Two Kinda D&D OOC and Sign up

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

Two Kinda D&D OOC and Sign up

#1 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Take the world, races, and time-line of TwoKinds.
Then the concepts, ideas and some of the equipment of D&D
Slam them together and you get,well this Role Play thread.
One of the greatest games, with one of the greatest webcomics, whats not to love.

Your Character

Name:
Race: (Human, Keidran, Bastian, no dragons, no magical creatures)
Languages spoken: (Druids can speak with Keidran naturally, Wizards can speak Bastain because of their education.)
Class: (Any of the Core D&D classes from the Phb, no prestige classes, see below for complete list.)
Appearance: (A small paragraph or picture will do)
Oddity: (A small note on what makes your character unique, clean freak, tattoo, really likes an odd food, the little things like that.)
Generally carried items:
Weapons: (if any)
Special Item: (Like a family sword, special spell, ring, armor, something special to your character)
Special Skill (a very specific description on a skill that your character can has)
Bio: (Try and make it at least a paragraph.)

The Forum's rules

1.2kinds Forum Rules.
2. Post like you would write a story, be detailed
3.Killing is allowed but only if the user agrees to that.
4.No Official Characters are allowed.
5. NO GODMODDING
6. Be reasonable about attacks, and no never being hit.
7. You are not a hero, you can die, and you can be outnumbered.
8. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13 or under please
9. No rules lawyers, they will be kicked.
10. Wizards and other people that want to use magic must have stones, sorcerers do not.
11. Clerics cannot raise dead or resurrect but they can heal fatal wounds, if they're fast enough
12. No paladins, those are for the templar.
13. Your character must be approved by me before you are allowed to post.
14. Follow the rules and make the Rp fun for everyone

NO MULTICLASSING

Approved Classes

Barbarian
Fighter
Bard
Cleric
Wizard
Sorcerer
Rogue
Ranger
Paladin(Only if you are a Templar)
TwoKinds Forum resident emo.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
Sage Asuka wrote: :D~ elves.....
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Two Kinda D&D OOC and Sign up

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Name: Jaze
Race: Keidran (fox)
Languages spoken: Keidran
Class: Ranger
Appearance: Very similar to Mike, but very lanky. Like a twig.
Oddity: NO social skills. Whatsoever.
Generally carried items: Quiver with about 15 arrows.
Weapons: Short bow, small knife.
Special Item: N/A
Special Skill: Feral Fury. He simply pulls out the beast within and lets it take control. Very messy. He's only done it once, and he nearly lost himself.
Bio: He lost his parents when he was 2 to a Wolf attack on his village. He escaped with one of the other survivors, who taught him survival skills and raised him. He died when Jaze was 5, meaning he was left alone in the wilderness. For the next four years, he was a nomad of sorts, moving where the food would be and watching for any trouble.

I'll add more to the bio once I figure out how the RP starts.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#3 Post by redundant_redundant »

Name: Chaz (shaz) Landrence
Race: human
Languages spoken: all (will explain)
Class: mage
Appearance: Image
Oddity: bisexual. he has a purple eye.
Generally carried items: an unopenable book. various weapons and vials
Weapons: can use anything, choses small knives for throwing
Special Item: ambassador cloak, allows him to speak any langauge
Special Skill: uses high level magic to make wings
Bio: he is a soldier of fortune, brought up in the streets most of his childhood, his mother was a prostitute. he doesn't care for flirtatious women. a man found him one day. soon, he was kept, doing what his mother was doing, only with one man. he hated himself. in a fit of magic, he oblitterated the man, and received something else: status. a warrior saw his potential and trained him into the perfect warrior, good with a sword, good with the pen, good with the spell.
he started taking part time jobs untill he had enough money to buy his own place. after a while, his money just grew and grew, untill he was kidnapped. he want's his life back.
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

I will be joining this, I never got a chance in the past to, so I will be joining one of the greatest role-play ideas in existence.

Name: Xenaria Rivenfort III

Race: Human

Languages spoken: Human, (Common?)

Class: Duskblade (Master of Sword & Spell, it isn't a prestige class.)

Appearance: Our Female Duskblade

Oddity: Double-jointed thumbs, and is homosexual.

Generally carried items: Her amulet of wisdom (will explain in bio), and a torch

Weapons: Longsword (2), and a shield. Always wears her leather armour and cloak.

Special Item: Amulet of Wisdom

Special Skill: Not only can she fight well in combat, Xenaria also knows how to utilize mana stones into powerful spells, even though she isn't as powerful in the martial arts as a fighter, or as powerful in the arcane as a wizard/sorcerer, she has control over both, giving her the edge in combat.

Bio: Xenaria was born in the noble of of Rivenfort, (they are considered noble in this town, but nowhere else.) When Xenaria was born she was lead a happy life, and both of her parents loved her very much. At age six she began feeling the course of adventure running through her veins, so she began ti train in the art of martial combat, each day she progressed further and further, and after 2 years of work she became a moderate fighter. Bandits raided the city, seeing to it the no building was left unburned. Xenaria fought for her life in this instance, killing at least 6-7 of them. That was very formidable for her age, most of the town guard didn't even make it out alive. The aftermath was very troubling for her... In the fight both of her parents had died and the estate was incinerated. They spent the next few months building the town necessities, after 3 years the town returned to it's normal state, except Xenaria's parents, they were still dead. Xenaria was still regarded as a noble even after she lost everything, except her amulet, the last thing that she had from her mother she took it from her mother's corpse. She had been told that the soul's of our ancestors are held within it, each of their knowledges coming with it. When she put it on she felt a sort of invigoration that seemed to hold it's place in her heart, she was adopted by a man, he was a traveling wizard, he began to teach Xenaria how to use magic, and it seemed to happen a LOT faster than it would have normally, it is because of the amulet that she could catch on so quickly. After all... it is an amulet of wisdom. She now lives with the old mage Varen, in the forest. They live in a small house with their own farm, (and this is where the story ends, for now at least...)

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

okay lets see. Jaze you are fine. Approved.
tony1695 wrote:Name: Jaze
Race: Keidran (fox)
Languages spoken: Keidran
Class: Ranger
Appearance: Very similar to Mike, but very lanky. Like a twig.
Oddity: NO social skills. Whatsoever.
Generally carried items: Quiver with about 15 arrows.
Weapons: Short bow, small knife.
Special Item: N/A
Special Skill: Feral Fury. He simply pulls out the beast within and lets it take control. Very messy. He's only done it once, and he nearly lost himself.
Bio: He lost his parents when he was 2 to a Wolf attack on his village. He escaped with one of the other survivors, who taught him survival skills and raised him. He died when Jaze was 5, meaning he was left alone in the wilderness. For the next four years, he was a nomad of sorts, moving where the food would be and watching for any trouble.

I'll add more to the bio once I figure out how the RP starts.
Hmm, well...there is quite a bit you need to fix
redundant_redundant wrote:Name: Chaz (shaz) Landrence
Race: human
Languages spoken: all (will explain)
Class: magic knight (templar) A templar would be the paladin class should you choose to be one
Appearance: image
Oddity: bisexual. he has a purple eye.
Generally carried items: an unopenable book. various weapons and vials
Weapons: can use anything, choses small knives for throwing Templar are just good with basic wepaons, usually swords and magic
Special Item: ambassador cloak, allows him to speak any langauge
Special Skill: uses high level magic to make wings He would not have high level magic, at all
Bio: he is a soldier of fortune, brought up in the streets most of his childhood, his mother was a prostitute. he doesn't care for flirtatious women. a man found him one day. soon, he was kept, doing what his mother was doing, only with one man. he hated himself. in a fit of magic, he oblitterated the man, and received something else: status. a warrior saw his potential and trained him into the perfect warrior, good with a sword, good with the pen, good with the spell. Gary stu to the max here, as well as far too short
Same deal, some things need to be fixed
Blarg n' Stein wrote:I will be joining this, I never got a chance in the past to, so I will be joining one of the greatest role-play ideas in existence.

Name: Xenaria Rivenfort III

Race: Human

Languages spoken: Human, (Common?)

Class: Duskblade (Master of Sword & Spell, it isn't a prestige class.) BASIC CLASSES

Appearance: Our Female Duskblade

Oddity: Double-jointed thumbs, and is homosexual.

Generally carried items: Her amulet of wisdom (will explain in bio), and a torch What about clothes/gear?

Weapons: Longsword (2), and a shield. Always wears her leather armour and cloak.

Special Item: Amulet of Wisdom

Special Skill: Not only can she fight well in combat, Xenaria also knows how to utilize mana stones into powerful spells, even though she isn't as powerful in the martial arts as a fighter, or as powerful in the arcane as a wizard/sorcerer, she has control over both, giving her the edge in combat.

Bio: Xenaria was born in the noble of of Rivenfort, (they are considered noble in this town, but nowhere else.) When Xenaria was born she was lead a happy life, and both of her parents loved her very much. At age six she began feeling the course of adventure running through her veins, so she began ti train in the art of martial combat, each day she progressed further and further, and after 2 years of work she became a moderate fighter. Bandits raided the city, seeing to it the no building was left unburned. Xenaria fought for her life in this instance, killing at least 6-7 of them. That was very formidable for her age, most of the town guard didn't even make it out alive. The aftermath was very troubling for her... In the fight both of her parents had died and the estate was incinerated. They spent the next few months building the town necessities, after 3 years the town returned to it's normal state, except Xenaria's parents, they were still dead. Xenaria was still regarded as a noble even after she lost everything, except her amulet, the last thing that she had from her mother she took it from her mother's corpse. She had been told that the soul's of our ancestors are held within it, each of their knowledges coming with it. When she put it on she felt a sort of invigoration that seemed to hold it's place in her heart, she was adopted by a man, he was a traveling wizard, he began to teach Xenaria how to use magic, and it seemed to happen a LOT faster than it would have normally, it is because of the amulet that she could catch on so quickly. After all... it is an amulet of wisdom. She now lives with the old mage Varen, in the forest. They live in a small house with their own farm, (and this is where the story ends, for now at least...)

