Is That Who I Think It Is?

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Is That Who I Think It Is?

#1 Post by IHeartMaeve »

What's up, people? Guess what? I just came up with my best idea yet: a game of character recognition called (you guessed it) Is That Who I Think It Is?

The rules are simple: every Wednesday at about 4:10 PM Eastern Time (unless this time slot is, for any reason, unavailable), I will go to the official Twokinds website and select a random page from the Archive page, then search the page carefully for a random character cameo. If I find one, I will copy and paste the link to the page in this topic, with a riddle underneath the link that, if you solve it correctly, will lead you right to the character I saw. But, here's the catch: once you find the character, you must send me a private message with the character's name somewhere in the text. A week later, I will post the answer publicly alongside a new link and a new riddle. In essence, anyone playing this game will have one week to figure it out.

You know what? Today, I'm feeling like keeping a lower number of players for this, just to start off slowly. As such, I'll make the first round of "Is That Who I Think It Is?" a restricted-access round, with the player's pass being access to a simple copy of "The Dragon Masquerade." Of course, this story is not really accessible online, so for this round only, the website hyperlink will be replaced with a normal page number (please note that I will include covers as page numbers, just to make it harder). So, without further ado, Round 1 of "Is That Who I Think It Is?"

Page number: 17
Riddle:
Where's this guy? The bottom center.
He's first found when the fans first enter.
Married a brunette, but you see,
'Twas short-lived. Surname rhymes with "me."

Think you know who made the cameo I'm thinking of in that prequel story? Well, what are you waiting for? Tell me! (But don't spoil it for other people. Please answer via PM.)
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

Re: Is That Who I Think It Is?

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Hello, everybody! It's time for another round of the new character-recognition Whispering Trivia game, "Is That Who I Think It Is?"! Now, last week's round was kinda slow, like I wanted, but I honestly didn't want it to be so slow that my responses number at zero. Well, it was the first week, so I'll throw the dog a bone (metaphorically speaking) and launch a new round at the community. So, here we go!

The rules are outlined in the first entry of this topic, but I'll sum up the list again, just because I feel like it. Below is a hyperlink to a page of the Twokinds Webcomic. Underneath that is a riddle that describes a character who appears in the background of at least one panel of that page, specifically in a non-speaking cameo. Follow the link and use the description in my riddle to find who made the cameo, then send me a Private Message when you figure it out, including the character's Transcript name (Trace, Flora, Basitin Soldier, etc.) so I can check your work. Screen names of people giving correct answers will be listed in my next entry, which will be posted on Wednesday, March 29, at around 4:15 to 4:30 PM Eastern Time, along with the riddle for that week.

So, here's Round 2!

Last week's answer: Trace
Link: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/55/
Riddle:
Though she appears, it's not direct.
Scan Panel Three. She's from a sect
Led by a man with mismatched eyes
Who has this woman tell him her finds.

PM me if you think you know!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#3 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Hey-all! It's Wednesday! You know what that means! Round 3 of "Is That Who I Think It Is?" is underway! Before I start, I'd just like to say... What's the deal? I know I've just started this game, but that doesn't mean only I can play! The only reason I want people to answer through the Private Messaging system is that I don't want people to exploit the fact that this is a public area, and is thus a way one can cheat off others to get an answer!

Anyway, I'll put the new previous answer/link/riddle combo down here, but first, a reminder on how this works: click the link to see the page, read the riddle to help yourself locate the cameo character, and send me a PM to respond to the question of "who appears in this page's background area in a place where you must look carefully to see them?" and get your screen name in a parenthetical "Winner's List" if you're correct.

So, here's the third round!

Last week's answer: Master Seer's Daughter
Link: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/135/
Riddle:
Antagonist of Chapter Six.
That's right, that one. "You and your tricks!"
The last panel, among the trees
Is why Trace has no memories.

Remember: PM, don't post.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by minime »

No offence, but i'm sure people don't want to play this, that's why no one is sending PMs :/

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#5 Post by IHeartMaeve »

No need to rub it in, minime. Besides, there are always alternate explanations.

Anyhoo, Round 4!

Last week's answer: Ephemural
Link: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/61/
Riddle:
I will admit, this man does talk.
Front desk of the inn; our team, does he stalk?
Or does he do it to keep them safe?
In any case, he can even change race.

If you figure it out, send a message!

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#6 Post by IHeartMaeve »

So... another silent round. Meh! Round 5! Next!

Last week's answer: Sirus
Link: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/867/
Riddle:
What in the world? Who is she?
Not from this world; that, I see.
Hidden among the tigers, too...
I think she's from Caribbean Blue!

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#7 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Here's another reset after a silent round. Round 6! Go!

Last week's answer: Tina Vermillion
Link: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/911/
Riddle:
Someone's still trying to win that bet.
Don't think she's fully successful yet...
Well, keep it up, little missy!
You'll get him yet, Daniels will see!

PM me if you get it!

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#8 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Due to lack of response and my near-relentless persistence factor, I'm just gonna extend Round 6 another week, just to see if I can still get a response.

Remember! If you get it, send a Private Message!

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#9 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Welcome back, everyone! Today's the day! The long-awaited Round 7 of "Is That Who I Think It Is?"! Since someone finally got an answer here, I'll make it another Special Round. So, anyone with a Dragon Masquerade book, please refer to it for this round!

Last week's answer: Therie Sah-Van
Last week's winner(s): NotThatJon
Page number (Covers included): 22
Riddle:
In the top panel, with no name
Say "I like swords," he would say "Same!"
Name seems to start with "R," "P," or "B"
At least, says Page Eighty-Five, Plus Three.

If you figure it out, Message me!

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#10 Post by IHeartMaeve »

I'll keep this round up another week. Know what? I'll make the updates for the game a biweekly thing, just for the sake of it.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#11 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Couldn't find a good cameo. Y'all get another two weeks to figure it out!