Re: Where did my thread go?!

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#1 Post by AzeNaku »

*faces hits the pavement*

I just lost so many posts. I didn't expect that I'd lose post count when a thread gets deleted. I'll keep that in mind.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

EB from G
Council Member

#2 Post by EB from G »

azenaku wrote:*faces hits the pavement*

I just lost so many posts. I didn't expect that I'd lose post count when a thread gets deleted. I'll keep that in mind.
Now, you're miles away of becoming a Grand Supreme Templar Sixth Grade Master Degree, what a loss...

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#3 Post by FastChapter »

EB from G wrote:

Now, you're miles away of becoming a Grand Supreme Templar Sixth Grade Master Degree, what a loss...
Holy crap, you lost a good 300 posts yourself! :grin:

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by AzeNaku »

FastChapter wrote:
EB from G wrote:

That's because he was posting alot about me supposedly stalking him. I just sat in the FG forum and as soon as someone posted (which it tended to be EB, which is not my fault), I would post.

EB from G
Council Member

#5 Post by EB from G »

FastChapter wrote:
EB from G wrote:

You keep book about my post count?

Good god, I mistaked azenaku as my private stalker, but in reality you are!

Leave me, leav... NO! Lay the gun down, Fast! AAAAAHHHHH......

*murderous silence*

But seriously, it doesn't bother me if I got 700-something or 400-something posts, in the end it doesn't matter by hook or by crook (I hope that expression is still used by not octogenarians ;3).

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by AzeNaku »

EB from G wrote:But seriously, it doesn't bother me if I got 700-something or 400-something posts, in the end it doesn't matter by hook or by crook (I hope that expression is still used by not octogenarians ;3).
But, I liked being a "Master". It made me feel important.

EB from G
Council Member

#7 Post by EB from G »

azenaku wrote:
EB from G wrote:But seriously, it doesn't bother me if I got 700-something or 400-something posts, in the end it doesn't matter by hook or by crook (I hope that expression is still used by not octogenarians ;3).
Let me put it this way: You're life is very pointless, eh?

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Fireball0236 »

Hmm, my suggestion went unnoticed in a games topic; but why not instead of deleting topics, simply unsticky (if they were) and close them? At least no posts were lost and we have an archive of the past :) .

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#9 Post by Fireball0236 »

If the simple reasn is post count, can't phpBB (like invision fora) disable post count increments in certain boards?

Still, the games are also played simply for fun, about all posts are on topic to the game. Spam is made elsewhere in the forum. I just don't see the need to remove the posts & post count. It's a bit unfortunate having to pass 300 posts again xD ...

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#10 Post by FastChapter »

I'd have no problem keeping threads around after they're locked, if Forum Games didn't add to your post count.

The main reason I support deleting them is because people are ratcheting up their counts by spamming, and when you get down to the nitty gritty, post counts are somewhat of a badge of service for members who've been around a while. I know it's taboo to say it, and heck, I'm probably the one who should be ducking away from the subject. Either way, post counts do matter to a lot of people on the forums, and it's a bit discouraging when people who've been around 2 months are surpassing the percieved activity of those who have been here 2 years, :P

Obviously, we're not going to delete every spam post on the forum. But it needs to be kept to a low roar, and the easiest way to maintain it is to bump off game threads that have met their agreed-upon limit. :)

Mysterious Old Guy
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Mysterious Old Guy »

Still, the compliment the user, and ban the users games were fun.
"What's wrong? You've only lost two Pokémon. . . Come at me! Send out your legendaries! Bring in Shuckle! Use your hyper potions! The night is still young... Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! The fun's yet to come! Hurry! Hurry!"
ImageImageImageImageImage

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#12 Post by FastChapter »

That's not to say you can't make those threads again when a slot frees up. And if a game looks as if it's hit a brick wall, or just goes silent, you can always ask one of us to delete it to make room for a new one.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by AzeNaku »

EB from G wrote:
azenaku wrote:
Let me put it this way: You're life is very pointless, eh?
I meant on this forum...

Luca Fox
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Luca Fox »

You should be less concerned about how many posts you have and more concerned with the content of each of your posts.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by AzeNaku »

Luca Fox wrote:You should be less concerned about how many posts you have and more concerned with the content of each of your posts.
Yeah, I learned my lesson.