For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Last Man Posting

#13936 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Fun diary fact:
The biggest milk producer in the world is China. Yet most Chinese are lactose intolerant.

Here in Mexico que hace something called Morelian wafers (obleas Morelianas) they are very similar to the sturmwaffle Mr Neutral eat. The wafer is very thin and is filled with milk candy: cajeta or "dulce de leche"
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13937 Post by Bellhead »

I remember learning as a kid that dairy cows produce something like 1 gallon each day. I remember thinking, "That's more than any one person would ever need!"

... I would need two of them now ...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#13938 Post by Kellard »

Melk

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13939 Post by Bellhead »

Mork. Proper misspelling is important, you know.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Kellard
Templar Master

#13940 Post by Kellard »

Mother of god

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13941 Post by Bellhead »

Indeed.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#13942 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Funny I have been trying to drink less milk for some years now.
For the record I do not think it is as bad as some people claim to be. But I do not think it is a super nutritious healthy drink either.
I lost some weight simply switching from full fat milk to skim milk and nowadays a liter last me around a week

Now if I could stop drinking coke....
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13943 Post by Bellhead »

My diet consists of roughly 2 gal of 2% per day, with one bowl of cereal and occasionally a single chicken wing. I lose weight if I exersize, but gain if I sit around and do nothing on my days off.

On another note, I managed to get a new error in XP today. Well, "new" as in 'I haven't gotten it before'. I had no sound output from anything, not system, firefox, games.. except Windows Media Player, for some reason. Snood even came up with an error that said my driver was missing. But, in true vintage hack fashion, I rebooted and now everything works fine.

Ah, XP... How I miss thee. May you never change.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#13944 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I used to, past tense, drink a lot of milk. Hence i was able to loose a couple kilos simply by switching to skim milk.
I am no couch potato but... Who am I kidding I am a couch potato. I find exercise tedious and boring I am not slim by any means but I am not that fat either. Decent Metabolism i guess. Even then i have manage to loose weight while on lock-down.

I remember back in the day "kernel noise" was an issue. Sometimes the electric noise produced by your CPU manage to get all over the sound cards and it manifested as a constant hiss. The only solution was a full restart and probably removing the supply wire for a couple minutes to force everything to discharge. Nowadays it is not as common, shielding has improving a lot. But from time to time my 2017 computer with a 2020 OS decides to hiss a little.

Seriously thought if possible migrate to another OS. Trust me when I say you do not want to carry over a decade of unfixed bugs on anything.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Kellard
Templar Master

#13945 Post by Kellard »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:25 am Funny I have been trying to drink less milk for some years now.
For the record I do not think it is as bad as some people claim to be. But I do not think it is a super nutritious healthy drink either.
I lost some weight simply switching from full fat milk to skim milk and nowadays a liter last me around a week

Now if I could stop drinking coke....
I recommend you swap it with 0 sugar Peñafiel flavors for a while. They have no calories and aren't addicting so you'll eventually crave neither them nor coke. I know I sound like an ad but I'd rather drink that because Coca Cola is like a drug, and the more you drink it the more you'll crave it.
Bellhead wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:21 am My diet consists of roughly 2 gal of 2% per day, with one bowl of cereal and occasionally a single chicken wing.
Why in God's name are you drinking 2 gallons of milk per day?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13946 Post by Bellhead »

Because it tastes good and it's quick and easy. No more "What's here to eat?", no more "I need something, but I don't know what".

It simplifies things SO much.

Kellard
Templar Master

#13947 Post by Kellard »

It just sounds seriously unhealthy. Plus consuming 2 gallons a day means you're drinking over 3000 calories in milk alone every day. Seems insane.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13948 Post by Bellhead »

Meh. Been a few years now, and I'm not doing too bad. And I work almost 60 hours a week, so 3000 calories doesn't seem that crazy.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#13949 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Kellard wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:55 am I recommend you swap it with 0 sugar Peñafiel flavors for a while. They have no calories and aren't addicting so you'll eventually crave neither them nor coke. I know I sound like an ad but I'd rather drink that because Coca Cola is like a drug, and the more you drink it the more you'll crave it.
I did not know the sold Peñafiel outside Mexico. I do like them but there is some evidence there is a link between artificial sweeteners and diabetes. The evidence is inconclusive as of now but at least for now, until more research is passed, I avoid them as much as possible.
So far I been diluting coke with water and so far it is working, i find pure coke too sweet now. My long term idea is to stop drinking sodas and other sugary drinks completely. Mineral water is also an option but that usually has a lot of salt.
Kellard wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:32 pm It just sounds seriously unhealthy. Plus consuming 2 gallons a day means you're drinking over 3000 calories in milk alone every day. Seems insane.
I first read that as "deliciously unhealthy"....

But Mr Kellard has a good point, milk has too much fat and some brands also have a lot of sugar. On top of that a man cannot live on Milk alone. I really doubt that milk is nutritious enough to be the main source of sustenance for someone. That is the kind of stuff we can do on our twenties but will curse ourselves when we get to our forties...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#13950 Post by Neutral Smith »

I'm here for a good time, not for a long time.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.