Lest we forget.

All Out Of Character Conversation!

Moderator: Moderators

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

Lest we forget.

#1 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

This is probably for the older members of the forum, those who knew him somewhat, but if you take a second to remember, you will think back to our friend Lohti, one of the members who had been here almost since the beginning.

We knew him as Lohti, his true name being Jacob D. Barton. He lost his life in May 2009, to the bullet of a fellow soldier, Sgt. John M. Russell.

Spare a minute, and a few prayes for him today. We remember, and we always will. A toast to Jacob, may his vacation in Paradise be delightful.

Rest in peace.

Lest we forget.
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

Raphael
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Lest we forget.

#2 Post by Raphael »

I sure haven't forgotten him. He was a good man, well, that's what I gathered from my time chatting with him. This just goes to show what happens when people insist on causing conflicts, the constant battles and death messes people up in the head and they wind up killing their own.

[censored] terrorism...If all of the countries would just keep to themselves socially, AND religiously (that's right, I view this war being started by religious beliefs, due to the arabic side of it. I do believe the government had some part in it as well, but that's just me.) the world would be a better place.

Der Kojote
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Der Kojote »

I leave that memento to him in my sig and it shall remain there, Great rper, and person, time came to soon... damn terrorism... may he forever have peace...
In remembrance Lothi Great Rper and greater Solider
ye will be missed 21 gun salute

Blarg n' Stein
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Blarg n' Stein »

May our great lord rest his soul, I will pray for him, he deserves it.

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Extorio »

I've only just seen this D: And I don't really know whether this would count as a 'necro-post' but I think regardless, it's for a good cause.

Lohti was awesome, great RPer, one of the best. But more importantly, he was a heck of a friend too.

Rest in Peace man.

vevlaa

#6 Post by vevlaa »

I'm not good with words at times like these, but I'll do my best.

I can't say I knew him, But being a fellow solider, and I have served in the middle east, I feel obligated to say my respects.

While I'm not aware of the circumcises, Bering a solider, fighting for your beliefs, is probably the greatest honor a man can achieve in this 'modern' world. I have personally sent several of my friends home accompanied by a Flag.
Every loss is a Tragedy to a solider, but more so to his Family. My though are with them in this hour.
During times like these, feeling sad is not something one should do. Instead one should think of all the things PFC Barton did while he was still with us.

A final salute goes out to you from the men at at NAD (Norwegian Aeromedical Detachment)
-zeh vevlaa

<Image added later>

The Grim Reader
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by The Grim Reader »

What do you mean by the bullet of fellow soldier? Does that mean he was a victim of friendly fire? Secondly, I'd give my respects to any soldier working in the military. They lay their lives on the line and for what? Do we even have a cause anymore? I shall pray for the soldiers of America, for these are desperate times indeed. Sorry if I upset or offended anyone...it's just I am sure you guys can agree they have kept good soldiers over there for far to long. When are they going to stop moving the date to bring our soldiers back home on American soil where they belong?
Wynni wrote:Instead of using he internet to play a villan, I prefer to play a heroine ;)
"If life gives you lemons, throw the lemons back at life and tell life limes are better."ImageImageImageImage[/url]Image

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Sithil »

You are remembered, Lohti, with fondness. You were a good person, more so than most can claim to be. Your death was tragical, but it is your life and your actions while you were alive we remember. We remember you, and always will.
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

Arachnion As Captain Jack
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Arachnion As Captain Jack »

The Grim Reader wrote:What do you mean by the bullet of fellow soldier? Does that mean he was a victim of friendly fire?

It didn't get much coverage when it happened, but it was the same basic stuff as the whole Fort Hood shootings.

Wikipedia
Iwaku
"But the percentage is almost zero!"
"THE PERCENTAGE MEANS NOTHING! WITH A COURAGEOUS HEART, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE! FINAL FUSION APPROVED!"-GaoGaiGar.

My Let's Play (Updates Irregularly)

The Grim Reader
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by The Grim Reader »

Omg. It took the murder of five U.S. soldiers to capture this guy? That's ridiculous....sad really. Abraham Lincoln said "A house divided cannot stand." and that rings true for everything. May God bless his poor soul....he died honorable....much unlike the guy who took his life.
Wynni wrote:Instead of using he internet to play a villan, I prefer to play a heroine ;)
"If life gives you lemons, throw the lemons back at life and tell life limes are better."ImageImageImageImage[/url]Image