Twippit's Command Prompt

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

Twippit's Command Prompt

#1 Post by Twippit »

So it's been quite some time since anyone posted here, and my RP is running a bit slow, so to keep myself busy I'm thinkin' I'll start up a little something similar to aj's Command Prompt. The rules are simple: don't META, and don't be a dick. Let's get started.

You wake up, and you realize it's hot, very hot. Opening your eyes, you note that the sun is directly overhead and burning your retinas. You appear to be lying on cobblestone.

>_
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Twippit's Command Prompt

#2 Post by Lief »

Seems kinda neat. Not sure it really belongs here, but seeing how inactive this place is... Why not?

>Sit up
>Examine Surroundings

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#3 Post by Twippit »

My thoughts exactly.

You sit up, and notice a distinct pain in your backside, like you just fell from a great height. You file that away as another mystery to solve. The sounds of a small town fill your ears, accompanied by a loud banging. Directly ahead of you is a pair of great wooden doors, reinforced with some kind of hammered metal. A mideavil-looking guardsman stands beside the doors. To your left appears to be a forge, and a black woman stands nearby, hammering away on a thin sheet of metal on a workbench. Well, that explains the banging. On your right, you see a watchtower, and next to that, a set of stairs that seems to lead of to a residential area.

>_
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#4 Post by Lief »

Lemme know if I'm making too many prompts.

>Stand up
>Approach Guardsman
>Question Guardsman on the events leading up to you laying on the ground, presumably unconscious.

Twippit
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Twippit »

You're good.

You rise, a bit unsteady. You feel a little woozy, but you'll probably be fine in a moment or two.
You approach the guardsman, who is standing in the shade of the doors. His armor seems vaugely familiar, like looking at a shirt on someone else quite similar to one you own. He wears a full-face masked helm, with only holes for the eyes, topped with a small spike. The cuirass is comprised of a short-sleeved light scale mail, with a golden sash across the shoulders and draped down the wearer's left side, bound by a cord 'round the waist. Also on this cord, you note, is a sword. You also note that in the shade, it's much cooler- almost crisp, you'd say. Probably the reason you thought it was hot was because you were in the sun so long. In his left hand he holds a small circular wooden shield, painted gold and bearing the emblem of a horse's head, a long tongue snaking out in a slight spiral.
"Excuse me," you ask. You note your voice is a bit raspy and your mouth a bit dry -again, probably from being out in the sun so long.
The guard turns to you. "Staying safe, I hope?" He has a thick accent.
You cough slightly. "This may sound odd, but what happened leading up to me lying down there?"
You can't tell, but it seems like the guard is judging you behind that helm of his. Finally, he grunts. "No lollygagging," he says.

>_

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.

#6 Post by Lief »

WELL. I know where we are now!

>Grumble
>Approach Blacksmith
>Question on what happened

Twippit
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Twippit »

I was wondering how long that'd take.

Well. He was unhelpful. "Thanks for nothing," you mutter. You walk over to the blacksmith. As you approach, she looks up at you, like some uncanny homing device. Something flashes in the corner of your eye, but when you look, it's gone. Must have been nothing.
"We got some nice pieces out here if you're looking to buy. More inside!" she says cheerily. She's wearing a long mohogany dress and a thick black apron. Her face is soft, smooth... Almost unnaturally so.
"Excuse me," you say.
"Have you met my father?" she asks, still banging away on that piece of steel. "He's the steward up at Dragonsreach."
"Erm," you say, a bit flustered. "Do you know how I ended up lying down over there?"
She doesn't seem to be listening to you. "You think all the advice my father gives is his own? Ha! You can think of me as the advisor's advisor."

>_

It's about to get interesting...

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#8 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

Let's see where we can go.

>Uncertainly thank woman for her...interesting comments on the situation.
>Search self to see what we have on us.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Twippit
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Twippit »

Well that was both odd and unhelpful. "If I see your dad, I'll tell him hi," you say with some uncertainty.
"We got some nice pieces out here if you're looking to buy. More inside!" she says brightly as you leave.
You turn around, geting your first look at this side of the city. Right in front of you is where you were lying down, at the foot of a staircase leading into a building. According to the sign, it's The Drunken Huntsman. Huh, maybe you should inquire there for clues, they might know something.
Further to your right, the cobblestone road stretches off to what looks like a small marketplace in the distance. There it is again, that flash! You know you saw something off to your right, but when you look, it's gone.
You check your pockets. Holy [censored], how are ...is this even possible? You pull a steel greatsword out of your pocket. You're pretty sure you would have noticed that before. Panicing only slightly, you fish around in your pockets some more. Several thousand gold pieces, some wierd looking mask things, full-sized hard-cover novels, bottles of liquid, bows (plural?), literally a thousand arrows, some iron armor, an iron helmet (complete with funky ram horns), a giant toe (what purpose could that serve?), serveral wet hearts, a couple wolf pelts, some unusual gems... Eventually you just stop pulling things. It's just too disconcerting. It's almost like you were some homeless mass murderer.

