90%
PM
10%

Total votes: 10

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

Fight School OOC (Sign-Ups Closed)

#1 Post by Extorio »

”You must not fight too often with one enemy, or you will teach him all your art of war.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

The year is 2014 and human life is getting along quite well. Humanity still has problems such as crime, global warming and threats of overpopulation but overall, the world is good.

“On a small island off the coast of New York state is a boarding school for orphans and abused children called Browning's School for Underprivileged Children, named after its founder and current Headmaster, Harvey Browning. The schools campus has four dorm buildings known as 'East Dorm', 'West Dorm', 'North Dorm' and 'South Dorm'. It also has a teachers dorm situated on the top floor of the school building where English, Science and Maths are taught to the students. There's also an infirmary staffed with highly trained doctors and nurses in case of emergency. The ages of pupils in the school range from eleven to eighteen with each age group being in a different year of study, ranging from Year 1 to Year 8 respectively. The school is paid for by many generous clients who only want to see these underprivileged children of the next generation achieve their full potential.

We look forward to seeing you arrive on our shores and we look forward to teaching you.”

That's what the brochure says.

You, of course, know different. The students of this school are prisoners, unable to turn to family or even the state for help. On the East side of the Island, hidden from outside view by a cloaking device, is a giant stadium, where the students of Browning's School are forced to fight for their lives while their 'generous clients' watch eagerly to see if the child they have bet on wins the fight, or dies.

The Island

The Island is independently owned by Harvey Browning and as such, isn't susceptible to the United States Laws. Of course, in order to be accepted as a school, he allowed the government to check the school for safety concerns, educational concerns etc. But since those initial procedures, the school has not been checked since. As far as the Government sees it, Browning is getting rid of what could possibly be troublesome kids and turning them into mature adults.

The Island consists of four dorms, an infirmary, the main building, a dock complete with a reinforced ship, and a giant Colosseum styled arena. In the centre of the Island is an area of hills which border on being classed as mountains. There is a tunnel that connects the main school area with the the arena underneath the mountains.

For a more precise view, see the Map.

Yes, my skills on paint are amazing.

Note: The building with the red cross is the infirmary. The black circle is the arena and the yellow area is the beach/dock.

The Arena

The arena is designed after the Roman Colosseum and works in very much the same way, but it is more advanced. For instance, the spectators are behind bullet and shatter proof glass that can be covered with titanium shutters if they need to be. The fighters are lead to underground changing rooms where they prepare themselves. These changing rooms are basically titanium boxes with a light bulb and a door. When the fight is about to begin, a blank wall splits in half and the fighters step on the elevator that is behind the wall. They are then lifted into the arena.

The spectators are all billionaire sadists who sit and watch us kill each other in fine Italian suits while sipping on champagne and smoking expensive cigars. They bet on who will win shortly before the fight but are mostly there just to watch super beings battle it out.

The School
The Dorms are set up like this: North Dorm for Year 8's and 7's; East Dorm for Year 6's and Year 5's; South Dorm for Year 4's and Year 3's; and the West Dorm for Year 2's and Year 1's. Now, we all have different timetables and what not, but all of our characters will be in Years seven, six or five, no lower, no higher, which means we'll have the same timetable. The Main Building of the school has a Basement Level, Ground Floor (Maths and Science), 1st Floor (Lounging Room and English), 2nd Floor (Dining Hall) and 3rd Floor (Teachers Dorms, including Headmasters Office). There's also the Infirmary which is just a two storey building full of medical equipment and nice nurses.

The entire of the main school building is covered in some sort of energy field that negates the students powers.

The Headmaster
Harvey Browning has been called many things in his life: Philosopher, Doctor, Genius, Billionaire, Saint, Ambitious. But none of these words describe him better than 'sadist'. Harvey Browning made his school for two reasons: 1. to test his new medical advances into altering the human genes and 2. to see whether these tests could turn humans from regular people into super soldiers. Fortunately for him, the United States Government were all too willing to give him their orphaned children to test on. When they first arrive, the students are welcomed with a feast. Unbeknownst to them, the food they are eating will be their demise. As the children swallow the meat, vegetables and deserts that are put in front of them, they are putting billions of nano, remote controlled, explosives into their blood stream. All of the new children are gassed when they are asleep which knocks them unconscious for a fair few days, allowing Browning and his scientists to inject them with the H-virus. The Virus empowers them to the peak of physical human perfection and also grants them an amazing superhuman ability.

He is hated by all the students, save for a few [censored] kissers and even the teachers are afraid of him. They know all about his experiments and also about the nano explosives but what they don't know is if they too are primed for explosion. Harvey Browning controls his school through fear of a remote device that can pin point any one person's explosives for detonation.

The Teachers
The Maths teacher, Charlie St.Claire, is possibly one of the best teachers in the world. He knows full well the awful predicament he and his students are in, but that doesn't stop him from having a smile on his face and cracking a joke at any opportunity. He is definitely the most liked adult on the Island.

Science teacher, Robin Connors is a manic depressive. After getting himself stuck on the Island and in this prison, he has no idea what to do with himself. He drinks heavily every night and is barely awake during the day which leads him to send his students off to the Lounging Room instead of giving them a lesson. The students would pity him if they weren't stuck in a similar situation.

Vivian Blake is the attractive, kind hearted English teacher. She is admired by all students but unlike Charlie, she uses this admiration to enforce a strict and very disciplined lesson regime. Her students follow her every word and will do anything she asks.

William Trent is the last of the school staff. He's the Deputy Head and prefers to be called Will by students and teachers alike. He's very laid back and can often be found stood on one of the many ledges of the small mountain on the Island, enjoying a nice smoke.

Dr. Lucas Warner is the head Doctor at the Infirmary. He is a long time associate of Browning but doesn't agree with what he's doing with the children. The reason he has stuck around is out of both fear and a desire to at least keep the students healthy and alive while they are stuck in this hell.

The Fights
The Fights are generally done in a Tournament style. With 16 combatants from a certain year group battling it out to become number one. In order to decide the 16 combatants, there are a bunch of exhibition matches to find out who are the strongest 16 in that year group. During combat, you are given an outfit of your choice that is usually but not always, padded for protection.

The current champion of the school is an 8th year named Ghost.

The Powers
You were infected with the H-Virus when you first entered the school. The powers you obtained were random and were decided by multiple things such as gender, height,weight, hormone levels etc. (of course, you as the RPer choose your power and you'll have it).

You only have one power as well as enhanced physical attributes. But during the course of this RP you can evolve that power into a different but yet similar power. For an example, see 'Ghost's' Character Sheet.

The Combatants
Ghost is the current champion fighter of the entire school. His real name is now deleted from school records and he is actually PAID by Browning for his victories. Ghost receives better meals, his own private dorm room on the same floor as the teachers and a lot more benefits so long as he keeps winning. At first glance he seems to just be a thug who fights for these benefits but in reality he understands his situation and has a very mature way of looking at the world.

Chrono, real name: Zane Sterling, is one of the more renowned fighters in the school. He isn't paid by Browning but there are certain 'clients' who are trying to get hold of him in order to sponsor him. Chrono, as well as Ghost is an 8th year.

The Character Sheet

Code: Select all

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Power:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Misc.:[/b]
Here's a run-down of the stuff on there:

Name
Quite self-explanatory. Don't forget, your characters will be from New York state so don't go using Greek, Italian, Spanish etc. names. Unless of course that is apart of you characters native heritage.

Nickname
This is similar to the nicknames from X-Men, like Wolverine, Cyclops, Nightcrawler etc. However, these nicknames are usually self, friend or spectator-given and most if not all people won't call you by them. They won't even be displayed on the Tournament listings or on match statistics, they'd most likely only be used in your circle of friends. The only persons nickname that's actually used is Ghosts and nobody other than those in his year know his real name. But it has been forbidden by the Headmaster for them to speak it.

Your character has to be in either year 7, 6 or 5. So ages would be 17 for year 7, 16 for year 6 and 15 for year 5.

Appearance
Preferably, post a LINK to a picture of what your character looks like, including their fight outfit OR the outfit they'll be wearing once we leave the Island. Then if you want, post a link to image of their other outfit. While they aren't fighting, your characters will be wearing a uniform. The uniform isn't fixed but you have to be wearing trousers, shirt and tie. Blazer and/or sweatshirt are up to you. Post a description of how your character wears their uniform. Include anything unique about them too: scars, bracelets, tattoos, anything like that. (yes, you can get tattoo's from the infirmary ward! :D)

Power
I'm pretty much gonna give you free reign on this, but I will reject a power if its some over the top like 'I stare at you and your character dies'. Be reasonable and preferably choose something you would like to use in RP rather than choosing something that you know will be able to beat other players.

Personality
Just give me some explanation on how your character behaves, what their values and morals are and that should be fine.

Misc.
Anything you think I've missed out, even throw a theme song in there if you want. Before writing anything in this section though, read below.

You may have noticed that I didn't put 'Bio' or 'History' on the character sheet. Thats because every character will generally have the same history. You're all either orphans since birth or early age with no immediate family, or you've been taken away from your biological parents due to abuse or maybe they were unfit to look after you. Either way, your character has no connections to anybody on the outside and will not be missed or sought after if they die. This is to prevent mothers and fathers from going 'Hang on, why hasn't my son contacted me in four years? I best go check on that school.'

The Rules
  • Obey all Forum Rules
  • Don't be auto-hittin', -killing etc. Its not nice.
  • Be as literate as possible please, incorrect grammar and punctuation won't be tolerated if there are constant mistakes.
  • If you're unsure how something is on the Island, contact me, I'll be happy to help.
  • Don't be God-modding.
  • Have fun!
The Champion

Name: Unknown
Nickname: Ghost
Appearance: This is Ghost's school attire. His combat attire consists of basic black combat pants and boots. A white tank-top and then a black, short sleeved jacket over the top with a skull design on the back. Whenever Ghost fights, he wears this balaclava.
Power: Spectral Form - Ghost obtained the ability to become a spectral, hovering and invisible form of himself. His body slumped to the floor and he left it, literally becoming a Ghost and being unable to interact with the environment. Of course, this was quite useless in combat and so Ghost focused on physical training and began to win matches without the use of his power.
Intangibility - Ghost's power evolved in Year 6 and allowed him to now turn his body intangible, meaning that he became untouchable by the environment. If he focuses hard enough, he can turn himself invisible as well as intangible, which he typically does in order to confuse his opponents into thinking invisibility is his power. However, if he is instinctively activating his power to save himself against a close call, he just becomes semi-transparent as the object passes through him. He can only remain intangible for roughly five minutes at a time.
Personality: Many people assume that Ghost is just a thug who supports Browning's school system and reaps the benefits for being the champion. He often encourages this view of him because while it makes him hated, it also makes him feared. Underneath the surface however, Ghost is quite mature and has a very deep view on his and the rest of the students situations. He doesn't want to remain at the school after he is allowed to leave, mainly because he wouldn't know what to do with himself. He is also willing to sacrifice the benefits he receives if it would save any of the students and he is also the only student who hasn't completely given up on escape.
Misc.: (i'm gonna give him a theme when I have the time)

I really hope you enjoy this. I'll post my characters and NPC's soon.

Year 8

Ghost (Ex) tick
Zane Sterling aka Chrono (Ex) tick
Angelo St.Claire aka Angel (Ex) tick
Jonathan Lysander aka Lysander (Ex) tick
Clifford Maxwell aka Lotus ~ Deceased (Ex)
Morlin Creed aka Phobia (the red soldier) tick

Year 7 Timetable

Gabriel Wolfie aka Wolfie (Gabriel) tick
Gausstile aka Mrs. Wolf (Gabriel) tick
Conner Vills aka Berserker (Der Kojote)
Rocky Pardalis aka Shadowclaw (Raphael) tick

Year 6 Timetable

Fallon Newsen aka Emerald (Azulu) tick
Jacob Takaya aka Tajima (Twokindsofawesome) tick
John Grass aka Titan (darktimes)
Jason Warner (Ex) tick
Sarah Young (Tyendinaga)
Julia Sanderson aka Julia (Twokindsofawesome) tick
Erika Dawain aka Botany (Ranalf) tick
Leon Calamus (Raph) tick

Year 5 Timetable

Ranalf Archet aka Dupeless (Ranalf) tick
William Tyrog aka Will (kelkjo25) tick
Iris Stealthbane aka Iris (hands_of_stealth) tick

Combat is in session.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Fight School

#2 Post by Ranalf »

Okay, as I said, here's my character sheet.

