Mutant Awakening (closed)

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Mutant Awakening (sign up and OOC; 2 spots left!)

#31 Post by Raphael »

Approved, just make sure to stick to the changes we agreed on.

Oh, and before I forget, the drugs from that tranquilizer will have nasty after-effects when you wake up; grogginess and a splitting headache. Some may recover faster than others, but don't make it an instant heal kind of thing, give it a couple minutes (in RP time)

Laij
Grand Templar

#32 Post by Laij »

If it is not too late, could I submit my char, Raph? Been suffering from a heavy writers block today and yesterday. Were almost finished with a character before I scrapped it. It didn't work out.. But I will post a character if I get the go or just post it and see if you approve.

And as an answer to your earlier question, which I didn't answer, I will try to keep up with all the RPs I'm in atm. Some days might be worse than others, but I'll try keep my post count up.

SekerutaHeruta
Merchant

#33 Post by SekerutaHeruta »

Raphael wrote:Oh, and before I forget, the drugs from that tranquilizer will have nasty after-effects when you wake up; grogginess and a splitting headache. Some may recover faster than others, but don't make it an instant heal kind of thing, give it a couple minutes (in RP time)
Fine by me, I'll keep that in mind.
ImageImage

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#34 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Sounds like fun. Could I possibly reserve a spot? Ill have a CS soon.
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#35 Post by Raphael »

Laij and TKAwesome, make your characters, then sign ups will be closed after me and Gabriel have finished debating with his CS through PM. Just no posting until approval, got it?

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#36 Post by Raphael »

Also, here's my newest character:

Name: Jaquelin "Jackie" Miller
Height: 6'
Weight: 150lb
General Description: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/ ... zefair.jpg
Special Items: Can create her own
Story: Aside from having an odd knack for tinkering and building random things, she lived a pretty normal life. A physics and engineering major, she was originally going to be a technical engineer for the army. Unfortunately, her unnatural talent for understanding and building complex machinery without much experience drew the attention of the ASTRD. She was abducted a few days before the graduation ceremony of her 4 year graduate college.

Before Event
Hand to Hand: Basic CQC (Close Quarters Combat) training.
Non-Projectile Weapon: A hunting knife (after escape), with the back serrated for gripping the opponent's skin when using CQC maneuvers.
Projectile Weapon: An M45 pistol with custom handle for CQC handleability (shaved down/flat grip, like what snake did to the gun Eva gave him in MGS3). The knife also has a thin grip for the same use
Noteable: She is very skilled at making functional traps and weapons, given the right materials
Abnormal: Able to touch a machine or man-made object and see a blueprint in her mind of how it's made.

After Event
Elemental: None
Psychic: Technopathy: able to take apart, and reform parts at will, but with some mental strain. The larger the construct, the more strain on her mental strength, and may even pass out from overexerting herself.
Rengenerative: Only if she makes a healing pod capable of such, which isn't likely.
Noteable: If encountering subject, keep her away from any machinery at all costs.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#37 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Her blood might actually kill them, if it wasn't a suitable match. Like giving someone A+ when you're B-. Their blood cells would attempt to fight back against yours, rejecting it. However, when someone's body rejects blood, they themselves often go into shock, with severe cases ending up in kidney failure, anemia, lung problems, etc. The problem would be that your blood would continuously regenerate, fighting back against their systems, eventually killing them in a misguided attempt to survive. Of course, that's just speculation, and could be easily hand-waved by GM.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#38 Post by Raphael »

It may explain why her body accepted the cure. As discussed, she's approved, and secretly being ogled at by Rocky

Rocky: "SHUT UP!"
Me: :mrgreen:

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#39 Post by Raphael »

Where is everybody?

SekerutaHeruta
Merchant

#40 Post by SekerutaHeruta »

I 'unno.
I guess they're waiting for one another?
ImageImage

bigro
Grand Templar

#41 Post by bigro »

Me? I'm in the awkward situation of "sign up and get swamped by school and work not two hours later"

Oh god I'm such a dork. Wednesday latest for me (so, so, so sorry)

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#42 Post by Raphael »

You're basically doing an intro post for HOW you were captured, we'll move along with the main game once everyone is captured, but I make the first post in the holding cells.

Phoenix Fang
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Mutant Awakening (sign up and OOC; places in reserve)

#43 Post by Phoenix Fang »

(Raph's permission given)
Name: Rebecca Chase

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 122lbs

General Description: Tended to stand out in a crowd, being the tall, lithe woman that she was. Light, dusky skin, evidence of a mixed heritage, and long auburn hair that in most situations looked black, but when the sun hit it it was like it had been set on fire, turning a bright red. Her facial structure wasn't something people would swoon over, but she certainly was pretty. What stood out though were her eyes, a brilliant violet that from birth marked her as different. Add to that a lithe, but athletic body and she'd always stand out just on her looks alone. But she also often stood out in what she chose to were, black leather skirt, matching thigh high boots, and matching corset, paired with fishnet stockings that were obviously held up by a garter belt, at least that's what she wore to tournaments and during the day. At night she dressed a bit differently, favoring leather still, but now she wore pants, combat boots, a bodice, a jacket, and fingerless gloves, each to help her move about the city without getting a lot of scrapes and cuts.