>_

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#10 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

>Suppress semi-hysterical laughter at what appears to be hyperspace clothing.
>Attempt to stow these things away, barring giant toe.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Twippit
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Twippit »

You suppress what would've become a maniacal cackle had you left it unchecked, and begin to wrap your mind around the seemingly impossible task of putting your stuff back in your pockets. Logically, you know you don't have room for all of this in your tiny hand-sized pockets, but if it came out... Maybe it can go back in the same way?
"Let's start with something basic," you say to yourself. Great, now you're talking to yourself. Maybe you really are going crazy.
You pick up the greatsword. Holding your pocket open with two fingers, you sort of awkwardly slide the giant piece of metal into your pocket. Huh, it worked. You collect all the various items lying around you, though the toe... You sort of eye the toe for a minute, then kick it away in disgust. It flies away with much more force than anticipated.
You are standing in front of the Drunken Huntsman. There's something smells fishy, and it's not that nasty toe. You're pretty well determined to get to the bottom of this.

>_

((ooc: I'm thinking of requesting a move to the main RP Board or the Forum Games Board. Thoughts?))

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#12 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

(Not forum games. It is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.)

>Enter Drunken Huntsman
>Ask bartender/innkeeper inside if he recalls seeing you.

Twippit
Grand Templar

#13 Post by Twippit »

(Main RP Board then?)

Carefully skirting around the giant toe, you head up the stairs and enter the Drunken Huntsman. Suddenly, everything goes dark.

"Oh, my blasted Player is coming. Got to go. Hopefully I'll talk to you again soon, Peach," says a vaugely British voice in the darkness. Then silence.

Everything grows light again. You're in a wooden-plank building. Directly before you is a roaring fire. To your left is a wooden counter, and upon it lays a wooden bow and a few quivers filled with arrows. Behind the counter stands a man with pointy ears, cardboard-tan skin, and incredibly strange eyes. To your two o'clock is a small alcove. You can see the edge of a table just barely jutting out into the walkway.

"Got food for the hungry, drink for the thirsty," comes a warm, silky voice from your left. The ...elf? Probably a safe bet to call him an elf. The elf dude is staring directly at you. He pulls a wet rag from his back pocket and starts wiping down the counter, still staring. It's... Becoming a bit disconcerting.

"Excuse me," you say. "Was I in here a moment ago?"

The elf says nothing and continues to bore a hole in your forehead with his eyes. You hear a surprised gasp and the loud CLANK of a tankard hitting the floor behind you. "No, that's not possible," comes a British whisper from behind you.

>_

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#14 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

(It would be, in essence, almost the same thing, but if you like, you can move it. Just don't be too shocked by a mild drop in decision-making from the prompts if it does occur.)

>Turn around
>Ask politely if he knows something about your recent memory loss. His reaction is potentially related, after all.

Twippit
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Twippit »

(Well, no offense, but that'd be better than post-a-day ;))

Oooh, that sounds like someone who might know what's going on here. Ignoring the elf, you turn around and walk over to the alcove.

A few things happen at once. A man in skimpy armor walks down from the stairs at the end of the room. The elf at the bar sighs disgruntledly. And before you can make it to the alcove, a blue-ish grey-ish purple-ish elf with yellow face paint rolls into an attack position before you, sword and dagger at the ready. From the look on her face, she doesn't trust you at all.

"Who the hell are you," she demands.

Who the hell are you? Initially you internally scoff at such a request, but as you think about it your mind reels at the reality that you have no idea who you are. Who the hell are you??

"Ah, uh," you stammer. "I... I dunno! Look, I can't remember anything, all I know is that I woke up right out there and now I'm lost and nobody will tell me anything!" You're so incredibly stressed by this situation, you feel like you might break down at any moment. You certainly didn't ask for this. Everything seems to be going crazy around you, and it's not like you had any control over it! All you want to know is what's going on!

The woman seemed to sense your flustered state, because her expression softened. "Calm down," she commanded. You do. It's not like you have much of a choice, she's the one with the weapons. But really, her voice does have a soothing tone to it... "Here, have a seat and let's try to sort this out." She walks back over to the alcove and pulls out chair for you, beckoning for you to take a seat.

>_