4%
Other
No votes
Let's play a different game... :redhair:
49%

Total votes: 83

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

Re: Rules & Game Discussion

#871 Post by Lordlyhour »

D3ADKi113R wrote:how bout this

"The rules are as basic as can be. Basically, you have to post a picture of something that can defeat the picture above it. Please try to give it some connection to the image though, don’t just use Nuke’s on everything. So, if I posted a picture of a rock, you could post a picture of paper."

how's that sound?
I think that would quickly devolve into "But Cthulu could beat Superman! No, Superman could shoot him with lasers! But Cthulu is made of Kryptonite!
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

TheJ
Templar

#872 Post by TheJ »

Lordlyhour wrote:
D3ADKi113R wrote:how bout this

"The rules are as basic as can be. Basically, you have to post a picture of something that can defeat the picture above it. Please try to give it some connection to the image though, don’t just use Nuke’s on everything. So, if I posted a picture of a rock, you could post a picture of paper."

how's that sound?
I think that would quickly devolve into "But Cthulu could beat Superman! No, Superman could shoot him with lasers! But Cthulu is made of Kryptonite!
Awww, that won't happen. It's not a point of defeating people, just a witty approach at trying to beat others......sorta like King of the Hill, but more....... graphic, literally. Real fun.
Take a look at where he probrably got the idea. The only problem in this system is that if two people reply the same picture, which the KYM forum system cannot prevent this. Fortunately, we all remember when we take too long typing a reply, when we finally do..... the phpBB program will tell us so.
MY AVATAR IS CALLED KRIETH KREISER.
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.
COPYRIGHT: ME.
Kindamoody wrote:avwolf is always right. :wink:
Schrodinger wrote:Stop trying to inject logic where none exists.

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar

#873 Post by Lordlyhour »

L:ooks like it might work. Looks fun
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

TheJ
Templar

#874 Post by TheJ »

OK? Aze? Another game please(beat the picture)? And King-o-hill is getting old. On page 65.
MY AVATAR IS CALLED KRIETH KREISER.
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.
COPYRIGHT: ME.
Kindamoody wrote:avwolf is always right. :wink:
Schrodinger wrote:Stop trying to inject logic where none exists.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#875 Post by Donnellson86 »

D3AD, Lordly, J, I hate to burst y'all's bubbles but I think Aze defeated a motion for a similar game a while back. I do have a suggestion for a game, though. I don't know the name but we each get so many words we can use and we try to write a semi-coherent story like that. I also just remembered a game where we were to write a story one sentence at a time in the Story Board. I don't know if we can import it here or if we should just leave it there.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

bigro
Grand Templar

#876 Post by bigro »

Donnellson86 wrote:D3AD, Lordly, J, I hate to burst y'all's bubbles but I think Aze defeated a motion for a similar game a while back. I do have a suggestion for a game, though. I don't know the name but we each get so many words we can use and we try to write a semi-coherent story like that. I also just remembered a game where we were to write a story one sentence at a time in the Story Board. I don't know if we can import it here or if we should just leave it there.
*sound of light-bulb above head* Do you mean the game where one person starts a sentence with a word then the next person says another word and so on until you get a fully coherent sentence? (By fully coherent I mean Ludicrous but structurally sound)
Or are you going on about the variant of it where you use full sentences instead words to create a......oh......bah! i should read more betterer. Anyways, do consider the one I mentioned (basically Don's one but with single word instead of sentences) as it works a charm in real life (drama class fun :P ) and can often result in many lulz had by all. (Still like Don's idea too)

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar

#877 Post by Lordlyhour »

And i like mine best of all :3 though, really it was only suggested because i'm a rhyming fiend.

Donnellson86
Grand Templar

#878 Post by Donnellson86 »

The game is something like one person can only post three words at a time and the next must continue and so on until a short story emerges. I don't remember when exactly it started but when I first joined it was ridiculously(?) fun and hilarious. It's kinda like "Three-headed Broadway Star" or "Only Three Words" from "Whose Line".

As for the second suggestion--as it was--one person posts a single sentence then another posts a sentence and so on. The story is continued until something resembling coherent thought emerges. It was originally on the Story Board but it died and I was recently thinking about how much fun it was to write in that one.

I think that concludes my response.
Insanity is curable...but craziness is not.
Giving a shout out to all the Furcs out there.
Div. 13 Story

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#879 Post by Talaisan »

Donnellson86 wrote:D3AD, Lordly, J, I hate to burst y'all's bubbles but I think Aze defeated a motion for a similar game a while back. I do have a suggestion for a game, though. I don't know the name but we each get so many words we can use and we try to write a semi-coherent story like that. I also just remembered a game where we were to write a story one sentence at a time in the Story Board. I don't know if we can import it here or if we should just leave it there.
Actually, the game he shot down was my Stolen Panel Theater game. Which I may just restructure and do as my own sort of messed up comic strip in the art thread.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#880 Post by redundant_redundant »

not really a game, but a joke telling thread. thoughts, si vous plait?
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

Chocolate wrote:Because its TASTY
- Chocolate

bond84
Stick Animator

#881 Post by bond84 »

Why not something along the lines of making a single panel shuffle.
A single panel to start it off. Let's say trace waking up.
Then goes to another panel that is shuffled to continue the story.
Would love to have a sig but I don't have anything sig worthy to be honest...

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#882 Post by redundant_redundant »

sounds good...
Twokinds Revolution. an epic story of the still continuing war between basitons and humans, with kiedran caught in the middle

- Chocolate

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar

#883 Post by Lordlyhour »

And then turns into Got wood joke after got wood joke after Taco joke. Then It'll combine the two. AND it leaves out anyone(me for example) who doesn't actually know how to make a shuffle

redundant_redundant
Grand Templar

#884 Post by redundant_redundant »

I had spoken to the mod a while ago about this, but a pokémon version of KOTH

- Chocolate

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar

#885 Post by Lordlyhour »

A "The Hedgehog Song" Game.
Basically, The idea is to Create a verse for the Hedgehog song
The second song is said song
A little crude, So i'll understand if I get a flat out no, but it'd probably be fun