Normal Form: Image
Female Form: Image
Name: Ranalf Archet
Nickname: Dupeless
Power: Shapeshifting. He can change looks, shape, and what his limbs are. His arm to a laser gun, his other arm to a rifle, to a sword. THis makes him very Unpredictable.
Personality: He's a bit paranoid, but, get close enough, he's a nice guy. Can be somewhat irrational when in a bad mood. He likes to mess with people by shapeshifting into that person or into someone else, then, when they turn away, shapeshift to a different form. He mostly switches between two forms, his normal and female form. He has others that he uses. He also can be a very convincing actor, which makes him quite the prankster.
Misc.:
Theme: Celldweller - Shapeshifter or Doopliss's Battle Theme!
Background: His life had been one large conflict. 1st, his parents became drug addicts and died of overdoses when he was 3, then, he was dumped on the streets with no food or water, forcing him to live off of scraps. Child Services picked him up and gave him to an abusive foster family. He eventually got pissed enough to trash their house while they were away and take any money and stuff that he could find. He left nothing to show it was him who did it. For a bit afterwards, he healed from the bruises of the foster family, but, his mind felt like 'love' was false. He hated his parents for letting themselves die and leaving him to get abused by a different family. The rest of his life was mostly him stealing, mostly just slight thefts. Taking a wallet and taking just enough to buy some food and returned the wallet. He didn't want others to live his life for his greed. It just kept like that till the police caught him at the age of 9, pickpocketing someone. He was sent to Juvininile and then a orphanage. At the age of 12, one week before his 13th birthday, he was sent to where he was now...The school of freaks and mutants...
Delicious.
Cool story.

Azulu
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Azulu »

Name: Fallon Newsen
Nickname: Emerald
Appearance: Her eyes are a mysterious bright green, her hair is white. She's taller then most of the girls in her class.
Power: Pyrokinesis. She'd always been fasinated by fire. But the flames she can shoot out of her hands or surround her body with are an emerald green.
Personality: Friendly, always ready to help.
Misc.: Fallon has already been a year on the island, so she has some fighting experience. Her attempts to get off the island have been useless, but she grins every time she sees the guards rub their burned skin nervously when she walks by.

I found a picture. Just imagine that her hair is white. :P

Extorio
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Extorio »

@ Ranalf: the Character sheet seems good and the power is decent. I am however going to ask you to alter the shapeshifting ability a little. I'd like you to get rid of size changing part? The only reason being, if your character wanted, he could just make himself into a giant and people at the mainland would be like "Hey, whats that!?"

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#5 Post by Ranalf »

Extorio wrote:@ Ranalf: the Character sheet seems good and the power is decent. I am however going to ask you to alter the shapeshifting ability a little. I'd like you to get rid of size changing part? The only reason being, if your character wanted, he could just make himself into a giant and people at the mainland would be like "Hey, whats that!?"
Ah, sure.
Delicious.
Cool story.

kelkjo25
Master

#6 Post by kelkjo25 »

Name: William Tyrog
Nickname:Will
Appearance:Bright glowing green eyes, short brown hair, around 5"7' 5"6', fairly burly and pale. Wears his uniform very loose and large. wears a black long sleeve shirt with the right arm sleeve cut off, and black dress pants (He finds them comfortable :3) when he fights. Also has a large scar running from his shoulder to the back of his hand on his right arm and a circular one in the center of his right hand. Other than the scar his right hand looks like the rest of him.
Image (Imagine that without the right arm sleeve or design)
Power: His right arm looks the same as his left, but is extremely strong. He can run extremely fast and dodge even faster. turn his fingers into claws on demand on his right hand. his left hand is also fairly strong but not as much. can shoot small needles out of the front of his right hand.
Personality:Doesn't usually talk much, doesn't have any friends in the school. Usually walks around with his head down.
Misc.:Katzenjammer-A Bar in Amsterdam
When his claws are out his eyes are glowing orange, without white.
asfasd

