All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

2plus2makes5
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Shadows of the past - The Sixth Holy Grail War

#16 Post by 2plus2makes5 »

Kisuke wrote:
MrFlyingAmoeba wrote:
2plus2makes5 wrote:I'm gonna call Rider, if nobody else has already.
Can't call, have to make. That's why I posted partial CS.
Which is why I'm hoping no one else makes an Archer, otherwise I'm gonna have to sit this out, cause I know that the other classes are taken now. That and I think Rider is the one Volgaia is gonna use since that's the last one left. Unless I counted wrong.
Alright, I'll see what he'll do. In the meantime, I'm going to make a CS. If he posts one after me, I'll let him have it since he was technically here first.
We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,—
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile,
And mouth with myriad subtleties.
-Paul Laurence Dunbar

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#17 Post by y7h65 »

OK, in my books, the Master Sheets are an Accessory. So long as you put down a good, solid, well written Servant Sheet and a partially complete master sheet (E.G Name, Age, Gender, Affiliation, and appearance are finished at a minimum.), then you have effectively summoned that Servant. Also, MFA, read my previous post. I have listed things I want to see fixed and edited.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#18 Post by Kisuke »

Sadly my sheet is on my computer at home and I'm not gonna be there until late tonight and even then I still have to make several adjustments to it before it's complete. If I had thought about it, I would have saved it to my flash drive and worked on it on the school computers during my downtime(most of class) and had it up before I left. Oh well.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#19 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

y7, I already cut out those things, still editing, but haven't submitted yet. I realized how stupid it was to have that many things.
Honor cut out, Valor massively nerfed, and so on.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#20 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Appearance:
Class: Caster
True Name: Abe no Seimei (note, Abe is the family name.)
Stats
Strength: E
Mana: A+
Endurance: D
Agility: D
Luck: E

Personality: Caster, quite honestly, doesn't give a [censored] about the Holy Grail war. She'd rather just laze about all day, or spend her time doing fun things in the modern era with her Master. She often acts naive or stupid around strangers, but in reality is a incredibly wise and calm woman.

Class Skills:
Territory Creation-Allows for the alteration of the surrounding area. (See Hoshi no Tobira, below.)

Personal Skills:
Magecraft: A, —As befits a Caster summoned from Japan's most famous Onmyoji, Caster is extremely adept at magic. She would be ranked among the most powerful of modern mages, before consideration of her Noble Phantasms. Her magic is based around the art of onmyōdō, so common abilities include creating barriers, exorcising demons, manipulating the five elements, and creating Shikigami.
High-speed Magic Circuits: A,—Caster can cast spells that take long invocations in a single action.
Clairvoyance: A,—In life, divination was Caster's specialty. This continues now, with her perceptive abilities being far above the norm. It takes some investment of magic to activate this ability to its full extent, but even without activation it can alert her to the presence of magical illusions. As a cosmetic effect, her eyes occasionally flash gold, and her irises completely turn gold when this is activated. At full power, it allows her to see through all but the most powerful of illusions, and locate almost anything she desires.

Weapon Strength:
Caster carries around two folding fans. They are perfectly mundane, but reinforcement magics can make them a suitable melee weapon. In general though, she's best off using reinforcement magic on something meant to be a weapon, projecting a weapon onto the world, or just using her magic abilities to attack directly.

Noble Phantasm:
12 Noble Servants of The Zodiac—Anti Army/Anti Unit, rank E-A
In life, Caster was rumored to have 12 Shikigami for servants, one for each of the signs of the zodiac. As a Servant, they can come to aid her. They are each capable of blending in as humans and possess intelligence, but none are mages in their own right. What they do have going for them is being exceptionally strong examples of their animal; the horse and rabbit are blindingly fast, the Ox and Pig are incredibly strong, so on and so forth. They are most often used for gathering intelligence, as few have strong combat abilities. Still, all 12 of them at once is a serious threat, even to Servants. Ranks reflect their individual combat ability.

Rat-E rank.
Ox-C rank.
Tiger-B rank.
Rabbit-E double minus.
Dragon-B rank.
Snake-C rank.
Horse-D rank.
Sheep-E double minus.
Monkey-E.
Rooster-E double minus.
Dog-B rank
Boar-C rank.

