Wit's End (Twokinds based) OOC/Signup

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Ace5762
Grand Templar

Wit's End (Twokinds based) OOC/Signup

#1 Post by Ace5762 »

9th of October, Year 482
Have just finished entrenching at the human town of StoneShore; citizens saw us coming and fled. Decided not to waste resources pursuing them. Noted to lookout Orati that a guerrilla counterattack is possible, if the humans are foolish enough.

The Basitin drummed his fingers on the desk he was writing on, dipping his quill into an inkpot before continuing.

Five new keidran joined our contingent today. None too pleased about having a non-keidran in charge, but they’ll learn. Munitions and food stocks are high, sending out a party to get water from the shore of Great Lake at dawn. Will be holding this area for a few days and waiting for further orders- taken myself a nice room in the abandoned inn, will be a nice change to have a bed for once.

Another dab at the ink pot, blotting the edge of his journal with the excess ink.

Wolves are foolhardy as usual, thinking they’ll march right onto the Human capital, shunning the other clans. Under-manned for a campaign like that- sent a pigeon to my keidran contacts, offering the call for mercenaries, should see the results by tomorrow.

The quill laid down and his journal closed, the Basitin stood by the bay window of the tavern, surveying the campfire lit in the streets below. Raucous keidran laughter and chatter echoing around the conquered town as the glow of broken apart doors, signposts and furniture burning illuminated dusty fur and the gleam of steel.
The out of place leader drew the curtains and retrieved a smoking pipe from his pocket, tapping a helping of tobacco into it and tentatively lighting it. Taking a breath of the smoke, his eyes bulged as he quickly coughed it away, glaring at the pipe fiercely.
“Damned stuff” he choked out, rolling his tongue out of his mouth at the taste before forcing himself to draw another breath from it. If he could smoke a pipe, that bolstered his image. And here, leadership was nine parts image and only one part charisma or skill.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, yes. This is a roleplay based in the twokinds world, focused on the events of the unfolding human-keidran war. Our scene opens on a captured human town in North-West Human territory, and the detachment of wolf-keidran soldiers there. An inventive choice of leadership sees a far-flung Western Basitin in command of this band, the darker days of the war looming ahead as the paws/hands of all species are set to become dirty and bloodied.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules of the RP:
-First of all, the obvious stuff: No godmodding, don't break the 4th wall, stick to twokinds canon as much as possible (I'll be doing my best to adhere to this too) and respect the decisions of GMs.

-I'm planning to keep this one at a post rate minimum, namely one post per day as the guideline. People posting unneccessarily often without good reason will risk warnings from the GMs, or suspension/expulsion from the rp. Also, no one-line posts. Obviously an excessively long post is no good either, but if you can't put at least 2 or 3 lines in your post, it probably isn't worth posting it.

-I will allow extra main characters, but probably only one per player. Multiple extra side characters, that fit with the story, are fine.

-It might go without saying, but you should colour code your character's speech, especially if you are playing two characters. This is for everyone's ease.

-OOC discussion should be kept in this thread, but obviously small OOC notes in rp posts are fine.

In regards to how the rp is run or how the story is going, send a pm to me or one of the other GMs if you have any suggestions, bones to pick or etc.

To sign up, use the character form below and post it in this thread. A GM will pm you to let you know whether you need to change some things or if you're accepted, as well as asking how you'd like your character to be introduced.

Character name:
(Optional: you can leave this blank if you wish to reveal their name later)

Physical Gender:

Species:
(Any species from the twokinds universe can be taken, namely: Human, Western Basitin, Eastern Basitin, Tiger Keidran, Cat Keidran, Snow Leopard Keidran, Wolf Keidran, Snow Wolf Keidran, Dog Keidran, Fox Keidran. Unorthadox species like hybrids, enchantment victims (E.g. like Raine) and etc. can be taken but will be at GM discretion as to being allowed. Species like that are trickier to work into the story. Also note that many of the species will hold some limitations as to how you function in the story. For example, a human character will not be able to interact immediately with characters in the wolf-camp)

Physicalities:
You should put any notes here you feel are important about your character's appearance. Height, hair/fur colour, visible age, scars, tattoos, etc. That other characters will notice instantly upon meeting the character

Seasoned roleplayers may notice I have not added 'personality', 'background' or 'equipment' sections. This is intentional- it is much better to play your character with this ideas of them written in your head only. Have your character behave, talk, act and react in a way that reflects their personality and the things they have already experienced.
Also remember that this rp will be a story that further builds your character, so a character ripe for development is much better than a fully-formed one.

I'll be setting up the main thread as soon as I feel we have enough players and a clear direction for the story to head towards.

Current Players:
Ace5762 (GM): Markus Hailes, NPCs
Cliffpanther (GM) : Kevin (currently away)
Mullac (GM): Carden, NPCs
Ranalf: Ranalf and Rana Archet (Currently away)
y7h65: Rozalin Daryl
Chaosye:Weston Tait
MrFlyingAmoeba: Thomas Reed
Lief: Mark Emmerson
MrCrimson:Red Ketsueki
Stryder221: Vane _____

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Additional- during this roleplay dialogue is to written thusly:

Dialogue with "< ___________ >" Is spoken in keidran.
Dialogue with "{ ___________ }" is spoken in basitin.
Dialogue with no brackets, or with square brackets: "[ ______________ ]" is spoken in human.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

cliffpanther
Grand Templar
Location: In the central point of the Universe. Just like everyone else.

Re: Wit's End OOC/Signup

#2 Post by cliffpanther »

I'm in!
Character name:
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows) - AKA Database Error :) To be revealed later.
Physical Gender: Male
Species: Wolf Keidran
Physicalities: About 6'6" tall, grey fur, blue eyes, white hair with a black stripe in the middle (refer to my avatar :)

I haven't been rping for oh so long! Can't wait!

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#3 Post by Ranalf »

Good to see ya back in RP'in, Ace, cliffy. :D

Character name:
Ranalf Archet

Physical Gender:
Male

Species:
Tiger Keidran

Physicalities:
5'7, Brown hair, orange fur with black stripes. He also commonly wears a brownish robe that matches his sister's.

Character name:
Rana Archet

Physical Gender:
Female

Species:
Tiger Keidran

Physicalities:
5'4, long brown hair, very bright blue eyes, and not too big on the bosom department. Same fur pattern as her brother. She also wears a brownish robe like her brother's.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Ace5762 »

Cliffy, you're in obviously and you'll be a GM like we discussed ^^ is being introduced as one of the wolf keidran soldiers ok for you?

Hey there Ranalf! Long time no see, and it feels good to be back :3 your characters sound good to me, so pm me or post here if there's a particular way you'd like them to be introduced.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

cliffpanther
Grand Templar

#5 Post by cliffpanther »

Ace5762 wrote:Cliffy, you're in obviously and you'll be a GM like we discussed ^^ is being introduced as one of the wolf keidran soldiers ok for you?

Hey there Ranalf! Long time no see, and it feels good to be back :3 your characters sound good to me, so pm me or post here if there's a particular way you'd like them to be introduced.
Sure Ace, that's fine!

Also, Ranalf, I've been trying to contact you on MSN messenger/Yahoo but you never respond XD
And. They've closed HolyBeast...

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Ranalf »

cliffpanther wrote:
Ace5762 wrote:Cliffy, you're in obviously and you'll be a GM like we discussed ^^ is being introduced as one of the wolf keidran soldiers ok for you?

Sure Ace, that's fine!

Also, Ranalf, I've been trying to contact you on MSN messenger/Yahoo but you never respond XD
And. They've closed HolyBeast...
Oh yeah, I deleted that. I'm on Skype though.

