NOTICE: ALL RP INTEREST CHECKS GO HERE.

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

NOTICE: ALL RP INTEREST CHECKS GO HERE.

#1 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

The hermit awakens, yeah, yeah I know.

From now on, all "interest checks" should go here. I'm seeing a lot of interest check threads scattered around the RP board, and while that's fine--no one wants to be making shots in the dark about whether or not someone will make their RP, especially if they spend lots of time working the RP out--the point of the OOC board is to have "parallel threads" for OOC conversation on already existing. And furthermore, it's a little unwieldy when one of the interest check threads mutates into a parallel OOC thread.

No need to move existing ones here! Just let them run their course, and make sure to rename them OOC threads once you've started your RP up. Just trying to remove the clutter.

Hopefully a central hub will increase our RP volume, and the number of people who are interested.
Regards,
~MSCM
VERY, GOOD

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

Re: NOTICE: ALL RP INTEREST CHECKS GO HERE.

#2 Post by Extorio »

Hmmm, I guess I'll be the first to post here then.

After disappearing for...I forget how long, I've decided to return to the forums with a new idea born from watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy (for about the 100th time.)

My basic idea is this:

The World we inhabit is a similar one to Middle-Earth, there are monsters and creatures such as trolls, dragons, goblins etc as well as the 'civilized' races: Men, Elves and Dwarves. There is magic present in the world and magic infects and permeates all things, from the growing of a forest to the building of a city.

The RP will begin with the King of all Men returning from a great battle against Orcs and finding his Kingdom in political ruin. I'm not going to tell you how or why but the job of some of the player cast will be to find a special basin (similar to the Pensieve from Harry Potter) that can show all past events and even predict the future to some lengths by asking it questions. However, you will not be doing this on the Kings orders and will instead be fugitives.

Depending on how many people show interest in it, I will give characters the opportunity to play as members of the Kings elite personal bodyguard collectively named The Dawn, who are teamed with a group of bounty hunters/mercenaries to bring in or kill the fugitive player party.

Characters included would be:

King Merandur III - King of all Men and a firm friend to the Dwarves. Dislikes Elves due to their affinity for magic.
Ser Sundil Ashcroft - The first female Knight to be counted among the ranks of The Dawn. Hardy and cold by nature to all who she meets.
Prince Kelin of the OldWood - A former Elven Prince, exiled from his people and his land for the murder of his sister.
Ser Robb Stormwind - The Commander of The Dawn who is very devout to the King and is as loyal as they come.
Makin Sable - A Mercenary who has stiff relations with ALL races of the world, including those creatures who are sworn enemies of Men.

Basically, the way the story will be told is similar to the LOTR. You're a group of warriors all making for the same destination although each character will have their own objectives for finding this Basin. Prince Kelin for instance wants it so then he can reclaim his people and his throne. Conflict will not only come from forces along the way but also from each other, if we all want the object, who will ultimately decide who gets to have it?

I'll have to refine it a bit but if those interested could PM me, it'd be appreciated. Also, feel free to ask questions. Again, think it'd be best to PM me so this thread doesn't get clogged up.

Cheers guys, peace off.

bigro
Grand Templar

#3 Post by bigro »

Well, I came up with a couple ideas. And since my previous two didn't really start up let alone go anywhere I thought an interest check was in order.

Idea1, Cnc RP: you know the CnC tiberium wars? well I was just wondering what it would be like to live there and i came up with this. It's a Cnc tibe RP set during the third game (4th one sucks :P ) where the participants are in a yellow zone yet to be decided on and are fighting for either Nod, GDI or fighting for themselves ((slight story arc welling up in that last bit) any suggestions welcome.

Idea2, Drawn out: A big old RP about a post apocalyptic world....only this time it was a long, slow and drawn out apocalypse. Peak oil hit, then peak phosphorous and then global warming screwed around with things until we were eventually knocked back into tribes and gangs fighting for what little fuels remain (ethanol, methane, wood in some cases...etc) and also fighting for food. Definitely need some advice on how to improve this one.

Idea3, lightning bowl: Basically in a nutshell, it's a thing where we have a secret group of people who can store electricity within themselves and expel it at will. Now for the plot device. There is another secret organization that hunts these people as they believe they are abominations made by the devil. (Similar to Jumper, just without jumping)

please give us some advice. really need it. Also, if there is any interest at all I will make more details for em'

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

Here's my latest, inspired by Brütal Legend and Iron Savior's H.M. Powered Man.
You wake up in a world that runs on the Power of Rock. You also have a musical instrument that is part of any metal/rock band. Guitars, bass guitars, keytars (dunno about drums). There is magic, powered by your instruments. You can call down lightning, set things on FIRE, freeze people solid, and heal horrific injuries.
Of course, you only get one element and the healing thing. Haven't got a story yet. The only real rule is to be a Large Ham, as large as you can be.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

#5 Post by Lordlyhour »

This is a good idea. The only problem i could really think of (i.e, replies to specific ideas cluttering up the thread) is easily solved by replying to them via PM, My only Rp concept i've had in a while is linked to in my signature
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me