If slain, it will be 24 hours before Caster can summon them again.

Hoshi no Tobira(Door of the stars)—Anti-Army, rank B
This ability is the manifestation of the countless nights Caster spent staring at the sky, divining meaning from the positions and movements of the stars. It has no direct influence on her opponents, but allows her to predict their next action. Because of this, she can arrange for innocent-seeming coincidences to pile upon each other, leading to her opponent's downfall. It naturally makes her defence much greater, though she must still have the time to react to the attack.

Reverse Prediction—Anti-Unit, Rank A
In life, Caster had many contests of skill with a rival Magi. Once, he had an assistant place 15 mandarin oranges in a box, locked it, and challenged Caster to divine what was inside for the emperor. The rival, of course, told the Emperor that the box contained 15 oranges. Caster, divining what was inside the box, used this ability to turn the oranges in the box into rats, allowing her to win the contest.

Normally, a magus carries out a set of actions to garner an end result upon the world. This ability does the opposite. It first creates the "Effect", then works backwards to create the "Cause", creating the most probable cause along the way. In doing so, it violates causality, making it qualify for status as True Magic. It is incredibly draining, as even with a completely common cause (the toss of a coin, for instance), it must violate fundamental laws to change the outcome of an event after it has happened. It does not allow for a "Cause" that would be impossible under normal laws of the universe or magecraft, merely extremely improbable ones. For instance, it could prevent a nuclear blast from happening by transmuting the plutonium inside the bomb into lead before it goes off. It could not wipe the plutonium from existence, as that would violate equivalent exchange.

In the case where someone's Magic Resistance may apply, the Prediction would first attempt to find a cause that somehow avoids triggering it. For instance, instead of directly attacking the target, it may use a spell to fling solid matter at them. If that is not sufficient to produce the desired effect, then it will utilize a spell powerful enough to get through the magic resistance. If that is impossible (Unlikely, given Caster's extremely high magic power), the ability will fail to function.

In general, it's cost is whatever the cost to create the "Cause", plus a large amount of prana for the causality violation. Even with the absurd amounts of prana at her disposal due to her contract with Alexander, this ability is pretty much a once a fight use, and she will be incredibly drained after using it. This, coupled with its status as her ultimate trump card, mean that it is used as a tool of last resort only.

Bio/History:Caster was born to a poet father and a Kitsune mother. Her mother left immediately after her birth, letting her be raised among humans so that she would not become a trickster spirit like her kin. She found a master at an early age to teach her the art of astronomy, which she proved quite adept at. Magic came naturally to her, and by the time she was an adult she was the foremost magus in japan. She advised emperors, exorcised demons, and divined the future. She also produced a number of texts on magic, and a line of magi still existing (though far weaker than her) in modern Japan.
Misc:
-She's basically japanese Merlin.
-Caster requires ridiculous amounts of mana to use her abilities to their full extent. In this regard, Alexander is quite possibly the perfect partner for her.
-Many of her spells and personal effects involve the sign of a pentagram; this is not a sign of demon worship, but is simply her family crest.
-Caster has not really thought about her wish for the Grail. Perhaps, she would wish for more time with Alexander, or that he lead a happier life.
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#21 Post by y7h65 »

I still say you need a Master sheet. Unless someone else is willing to make one for you. However, things get iffy if you decide to split the Master/Servant role.

As for the character itself... I'm conflicted by it. See, everything is fine for me till I read your Noble Phantasm, Reverse Prediction. On one hand, you've justified it's existence really well. On the other hand, it's a reversal of causality attack, and those things are really borderline to god modding. I guess I'll wait for Laij.

As a note, I have yet to approve anyone. I plan to wait for Laij and then we'll discuss the profiles before saying who's approved and what not. And hey, extra time to mod your sheets.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by alex3192 »

y7h65 wrote:I still say you need a Master sheet. Unless someone else is willing to make one for you. However, things get iffy if you decide to split the Master/Servant role.

As for the character itself... I'm conflicted by it. See, everything is fine for me till I read your Noble Phantasm, Reverse Prediction. On one hand, you've justified it's existence really well. On the other hand, it's a reversal of causality attack, and those things are really borderline to god modding. I guess I'll wait for Laij.

