Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Last Man Posting

#14671 Post by Bellhead »

Black is everything~
Pulled me right out of reality~

Not many people are going to get this one, and I'd bet fewer than 2 would recognize it at all without google.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#14672 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Well we are like 5 here so I believe your prediction is on point. For the record even with Google could not figure it out

And on a completely unrelated note. Today i learned that for my company policy to change someone in upper management has to leave the company or die. The second is more common.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14673 Post by Bellhead »

Sad, but all-too-often true.

I, on the other hand, have seen the change of department managers 4 times, and general manager once. Don't know about upper management, but it has only ever affected us a couple times.

I, for instance, was recorded on video by my shop foreman, sleeping on a homemade hammock 7 feet in the air, with a blanket, radio on and everything, and the only words I got were "WAKE UP! Got a job for you. Comfy up there?" However, there are places where you could get written up for something as simple as a quiet discussion on break, or walking to the bathroom at the wrong time. So I think the issues with management are more, 'how much can we get away with without them knowing', and less 'how much will they let us do'.

People keep telling me I should ask for a raise, or if I'm thinking of working somewhere else for better pay. Quite frankly, I don't think I'd find a better place if I looked all my life, even if it paid double what I make now.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14674 Post by Technic[Bot] »

As a cute example.
In my company you do not ask for a raise nor a promotion. One day you are on a meeting with the rest of the team and your director announces:
Director wrote: Oh by the way Mr Pedro got promoted congratulations Pedro!
Same with raises. Well that is what it used to happen. One of the upper management guys, really upper management like CTO level. Was the one enforcing the surprise promotions. A couple years after he left the company you are finally being asked if you want to be promoted beforehand.

Same with work from home. COVID aside my employer never like the idea of working from home. It took the dead of another upper management hot shot and a global pandemic for them to be more flexible about it.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14675 Post by Bellhead »

Here's another random reference you may or may not get with Google...

"I'm going there, no more to roam..."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14676 Post by Technic[Bot] »

And another one of my colleagues just quit. It is the 4th one this month.... :(

And I didn't know it myself but google says Ed Sheeran?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14677 Post by Bellhead »

HAH! Flippin' Google...

It's from an old folk song, Wayfaring Stranger. Not really his, by any means, but he sang it in GoT, so now he's all that pops up. Personally, I like the version in the No Evil animation by WarlordOfNoodles, but I never could get it without the sound effects.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#14678 Post by Kellard »

Breaking glass again

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#14679 Post by stlsf4003 »

Is it just me or has the forum's for or less become a ghost town?

It's so quite you can hear a pen drop in here!
the lurking furry railroader

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14680 Post by Bellhead »

Yeah, well... It's not like phpBB is all that popular anymore. What with Discord and all that...

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#14681 Post by Neutral Smith »

The TK Discord (unofficial) is a hellhole. IRC is much nicer.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#14682 Post by stlsf4003 »

Welp. If no one posts anything on here when the next new page comes out, I'd say this forum is pretty much dead.

Ain't touching that discord though. I've seen what happens when some get their jimmies in a knot in this fandom! This is the one place were your not likely to get your head bitten off. ;)
the lurking furry railroader

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#14683 Post by Kellard »

Yep. It's a pretty good place. Unfortunately, a lot of older members don't come around anymore and most newbies don't last.
I'll be here until the end of time though.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14684 Post by Bellhead »

Same. Even the official Twokinds IRC chat is pretty dead... and nobody there even talks about the comic beyond "Oh hey, there's a new page?"

Still get the noobs, though. Come in, say hi, leave 40 seconds later. I remember when #2K became a thing, though... it was supposed to be solely about the comic, storyline, characters, etc... Then the great master Bumpersam moved that to discord too. I'm still in it, but I'm one of only two, and nobody ever comes in.

But yeah. I'll be here as long as Tom keeps posting, and the server holds out. The great Turaiel would be the only one who could stop my attendance now. muahaha. :|

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#14685 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:12 pm Is it just me or has the forum's for or less become a ghost town?

It's so quite you can hear a pen drop in here!
I have carried out some reasearch on that topic. As we can see from the number of forum replies over the years you are correct. People has steadily loose interest in the forum over the years. Despite the comic gaining popularity over the same timeframe in other platforms.

As Gen. Bellhead mentions is most likely a matter of phpBB and message boards in general loosing popularity to things like facebook, twitter, reddit and, god-forbid, tiktok. We still walk this venerable halls since this is what we grew up in and we are comfortable with the interface. But for newer fans the forum may be unwieldy at best, unusable at worst.

That being said most new comic pages still atract around 50 responses thought everything else is kinda dead, as we are just a couple dozen of active users.
Bellhead wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:47 pm Same. Even the official Twokinds IRC chat is pretty dead... and nobody there even talks about the comic beyond "Oh hey, there's a new page?"

Still get the noobs, though. Come in, say hi, leave 40 seconds later. I remember when #2K became a thing, though... it was supposed to be solely about the comic, storyline, characters, etc... Then the great master Bumpersam moved that to discord too. I'm still in it, but I'm one of only two, and nobody ever comes in.

But yeah. I'll be here as long as Tom keeps posting, and the server holds out. The great Turaiel would be the only one who could stop my attendance now. muahaha. :|
I really never got into IRC even back it is heyday.

Also excuse my ignorance but. What is a #2K?
Kellard wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:23 pm Yep. It's a pretty good place. Unfortunately, a lot of older members don't come around anymore and most newbies don't last.
I'll be here until the end of time though.
I really like it here. It is a cozy close knit community. I do not see myself leaving the forum anytime soon.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide