Virtual Prison (OOC/Sign-ups)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

Virtual Prison (OOC/Sign-ups)

#1 Post by Kisuke »

The Story
In the year 2042, technology advanced to a point where virtual reality gaming now transferred all your mental controls to your avatar so that it was like you were actually there now, instead of just in a chair with a helmet on. Many VR games exist in the world now, the most popular being Firefight, a shooter with dozens of different settings, from WW2 to Space, with weapons to match; Brutal Brawl, a fighting game where you customize your own fighting avatar and compete with people around the world, or with an AI opponent; and Nexus, a VRMMORPG set in a fantastic world of magic and dragons. Nexus is the newest game on the market and so far only has 15,000 players, due to a limited test release. The man behind Nexus, Dimitri Serrano, designed, coded and manages the game by himself, with no other GMs or staff. He created the game with one goal in mind: to create a world where he could reign supreme as its god and know what it’s like to be all powerful. Those 15,000 players got to enjoy the launch day as just a game, but at the end of the first day, the players found themselves trapped in the game, unable to log out. The in-game avatar of the creator appeared before everyone and told them the game’s true purpose and turned their customized avatars into the people playing them. At the end of the speech, he made two things crystal clear: 1) the only way to escape was to clear the final dungeon, and 2) you die in the game, you die for real.
The RP begins a month into the game; so far, over 4,000 people have died and only the first 5 main dungeons have been cleared out, 15 still remain. Some people have pushed ahead, clearing dungeons and leveling up to fight for their lives, others are content with staying in low level areas and living as peaceful a life they can in their new virtual home, some have even gotten married in-game. There are many guilds out there, the most prominent being The Liberation Front.

The Classes

Clerics: Healers; they specialize in staying away from the front lines and keeping people alive. They are quite rare as most of them died in the first month. (1/1)
Mages: Casters; they specialize in elemental attacks and stay behind the front lines of battle. They aren’t as rare as clerics, but are still fairly hard to find. (2/2)
Fighters: Melee; they don’t specialize in any particular weapon, but can use almost any weapon effectively. Most tend to fight with fist weapons.
Warriors: Melee; they specialize in swords, great swords and shields. They make the best tanks and can take the most hits before being in danger.
Rogues: Melee; they specialize in daggers and poisons. They stick to the shadows and dish out damage from behind foes, but they are quite fragile.
Archers: Ranged; they specialize in bows and thrown weapons. They stay behind the main battle and hit targets with powerful ranged attacks. (2/2)

Da Rules
No godmodding (DUH!)
Character limit of 2, 3 if I think you can handle it.
One-liners are fine only if they help to advance the story but too many of them gets you a warning, then if they continue, a boot.
Normal RP rules we should all know.

The Players

Ranalf as Ranalf and Tailla

Raphael as Tyreed, Darkfire and Pierce

Myself as Kelinth and Ignis

Volgaia as Volgaia

Geo_&_Bio as JudgementJo-san, DreadDeadDrew and GentlemanBarbarian

Doom114 as Prof.Rougey_Rouge

MrFlyingAmoeba as Holy Cabbage

Silentdeath as Nexus

y7h65 as Jac and HouiUn3

Lief as Bran and Silver83

THE FEAR as Jei

Character Sheet

Code: Select all

[b]RL Appearance:[/b] (Pic preferred but a description is fine if you can’t find a suitable image.)

[b]RL Name:[/b] (This will be shared ONLY if/and when you want.)

[b]In-game Name:[/b] 

[b]RL Age:[/b] 

[b]Level:[/b] (level cap is 100 and no, no one is there yet.  Max reached so far is 50.)

[b]Personality:[/b] 

[b]Guild:[/b] (You're welcome to make your own guild, but you don't need to be in one, there are plenty of solo players out in the world.)

[b]Class:[/b] (Cleric, Mage, Fighter, Warrior, Rogue or Archer)

[b]Equipment:[/b] (Weapons and Armor.  No need to be too detailed, just the basics, unless you want to be detailed.)

[b]Misc:[/b] (Theme song?  Are you perhaps a PKer?)
I'm putting a limit on the number of clerics and mages, if you want one of those slots, PM me your character sheet for it and before the RP goes up, I'll choose who gets the slots. Since you may not get that character, I recommend you make a second character. You don't have to play them if you get the slot, but you're welcome to. Also, I'll allow 2 people, aside from myself, to start in The Liberation Front, just say you want to be a part of it and I'll let you know before the RP goes up if your character is in.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

Re: Virtual Prison (OOC/Sign-ups)

#2 Post by Chaosye »

A part of me really wants to make a character named -PR0-xXx420x31337KI|_|_3Rx420xXx-0RP-, but that would probably be a terrible idea.