As a note, I have yet to approve anyone. I plan to wait for Laij and then we'll discuss the profiles before saying who's approved and what not. And hey, extra time to mod your sheets.
I'm partnering with AACJ on this one, and this post will serve as a placeholder until I get my sheet finished

CS:

MASTER

Appearance:
Has scars all over his body from the beatings he has endured, and a rune on his left shoulder representing some form of mechanical construct(the sucker's blue)

Name: Alexander Truen(pronounced True-en)

Affiliation: Indie

Personal Skills:
Slightly mechanically savvy, can spot things that would be less than obvious, is a pretty good people person if it's called for.

Personality:
Cold and ruthless exterior, constantly seaking the best position possible to strike.
With his servant and internally, he is a gentle soul, and only does what he thinks is nessesary to ensure the least amount of life is lost.
Hates that his parents made their...choice.
Likes to have an image of a lazy [censored].

-Is quite sarcastic, but hides it well in battle
-the ultimate combat pragmatist, one who would willingly use any and all means nesessary to ensure destruction of his enemy in the smallest time frame possible.
-would never "level the playing field", and would only hold back if it ment that his enemy did not know his true potential. Which they rarely do.
-Generally will sit back and wait for other's to destroy themselves, and will "help them along" at times.

Magik Specialization: Energy Theft. He has the lowest mana generation rate of any magi, but can "steal" a small amount of mana from anyone in LoS within a 500 yard radius as a Passive ability.
Drain - His Active ability, operates like Theft only he has control over the level of the stream. Can only be used in LoS, has a maximum range of 300ft, and deactivates Theft, so said target is the sole supply of mana.
Requires ~5s for activation

Magical Skills:
Transfer - a simple transfer of energy from his "grid" to a specific person. Not very efficient and has a send to burn ratio of 1:2(for ever one unit sent, 2 are wasted in the process)
Heal - due to the massive amount of mana constantly at his disposal, he clots almost instantly and feels next to no pain when struck or beaten(it's why he has so many scars, they...did things to him).

Family Magic Crest: (Does your character have one?)
None

Equipment: (You have any mystic codes? Guns? Bombs? Money?)
$15 in a small wallet
His Caster's necklace
A book about the Wars, has a leather cover with a small quartz stone in the center.

Bio/History:
The unfortunate son of two sibling magi, something that Alex despised them for since he could think.
He was expected to have next to no magical ability, and was picked on because he had next to no mana generation ability, even less than normal humans...and because of the circumstances surrounding his birth.
He first discovered his magic capability when he was being beaten up on his 12th birthday. He managed to drain over 82% of the mana of everyone on the whole school,
and channeled it into a light nearby, the bulb produced so much light that it blinded them enough for him to escape(not like they could do much anyway).
After that little "incident", he decided to hole himself up in the library, as no one ever went there. That's where he learned about the Holy Grail wars.
He was excited by the whole premise, as it offered a way for him to change his whole life for the better.
He spend as much of his time as possible reading about the various wars, and attempting to replicate the attacks and spells they used, although failing miserably.
Now, six years later, he's back, back to the library he hid in all those years ago.
Searching through the library, he finds a small necklace that should have belonged to a Caster, and uses it.

Other info:
Theme(s):
The Thermopolis Remix
E.S. Posthumus - Pompeii
He is the fourth Magi, and one of the more cautious.
He might come to his parent's house just to get a few things

SERVANT: AACJ's Caster
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.

Templar Inner Circle

#23 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Yeah, the idea was to split the master/servant role. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised at how few other people are doing it.

Team lazy, away~!
Iwaku
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#24 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Arachnion As Captain Jack wrote:Yeah, the idea was to split the master/servant role. Honestly, I'm kind of surprised at how few other people are doing it.

