Shadows of the past - The Sixth Holy Grail War

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Laij
Grand Templar

Re: Shadows of the past - The Sixth Holy Grail War

#31 Post by Laij »

Right, some head-up before approval of characters.

Tyendinaga:
Once you finish your master sheet you are good to go.

MFA:
Will pm you what you have to change.

Arachnion:
We want you to either change the Reverse Of Casulty NP, or make it a one shot NP, only used in dire need. The way you made it, being a 100% hit is borderlining to OP. Also, need a history for your servant. Where it comes from, use wikipedia if anything. Just so that people can catch a gimpse of it.

Alex:
Your magik stealing spell has to be limited to its directed form and close range. Two miles is a tad over the top.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#32 Post by alex3192 »

Laij wrote: Alex:
Your magik stealing spell has to be limited to its directed form and close range. Two miles is a tad over the top.
Alright, would 1 mile do? Theft only steals mana from the total supply inside the person, and the draw is so small it's unnoticeable, that's why the range is so long.(and I can't really generate mana on my own...far less than even the average human.)

Drain requires LOS at time of casting and has a maximum range of 150ft

Drain is only focusable on one specific person, and cannot be used on servants. It also requires quite a bit of concentration to activate(activate time is ~5s). Once activated Theft is automatically disabled, so my attacks would be running on the enemy master's mana pool. Magic resistance(only applicable if A: servant has such a Class Effect and B: said effect is an area effect and C: your in the area :roll: ) controls the maximum draw during Drain, and normal draw during Theft.

Having a magic resistance of A or higher (A+ or A++) completely blocks Theft or Drain.
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#33 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

mmm, I figured it was pretty much a once a fight ability anyways. It's a weapon of last resort because for someone like Caster, fights are decided by who figures out the mechanism by which their opponent's attack works and how to defeat it first. Keeping secrets makes it that much harder for your foe to beat you right off the bat.

EDIT: And, well, if you can beat someone without having to violate cause and effect, it's a good idea to do so.
EDIT THE SEQUEL: Got a basic history in. Really, the only reason that wasn't there earlier was so I could focus on the abilities first.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

Tyendinaga
Templar Inner Circle

#34 Post by Tyendinaga »

Laij wrote:Right, some head-up before approval of characters.

Tyendinaga:
Once you finish your master sheet you are good to go.
Gotcha. I'll get on that and say when I'm done.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#35 Post by y7h65 »

alex3192 wrote: Alright, would 1 mile do? Theft only steals mana from the total supply inside the person, and the draw is so small it's unnoticeable, that's why the range is so long.(and I can't really generate mana on my own...far less than even the average human.)

Drain requires LOS at time of casting and has a maximum range of 150ft

Drain is only focusable on one specific person, and cannot be used on servants. It also requires quite a bit of concentration to activate(activate time is ~5s). Once activated Theft is automatically disabled, so my attacks would be running on the enemy master's mana pool. Magic resistance(only applicable if A: servant has such a Class Effect and B: said effect is an area effect and C: your in the area :roll: ) controls the maximum draw during Drain, and normal draw during Theft.

Having a magic resistance of A or higher (A+ or A++) completely blocks Theft or Drain.
No, really. Change it to close quarters. Let's say you steal 2 units of mana from every person within a 1 mile radius. Detroit would have like, what? 10-20 thousand people in that area? Let's see, 2 x 20'000= 40'000 UoM. You'd be receiving more Mana then what the Average Servant produces. So hell no.

Here's the thing, MR is a Heroic Spirit skill. People, including Magi's, do not have MR. That's the first issue here.

Second issue is even if it's targeting an enemy master's Mana/Prana pool, it does not go through the servant first. Think of it like this. A magi is an electrical generator and a Servant is an appliance hooked up to the genny. Your skill would make you an energy thief. Now, you'd be directly connecting yourself to the genny, not the appliance.

Third Issue, the Mana stored within people is more or less their life force. What you're implying with your character being incapable of producing life energy for himself and requires to steal from others. You're a Nasuvian vampire who is also a walking dead zone.

Just make the edits, ok?
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#36 Post by alex3192 »

y7h65 wrote:
alex3192 wrote:bla
No, really. Change it to close quarters. Let's say you steal 2 units of mana from every person within a 1 mile radius. Detroit would have like, what? 10-20 thousand people in that area? Let's see, 2 x 20'000= 40'000 UoM. You'd be receiving more Mana then what the Average Servant produces. So hell no.