Special Items: 1 Compound Bow, 1 quiver with 15 arrows, each tipped with modern broad heads. 1 standard combat knife. 1 climbing pick.

Story: Whats the story of any good vigilante hero, tragic death of the loved one, check. Parents killed by the mob and the police and FBI could do nothing to them. Some skills that could hep her make a difference, check. With her skill with a bow, and her ability to move easily through near any environment she could certainly act the lawless justice dealer, and besides, bad guys were wearing Kevlar, not chainmail, and an arrow can pierce Kevlar and bullet proof glass where bullets couldn't. The connections and funds and the will to hunt down those the law couldn't touch, check. When she was young her parents were brutially gunned down in the restaurant they worked and owned. All their assests were liquidated and placed in a trust fund for their daughter, and with the clever investments this fund was used in by her parents best friends that money was muliplied ten fold, meaning that she never had to work a day in her life. Said friend also raised her, and while she didn't turn out exactly how her parents or he would of liked, she was still someone they could have been proud of. While able to live comfortably off her trust fund, she doesn't need to, she is an archery champion, winning many of contests, earning thousands of dollars with each win. But that is not her true life, her true self. With the help of the many friends of her family she has contacts not only all over the city, but all over the world, and she's developed many of her own. With their help she can get near anything she needs, and as such, she gets the information on the worst monsters in the world, the ones the law can't touch, and she touches them, often pinning them to a wall with one of her arrows. She doesn't have any real vigilante name, but people know of her.

Abilities
Before Event

Hand to Hand: Acrobatics and Parkour: While not exactly hand to hand this is how she likes to move, lots of flips and can use the environment quite well, able to move vertically almost as quickly as she can horizontally. Her balance is almost unnatural and there is almost no obstacle she can't handle.

Non-Projectile Weapon: Improvised weapons: doesn't use many traditional weapons, she has her knife and her climbing pick, but she will hit people with her bow, stab them with her arrows, smack them with the lid of a trash can or anything else that comes to hand, she is a master of her environment.

Projectile Weapon: Is a champion archer with a strong arm. With a 250lb draw on her bow she can shoot an arrow further than most, and with her sight she can hit a target and an arrow's maximum distance, able to hit targets up to a half mile away if shooting form a high spot like the top of a building.

Noteable: Contacts: While not a real ability, Rebecca has numerous contacts, helping her get files, get into places she shouldn't be able, and get near anything she needs.

Abnormal: Eagle Vision: Is able to see much further than most humans, and can even pure through some walls, able to see what's in the room on the other side of a wall, though anything over a foot and half thick and its too much for her to see through.

After Event

Elemental: Enchanting: Is able to apply elemental effects to objects. Allowing her to shoot her arrows faster, have her arrows create there own lift and tail wind, helping them fly a lot further, explode on impact or any number of effects, can even cause her fists to burst on fire, if she's wearing gloves, the effects only lasts a few minutes, though distance doesn't seem to matter.

Psychic: Teleportation: Rebecca has short range teleportation, but must be able to see where she is going, but when combined with her eagle vision she is able to jump through wall's and such forth.

Rengenertive: Vampire: She's always had a slight craving for blood, liking her steaks rare and the like, but with the event she crew fangs and changed her saliva and stomach acid chemically. Her saliva acts as a pain blocking aphrodisiac and acts as a limited regenerative compound, often only healing the wound she inflicts, but can help with minor wounds or lacerations, even potentialy fatal ones like slit wrists if shallow enough. When blood hits her stomach it starts a reaction, within twenty minutes it flows through the rest of her body and causes true regeneration, allowing her to even regrow limbs, though it is only a solution if her wounds won't kill her in that 20 minute window.

Noteable: Hunter's senses: Her eagle vision amplified, now she has super sharp senses, all her senses far beyond those of a normal human. With this she can also see clearly into the next room, no matter the wall in the way, and can get a general idea of the entire building's layout that she is in, or touching. These senses aren't on all the time, only when adrenaline is in her system or she stops and concentrates.
Ever hear of the wolf that can't die? *waves hands hysterically*

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#44 Post by Raphael »

Pre-approved.

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

#45 Post by Raphael »

Okay, we're gonna do a quick head count here to see who's approved and who's posted their intro:

Approved
Rocky Pardalis [Me]
Christina/Athena [Phoenix Fang]
Sydney Emerson [thephantomkid]
Nichole Tesla [Geo & Beo]
Axl Winters [SekerutaHeruta]
Lorenta Walker [bigro]
Jaquelin Miller [Me]
Jasmine/Lucretia [Gabriel of Creosha]
Rebecca Chase [Phoenix Fang]

Posted
Rocky Pardalis √
Christina/Athena √
Sydney Emerson √
Nichole Tesla √
Axl Winters √
Lorenta Walker √
Jaquelin Miller
Jasmine/Lucretia √
Rebecca Chase √

So I guess that's everybody, I'll make my next post when I have the time.