have been around long enough and know my series will know this Drop rp has never been on my lists. OH yes this is new one. this means unlike my other one this hasn't been refined and basically up in the air. so my fine fellows who up for some fun but i don't expect you to walk in blind so time to elaborate

_________History_______
the year 2059 gaming has been pushing into a new frontier and with it the dreams of gamers came true, localized Viral reality and shortly after the first MMO games started to appear but none of them could truly let plays come up with there own fighting styles or spell they had to follow the in game system. until the D.R.O.P game system was developed and Game of sword Drop was released. the game took off like nothing before it. people could create there own personal avatars from their imaginations and there own sword styles and powers and spells as long as there characters ability could cope with the move, this lead to no two characters being alike and people came truly close to living in a real fantasy world.

__________world_______
the world of Sword Drop is built like a floating castle 100 level each level of the great floating castle was close to the size of two normal areas of the average MMO now days. No two levels are the same. forest, frozen tundras, decaying temples and great cities all are possible when a new level is reached. The entrance to each level is guarded by a one off boss of ridiculous power which drop a one off unique item of great power that well be always be of some use no mater how high level the person grows. each level has its own unique monsters, events, quests and crafting materials and higher you go the more powerful they become. Everyone is pushing to get to the top and claim the ultimate prize which is still unknown. the people are on the highest accessible levels and are called front liners and are the best of the best.

______Cleared levels____
low level Cyberspace
magic fantasy based
water world
Jungle level
Medieval city
Floating island
Elven Forest city

_______PvP______
will be announced once a difficulty is chosen

______difficulty______
easy- no punishment for dieing
medium- average punishment for dieing ((loss of gold or equipment ect))
hard- once a character dies it is dead and you must start a new character
hardcore- once your character dies your account is deleted and your are out of the RP ((for-good))

_____Job________
you choose or come up with your own. blacksmith, fisherman, woodcutter, mage, blade dancer or anything, in your character sheet include a description of your chosen job bounces ect.

____item_____
these are important think hard everyone has 8 starting items. this includes weapons, amour ect. ((if people feel its not enough i might increase it))

____skills____
come up with your own ((but im trusting in people to not make OP move so play nice))

___magic____
spells are done by chanting words more words more power. you can chant a maximum of 5 word per post, but you can store chants over posts, eg you could be fighting with your sword and chanting spells at the same time, but while chanting you cant say anything else other than magic words so if you want to yell "look out!" to a party member you have to brake your chant. there are three types of chants attack, deference and support you can only chant one at a time and if you want to start charging up a new type of spell you have to lunch or current one or braket eh chant. at the start of your chant declare what kind of chant it is.

duration spells is set by posts ether how many posts the target makes or how many posts you make until it ends or wears off.

_____Rules_____
no Meta knowledge
NO OP moves
be respectful
play nice
i am GM my say is final

____Character sheet____
name:
appearance: (( description is fine but i prefer picture))
level: ((starting level for the rp is 20))
Job:
Job Description:
Skills:
Magic:
Strong SKills: ((the things your character does most and uses most Max 3))
weak skills: ((the things your character does least or uses least minimum 3))
items:
specialty stat: ((speed, strength,ect))
weak stat:((speed, strength,ect))

______my sheet____
name: Solar
appearance: https://d.facdn.net/art/tsampikos/13021 ... kos_dk.jpg
level: 20
Job: NightStreak
Job Description: NightStreak Job specialized in dark combat using the darkness to hide their sword swings and attacks to over power and eviscerate there opponents quickly in the dark. using next to no amour so they can still move very fast with there large weapons.
Skills: Night Vision, Crescent Night ((vertical power strike to break guards)) shadow pin ((throws dart into target shadow to hold them in place, they can't move in there next post then it wears off)) Shadow blast ((Swing sword Horizontally sending out shadow energy wave))
Magic: Darkness support spell ((shadows the area in darkness, 5 words 2 posts, 10 words 4 posts, 20 words 8 posts))
Strong SKills: Stealth, one handed swords, repair
weak skills Magic Attack, heavy amour, Bows
items: shadow steal glove, Shadow steal shoulder Pad, kunai X 4 , Shadow steal buster sword, repair kit, Black Smiting Kit, Smoke bomb, Hp potions X 2
specialty stat: Speed
weak stat: Magic defense
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