Here's the thing, MR is a Heroic Spirit skill. People, including Magi's, do not have MR. That's the first issue here.

Second issue is even if it's targeting an enemy master's Mana/Prana pool, it does not go through the servant first. Think of it like this. A magi is an electrical generator and a Servant is an appliance hooked up to the genny. Your skill would make you an energy thief. Now, you'd be directly connecting yourself to the genny, not the appliance.

Third Issue, the Mana stored within people is more or less their life force. What you're implying with your character being incapable of producing life energy for himself and requires to steal from others. You're a Nasuvian vampire who is also a walking dead zone.

Just make the edits, ok?
I'll go make the updates...

As for the MR, I was thinking that it was somehow an area effect, not servant only. My bad.

As for issue #3: I didn't say that I couldn't, just that I generate far less than normal. :wink:
(And my CS suggests he's always had Theft, and his awakening just stepped it up and activated Drain. but no matter)
Massage body:

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#37 Post by Kisuke »

Sooo.... what about me? Am I good or is there anything I need to work on?

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#38 Post by y7h65 »

Oh yeah, you're good. Laij and I found literally no qualms about your character. Now we need ourselves a Rider and we can start this.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#39 Post by Kisuke »

y7h65 wrote:Oh yeah, you're good. Laij and I found literally no qualms about your character. Now we need ourselves a Rider and we can start this.
Wow, that's awesome, thanks :D As for the Rider, Volgaia is working on it, but he's having computer issues at the moment.

Volgaia
Templar GrandMaster

#40 Post by Volgaia »

Finally I have a character sheet ready. Be forewarned, my servant is a heap of copy-pasta. I seriously tried to make a half-dozen servants, but to no avail, so I decided to use an existing one. If you need to validate stats, I included a link to his wiki. (If that's an issue, please let me know)

Servant

Class: Rider
True Name: Iskander (Alexander the Great)
Stats:

Strength: B
Mana: C
Endurance: A
Agility: D
Luck: A+

Personality: Rider is noble and physically overbearing, who prefers to conquer his enemies by winning without killing and controlling without humiliating them. He is not pragmatic, but is a person who lets history run its course and acts according to his impulses. While he is wild and somewhat inconsiderate to others, his greed ultimately resulted in the happiness of the people he ruled over.

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - B
Riding - A+

Personal Skills:

Charisma - A
Divinity - C
Military Leadership - B

Weapon Strength: C - With his level of strength, almost anything Alexander wields could be deadly. It just so happens that he is very attached to his weapon, so he's generally more proficient with it than anything else.

Noble Phantasm:

Ionioi Hetairoi - Anti-Army EX
Via Expugnatio - Anti-Army A

Bio/History: Iskandar, Alexander the Great, Al-Sikandar, The Lord of War, the Maharaorajah. The King of Conquerors who almost ruled the world. Usurping the throne of the small country Macedonia in the far west country of Greece, the young king had since then subdued the neighboring countries in the blink of an eye. His ambition crossed over the Straits, and he had wanted to extend his insolent neck into this great empire of Persia.

The King spoke of his reasons. His goal was the end of the world. His destination the furthest border of the East. He wanted to behold Oceanus with his own two eyes. He wanted to leave his footprints at the beach beside that endless sea. No one believed him, but this man brought his army away with him continuing towards the East. The defeated generals finally understood... the tyrant wasn't lying.

Even looking pitiful and deplorable, the soldiers suddenly thought. What would they see behind that mountain? What would they see at the other side of the sky? And they went after the back of the great king traveling to the east. The army of the King increased endlessly with his victories on his road of progress, towards the east, towards Oceanus, the endless sea. Until, together with the king, they behold the legendary beach. Across boiling deserts, over chilling snow-capped mountains, fording billowing rivers, chasing away ferocious beasts, and fighting for their lives for times out of count with those alien tribes never seen before and the unknown weapons and strategies they deployed, they continued towards Oceanus.

At his death, Alexander's kingdom became four separate warring factions that quickly disappeared into the sands of history. He can grieve for it, he can shed tear... but never regret.