Team lazy, away~!
We don't want to take over other people's characters when they are AFK/be forced to listen to someone else's orders all the time/forced to rely on someone else's competence to survive.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#25 Post by y7h65 »

Because, you'd have to coordinate your attacks separately and with another person. Second of all, if one of you decides to drop out, you're more or less dead in the water.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Templar Inner Circle

#26 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Well, there we go. I suppose a proper weapon could be added under the weapon category if you really wanted, though Seimei isn't really famous for using any weapon as far as I can tell. The miscellanous details and recent bio will be worked on along with the Master.
Iwaku

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

#27 Post by y7h65 »

You don't need to add a weapon if it doesn't fit. Also, Arach, don't forget, we have an actual clock running in this RP. So if you say 24 hours before each resummoning, they better take that long. Also, I have to wonder, none of the Shikigami are mages, right? They're all just more or less constructs of mana which resemble baseline humans that are just more powerful in one physical aspect then normal human beings, right?
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

Templar Inner Circle

#28 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

Arachnion As Captain Jack wrote: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah They are each capable of blending in as humans and possess intelligence, but none are mages in their own right. blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Yeah, they're just constructs of mana with their own self-awareness. They're more akin to a stronger version of the animal they represent (or weaker, for the Dragon), who can also take human form in addition to their animal one.
Iwaku

Kisuke
Grand Templar
Location: Piloting an airship and ruling the skies with my crew.

#29 Post by Kisuke »

Whew, that took longer than I expected. Well, here's my sheet, y7, I trust you'll point out any contradictions or mistakes I may have made on this. I honestly expect to do at least a few edits before acceptance.

Appearance: Image She wears a dress shirt under a black blazer with a long black skirt and has her hair tied back when walking around during the day. Looks like Daniel’s secretary.
Class: Archer
True Name: Robin Hood
Stats

Strength: D
Mana: C
Endurance: A+
Agility: B
Luck: C

Personality: Honest, good natured and kind. Much like her legend, she will help the poorer people.

Class Skills: Independent Action: B: Capable of remaining in this world for two days without a established contract. Also capable to live on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on her spiritual core.

Personal Skills: Superhuman Marksmanship:A+, Capable of hitting the bulls eye in a target from 20 yards.
Exceptional Swordsmanship: B, More than able to hold her own in a sword fight against a similarly skilled opponent.

Weapon Strength: C-B, Sword and Bow and Arrows. Incredibly durable bow, only breakable by stronger weapons possessed by Servants, fires mana infused arrows from a never-ending quiver. Sword is breakable by similarly ranked weapons or A ranked magic.

Noble Phantasm: Arrow Storm: C-A, Archer shoots an arrow into the air and it summons several dozen arrows from the sky to rain upon the enemy. Capable of powering it up by using more mana.

Bio/History: Summoned through no catalyst other than the connection through Irish blood, Robin appeared before Daniel a few days before the official start of the war in his rented room in Detroit.
Misc: Did I hear someone say theme music? No? Well too bad!

Appearance: Image
Command Spells: Image
Name: Daniel O’Reilly
Affiliation: Indie
Personal Skills: Close quarters combat savant, free runner and a smooth talker. Once talked his boss out of firing him even though he deserved to be.
Magik Specialization: Projection Magic. Even though he’s still a fairly new magus, he excels in projection magic, able to create various types of weapons, though he still prefers to use his own twin swords.
Magical Skills: Minor Reinforcement, capable of making his weapons stronger so that they last longer in fights. Also knows very basic healing magic and can heal up minor wounds, but nothing more severe than a 2 inch deep gash.
Family Magic Crest: None
Equipment: Carries a wallet with no more than $100 cash and has a card for an account with over 5 grand in it. Carries around a pair of short swords concealed under his coat.
Personality: Calm, collected and chivalrous
Bio/History: Daniel is in line to inherit his father’s company, O’Reilly Arts, and is being groomed as a business man. However, he doesn’t want to run a company and instead wants to study magic and become a powerful magus so in his free time he trains himself in the magical arts. One day he discovered a book about the Holy Grail War and started researching it, quickly falling in love with the idea of a battle between Magi and their Servants. A few days after discovering that book, he attempted to summon a Heroic Spirit, knowing that the next war was closing in. That was when he summoned Archer and became a Master.
Other info: Theme Music! Because of his chivalrous nature, he refuses to put Archer into situations that aren’t in their favor and hates seeing her get hurt. Sometimes he also fights alongside her while wearing a mask and matching fedora.

Tell me what needs changing/removing/fixing/whatever and I'll get right on it.

alex3192
Templar GrandMaster

#30 Post by alex3192 »

mostly just a bump, but I also want everyone to know that my draft is up :)
Massage body:
Enter your massage here, it may contain no less than 60000 kneads.