:raine:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Last Man Posting

#13593 Post by Bellhead »

Kellard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:38 am:raine:
What about her? :potatoes:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#13594 Post by Neutral Smith »

There are some things I do not want to know.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#13595 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Knowledge is power.
But not asking questions you do not want to know the answer to is a good rule of thumb.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13596 Post by Bellhead »

This is true, but in most of said situations, the person asking would not know if they "want to know" or not.

That is a luxury only afforded, however, to the person being asked, and only in the situation where they know the meaning of the question, surface and subtext, the psychology of the person asking with regards to said question, the effect caused both on a personal and relationship level and on an environmental one, as well as the effects of not only a truthful answer, but also a lie, intentional or otherwise, and of course the indecisive course of action, and the relative repercussions of each.

Only when ALL of these conditions are met can the person asking have all of the proper and truthful information necessary to decide for themself whether or not they "want to know".

Then there's the whole argument of "better to know and regret, then to incite false hope" and all that.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#13597 Post by Kellard »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:12 pm
Kellard wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:38 am:raine:
What about her? :potatoes:
The best

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster

#13598 Post by Neutral Smith »

If you don't know how to do something you can avoid doing that thing, because you know that someone else has to do it.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#13599 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

Great result!
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13600 Post by Bellhead »

Neutral Smith wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:57 am If you don't know how to do something you can avoid doing that thing, because you know that someone else has to do it.
Good idea in theory, ineffective in practice. If you don't know how, you may be told to learn.

As a mechanic, I have a more practical solution: Dirty hands. Need interior work done? Too dirty. Long test drive for a random noise? Sorry. Cloth tan interior? My ABSOLUTE worst nightmare, and the whole shop knows it.

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

#13601 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:08 am
Neutral Smith wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:57 am If you don't know how to do something you can avoid doing that thing, because you know that someone else has to do it.
Good idea in theory, ineffective in practice. If you don't know how, you may be told to learn.

As a mechanic, I have a more practical solution: Dirty hands. Need interior work done? Too dirty. Long test drive for a random noise? Sorry. Cloth tan interior? My ABSOLUTE worst nightmare, and the whole shop knows it.
What if someone hands you a wet wipe and asks you to do the thing anyways?
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13602 Post by Bellhead »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Won't work. Water just beads right off, I kid you not. I brought Boraxo for this reason, and even built myself my own sink because the shop sink is motion triggered and it doesn't see my hands.

Add in that I can walk in with baby-level clean hands, and they're oiled black by the time I walk across the floor without touching anything. I can leave a fingerprint through clean new gloves after washing my hands twice.
My dirt is LEGENDARY.

Besides. Wet wipes are for germs.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster

#13603 Post by Neutral Smith »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:22 am
JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Won't work. Water just beads right off, I kid you not. I brought Boraxo for this reason, and even built myself my own sink because the shop sink is motion triggered and it doesn't see my hands.

Add in that I can walk in with baby-level clean hands, and they're oiled black by the time I walk across the floor without touching anything. I can leave a fingerprint through clean new gloves after washing my hands twice.
My dirt is LEGENDARY.

Besides. Wet wipes are for germs.
Not all wet wipes are for germs. I doubt that https://veidec.com/en/total-clean kills them.
These wipes are the real 'shampoo for men (also body wash, dishes and car)' joke.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#13604 Post by Kellard »

Meatball

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13605 Post by Bellhead »