Misc: Feels a mixture of pity and disrespect towards his master (for being a pitiful excuse of a man, yet not doing anything to resolve his problems). He's been doing what he can to toughen up his partner up for the war; in fact, it's because of Alexander that Marcus first discovered that he had the power of Kinetic magic.

MASTER

Name: Marcus Tounen
Affiliation: Indie

Personal Skills:

Affinity for Electronics: Proper education allows Marcus to swiftly operate foreign machinery and electronics (up to a certain extent of complexity).
Automotive Lover: He likes cars, and frequent usage of his helps him adapt to using other modes of transportation quickly.
Tough Guy: Marcus always made sure to spend some time at the gym when he could. A constant, steady exercise regiment has granted him an above-par level of strength and endurance (at least by human standards)

Magik Specialization: Kinetic Magic - a branch of telekinesis; the user creates a pulse of energy, knocking back anything close (a few meters) to the epicenter of the blast. Unfortunately, Marcus isn't proficient at all with using magic, so it typically happens at random in times of high tension or stress.
Magical Skills: None
Family Magic Crest: None
Equipment: Aluminum Bat
Bio/History: Marcus is the son of a rogue magus, coming from a long lineage of mages, who was forced into hiding; of course, he has no idea about his father's true past. Marcus grew up like your typical child. He had friends, went to school, etc.. When Marcus graduated from high school, he moved out to Detroit in order to attend a college and earn a degree in various electronic disciplines. His family came out with him for a little while, helping him furnish the condo that Marcus was going to live in. Before they left, Marcus' father gave him an old, rusted hilt of a sword. It looked nice, so Marcus kept it on a table as a centerpiece.

Being separated from his old friends and family took a toll on Marcus, eventually sending him into a state of loneliness and depression. He tried his best to keep himself occupied with his studies, but he just wasn't able to keep the loneliness at bay. He tried to meet with new people at the university, but his somewhat intimidating figure (not to mention his tendencies as an introvert) kept nearly everyone at bay. Marcus eventually just gave up and stopped trying, becoming extremely quiet and passive.

Marcus lived a rather empty life until about a month ago, when his normal nightly routine was interrupted by an extremely bright light emanating from his rug (his father had given him a custom made rug which had summoning runes woven into the design). When he could finally see again, Marcus was surprised to see a man standing over him. When his servant explained the elementary basics of the Grail War, Marcus ended going along with it. He really had no idea what he could do about the situation, but if this grail could really grant wishes, then it was probably his best shot at saving himself.

Other info:

1. Due to his passive nature, Marcus generally defaults to allowing Alexander to do what he pleases. For the past month of preparation, the two seem more like roommates rather than servant and master.
2. Listen to the music (theme music that is).

-----------------

Oh, another thing to note: I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, and I won't be back until Sunday night. I'll try my best to find some semblance of internet, but no promises.
[Under Construction... Again]

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#41 Post by y7h65 »

Everyone is accepted! But Alex. Change your Theft and Drain Ability to Line of Sight and we'll be fine. IC will be up later today or tomorrow.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#42 Post by alex3192 »

*checks CS* yep, I forgot to add LoS for Drain.

CS edited.

Theft will have next to no effectiveness if it requires LoS (fights will be conducted at night, correct? how am I to use Theft when my grid is in their beds, out of LoS? Drain takes a while to activate, and wouldn't be wise if I was dealing with the master of Assassin or some other fast servant)
Massage body:

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#43 Post by y7h65 »

You can try fighting in the day. All you have to do is fight in abandoned places, which I'm sure there is plenty of in Detroit.

Second of all, if you did fight Assassin, you wouldn't be able to see anyone even if it was during the day thanks to The Mist, so you don't have to worry about that specific issue.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#44 Post by alex3192 »

it will make my intelligence missions harder....
(plus, I plan to stay in heavily populated areas, so not only would I be safe during the day, but I would have the most power possible to dedicate towards fighting.)
(can't I just nerf the range again or something? I really don't want to make Theft LoS. that just ruins all the usefulness of it.)

*sigh* as much as it'll go against everything I planned, I'll do it (;_;)
Massage body:

Volgaia
Templar GrandMaster

#45 Post by Volgaia »

I'd say take what you're given. The most I have as a master is a bat and an uncontrollable magic that's essentially harmless.
[Under Construction... Again]