I know of that. It's [censored] news. They've also closed down AsdaStory, another of my favorite games. started playing Mabinogi now though along with Silkroad Online-R.
Delicious.
Cool story.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Wit's End (Twokinds based) OOC/Signup

#7 Post by y7h65 »

Throwing this in.

Character name: Rozalin Daryl

Physical Gender: Female

Species: Human

Physicalities: Just gonna drop this here. 175cm in height and carries both the sword seen in the picture and this one(130cm long). Instead of using a sheath for these swords, she belts them down with the two hander on her back and the one hander on her left hip. Also wears a mana crystal necklace underneath her armor.

-Faction-
Stoneshore Militia
A group composed of both the remanents of Stoneshore's militia and citizens that have volunteered for combat. While the rest of Stoneshore's refugees were sent to the next big town to warn them of the happenings in the northwest, these men and woman have taken it upon themselves to slow down, stop, or even push back the invaders through any means necessary. Group contains no more then thirty irregular members with the ten trained militia members acting as commanders and trainers.

I ask that everyone treats the Militia NPC as actual character as my group will be making use of a fair amount of NPC's.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Chaosye »

Character name: Weston Tait

Physicalities: Quick Reference. A man of average height, he wears a mixture of typical human military wear and gathered bits and pieces. He often carries a weathered halberd strapped to his back, along with a shortsword and dagger at his belt.
Helmet off, his features are surprisingly fair for a man of military. With a slightly youthful appearance to his face, he carries a head of brown hair upon his head and a dank beryl within his irises.

-Faction-
Stoneshore Militia

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#9 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Character name: Thomas Reed

Physicalities: Stands 5'8" Wears a comfortable cream cloth shirt and tan cloth pants with a primitive leather belt and wool coat. A pair of primitive glass spectacles graces his mildly lined face. Blue eyes and blond hair streaked with grey. Thin goatee.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

cliffpanther
Grand Templar

#10 Post by cliffpanther »

You're all approved, welcome on board! ^_^

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Ace5762 »

Appears I should also write up my character poste haste. A few more players and we may be set to start.

Character name: Markus Hailes

Physical Gender:Male

Species: Western Basitin

Physicalities: stands at 5'8", grey fur, slightly stocky in body shape, scar across left cheek and another on his left palm, green eyes.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#12 Post by Lief »

Welp, there we go. Procrastinated way too much for something so simple.

Character name: Mark Emmerson

Physicalities: Stands at about 5'9, steel blue eyes. Typically wears light shirts, similar to the one in the picture. Wears a pair of leather gloves 95% of the time. Wears a pair of blue cloth pants reinforced with leather in some places. A pair of well-worn leather boots complete his outfit. Keeps this sword on his left hip.

-Faction-
Stoneshore Militia

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Ace5762 »

Okies, good stuff- I think maybe one more player on the keidran side to balance things out and we'll be in business. I was hoping Mullac was going to be joining as the second GM, but perhaps not.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.

mullac
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by mullac »

Never fear Mullac is hear... Now being done with the cheesy intro lets get down to business, I hear you need another keidran? that suits me fine.

Name: Carden ...... (might change between now and the start)

Species: Wolf Keidran

Appearance: 5'10, Brown fur and eyes. Sports a scar over his right shoulder. He wears a black cloth shirt and brown trouser, over which he wears leather armour that shows clear signs of combat use (e.g. bracer's and spaulder's). Which is all coved with a well made black hooded cloak.
He who wanders....in and out of here every 6 months or so 8)

Ace5762
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Ace5762 »

Aha! Mullac, good to see you- obviously you're approved and elevated to GM status. Markus is a little tall for a basitin, I think, so I'm putting him down to 5'6". I'll have a think about my first post before I start up the main thread and then we can get rolling. I advise everyone to take another look at the rp rules in the first post of this so we don't have any upsets as we begin.
Not too shabby.
Born unto Bureaucracy.