Re: Drop into cyberspace ((occ/sign))

#2 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

A bit interested; Though I kind of wished I had a little more information, or mostly limitations on the subjects, of the RP so that I could make a character that would fit; for instance:
-What is the technological level of this virtual world? I know it deals with swords and magic, but that doesn't really denounce the possibility of a colonial type world or a steam-punkish world or hell a futuristic world.
- Another question is what is the limit on the career options I can take? I know I can't be super-death knight from mars born from the Emprah's grace, but what are the limitations or possibilities without breaking your world's rules?
-For skill, does it level with your character(like in WoW or Aion) or does do you need to level specific skills (like in Runescape or EVE online).
-What is the Max Cap in general and How does the Leveling System work(like in WoW, Aion, SWTOR its pretty simple; grind on monsters to get XP to get higher levels. While Things like Runescape calculate the level through specific skill points and mix them to get a viable Combat Level)?
Also, I am bordering on Medium and Hard, easy doesn't give that feeling of not wanting to die and seems way to nice to players, while hardcore seems to be rather punishing to those who wish to join the RP. Medium and Hard gives that feeling of the need to survive without fully punishing the player(unless the intention was to make a Sword Art Online type of RP, then I'll retract my statement).

Edit:
-Also is there any other form of limitations on magic other than Words? Could I make a Character be a pure mage? I was thinking of a character a character kind of like this or this, being of exemplary fire magic. Would that be possible?
If not and I am to be only a swordsman, is it possible to have something like this only without the Wings.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Able
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by Able »

Geo_&_Bio thank you this is helping me iron out details in this new Drop rp which is what i need.

1. the level of technology is different per floor of the world. you might be on a futuristic floor but the very next one could be medieval where all your tec is a disadvantage for lack of ways to recharge them on the floor giving them limited use. but i did over look one thing that i will add which are the current cleared floor encase people want to get gear from levels they have already past.

2.there are no real jobs in game so there just titles that would appear under you characters name in game that tells other people how you play the game. E.G mien would say NightStreak, doesn't do anything really but people would like it have it say how they like to play.

3.there are base level which for starting is 20. this is mainly so people can tell where to fight or run. being level 20 your wouldn't want to fight a level 30 monster or other player. then there Skills they determine what your character can do. E.G hopefully from reading my character sheet you can tell my characters skills would be high in one handed swords, stealth, repairing. but lower when it coming to things like magic and bows. but i will make some amendments to the character sheet so people and set up there character stats better

4. leveling works by exp killing monsters or other players where skill level up as you use them eg level up cooking skill by cooking or sword skill by killing monsters with the sword to attacking a training dummy ect. people cant tell others people skills. but outside of PVP areas they can see there level

Sword Art Online did help me fill some hole i had in this rp which got me to the level i wanted

5. the only limit to magic is words you can make pure mage types as long as your careful with your skill and spells, you could give them skills like speed cast that lets you say a extra word per post but try anything to op like begin able to chant 10 words a post and i with shut it down.
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

Able
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Able »

if i don't get any other interest in the next few days i will take this rp back to the drawing board
_/l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Meow.

Lockheart

#5 Post by Lockheart »

so is this still active and if so will this be more like a scenario or a game with hit-points and such.

Saska Skye
Master

#6 Post by Saska Skye »

Will finish reading in a second, but must say now that you stole this idea from Sword Art Online =P

(Damnit! I didn't notice this was dead. I was wanting to participate!)
Black
You value power, ambition, and darkness. You love power at any cost, and are a corrupting influence on those around you. At your best, you are resourceful and unashamed. At your worst, you are parasitic and amoral. Your symbol is a skull.