Last Man Posting

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Adira

Re: Last Man Posting

#13621 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

I know there's one (and exactly one) Ikea in my state, and that it's in the town my grandparents live in...damn shame it's almost certainly closed for the near future (;_;)
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#13622 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I have never been to an ikea before. But I have ensembled some of its furniture once, and was paid handsomely for it.
But are those stores any good?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#13623 Post by Neutral Smith »

First visit will be a bit like SCP-3008, but if you know the shortcuts it's a normal store.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: "Madness" Madelyn

#13624 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

Neutral Smith wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:49 am First visit will be a bit like SCP-3008, but if you know the shortcuts it's a normal store.
So. Of the times I've been to Ikea in my life (~20 times) I've probably taken one of these "shortcuts" at least once but now for the main part of this post

THERE ARE SHORCUTS?!?!?!
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13625 Post by Bellhead »

Indeed. They're labeled on the map, and there are signs on the walls. Didn't you look?

And to answer another question, their furniture is pretty decent, for the price.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

AnApocalypticLime
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: "Madness" Madelyn

#13626 Post by AnApocalypticLime »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:12 pm Indeed. They're labeled on the map, and there are signs on the walls. Didn't you look?

And to answer another question, their furniture is pretty decent, for the price.
I never looked at the map (granted, I was with someone else who kinda knew the place) but the first time I went in, we mostly walked around and most the stuff we were looking for was on the second floor so I only had to remember half as much but after two visits I mostly knew where the relevant stuff was.

Also, the desk that I'm using right now is from IKEA and it's lasted me 3 1/2 years of me abusing it with my knee on it and slamming my chair into it constantly (not the desk's fault but I love and hate this chair so much and also I hit constantly hit my knee on every desk I own)
Wow these things are way harder to come up with than you'd think. Or is that just me?

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler

#13627 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

AnApocalypticLime wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:59 am
Bellhead wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:12 pm Indeed. They're labeled on the map, and there are signs on the walls. Didn't you look?

I never looked at the map (granted, I was with someone else who kinda knew the place) but the first time I went in, we mostly walked around and most the stuff we were looking for was on the second floor so I only had to remember half as much but after two visits I mostly knew where the relevant stuff was.

Also, the desk that I'm using right now is from IKEA and it's lasted me 3 1/2 years of me abusing it with my knee on it and slamming my chair into it constantly (not the desk's fault but I love and hate this chair so much and also I hit constantly hit my knee on every desk I own)
Welcome to the "violence towards desks" gang -- break two and you get a third free!

I remember I used to get furious when my code didn't work and I took it out on my poor desk -- to this day it's got a bunch of scratches and cracks in it :( Honestly, it's only a matter of time before it gives up the ghost, especially given that it's around forty years old :P
Grumpily succumbing to the moral imperative of tentacle-delivered pleasure like a good utilitarian :evil:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13628 Post by Bellhead »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:51 pm Honestly, it's only a matter of time before it gives up the ghost, especially given that it's around forty years old :P
Respect your elders!

To be fair, for quite a while, my "desk" was one of those '80s brightly colored tables with the tube frame legs. It was red. Had the yellow one too. Used to nap under it when I was little.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

JonahAndTheWolf
Traveler

#13629 Post by JonahAndTheWolf »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:26 pm Respect your elders!

To be fair, for quite a while, my "desk" was one of those '80s brightly colored tables with the tube frame legs. It was red. Had the yellow one too. Used to nap under it when I was little.
How do you know I'm not around 40 years old? :P Ignore the fact that my age is on my profile

I'm actually trying to be more careful with this desk, and conduct some discreet repairs on it, because I inherited it from my grandfather so I know I'll be sad to see it go. Plus, my dad'll kill me if he finds out some of the stuff I've done to it (;_;)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13630 Post by Bellhead »

JonahAndTheWolf wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:30 pm I'm actually trying to be more careful with this desk, and conduct some discreet repairs on it, because I inherited it from my grandfather so I know I'll be sad to see it go. Plus, my dad'll kill me if he finds out some of the stuff I've done to it (;_;)
Sand, wood filler, sand, stain, dry. You could call it restoration, and preserve the family heirloom at the same time.

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#13631 Post by Foxx Trotter »

I'm just gonna fill in this post so I continue on with my business. :P
Videre videnda.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#13632 Post by Kellard »

Yesn't

Hayate
The Hidden User

#13633 Post by Hayate »

Shorn’t
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#13634 Post by DariusL »

Mow

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#13635 Post by Neutral Smith »

I saw that I was expected in 'who will post next', but someone else didn't think of European times, so I let that one pass.

And work is far busier than expected, so little time to post here regularly in the next few days/weeks.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.