I guess I should of added in that people will be starting quite low level, think around 2-3 ish
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero

Ster Zetanee
Grand Templar

#6 Post by Ster Zetanee »

Arachnion As Captain Jack wrote:Duskblade is a basic class, you can start it at level one. They have sword skills and some arcane spells, and can cast in light armor. I think they're in PHB 2, and the wizards site has at least one article on them.

It is not a core class, and all of the core classes are available on the SRD.
I might come back with a character for this tomorrow. You might need to change it to core classes, because there are some crazy basic classes, including my favorites, Boyscout (homebrew but awesome), Dragon Shaman (3.5 player's handbook 2), the Hexblade (complete warrior 3.5), and the Scout (complete adventurer 3.5)
Aero Blaze on Steam for the time being. Busy with college most the time.

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#7 Post by redundant_redundant »

fixed it (hopefully)
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

- Chocolate

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#8 Post by tony1695 »

redundant_redundant wrote:fixed it (hopefully)
The Gary Stu-ness is still there, from what I can see. And the changes to the Special Skill and the weapons got completely ignored. I can see this being completely rejected again.
Gentlementlemen

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#9 Post by redundant_redundant »

who's gary stu?

anyway, I didn't change the weapons and skills because I changed classes

- Chocolate

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#10 Post by tony1695 »

redundant_redundant wrote:who's gary stu?

A Gary Stu is a male Mary Stu, a literary term for when an author creates a character who, who every other character likes or sympathises with, regardless of allegiance, can accomplish any task no matter how impossible, and is generally perfection incarnate. Quite common in self-insert fan-fics. Which is what this reeks of.
As for the other things, I forgot to take that into account, though as a mage wouldn't a staff or wand be more suitable? After all, you can smash someone's nose into the back of their head with a staff.
Gentlementlemen

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#11 Post by redundant_redundant »

tony1695 wrote:
redundant_redundant wrote:who's gary stu?

A Gary Stu is a male Mary Stu, a literary term for when an author creates a character who, who every other character likes or sympathises with, regardless of allegiance, can accomplish any task no matter how impossible, and is generally perfection incarnate. Quite common in self-insert fan-fics. Which is what this reeks of.
As for the other things, I forgot to take that into account, though as a mage wouldn't a staff or wand be more suitable? After all, you can smash someone's nose into the back of their head with a staff.
most traditional mages would carry throwing knives. staffs are for travelers. as to the gary-stu, my character would hadley be able to conquere any odds. he isn't meant to be sympothised, this just gives him a reason to be a [censored]

- Chocolate

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#12 Post by tony1695 »

Do a Google image search. Every find that is properly a mage has a staff of some description.
Gentlementlemen

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#13 Post by redundant_redundant »

tony1695 wrote:Do a Google image search. Every find that is properly a mage has a staff of some description.
eh, if I'm not mistaken, in D&D, it doesn't matter the class

- Chocolate

Bane Dragon
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Bane Dragon »

redundant_redundant wrote:Bio: he is a soldier of fortune, brought up in the streets most of his childhood, his mother was a prostitute. he doesn't care for flirtatious women. a man found him one day. soon, he was kept, doing what his mother was doing, only with one man. he hated himself. in a fit of magic, he oblitterated the man, and received something else: status. a warrior saw his potential and trained him into the perfect warrior, good with a sword, good with the pen, good with the spell.
he started taking part time jobs untill he had enough money to buy his own place. after a while, his money just grew and grew, untill he was kidnapped. he want's his life back.
Guess what? bolded part 1 equals sympathy from people who have souls (i.e. most people). point 1 for gary stu

bolded part 2 equals "can accomplish any task, no matter how impossible". point 2 for gary stu.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, beyond that. Keaodan, would basitans be considered lawful only, and keidran chaotic only? =P Not that the rp needs them. Also, if I can, I'll make a character. :/ been busy with other stuff for a while.
Image Image
What's this say about me? O.o

Keaoden, The hidden
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Keaoden, The hidden »

Bane Dragon wrote: Keaodan, would basitans be considered lawful only, and keidran chaotic only? =P Not that the rp needs them. Also, if I can, I'll make a character. :/ been busy with other stuff for a while.
Well not really, not all bastain and keidran have to be stereotypical to their species. Plus I think for this alignment shouldn't play a huge role. People usually play how they would with or without that kind of boxed restriction anyway.

That said if you want to put in a certain alignment for yourself and to help develop your character go for it.
But it is not a requirement.
My Deviant Art
MyTumblr
My Youtube
R.I.P Lohti. A True Hero