Azulu
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Azulu »

kelkjo25 wrote: Willialms bio
I think this loos a LOT like Ranalfs... but hey, that's just my opinion.

kelkjo25
Master

#8 Post by kelkjo25 »

Azulu wrote:
kelkjo25 wrote: Willialms bio
I think this loos a LOT like Ranalfs... but hey, that's just my opinion.
Woah your right, didnt even see his. Changing it.
asfasd

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#9 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

Sure! ill join!!! Let me know if anythins wrong...

Name: Tajima Takaya
Nickname: Tajima
Appearance: http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=big%20w ... 8#/d2sn7ay COMBAT ATTIRE: http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs46/f/2009/ ... Mihaii.jpg
Power: ability to summon weapons. He can summon a large variety of weapons, but it is limited. He cant summon anything big like a rocket launcher or minigun, but none the less he can summon weapons. This is limited though. He can only summon about 3 or 4 weapons a day. The types of weapons he can summon are stuff like swords, bats, pistols, SMGs, rifles, assult rifles, and MAYBE a sniper, but that would take A LOT of effort. Like i said though, its limited.
Personality: very happy and open. He always seems to have a positive attitude and is ready for any action he can get. He an be a bit overly confident at times. He is lso a bit perverted
Misc.: theme songs!!! The Tempest- Pendulum: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piXjdfwQZak
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

kelkjo25
Master

#10 Post by kelkjo25 »

Twokindsofawsome wrote:He is lso a bit perverted
made me lol :3
asfasd

Azulu
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Azulu »

*looks at Jacobs char*

*looks at Gabriels char*

*points both her thumbs to the first page, asking them without a sound to take a closer look at Ranalfs bio and walks away.*

Twokindsofawsome
Hopelessly Romantic

#12 Post by Twokindsofawsome »

kelkjo25 wrote:
>:3 my characters are almost ALWAYS perverted... if there guys at least... but yeah... HUZAH FOR PERVERTS!!! |D

and wut azulu???
A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome… To Night Vale." ~ Ciesel Palmer

Azulu
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Azulu »

Eh, Ranalf kinda haves that power, to transform her arms into weapons... It becomes a little edgy when two other chars are gonna have weapon-powers. Just saying. :|

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Ranalf »

Azulu wrote:Eh, Ranalf kinda haves that power, to transform her arms into weapons... It becomes a little edgy when two other chars are gonna have weapon-powers. Just saying. :|
o.o :3
Twokindsofawsome wrote:
kelkjo25 wrote:
>:3 my characters are almost ALWAYS perverted... if there guys at least... but yeah... HUZAH FOR PERVERTS!!! |D

and wut azulu???
Err...Except, shapeshifting has almost unlimited possiblilities, he TURNS his arms into weapons, not summons.

Gabriel's is kinda borderline, it is a LOT like shapeshifting, but, that's more of a werewolf fashion.
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Ok azula, i get it but HES A FRIGGEN LYCAN/ELEMENTAL, ITS PART OF HIM TO SHAPE SHIFT, ALSO RANALF DOESN'T KILL BY CRUSHING SKULLS OR SHOVING A SWORD MADE OF ICE THROUGH YOUR THROAT. MY KEYBOARD JAMMED ON CAPS LOCK, NEED TO GET NEW ONE.
I lol'd.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Azulu
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Azulu »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:Ok azula, i get it but HES A FRIGGEN LYCAN/ELEMENTAL, ITS PART OF HIM TO SHAPE SHIFT, ALSO RANALF DOESN'T KILL BY CRUSHING SKULLS OR SHOVING A SWORD MADE OF ICE THROUGH YOUR THROAT. MY KEYBOARD JAMMED ON CAPS LOCK, NEED TO GET NEW ONE.
... I ment Gausstile, not Gabriel...