On a different note, it makes me sad that there's no Ranged class apart from casters.

I'm also wondering about that Liberation Front, though, are they just the biggest guild around or is there something else that makes them important?

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#3 Post by Lief »

Chaosye wrote:On a different note, it makes me sad that there's no Ranged class apart from casters.
This.

I've already got some vague character idea floating around, so I may have one up soon. We'll see.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Kisuke »

Lief wrote:
Chaosye wrote:On a different note, it makes me sad that there's no Ranged class apart from casters.
This.

I've already got some vague character idea floating around, so I may have one up soon. We'll see.
Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something! Allow me to fix that.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Raphael »

I'll see what I can do for a bio. This is fantasy based right? no sci-fi type characters?
That may be the fighters section. But if not, here is what I would put for it:

Fighter: Ranged; They specialize in ranged weapons such as bows, crossbows, and slings, but can still fight fairly well with melee weapons. They stay behind the front lines of battle unless no other option is left for them.

==Edit==

Ninja'd by the GM lol.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Kisuke »

And it's fixed, gonna limit the number of them too because I don't want everyone to stray away from the front lines of the fight.
Raphael wrote:I'll see what I can do for a bio. This is fantasy based right? no sci-fi type characters?
Don't really need a bio since this is focusing on people playing a game, that's why I intentionally left it out of the character sheet. If anything, keep it short and focused on the player, not their in-game avatar.

Chaosye
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Chaosye »

Question, how real is the game supposed to be? Is it along the lines of 'every single brick and pinch of dirt is perfectly rendered to follow reality' or is it nowhere near that level of accuracy?

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Kisuke »

Chaosye wrote:Question, how real is the game supposed to be? Is it along the lines of 'every single brick and pinch of dirt is perfectly rendered to follow reality' or is it nowhere near that level of accuracy?
Pretty much that. Damage as well actually hurts, but to a significantly lesser degree.
Chaosye wrote:I'm also wondering about that Liberation Front, though, are they just the biggest guild around or is there something else that makes them important?
Completely forgot to answer this since I was mad at myself for forgetting the ranger class. The Liberation Front is not only the largest guild in the game, but they are also responsible for clearing out the first 4 dungeons before anyone else. They are the guild that gives the players hope for returning to the real world.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Raphael »

Kisuke wrote:And it's fixed, gonna limit the number of them too because I don't want everyone to stray away from the front lines of the fight.
Raphael wrote:I'll see what I can do for a bio. This is fantasy based right? no sci-fi type characters?
Don't really need a bio since this is focusing on people playing a game, that's why I intentionally left it out of the character sheet. If anything, keep it short and focused on the player, not their in-game avatar.
I mostly meant for the style of gameplay, so I don't make something that isn't related at all to the key theme of the RP. And when you mentioned the creator replacing the customized characters with their respective players, are we talking just their minds or what?

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Kisuke »

Raphael wrote:And when you mentioned the creator replacing the customized characters with their respective players, are we talking just their minds or what?
I'm talking about their appearance. People may have made themselves look different in game than they do in the real world and the creator changed that and made them into themselves. Which would be pretty awkward for guys playing female characters. Of course, you can change your armor so that if your avatar was wearing a dress and you're a guy, you can put on normal armor or clothing.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#11 Post by Lief »

So... There's lots of fat people running around swinging swords and slinging spells? Great.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Ranalf »

What? No alchemist? No Bard? :P

EDIT: Also, what about hybrid classes? Like a Warrior/mage, archer/warrior, etc.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Kisuke »

Lief wrote:So... There's lots of fat people running around swinging swords and slinging spells? Great.
Who says everyone that plays games is fat? That's just mean.

Ranalf wrote:What? No alchemist? No Bard? :P

EDIT: Also, what about hybrid classes? Like a Warrior/mage, archer/warrior, etc.
Nope, nope and nope, sorry.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#14 Post by tony1695 »

So, we're all human?
Oh well, at least we can look as ridiculously over-the-top with it still being reasonable.
What kind of limits are there, appearance-wise? Can we be 10 ft tall?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Kisuke
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Kisuke »

tony1695 wrote:Can we be 10 ft tall?
Yeah... no. Unless you have a reason to be 10' in real life, I'm gonna say keep it reasonable.